Author Topic: Josh Kalis trademarks "Wecking Ball"  (Read 22721 times)

WastedHippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Josh Kalis trademarks "Wecking Ball"
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2019, 01:40:08 PM »
I don't want to quote that massive image of the DC shoe but is that a muckmouth logo on the tongue?

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2019, 01:41:55 PM »
I still don't really get how this effects weck? What can he really do with that trademark?

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2019, 01:42:50 PM »
I imagine that Joel's record of prior use will count for something.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:04:43 PM by MarxLenin »

I.C. Weiner

• Rep: -7
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2019, 01:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
It's real, you can look it up on the US government trademark website.

Kinda funny at first but squatting on someone's intellectual property in bad faith isn't actually that cool. Kalis must have really been hurt.
[close]

Intellectual?

intellectual property is someone's creative possession

kalis didn't out weckingball anyone. this is sad. weckingball made his own lane in skating, got a few laughs, and pointed out that a lot of pro skaters never grew up. this is so bitter of kalis

carlomarxxx

• Rep: -26
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2019, 01:54:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Kinda funny at first but squatting on someone's intellectual property in bad faith isn't actually that cool. Kalis must have really been hurt.
[close]

Intellectual?
[close]

kalis didn't out weckingball anyone. this is sad. weckingball made his own lane in skating, got a few laughs, and pointed out that a lot of pro skaters never grew up. this is so bitter of kalis

The only thing sad and bitter here is Joel Morganweck. Failed pro skater that lashed out in impotence at his heroes.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3351
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2019, 01:56:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Intellectual?
[close]

Pot, meet kettle.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2019, 01:58:54 PM »
I don't want to quote that massive image of the DC shoe but is that a muckmouth logo on the tongue?

Collab came out a while ago, I remember seeing hats and whatnot in the front window of a fucking Quiksilver store whilst in Mexico and my trip there was nearly two years ago. Hadn't heard about it before either, was surprised but not shocked honestly. They did a collab with Buttergoods this year. DC's been trying hard to get that good ol' street cred back for a few years now but that occasionally results in cool collabs which means money for the smaller guys involved - hard to front.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2019, 02:01:30 PM »
Weck has to admit that this is a sick/amazing burn on him.
Josh is legend
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2019, 02:02:41 PM »
Definitely backing Kalis on this hilariousness. Weckmate.

Cord Winer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2019, 02:05:39 PM »
This shouldn't matter at all to anyone. Skateboarding drama is wack. Instagram is the fucking devil.

AssFlea

• Rep: -30
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
This is a Rocco move.
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2019, 02:23:01 PM »
I still don't really get how this effects weck? What can he really do with that trademark?

If the trademark is granted, it just means weck can't sell tshirts or skateboards with the word "weckingball"on it. He can have the instagram name. It doesn't really change anything. People have made twitter handles and instagram handles and sold them back to trademark owners.

Here's instagram's trade mark policy:

"What if an account is using my registered trademark as it's username?

Trademark violations may involve using a company or business name, logo or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation.

What is not a violation?

Using another's trademark in a way that has nothing to do with the product or service for which the trademark was granted is not a violation of Instagram's trademark policy. Note that Instagram usernames are provided on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be reserved."

So basically if you have a registered trademark as your Instagram handle first, it's yours just don't pretend you are the actual company. If everyone knows that Kalis owns the weckingball trademark then Weck just being Weck is not a violation.

It's so cold outside and I must be really bored, because I looked into this and I already said I don't care. It's all pretty dumb.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:31:55 PM by Bristol_Palin »

Slim_Moochie

• Rep: -9
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2019, 02:27:32 PM »
Aren’t they cousins?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2019, 02:30:38 PM »
So Kalis hasn't gotten a trademark yet, likely wont, and if he did it wouldnt affect Wecking ball anyway.  And everyone is amped how much of a "sick burn" it is and how they hope Kalis takes legal action angainst Weck. Kalis prolly wasnt that serious anyway but alot o u guys are riding his jock it seems.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2019, 02:36:16 PM »
this reminds me of the legal battle between WWF and vince mcmahon vs ultimate warrior. vince owned 'ultimate warrior' but ultimate warrior legally changed his name to warrior in order to retain the gimmick.
so alls Weck has to do is legally change his name to Weckingball and he'll send kakis's plane into a nosedive for parts unknown.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2019, 02:36:31 PM »

It’s not your intellectual property if you don’t fucking copyright it, it’s a nickname

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2019, 02:37:15 PM »
This is a sick marketing scheme for the inevitable drop of DGK weckingball decks. The joke is Joel's finally gonna be pro, but its for DGK, he gets no royalties, and the graphic is corn and clown emojis.

cuckflip

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2019, 02:39:01 PM »
Moving this one from the other weck thread

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Boy howdy, this is so much more hilarious than anything Weck has ever said or done.
[close]
Is it?
[close]

Yes.
[close]
Elaborate!
[close]

Well, humor is subjective, but it put's the whole thing into perspective. Weckingball starts shit with Stevie Williams/DGK on some petty shit (although kinda funny but mostly sad after the first couple posts), he get's Stevie to bite for a sec but then Kalis/DGK comes in and shows how it's done. Trolls hard by trademarking the dude's nickname he gave to himself, and also points out that weckingball was fucking with people that actually make moves. Not just trolls... AND have put out WAAAAAAAAAY better skating content on just skating alone. Weck loses in the trolling battle and he never stood a chance when it came to actual skating. He'll probably have to either take down all content with the name "weckingball" in it, and/or have to change all of his online handles with it (?). That's if Kalis wants to put in the effort (whatever that really is) to pursue that. I don't know how it will actually play out. But Weck loses  and it's funnier than any of the shit I've ever seen from him imho.
But isn’t it just as petty? Don’t get me wrong I think it is kind of funny that kalis is trying to trademark someone else’s name out of spite.

But for kalis to have a family and life/career outside of skateboarding and go though the effort of fucking with some dude who you all claim is a low level troll takes more effort than it’s really worth imo

And again everyone championing kalis, weck clearly got under his skin for him to do this. So I gotta say, I think weck already won.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2019, 02:43:26 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Boy howdy, this is so much more hilarious than anything Weck has ever said or done.
[close]
Is it?
[close]

Yes.
[close]
Elaborate!
[close]

Well, humor is subjective, but it put's the whole thing into perspective. Weckingball starts shit with Stevie Williams/DGK on some petty shit (although kinda funny but mostly sad after the first couple posts), he get's Stevie to bite for a sec but then Kalis/DGK comes in and shows how it's done. Trolls hard by trademarking the dude's nickname he gave to himself, and also points out that weckingball was fucking with people that actually make moves. Not just trolls... AND have put out WAAAAAAAAAY better skating content on just skating alone. Weck loses in the trolling battle and he never stood a chance when it came to actual skating. He'll probably have to either take down all content with the name "weckingball" in it, and/or have to change all of his online handles with it (?). That's if Kalis wants to put in the effort (whatever that really is) to pursue that. I don't know how it will actually play out. But Weck loses  and it's funnier than any of the shit I've ever seen from him imho.
[close]
But isn’t it just as petty? Don’t get me wrong I think it is kind of funny that kalis is trying to trademark someone else’s name out of spite.

But for kalis to have a family and life/career outside of skateboarding and go though the effort of fucking with some dude who you all claim is a low level troll takes more effort than it’s really worth imo

And again everyone championing kalis, weck clearly got under his skin for him to do this. So I gotta say, I think weck already won.

This is some real dumbass logic here

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2019, 02:44:22 PM »
This is a sick marketing scheme for the inevitable drop of DGK weckingball decks. The joke is Joel's finally gonna be pro, but its for DGK, he gets no royalties, and the graphic is corn and clown emojis.

diss deck > diss track

AssFlea

« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2019, 02:44:37 PM »
I would only buy manny busters shit anyway.

_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

cuckflip

« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2019, 02:52:56 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is it?
[close]

Yes.
[close]
Elaborate!
[close]

[close]

[close]

It’s not

cuckflip

« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2019, 02:58:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is it?
[close]

Yes.
[close]
Elaborate!
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It’s not
[close]
Tis.
Lol it really isn’t.

But let’s hear it, why am I wrong?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 777
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2019, 03:04:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is it?
[close]

Yes.
[close]
Elaborate!
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It’s not
[close]
Tis.
[close]
Lol it really isn’t.

what you see is an angry frustrated kalis going trough all that trouble, neglecting his wife and kids, whereas in reality he just made a call to some dc lawyer or whatever asking to trademark the name, while lounging on the couch at stevie's, laughing the whole time

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2019, 03:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is it?
[close]

Yes.
[close]
Elaborate!
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It’s not
[close]
Tis.
[close]
Lol it really isn’t.

[close]

what you see is an angry frustrated kalis going trough all that trouble, neglecting his wife and kids, whereas in reality he just made a call to some dc lawyer or whatever asking to trademark the name, while lounging on the couch at stevie's, laughing the whole time

and eating funyuns

Windsor Knot

• Rep: -114
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2019, 03:08:48 PM »
Will this achieve anything? Can't you call yourself anything you want on Instagram?

AssFlea

« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2019, 03:10:00 PM »
I wish no one would ever Fuck with Kalis.

I respect the self made game of Weck but Kalis is the fucking best.
Even Ritchie Jackson is in love with Josh.

I believe he said in an interview with the Illusion that his foundation language is Kalis.

Everyone should agree that DGK is worth what it was because Josh was the goat of Tres and switch crooks.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread or in readable I just copped some dabs.

You what's going on with Jereme's talk of something called switch? Or whatever.

I wanna be a lab rat
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3351
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2019, 03:10:38 PM »
This shouldn't matter at all to anyone. Skateboarding drama is wack. Instagram is the fucking devil.

Hello world. I believe that I am the arbiter of all things that should and should not matter to anyone. If you don't follow my suggested subjects of interest and importance, you will receive a swift reprimand.

cuckflip

« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2019, 03:14:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Is it?
[close]

Yes.
[close]
Elaborate!
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It’s not
[close]
Tis.
[close]
Lol it really isn’t.

[close]

No. I see weck fucking around in the internet as usual, and I see kalis going out of his way in his daily routine, to get back at weck. Just proving the point that weck did in fact get to him. And in retaliation kalis was just as petty.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2019, 03:20:31 PM »
Strong move from Kalis