Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787386 times)

Mc89

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #7800 on: November 12, 2023, 03:40:10 PM »
I hope the 440v2 keeps the same insole, or maybe uses the same insole as the 480 nothing worse than a thick insole imo

soot_yawd

• Rep: 6
« Reply #7801 on: November 12, 2023, 03:41:45 PM »
I'm looking at grabbing a pair of 2002Rs from the Concepts sale. I've only worn NB#. I'm a size 11 in the 440s, 480s, and 508s, and a size 11.5 in the 808s and 1010s.

Does anyone have suggestions on sizing for the 2002Rs?

Underpressureflips

• Rep: 45
« Reply #7802 on: November 12, 2023, 08:40:35 PM »
I'm looking at grabbing a pair of 2002Rs from the Concepts sale. I've only worn NB#. I'm a size 11 in the 440s, 480s, and 508s, and a size 11.5 in the 808s and 1010s.

Does anyone have suggestions on sizing for the 2002Rs?

TTS for me

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7803 on: November 13, 2023, 02:23:03 AM »
I tried on some 808s yesterday - is it normal for there to be a significant amount of excess fabric where the tongue is sewed on?  It was so obvious and uncomfortable in the toe box.

I did walk out with some 508s on sale, which is not a shoe I was really, after but they felt great and the colorway was pretty clean.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 57
« Reply #7804 on: November 13, 2023, 02:59:27 AM »
My love/hate relationship continues with the 808. I couldn’t bring myself to declutter them. Got rid of my used 440s, but took the 808s out of the pile.

I’m glad the 480s are strapless TBH. My foot is a little wide and I’ve had to cut them in the past. The tongues haven’t moved for me.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #7805 on: November 13, 2023, 06:18:42 AM »
Tried on the 306s yesterday and they’re the first NB shoe that felt wide and flat enough in the midfoot for me, while still offering enough support and protection.  Not a huge fan of the colourways they come in, but the all black and white N ones are pretty clean.  Would def grab a pair if I found them on sale in 11.5.. but also tempted to wait and see what the wide offerings in 2024 look like.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #7806 on: November 13, 2023, 09:01:50 AM »
sizing comparison please

440H (leather, white colgate toothpaste tom knox high's) compared to 440H Trail

that being said i recognize that the 440H in leather is definitely longer than the 440H in suede
good come sausage

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 311
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #7807 on: November 13, 2023, 09:06:45 AM »
sizing comparison please

440H (leather, white colgate toothpaste tom knox high's) compared to 440H Trail

that being said i recognize that the 440H in leather is definitely longer than the 440H in suede
if you like to wear thick merino wool socks for hiking, you should be safe with sizing up in the 440H Trail.

as for the leather vs. suede 440H sizing comparison, i don't feel a difference

rothdigga

• Rep: 575
« Reply #7808 on: November 13, 2023, 09:33:21 AM »
Does anyone have an estimate on when the v2's drop? I only skate the 440h right now but like some others want that slightly more supportive mid sole
For those asking when the 440V2's will hit, they're a Spring 2024 shoe.  You should start seeing them in shops late Jan for a 2/1 launch date.  Only a couple more months and they'll be in the wild. 

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #7809 on: November 13, 2023, 01:16:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just came back from skating the 600 for the first time and I'm very pleased.
For me shoe worked perfectly, they felt good straight away and sure they're TTS.
Grip is great and tbh I can't think of anything bad about them besides wishing some tongue straps and maybe a little thicker/puffier tongue.
Landed primo twice and felt nothing.
[close]

Agree on everything. Kinda baffled they left out the tongue straps -- my only criticism about this otherwise great shoe.
[close]
I hope this isn’t the trend. If I could make one change to my 480’s it would be having tongue straps
Couple team dudes said the same, so we're looking into it, testing some options so we don't end up with a bad fit or issues like the comment at the top of the page mentioned.
Get litty.....

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1325
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #7810 on: November 13, 2023, 01:22:10 PM »
Like @OhioGuy was saying, I do not miss the tongue straps in the 480. They aren't moving around for me either. Normally I think they are pretty crucial.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #7811 on: November 13, 2023, 01:45:14 PM »
I had a lil tongue sliding on the launch 480s but the black leather pair im on now is totally fine so far. Straps would definitely be nice but I can see there being a fine line to tow with adding them while not altering the fit of the shoe. It does seem like somewhat of a weird omission given the rest of the tech within the shoe

rothdigga

• Rep: 575
« Reply #7812 on: November 13, 2023, 02:17:35 PM »
Wonder why the first 3 drops of 480 came pretty much simultaneously with the US (Being in Europe) and after that just crickets.
I think Europe got their production orders in for the other colorways at the wrong time, thus changing when other colors arrive for them and not aligning with ours sadly. 

mini greek

« Reply #7813 on: November 13, 2023, 04:00:53 PM »
I had a lil tongue sliding on the launch 480s but the black leather pair im on now is totally fine so far. Straps would definitely be nice but I can see there being a fine line to tow with adding them while not altering the fit of the shoe. It does seem like somewhat of a weird omission given the rest of the tech within the shoe
Yeah, Im part of the anti-tongue strap crowd, mostly because my foot is widest right where the straps seem to hit, so we're on version 3 or 4 of different types of materials for the straps and these latest ones actually improve the fit IMO, so we're doing a wider test now to see how others feel. If we can add em and they don't affect the cost drastically and they improve the fit/performance, we're all about it.
Get litty.....

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #7814 on: November 13, 2023, 04:33:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Wonder why the first 3 drops of 480 came pretty much simultaneously with the US (Being in Europe) and after that just crickets.
[close]
I think Europe got their production orders in for the other colorways at the wrong time, thus changing when other colors arrive for them and not aligning with ours sadly.

Guessing they were on their monthly vacation

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #7815 on: November 13, 2023, 05:34:06 PM »
Like @OhioGuy was saying, I do not miss the tongue straps in the 480. They aren't moving around for me either. Normally I think they are pretty crucial.

This. I’ve seen no tongue movement without the straps, and I haven’t used the lace loop on the tongue either. That said, tongue strap or no tongue strap, I’ll still be buying them, assuming a strap doesn’t jack up the fit.

The 480 is a shoe I don’t have to think about when I wear it. It just feels right. It has become my favorite nb#. My go to. My daily driver. I could go on and on. Currently skating the Reynolds 480, and wearing the navy/white ones everywhere else. I fucking love this shoe.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7816 on: November 14, 2023, 12:17:46 AM »
Never had 3 shoes that I like a lot at the same time, even less on the same brand.
808, 600 and 480 are so damn good. Each one have a thing (tiny) that I don't like but the pros are so many that those tiny cons don't matter but just for nerdy sake:
- 808: Grip could be better and ventilation too even tho this last point is a good plus for winter.
- 600: As said, tongue straps would be nice but a little thicker tongue would be better.
- 480: That little rubber bump on the toe is super annoying for me but I get that is something that many people might like + that goes away relatively fast.

A 808 with 480 grip would be a dream, the same as a 480 with a 600 toe and a 600 with a 480 tongue.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #7817 on: November 15, 2023, 09:45:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. I’ve seen no tongue movement without the straps, and I haven’t used the lace loop on the tongue either. That said, tongue strap or no tongue strap, I’ll still be buying them, assuming a strap doesn’t jack up the fit.

The 480 is a shoe I don’t have to think about when I wear it. It just feels right. It has become my favorite nb#. My go to. My daily driver. I could go on and on. Currently skating the Reynolds 480, and wearing the navy/white ones everywhere else. I fucking love this shoe.

Yeah I've been skating the 1010s almost exclusively for the past 3 years but the 480s felt perfect from the first session. Currently skating my second pair now and wearing a couple others around

If shoes had overall ratings like in 2K I'd say the 1010 still has the slightly higher rating but only because it has tongue straps, the heel pods, and a lil extra durability. I think the grip on the 480s is better, midsole cushioning is about the same, but the collar and upper of the shoe are thinner and make the shoe much lighter than the 1010. It still feels supportive and durable, just not to the same degree as the 1010s. They're both pretty balanced shoes but the 480s lean a lil more towards tech/responsiveness while the 1010s more padded upper and collar are more for higher impact skating or those who need extra support. Can't go wrong with either one tho IMO

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7818 on: November 15, 2023, 10:00:02 AM »
don’t know why the 808s don’t get enough love. i just copped a new pair from familia for $45 shipping included. pretty hyped to break those in while i keep skating the pair i have now

It's the best shoe in the history of shoes.

I almost look forward to landing on the rail and watching my board fly out from underneath me from the primo stomp.

I feel nothing.

My perma rolled ankle is doing well.

If you're old and wanna flip the board this is definitely the shoe

Toe box shape should be called auto flip or something

Idk how but the red and black fit my look. It's like my feet was waiting for them.

Makes me wanna go try a cab fakie Manny in a parking garage. I feel like I suddenly have the power of all skaters world wide
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #7819 on: November 15, 2023, 11:39:45 AM »
Yeah the collar and padding on the 1010s is so damn comfortable and they fit me more perfectly than any other shoe I've ever tried.

I think my flick is still a bit better on dunks n jordans, which are both great for me, but when I put em on coming from 1010s they definitely feel like ass for a lil bit coz I'm so spoilt by the perfectly snug fit and padding on the 1010

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #7820 on: November 15, 2023, 11:58:24 AM »
I'm also curious to see what they do with the Tiago line over time. One guy having 2 "flagship" tier pro models isn't super common in skateboarding but it seems like both models are doing well. Interested to see if they ever do a Tiago 3 or if they just keep both the 1010/808 in the lineup indefinitely

I say it at least once every year but I do think the 1010 should get the Busenitz treatment and just be in catalog forever

mini greek

« Reply #7821 on: November 15, 2023, 02:26:55 PM »
Does anyone have an estimate on when the v2's drop? I only skate the 440h right now but like some others want that slightly more supportive mid sole
Middle of February 2024, two low color ways and 2 highs.
Get litty.....

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #7822 on: November 15, 2023, 02:27:28 PM »
I'm also curious to see what they do with the Tiago line over time. One guy having 2 "flagship" tier pro models isn't super common in skateboarding but it seems like both models are doing well. Interested to see if they ever do a Tiago 3 or if they just keep both the 1010/808 in the lineup indefinitely

I say it at least once every year but I do think the 1010 should get the Busenitz treatment and just be in catalog forever

True, but I’d say Rowley had that a lot in the 00s

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #7823 on: November 15, 2023, 10:28:51 PM »

I would quit skating if they stop making the 1010 lol

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7824 on: November 15, 2023, 11:33:45 PM »
Yeah the collar and padding on the 1010s is so damn comfortable and they fit me more perfectly than any other shoe I've ever tried.

I think my flick is still a bit better on dunks n jordans, which are both great for me, but when I put em on coming from 1010s they definitely feel like ass for a lil bit coz I'm so spoilt by the perfectly snug fit and padding on the 1010

Same for me, although I've noticed that the 1010 have a narrower upper/wider sole almost like a pyramid shape and I think that can make ankle articulation worse, but stability better.

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #7825 on: November 16, 2023, 05:56:18 AM »
Damn you NB# I wasn't supposed to give in to the lure of the 480 just yet as I just recently bought the 600 and love 'em but my local shop had the 480 on the shelf in white/black and I couldn't resist trying them on and man they felt nice and now I'm back home walking around in them and thinking about skateboarding and bloody hell the 440v2 is gonna drop in a few months and yeah I'd also like to try the 808 and jeez I guess I'm contributing to boosting the slow economy if nothing else and damn if I feel kinda happy now even.

/Kerouac mode

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #7826 on: November 16, 2023, 08:50:15 AM »
Damn you NB# I wasn't supposed to give in to the lure of the 480 just yet as I just recently bought the 600 and love 'em but my local shop had the 480 on the shelf in white/black and I couldn't resist trying them on and man they felt nice and now I'm back home walking around in them and thinking about skateboarding and bloody hell the 440v2 is gonna drop in a few months and yeah I'd also like to try the 808 and jeez I guess I'm contributing to boosting the slow economy if nothing else and damn if I feel kinda happy now even.

/Kerouac mode

In an alternate universe I like to believe I am sponsored by NB, but in this world; I am sponsoring NB and I am fine with that

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #7827 on: November 16, 2023, 09:45:18 AM »
In an alternate universe I like to believe I am sponsored by NB, but in this world; I am sponsoring NB and I am fine with that

Damn I really felt that

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7828 on: November 16, 2023, 11:31:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn I really felt that
Amen brotha.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

colinjustdidthenoseslide

• Rep: 7
« Reply #7829 on: November 16, 2023, 02:04:07 PM »
Has anyone skated the 808s and 480s who wouldn’t mind giving me their 2 cents on board feel comparison. I’ve had a couple of pairs of 306s and then 440s which I loved but just felt they were a bit too flimsy and under protected, my feet were taking a pounding and getting sore. Have got a pair of the 480s which feel a lot better in terms of protection but it’s taking me a bit of time to get used to the drop in board feel. Feels a bit like I’ve got a little platform between my shoes and my board of that makes sense. Maybe I need a bit more time to get used to them but was wondering if anyone knows how the 808s compare to the 480s in terms of board feel? Thanks!