Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 717730 times)

Dr-Feelgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6390 on: January 21, 2021, 03:15:31 PM »
Saw my uncle for what I think might be the last time . Stage four lung cancer in the covid unit hooked up to a ventilator. Thankful for the nurse that let me in there for the five short minutes while the hospital was completely empty at 4am. Luckier than most I suppose.

sorry to hear that bro, thats heavy but its good you got to see him one more time just in case something happens.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1411
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6391 on: January 21, 2021, 05:09:12 PM »
Saw my uncle for what I think might be the last time . Stage four lung cancer in the covid unit hooked up to a ventilator. Thankful for the nurse that let me in there for the five short minutes while the hospital was completely empty at 4am. Luckier than most I suppose.

damn, G, that hits hard. I'd give ya a hug if I could. all love
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #6392 on: January 21, 2021, 06:38:14 PM »
got broken up with

fuck it we ball

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #6393 on: January 21, 2021, 08:30:37 PM »
One of the gx guys ran into my partner's car this morning
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

codymacfan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #6394 on: January 21, 2021, 08:57:03 PM »
Stoked that Slap is so entertaining and sometimes useful. Not stoked that they make me think about more than just the width of a board. My mind was much more peaceful before I explored the dimension and wood shop talk.

But I’m exaggerating. I’ll still pick a board on width only and just go with it. Makes life interesting.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #6395 on: January 21, 2021, 09:36:32 PM »
bought a bike off offerup without noticing the headset is loose, so now i gotta fix it before i can ride it

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 652
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6396 on: January 21, 2021, 10:18:36 PM »

That is rough, sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you got to see him.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6397 on: January 22, 2021, 11:43:55 AM »
I haven’t done coke in months and I haven’t smoked weed in a few days cause I got a drug test next week

I was feeling sluggish and I had shit to do and there was a special at seven eleven

I drank two red bulls maybe ten hours ago, almost 40 beers later and I’m still buzzing

I’m stoked my receptors aren’t fucked but I sure would like to start winding down
listen to cosmic psychos

burritobell666

• Rep: 25
  • let's sit and chat
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6398 on: January 22, 2021, 01:05:18 PM »
Remembering my login for this message board. Sup, y'all.

the natural butch reed

• Rep: -4
« Reply #6399 on: January 22, 2021, 03:17:08 PM »
was looking for a job and got offered a job. heaven knows i'm stoked/not stoked now.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6400 on: January 23, 2021, 11:30:22 AM »
I haven’t done coke in months and I haven’t smoked weed in a few days cause I got a drug test next week

I was feeling sluggish and I had shit to do and there was a special at seven eleven

I drank two red bulls maybe ten hours ago, almost 40 beers later and I’m still buzzing

I’m stoked my receptors aren’t fucked but I sure would like to start winding down

homie, I read your posts and I often think "damn, if I was still getting ripped, this kid is like my long lost Australian soul mate." stay real, bro!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6401 on: January 24, 2021, 02:50:21 AM »
Remembering my login for this message board. Sup, y'all.

Dude just get a iPhone, it does all your capitals for you and it logs into your shit so you don’t have to

Haha cheers IusedToSkateMore, it’s gonna be a few years of cause of le virus but I’m fucken coming at some point, haven’t been to states in ages
We’ll get loose mate
listen to cosmic psychos

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #6402 on: January 28, 2021, 02:34:42 AM »
The fact that today is my birthday

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6403 on: January 28, 2021, 03:31:33 AM »

Happy B-day dude! I hope you get more stoked on it as the day goes by.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6404 on: January 28, 2021, 08:18:24 PM »
happy birthday

"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #6405 on: January 28, 2021, 08:25:32 PM »
Awesome have a good birfday son.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #6406 on: January 30, 2021, 04:39:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Happy B-day dude! I hope you get more stoked on it as the day goes by.
Expand Quote
[close]
happy birthday

Expand Quote
[close]
Awesome have a good birfday son.

Ayye thanks y'all

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6407 on: January 31, 2021, 11:49:45 PM »
I'm stoked I moved to Vancouver...

...but, honestly, I'm a bit homesick at this point. I know home won't be as great as it is in my head, but, shit, rolling around the park with people I've known for 15 years sounds pretty good compared to being the weird old dude doing basic ass tricks around a bunch of younger dudes I don't know. Since 2009, I've lived in 10 different cities in four different countries (living = 3 months or longer) and I'm tired of not having strong connections anymore. And, moving around/meeting new people was a bit easier a decade ago (and with a steady partner I didn't really give a shit about meeting new people).

And, I just wonder if I made the right decision. My ticket to Vancouver actually took me all the way to LA and it had a layover in SF. I wonder if I got off at the right stop. Maybe, I should have moved to SF since I have a few close friends in the Bay Area or if I should have moved back to LA.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 12:11:13 AM by TheLurper »

kimura

• Rep: 15
« Reply #6408 on: February 01, 2021, 05:00:22 AM »
Stoked I've been able to skate 5 days in a row but bummed my feet and back are sore AF now.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6409 on: February 01, 2021, 10:57:16 AM »
I'm stoked I moved to Vancouver...

...but, honestly, I'm a bit homesick at this point. I know home won't be as great as it is in my head, but, shit, rolling around the park with people I've known for 15 years sounds pretty good compared to being the weird old dude doing basic ass tricks around a bunch of younger dudes I don't know. Since 2009, I've lived in 10 different cities in four different countries (living = 3 months or longer) and I'm tired of not having strong connections anymore. And, moving around/meeting new people was a bit easier a decade ago (and with a steady partner I didn't really give a shit about meeting new people).

And, I just wonder if I made the right decision. My ticket to Vancouver actually took me all the way to LA and it had a layover in SF. I wonder if I got off at the right stop. Maybe, I should have moved to SF since I have a few close friends in the Bay Area or if I should have moved back to LA.

yeah, man, you've got me beat on physical places, but I was pretty unrooted over the past 10 or so years. For me the difference is that it was more fun and I had a steadier group to kick it with when I didn't have a steady partner because I was always doing whatever I want, which included more traveling, going out, etc. Now, covid aside, we don't really hang out with anyone or go on adventures. It's fucking weird. Not being a wanderer is nice in that I've got a house to live in, a good partner, and a variety of food to choose from but I'm spending more money, gaining weight, and sitting around more.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6410 on: February 09, 2021, 12:26:39 PM »
insulated black out curtains are crucial to keep my poorly insulated, single pane old ass windowed house not totally freezing. They block the light though

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #6411 on: February 10, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »
cum trees are blooming
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #6412 on: February 10, 2021, 07:55:11 PM »
love cum tree season no one can tell that i smell like cum <3

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #6413 on: February 10, 2021, 07:58:08 PM »
it smells like cum in here but i guess it must be the trees

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6414 on: February 14, 2021, 03:09:43 PM »
Moving back to sydney from this small ass country town in a couple of weeks. Stoked to be going back and being closer to beaches, a higher paying better job and convinience of everything but my best buddy lives in the country town im currently in, so kinda sucks leaving that behind

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Skeleton Pudding

• Rep: 11
  • A liver and a frighter
« Reply #6415 on: February 14, 2021, 09:27:26 PM »
Stoked on: Legal weed

Arizona just legalized adult-use marijuana. I'm not a big enough of a weed smoker and was too lazy(and cheap) to get a medical card. The only time I ever really indulge was on vacation in San Francisco and Seattle.

It was so exciting to go to the dispensary and pick up pre-rolls of Tora Bora, Grapefruit Juice, and Gorilla Glue. I laid them out like goddamn Christmas gifts on my coffee table, giddy with anticipation, when I got home.

Not stoked on: Legal weed

In the last three weeks I've smoked more pot than in the entire decade. Having this stuff around makes it too easy, especially to just take a few puffs when I'm bored. I've been taking online coding in classes in Python and have totally slacked off. I thought that a more uplifting strain like Grapefruit juice would make me more productive, instead I just found myself on my couch remembering things from high school that I had completely forgotten about.

So yeah, the novelty has worn off. Time for a bit of moderation again.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #6416 on: February 15, 2021, 09:35:38 AM »
So there was this girl I was talking to a few weeks back, and I went from making out with her all night  this one night to her not talking to me for a week right after that to her eventually telling me she took a greyhound to the Bay Area to reconcile with her ex and be with him in that week we weren’t talking, with a half assed “sorry I didn’t tell ya sooner” as the  exclamation point to end the text.  I guess she had been talking to her ex and in that week she didn’t message me back they were officially mending things up. Probably coulda been hanging out with her last night for Valentine’s Day but got drunk and ate pizza with a couple my homeboys instead, which ended up still being pretty alright. Moral of the story: at least I’ll always have pizza and the homeboys at the end of the day lol

NikkiandGinger

• Rep: -6
« Reply #6417 on: February 15, 2021, 03:06:11 PM »
GG Allin
Every man's death diminishes me.... no man is an island

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
« Reply #6418 on: February 15, 2021, 08:16:33 PM »
just learned about tonsil stones .. looks like a have a few .. can’t figure out how to get them out yet
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6419 on: February 15, 2021, 09:47:41 PM »
This winter weather in the Chicago area has me really depressed, snow storms and below 10 usually. However now without skating I've been putting all my focus into weightlifting and cardio at home, even lost a few pounds already since the beginning of this year.

If I keep this up I can possibly hit my goal weight by summer and skate more comfortably.

I can't help feeling stuck in limbo though with the current state of the world, plus now the weather.