Author Topic: CURRENT WOODSHOP DIRECTORY 2021 + misc deck and board info, help, questions, etc  (Read 207632 times)

Woodshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote

From the Polar Shapes thread, some interesting info re sizes of Polar and Baker B2 decks:

Expand Quote
Polar 8.5 popsicle shape (measured by me): 32x8.5x14.375

Baker 8.5 B2 shape for control/reference (measured by me): 32.25x8.5x14.375

The B2 is always marked 14.5 as is the Polar so this is probably common knowledge but may help someone else.

Things that stand out about this shape are the tapered tail and relatively full nose without being FA/Hockey square, just slightly more round than the B2.
[close]

Heroin 8.5 might also be the same as the Polar boards, as I have one of those, 8.5 x 32 with 14.375 wb.

[close]

I can confirm my 8.5 Toxic Fade Eyes has the same dims

Thanks!

Crazy to think how many spec sheets on certain brand decks are wrong, or something happened along the way and things have changed in the dimensions department.

Any which way, at least it makes it easier for people on here, especially if you cannot go into a shop and check for yourself.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
For you MFG nerds

Wanting to get into the minutia of import genius has publicly available custom records. Search for a brand and you can track down where they get a lot of their products from. For example:
https://www.importgenius.com/importers/the-kayo-corp

and go to shipments, you can see that they get their wheels from a place called abacus. Clicking abacus, will show that they supply wheels to primitive as well as DGK. A lot of old data, but still fascinating

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
For you MFG nerds

Wanting to get into the minutia of import genius has publicly available custom records. Search for a brand and you can track down where they get a lot of their products from. For example:

and go to shipments, you can see that they get their wheels from a place called abacus. Clicking abacus, will show that they supply wheels to primitive as well as DGK. A lot of old data, but still fascinating

Damn, I can see too many hours going to that some time soon...

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 177
Anyone know what woodshop Greco uses for the hammers boards? Recently purchase on for the wall and really interested in the shape/wheel base on it but can’t fathom skating this one as was quite expensive to get shipped to aus. Wondering if I here’s any other company’s with this shaped board in their catalog. Dims in pic and added the board as well

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Anyone know what woodshop Greco uses for the hammers boards? Recently purchase on for the wall and really interested in the shape/wheel base on it but can’t fathom skating this one as was quite expensive to get shipped to aus. Wondering if I here’s any other company’s with this shaped board in their catalog. Dims in pic and added the board as well

BBS = the previous connection to Baker and same single imprint dot between the middle bolts area is almost the giveaway but I do recall someone else getting one and saying it was from BBS woodshop.

The dimensions (apart from the really short 13.75 wheelbase) are pretty much the standard 8.25 boards on most of the companies that use BBS, most usually on between 14.1 to 14.3 but average is about 14.25 wb.

There are lots of options there, from Baker and Deathwish as the closest related boards, to pretty much any across the BBS range / list.

It was on the more mellow side, from what I read from the other post about those decks, so that would usually not be so much companies like FA / Hockey or any of the FULL shaped decks from other brands.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 842
For you MFG nerds

Yeah I posted about this like a year ago somewhere on here (maybe last year's WS thread?) .. There's a whole bunch of these import registry database sites and they all try to entice you to pay for access by offering a few basic records (usually 3)...but they don't all pull from the same source all the time so you can actually build up a decent picture by going through a handful of them.

I did actually pay for temp access (or maybe used a paywall extension to get around it, don't remember exactly) on one of them so I could see who one of the woodshops was shipping to but I didn't make any stunning revelations and it was a pretty boring hunt overall haha

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal

Well it took a while, but the new thread for 2022 is now up and some info already roughly added to the woodshop list on the first page.

Any more info, please add to this thread:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.0

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy

Just in case anyone is wondering, yes that other one is going to replace this thread, but I am not about to lock or shut this one down until the other one is completely up and running with all relevant info.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mon

• Rep: 5
Not sure if anyone can help without a reference picture. I’m sorry I forgot to take a photo
I’ve just set up a board from a local brand here in the Philippines called Agenda, has a pretty good shape. I noticed on the top ply there was a stamp that said Newport MFG and some numbers I think or something along those lines , is anyone familiar with this manufacturer?

Thanks!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1940
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Not sure if anyone can help without a reference picture. I’m sorry I forgot to take a photo
I’ve just set up a board from a local brand here in the Philippines called Agenda, has a pretty good shape. I noticed on the top ply there was a stamp that said Newport MFG and some numbers I think or something along those lines , is anyone familiar with this manufacturer?

Thanks!

Interesting you mentioned Newport MFG, I saw another Pinoy brand with the same top markings. Really steep, stiff but thin feeling decks, a nice combination. Been on the hunt too but no solid leads.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mon

• Rep: 5
The brand has this shape that has a square nose and tail, it’s really nice which has made me really curious.
Cheers

Expand Quote

Thanks!
[close]

Interesting you mentioned Newport MFG, I saw another Pinoy brand with the same top markings. Really steep, stiff but thin feeling decks, a nice combination. Been on the hunt too but no solid leads.