Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 787506 times)

DinnerDog425, jsettle and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Scarecrow Radio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 28
  • we are the music makers
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #8520 on: February 12, 2024, 11:04:25 AM »
Picked up a pair of last year's Gray Day 808's, the suede is so buttery maybe the highest quality leather I've ever seen on a skate shoe

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2250
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8521 on: February 12, 2024, 11:46:04 AM »
There is an all black 440 V2 High in a future catalog. All black with gum on the very bottom.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #8522 on: February 12, 2024, 01:54:02 PM »
There is an all black 440 V2 High in a future catalog. All black with gum on the very bottom.

Interesting , guess the gum counts as a “color”
I’d imagine the all black sole is just for samples so you can skate em in footage while obscuring certain details like they do with prototype cars. I noticed nike does it too , when they dropped the Cortez sb shoe the designer mentioned they’d been in multiple edits but were blacked out. Makes sense. Either way will have to check out a pair when they drop.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8523 on: February 12, 2024, 06:55:45 PM »
NB# has the best promo videos. Nike and Adidas need to do better!

NB don't need to impress Hypebeast. I mean why inject it with a bunch of bullshit to impress non skaters? They got like 3/4 of DGK and Primitive. That's going to be footy city always.

I want dunks for sure. But I want the good insoles back and I don't wanna raffle for so bogus colourway colab with some random beef jerky company.

Zoom blows. Fix it you stupid masters. Multinationals destroying the planet and your feet. Fuckin useless air bag basically a k cup.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8524 on: February 12, 2024, 11:11:32 PM »

Since apparently the all black V2 aren't happening I found these for €40 and obviously pulled the trigger. V2 arrived to EU (SkateDeluxe) but I'll wait till some discount pops up
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #8525 on: February 13, 2024, 12:35:51 AM »

Since apparently the all black V2 aren't happening I found these for €40 and obviously pulled the trigger. V2 arrived to EU (SkateDeluxe) but I'll wait till some discount pops up

Watson just confirmed that they are happening, just with gum on the bottom
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8526 on: February 13, 2024, 01:39:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah but I have trust issues
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

uesty

• Rep: 94
« Reply #8527 on: February 13, 2024, 07:25:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yeah but I have trust issues

low top gum bottoms next drop (probably march-ish)

rothdigga

• Rep: 576
« Reply #8528 on: February 13, 2024, 10:55:42 AM »
Are we still getting those black 480 Highs?
I think those are sometime in May...not too far away.

rothdigga

« Reply #8529 on: February 13, 2024, 10:57:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anybody know when new colorways of the 440v2 will drop?
[close]

Probably with the spring summer drop, although NB does a good job of doing monthly stuff so it seems. Or just releases stuff as they get it in from over seas.
Next 440 round will be Q2/Summer which should start hitting stores late March or early April.  Black/Gum coming and a nice baby blue/white for the 2 low colorways.

hayduke lives

• Rep: 40
« Reply #8530 on: February 13, 2024, 03:45:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably with the spring summer drop, although NB does a good job of doing monthly stuff so it seems. Or just releases stuff as they get it in from over seas.
[close]
Next 440 round will be Q2/Summer which should start hitting stores late March or early April.  Black/Gum coming and a nice baby blue/white for the 2 low colorways.

curious on the timeframe for next synthetic 440 colorway. also, any chance we'd ever get a synth 480? that would likely be my dream shoe.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #8531 on: February 13, 2024, 06:18:44 PM »
been trying to find insoles for the og 440 hi and put in a set from my NB fresh foams and they made my feet all tingly

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #8532 on: February 14, 2024, 12:00:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

😍 Outstanding.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #8533 on: February 14, 2024, 01:22:48 PM »
So no reveal of the skateshop day NB#s yet?   Isn’t it Monday?

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #8534 on: February 14, 2024, 01:35:55 PM »
So for whom this may concern/help. 48” laces are perfect replacement size for the 808’s. I wanted to buy boot laces for the wheat colorway to stress the Timb look, and the size is on point.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

rothdigga

« Reply #8535 on: February 14, 2024, 03:01:42 PM »
We didn't do any Skate Shop Day shoes this year.  The shoe we had in mind doesn't arrive until well after so we're just launching those at a later date.  Sorry for the confusion.  But they're bangers...you should see them in April sometime I think.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #8536 on: February 14, 2024, 03:29:40 PM »
I had tingling in my toes this time in my newest 808s. I started using the lace lock on the top of the shoe now I'm fine.

Went for a roll. I prefer the clear sole center to the black. Idk if it's in my head or just the two shoes I got. Both pairs are brand new and the all black is stickier.

I love this shoe man. I'm so glad I keep finding them on sale. I'm gonna keep an ice box collection for sure.

I almost 1010'd. I'm glad I kept it going. I'm going to keep all the stuff I got going on rn going because it's all feeling great
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #8537 on: February 14, 2024, 03:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

curious on the timeframe for next synthetic 440 colorway. also, any chance we'd ever get a synth 480? that would likely be my dream shoe.
Tagging @rothdigga on this one. Personally would prefer a synth 600 over a 480 but will take whatever options we can get

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #8538 on: February 14, 2024, 03:49:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
We didn't do any Skate Shop Day shoes this year.  The shoe we had in mind doesn't arrive until well after so we're just launching those at a later date.  Sorry for the confusion.  But they're bangers...you should see them in April sometime I think.

Gotcha.   Thanks for clearing that up.   I’m just waiting for the next 600 drop then

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8539 on: February 14, 2024, 11:25:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I have a 868 vibe, one can only dream
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8540 on: February 14, 2024, 11:26:35 PM »

Are these the black/gum that were mentioned some posts ago? (5th slide)
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rikki

• Rep: 286
« Reply #8541 on: February 15, 2024, 02:17:40 AM »
Tried FP Gamechangers (5mm) insoles for the first time ever yesterday. Shoe was the 600 (comes with the basic Ortholite insole).

Result: bloody amazing. I mean, NB# shoes are fantastic and most models offer at least adequate protection / shock absorption by default, but my old ass feet really, really enjoyed the added comfort by way of the Gamechangers.

Been thinking they're mostly hype, but based on yesterdays sesh (lotsa curbs / flatbar / flatground) convinced me.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #8542 on: February 15, 2024, 03:52:04 AM »
Tried FP Gamechangers (5mm) insoles for the first time ever yesterday. Shoe was the 600 (comes with the basic Ortholite insole).

Result: bloody amazing. I mean, NB# shoes are fantastic and most models offer at least adequate protection / shock absorption by default, but my old ass feet really, really enjoyed the added comfort by way of the Gamechangers.

Been thinking they're mostly hype, but based on yesterdays sesh (lotsa curbs / flatbar / flatground) convinced me.
Did the same. Not that's something wrong with 600 but the FP upgrade fits the shoe amazingly, specially if you're on the beat up/older side of the spectrum.
With this being said 600 would be absolutely great with an abzorb insole.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #8543 on: February 15, 2024, 04:04:29 AM »

must be yup. They shouldn’t have messed with the N. Just looks like a Z here in that pic.

rikki

« Reply #8544 on: February 15, 2024, 04:33:32 AM »
I don't know, to me the new N looks pretty fab. I wish I didn't have so many NB#'s on ice, I would pull the trigger on the new 440v2 in a jiffy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #8545 on: February 15, 2024, 05:17:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

July for the 440 v2 synth no?
Can I put in a vote for a synth 1010
While we’re at it?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

rothdigga

« Reply #8546 on: February 15, 2024, 09:29:08 AM »

Those are indeed the black/gum 440v2 coming up in April.  Good eye. 

FrenchSkater

• Rep: 28
« Reply #8547 on: February 16, 2024, 03:51:40 AM »
Have any of you replaced the original sole of the 508 ? This shoe is perfect but protects a little less than the basic cupsoles, but it's not the pain with vulcanized ones either ! I would like to know if anyone has already changed this sole for a footprint or something else, how did you do it ?  Did you take off the insole and then put another one on ?  Or simply added an extra sole without removing the original one ?

I remember, my first pair, I took off the sole when I had finished skating them, and I noticed that the glue remains strong so I am afraid of tearing off the soles that I would place in them.. If Does anyone have any advice on how to add shock protection to this shoe, which otherwise is perfect !

rikki

« Reply #8548 on: February 16, 2024, 06:33:22 AM »
Have any of you replaced the original sole of the 508 ? This shoe is perfect but protects a little less than the basic cupsoles, but it's not the pain with vulcanized ones either ! I would like to know if anyone has already changed this sole for a footprint or something else, how did you do it ?  Did you take off the insole and then put another one on ?  Or simply added an extra sole without removing the original one ?

I remember, my first pair, I took off the sole when I had finished skating them, and I noticed that the glue remains strong so I am afraid of tearing off the soles that I would place in them.. If Does anyone have any advice on how to add shock protection to this shoe, which otherwise is perfect !

Remove the stock insole, replace it with e.g. Footprint Gamechangers 5mm insoles or other insole that provides more protection. Simple as that.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #8549 on: February 16, 2024, 11:10:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
must be yup. They shouldn’t have messed with the N. Just looks like a Z here in that pic.

I like the bigger N, looks nice on the Navy/Sea Salt v2 Hi..I don't, however, like the look of the blk/gum shoe with a BLARING WHITE GIANT N...looks cheap.