Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787525 times)

AsianVegan, concerned_parent and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8490 on: February 09, 2024, 11:57:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The 480 hi already does and will likely scratch the itch some of your possible changes to the 440 v2 padding you suggested for some people (if not yourself).
So, if someone wants a thicker and more padded hi top, 480 is more their speed than the 440, imo. That said, I agree that the 440 models should have more collar and tongue padding, as they are way too thin as it is. Manageable, but not plush enough.
[close]

If only they had a decent launch colorway...
[close]

I love the 480s and think the first colorway wasnt horrible.

I like it more than the mostly blue 440 anyway.

Yeah, it wasn't horrible, but I wasn't feeling it.

I'd love to know what goes into launch colorways; I get that this shoe exits in multiple forms (the streetwear version) and has multiple colorways that shouldn't be repeated nb# vs streetwear for example so as to avoid confusion...but come on...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 01:52:39 PM by Xen »

Carter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #8491 on: February 09, 2024, 12:57:56 PM »
Expand Quote

Stoked that I got the 1010 on the unofficial Reynolds colorway and I couldn't let pass Knox 600 since both were 50%
I want some V2, probably high, and finally chill out with shoes for this year since I already have some 808, 600 and 480 on ice.
[close]

Lol, who are you kidding my dude?

only thing I don't like about my Ellingtons is the sole was super slippery idk if maybe its the first drop and they got stale that fast but my foot was sliding all over the place

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #8492 on: February 09, 2024, 04:19:48 PM »
I got some 440v2s yesterday and they feel great- very supportive sole, TTS and quite snug around the toe box.

They remind me of the Nike SB harbor, of which I had about 10 pairs. Do a baby blue 440, with white sole and navy N, and I'll buy 10 pairs of those too.

Should have made the 440v2 the Tom Knox shoe...

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8493 on: February 09, 2024, 07:33:21 PM »
I got some 440v2s yesterday and they feel great- very supportive sole, TTS and quite snug around the toe box.

They remind me of the Nike SB harbor, of which I had about 10 pairs. Do a baby blue 440, with white sole and navy N, and I'll buy 10 pairs of those too.

why what’s wrong with the 600

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #8494 on: February 09, 2024, 10:50:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Any idea when the wides will re-up?

Also, how much wider are they?

EDIT: I ask because my regular width ones were just delivered today, and I need to know if I skate them or keep them in the box, try out the wides and return the regulars.
[close]

The initial order for these I didn't get a big stock of wides to be honest.  I wasn't sure just how much interest we would have in the wide option.  I did order much more for the Fall colorways so it won't be until June/July that those hit.  The wide is 2E rather than D width, that doesn't give you a specific metric on how much wider they are, it's just the next mold width on the scale.  I think you could go to an NB store and try a 2E on vs a D in another shoe and it might help you.

Just catching up with this thread. I was wondering when the wides were dropping but I guess I missed them that's a bummer. Time to play the waiting game again.

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8495 on: February 09, 2024, 11:56:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think hes talking about the TK 440 colorway that dropped, should of been on the 440v2. The dark blue leather one.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

birdplops

« Reply #8496 on: February 10, 2024, 12:59:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like my pair, but they don't seem to be shifting many and he was already affiliated with the 440. Who knows- maybe they offered it to him.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8497 on: February 10, 2024, 01:31:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I like my pair, but they don't seem to be shifting many and he was already affiliated with the 440. Who knows- maybe they offered it to him.
Shoe is relatively new and there's already like 4 cw, what are you talking about?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 10:27:51 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

birdplops

« Reply #8498 on: February 10, 2024, 02:29:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Shoe is relatively and there's already like 4 cw, what are you talking about?

I'd be very pleased to be proven wrong- TK deserves to get paid.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #8499 on: February 10, 2024, 04:55:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Shoe is relatively and there's already like 4 cw, what are you talking about?
[close]

I'd be very pleased to be proven wrong- TK deserves to get paid.

I’ve bought two pair, looking to add the black and would def have got the blue pair if it was gum not black

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #8500 on: February 10, 2024, 06:39:43 AM »
Extremely random question here..

Does anyone know the length of the stock 808 laces?

*If not I’ll unlace a pair and measure myself*
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 07:30:29 AM by Puddy Smally »
Do you get deja vu, huh?

G_Money

• Rep: 12
« Reply #8501 on: February 10, 2024, 07:20:56 AM »
So how do the 440 and 600s compare to say the 808 or 1010? The sole on the 808 does wonders for my feet. I had a pair of 508s and the sole on those felt a steel belted radial.

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #8502 on: February 10, 2024, 07:44:12 AM »

Ok I need someone else to measure a pair because I have an unused set I pulled out of my black 808s, never worn with the shoes and they both measured 43 inches which seems to me to be a very strange length

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #8503 on: February 10, 2024, 08:12:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ok I need someone else to measure a pair because I have an unused set I pulled out of my black 808s, never worn with the shoes and they both measured 43 inches which seems to me to be a very strange length

Weird, that seems extremely short. I just measured at around 48”.

I’m also glad that I wasn’t the only person here wondering. NB doesn’t seem to give replacement laces with the 808 is why I asked initially. Funny that my question earned me a kook  ;D
Do you get deja vu, huh?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8504 on: February 10, 2024, 10:29:13 AM »
So how do the 440 and 600s compare to say the 808 or 1010? The sole on the 808 does wonders for my feet. I had a pair of 508s and the sole on those felt a steel belted radial.
I feel that 1010 are like 808 lights. With that being said I feel that 440 are like 600 lights
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #8505 on: February 10, 2024, 08:16:00 PM »
look down factor of the 480 is waaaayy better than I thought. Its 11:14pm and i wanna go flick some shit right now

Whts with these laces? they feel nice.

Not sure I like hypebeast calling them new balance dunks though

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #8506 on: February 10, 2024, 09:40:41 PM »
look down factor of the 480 is waaaayy better than I thought. Its 11:14pm and i wanna go flick some shit right now

I would be so bummed if they replaced dunks as the next hypebeast craze. Some of the colorways that have come out so far have already sold like crazy. I just want to be able to buy some skate shoes man

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8507 on: February 10, 2024, 09:50:26 PM »
Reynolds commenting on weartested post about 440v2 saying he uses a thicker insole

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 9
« Reply #8508 on: February 11, 2024, 06:07:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I would be so bummed if they replaced dunks as the next hypebeast craze. Some of the colorways that have come out so far have already sold like crazy. I just want to be able to buy some skate shoes man

I feel both of these sentiments.

If these gain that sort of popularity, hopefully NB does what Nike should've always done and keep some basic color ways in stock/production year round.

Maybe even only sell those ones in skate shops if they were being SUPER core.  Probably a bad business decision I know, I'm just looking out for my personal interests lol.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #8509 on: February 11, 2024, 06:20:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Only colorways that sold out like crazy were the Reynolds and Dunkin Donuts. The Reynolds were available for a little while, but the DD were made in limited quantity. You can find any of the other colorways if you look hard enough. Also, I really don't think this will be the next dunk, that ship has pretty much already sailed and trend has switched to shoes like the Samba/Gazelle/Campus 00s. Don't take anything hypebeast says at face value, it's just over glorified marketing and a lot of paid articles (not that I'm accusing NB# of paying for an article, just that HB is not very reliable).

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8510 on: February 11, 2024, 09:55:57 AM »
Orchard got bunch on sale again.

I almost got 1010s but I saw the black 808 with the clear sole so I kept it going.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

beecee

• Rep: 3
« Reply #8511 on: February 11, 2024, 10:38:15 AM »
gotta say the 440 trails have been doing me solid this winter as my go to boot when leaving the house, been wearing them just about every day since mid december. TTS and quiet comfy after breaking in the collar (was irritating my achilles initially), had a few days where i spent upwards of 10-12 hours in them and no complaints on comfort. cant say how well they hold up in rain/water as i haven't stepped in any huge puddles but they've held up in the snow and -20C weather keeping my feet a lot warmer than say my old vans mte's i've used the past few winters before this.

only downside i see is the sole tread. wish the traction didnt stop so early at the heel and wish there were a few more breakups vertically in the tread from toe to heel to give some better side to side traction. still give some decent grip tho

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #8512 on: February 11, 2024, 04:29:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Good thing the durometer didn't change on the 440v2. The flick is what keeps me coming back to the shoe. Now keep a blck/whte pair in stock you sons of bitches. Or just in stock in general.
[close]
Black and white is just so boring😉, you guys gotta live a little😂….dont worry, we’ve got the standard skate colors coming soon.
[close]
word, I said it before and I'll say it again. For the love of god, please make an all black 440 high with these v2s. Are there any plans for it or am I gonna have to consider going back to vulcs?
[close]

Patrick Praman was seen skating a pair in his Real Pro part, so I believe it's safe to assume a murdered out 440 Hi V2 is coming
[close]

saw yesterday night that he posted an insta story about the sample he skated there and how he was involved with the process.
It's still up if anybody is interested.....first samples were november 2022 according to this. quite some time working on those
[close]

Got a SB (shoe boner)
[close]

goooood bless, thanks guys
[close]

I don't like mids but these better pass the sample stage.

I was chatting with pat on ig about the process and he was cool and gave me some info. Unfortunately while the his are coming - the all black is reserved for samples he said. To quote him “ nb loves their colors”
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

OhioGuy

• Rep: 57
« Reply #8513 on: February 11, 2024, 04:49:04 PM »
Are we still getting those black 480 Highs?

Tre

• Rep: 4
« Reply #8514 on: February 11, 2024, 10:38:39 PM »
Does anybody know when new colorways of the 440v2 will drop?

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #8515 on: February 12, 2024, 12:10:38 AM »
gotta say the 440 trails have been doing me solid this winter as my go to boot when leaving the house, been wearing them just about every day since mid december. TTS and quiet comfy after breaking in the collar (was irritating my achilles initially), had a few days where i spent upwards of 10-12 hours in them and no complaints on comfort. cant say how well they hold up in rain/water as i haven't stepped in any huge puddles but they've held up in the snow and -20C weather keeping my feet a lot warmer than say my old vans mte's i've used the past few winters before this.

only downside i see is the sole tread. wish the traction didnt stop so early at the heel and wish there were a few more breakups vertically in the tread from toe to heel to give some better side to side traction. still give some decent grip tho

Really like the 440 trails. Been warm and comfy in them this winter. Perfect for snowskating, too. They don't hold up too well in really wet conditions, but otherwise they are great.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #8516 on: February 12, 2024, 08:38:58 AM »
Does anybody know when new colorways of the 440v2 will drop?

Probably with the spring summer drop, although NB does a good job of doing monthly stuff so it seems. Or just releases stuff as they get it in from over seas.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8517 on: February 12, 2024, 09:09:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Good thing the durometer didn't change on the 440v2. The flick is what keeps me coming back to the shoe. Now keep a blck/whte pair in stock you sons of bitches. Or just in stock in general.
[close]
Black and white is just so boring😉, you guys gotta live a little😂….dont worry, we’ve got the standard skate colors coming soon.
[close]
word, I said it before and I'll say it again. For the love of god, please make an all black 440 high with these v2s. Are there any plans for it or am I gonna have to consider going back to vulcs?
[close]

Patrick Praman was seen skating a pair in his Real Pro part, so I believe it's safe to assume a murdered out 440 Hi V2 is coming
[close]

saw yesterday night that he posted an insta story about the sample he skated there and how he was involved with the process.
It's still up if anybody is interested.....first samples were november 2022 according to this. quite some time working on those
[close]

Got a SB (shoe boner)
[close]

[close]

[close]

I was chatting with pat on ig about the process and he was cool and gave me some info. Unfortunately while the his are coming - the all black is reserved for samples he said. To quote him “ nb loves their colors”
Bummer :(
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #8518 on: February 12, 2024, 10:28:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Got a SB (shoe boner)
[close]

[close]

[close]

So the B stands for Benetton

OhioGuy

• Rep: 57
« Reply #8519 on: February 12, 2024, 10:45:40 AM »
NB# has the best promo videos. Nike and Adidas need to do better!