Author Topic: Bianca Chandon  (Read 116052 times)

SodaJerk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Re: Bianca Chandon
« Reply #600 on: July 18, 2014, 11:10:07 AM »
Today's drop makes me wonder if we are actually being fucked with.
Understated branding is the epitome of luxury clothing. Would buy everything there.

S.E.

« Reply #601 on: July 18, 2014, 11:13:18 AM »
looks like the quality of his stuff is slowly getting better and better.  interested to see where it goes

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3370
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #602 on: July 18, 2014, 11:27:36 AM »
Haha, you had doubt before?

Not necessarily...but...that belt...I'm just...I don't...I can't...um...I....uh...ahem....I just....you see,.......I.....um....*cough*.....*coughcough*....hmmm...well, I....uh....

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #603 on: July 18, 2014, 11:48:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Haha, you had doubt before?
[close]

Not necessarily...but...that belt...I'm just...I don't...I can't...um...I....uh...ahem....I just....you see,.......I.....um....*cough*.....*coughcough*....hmmm...well, I....uh....

Yeah. 100%

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #604 on: July 18, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »
I read this first and went to the website and had a real nice laugh.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #605 on: July 18, 2014, 01:00:42 PM »
shit striaght out the ll bean catalog. next thing they gon put my initials on em an shit
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #606 on: July 18, 2014, 01:03:39 PM »
Pocket tee is just barely cool. I want more shit with the brand name on it. Fucking amazing brand name, yet doesn't flaunt it everywhere.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #607 on: July 18, 2014, 07:50:52 PM »
i think you're right because i just bought that belt at Rough Trade last week for $60?.i mean?.what?

BraveUlysses

« Reply #608 on: July 18, 2014, 07:54:17 PM »
Hope the belt sells out so I can lol for a few seconds then continue to live my shit ass life afterwards.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:16:09 PM by BraveUlysses »

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #609 on: July 18, 2014, 07:56:39 PM »
Understated branding is the epitome of luxury clothing.

ughhhh
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Greg Road

« Reply #610 on: July 18, 2014, 08:21:05 PM »
A bit pricey but I'd wear most of what he's putting out - but that's cause I don't want 3/4 of my shirt to made up of my logo or graphic. He knows what he's doing and targeting a specific market.

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #611 on: July 18, 2014, 08:31:06 PM »
Finally a shirt with one small little circle in the upper right corner!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:01:05 AM by fulltechnicalskizzy »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #612 on: July 18, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Understated branding is the epitome of luxury clothing. Would buy everything there.

even the 150 dollar belt?

Steve

• Rep: -2
« Reply #613 on: July 18, 2014, 10:28:27 PM »
I guess I'll just never understand this "streewear" thing. $40 for a shirt that costs $1-3? But it comes in heather grey and navy blue, holy shit, never seen that before.

I also think its interesting, that at least in a few pics, he's using the Isle of Man/ Isle of Man TT logo.

If you're not familiar, its a motorcycle race in Europe, where they pretty much shut down an island and use it as a course, and you can expect a few people to die every year. Click the link if you want to see the craziness and people turn themselves into fireballs and bags of meat.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:36:48 PM by Steve »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #614 on: July 18, 2014, 11:26:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

even the 150 dollar belt?

The belt, from what I can see is possibly the one thing that I don't think warrants it's price as there seems to be nothing unique about it. Pretty sure I could find a similar or identical  one elsewhere. But you never know, I am a sucker for YOLO purchases.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #615 on: July 18, 2014, 11:56:37 PM »
The belt, from what I can see is possibly the one thing that I don't think warrants it's price as there seems to be nothing unique about it. Pretty sure I could find a similar or identical  one elsewhere. But you never know, I am a sucker for YOLO purchases.

You could probably find a black tee elsewhere too.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2014, 12:11:23 AM »
That belt would be cool to hang yourself with.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2014, 12:33:14 AM »
Do you people not realize that the shirts probably fit and feel amazing. I buy blank pocket t's from American Apparel for about $24 and believe me it's worth it. But I don't know...if you're comfortable in thick,ill fitting Pro-Club shirts so be it.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2014, 12:58:56 AM »
Post a fit

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #619 on: July 19, 2014, 01:08:19 AM »
Do you people not realize that the shirts probably fit and feel amazing. I buy blank pocket t's from American Apparel for about $24 and believe me it's worth it. But I don't know...if you're comfortable in thick,ill fitting Pro-Club shirts so be it.
go to fallas or whatever the local cheap clothes spot is and get a three dollar 50 50 poly cotton shirt. Same shit, fabric n fit.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #620 on: July 19, 2014, 02:41:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You won't believe the struggle I have finding comfortable t shirts that fit correctly with minimal to no branding. $40 US still works out cheaper than most options here. Last I checked American Apparel was a similar price here in London and Uniqlo changed their tees and aren't as good anymore.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #621 on: July 19, 2014, 03:21:45 AM »
I buy blank pocket t's from American Apparel for about $24

That's ridiculous.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #622 on: July 19, 2014, 06:54:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
You won't believe the struggle I have finding comfortable t shirts that fit correctly with minimal to no branding. $40 US still works out cheaper than most options here. Last I checked American Apparel was a similar price here in London and Uniqlo changed their tees and aren't as good anymore.

I completely sympathize with that struggle.  And if AO is doing cut-and-sew now I might be interested. But here's the problem: I'm familiar enough with fashion, brand identity, marketing, etc, to understand that people like me--adult skateboarders who are involved in contemporary fashion, design, etc--are definitely a portion of his target market. And yet I look at the last couple drops and think "wow, this stuff fucking sucks", because while using the language of luxury in skateboarding is something new, that in of itself isn't enough to make most of this genuinely interesting. First board, first couple Ts, bowie board homage; all relatively well conceived and well executed. But a lot of this other crap doesn't really amount to much more than the sum of it's references, "obscure" though some may be. Good fashion, art, design, etc tends to function on multiple levels that make it dynamic and fresh. The more he relies on one liners, the flatter the concept as a whole feels and the less I'm interested in his brand.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #623 on: July 19, 2014, 07:12:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The belt, from what I can see is possibly the one thing that I don't think warrants it's price as there seems to be nothing unique about it. Pretty sure I could find a similar or identical  one elsewhere. But you never know, I am a sucker for YOLO purchases.
[close]

[close]
[close]

I completely sympathize with that struggle.  And if AO is doing cut-and-sew now I might be interested. But here's the problem: I'm familiar enough with fashion, brand identity, marketing, etc, to understand that people like me--adult skateboarders who are involved in contemporary fashion, design, etc--are definitely a portion of his target market. And yet I look at the last couple drops and think "wow, this stuff fucking sucks", because while using the language of luxury in skateboarding is something new, that in of itself isn't enough to make most of this genuinely interesting. First board, first couple Ts, bowie board homage; all relatively well conceived and well executed. But a lot of this other crap doesn't really amount to much more than the sum of it's references, "obscure" though some may be. Good fashion, art, design, etc tends to function on multiple levels that make it dynamic and fresh. The more he relies on one liners, the flatter the concept as a whole feels and the less I'm interested in his brand.
I hear you and I agree. To the best of my knowledge these are not cut and sew items but I imagine that he is seeking out a higher standard than your average skate branded clothing. People are quick to complain when Palace releases cut and sew items at what are real world prices but seem excessive in skateboarding but when you know where they're made and the heritage of those makers the price becomes understandable. I'm hoping this is where Alex is heading with Bianca Chandon bu I also recognise that this drop doesn't seem to reference anything coherently other than a "luxury" price. I'm not blindly following but I do like most of it so far and yeah I can fuck with the belt not because I think I need $150's holding my jeans up but because I dig the idea of not having the same belt as everyone else (not that I am rushing out to buy it).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:14:49 AM by SodaJerk »

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #624 on: July 19, 2014, 07:26:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The belt, from what I can see is possibly the one thing that I don't think warrants it's price as there seems to be nothing unique about it. Pretty sure I could find a similar or identical� one elsewhere. But you never know, I am a sucker for YOLO purchases.
[close]

[close]
[close]

I completely sympathize with that struggle.� And if AO is doing cut-and-sew now I might be interested. But here's the problem: I'm familiar enough with fashion, brand identity, marketing, etc, to understand that people like me--adult skateboarders who are involved in contemporary fashion, design, etc--are definitely a portion of his target market. And yet I look at the last couple drops and think "wow, this stuff fucking sucks", because while using the language of luxury in skateboarding is something new, that in of itself isn't enough to make most of this genuinely interesting. First board, first couple Ts, bowie board homage; all relatively well conceived and well executed. But a lot of this other crap doesn't really amount to much more than the sum of it's references, "obscure" though some may be. Good fashion, art, design, etc tends to function on multiple levels that make it dynamic and fresh. The more he relies on one liners, the flatter the concept as a whole feels and the less I'm interested in his brand.

Damn... You went in.

Anyway, if he's doing cut and sew I have a feeling people are gonna buy it no matter what.  3/4 of those people won't skate either.

It trips me out to think this company will be around in a few years. Let alone 5-10..

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #625 on: July 19, 2014, 08:42:35 AM »
so hype on this fucking #cutandsew shit! GODDAMN!!

shark tits

« Reply #626 on: July 19, 2014, 09:39:21 AM »
while masturbating once more for the road. what exactly is 'cut and sew'? like you buy the clothes and hafta assemble them yourself?

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #627 on: July 19, 2014, 10:24:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
while masturbating once more for the road. what exactly is 'cut and sew'? like you buy the clothes and hafta assemble them yourself?
STFU! FOR THE LAST TIME. IT. WAS. NINJAS.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #628 on: July 19, 2014, 10:33:40 AM »

Miyagi

« Reply #629 on: July 19, 2014, 10:47:25 AM »
If AO really wants to push his brand into a really great level (ultra polished) he needs to hire out freelance illustrators and designers whom have a solid vision and timeless look. At least for the boards.

His ideas are strong but I just can't see myself rocking Bianca Chandon gear, it seems that people who are hyped on his clothing are way too into fashion.

Does Dan Drehobl design/illustrate all of the Freedumb Airlines stuff? Drehobl is the man and has brand of clothing that is sick, classic look and killer prices.