Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 718350 times)

Curbfiend, Gunot and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

rikki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 293
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #6240 on: May 10, 2024, 02:20:08 AM »
Older (maybe, but doubt it) as for sore? No way...Between 7 day 2hr avg gym workouts AND skating everyday (9among hiking/walking and biking) if I can, I'm a straight up mess...takes me half my skate sessions just to warm up these days :(

I hear you, it can take friggin' 30 minutes for me before I dare to try my first ollie in a sesh. Skating everyday? Good on ya. I just can't do it. Two-three consecutive days and I'm a wreck.

Nyjahs sweaty tights

• Rep: -4
« Reply #6241 on: May 10, 2024, 03:36:16 AM »
why are you two trying to have a contest about that shit? weird ass thing to brag about.

"my body hurts moreeee!"

"noo, MY body hurts more!  >:("

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #6242 on: May 10, 2024, 07:10:52 AM »
A while back I had noticed a new set of Formula fours I got felt and looked different than what I was accustomed to, assumed I was fried and carried on.

Fast forward a year or so and I came across
Some classic full 99s that were like new and set them up. Crazy how different they feel vs some kader radial
Fulls I have. Color, the way they wear and slide.
These almost feel like a 98 vs what’s available now. I suppose every batch of wheels would feel slightly different as the variables with mixing things up and how
Many wheels they’re making that day.

Hope they make a classic full again too.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
« Reply #6243 on: May 10, 2024, 07:49:04 AM »
A while back I had noticed a new set of Formula fours I got felt and looked different than what I was accustomed to, assumed I was fried and carried on.

Fast forward a year or so and I came across
Some classic full 99s that were like new and set them up. Crazy how different they feel vs some kader radial
Fulls I have. Color, the way they wear and slide.
These almost feel like a 98 vs what’s available now. I suppose every batch of wheels would feel slightly different as the variables with mixing things up and how
Many wheels they’re making that day.

Great shape/formula collab! One of my fave. Just gave away my last old set :/

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1011
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6244 on: May 10, 2024, 11:56:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Older (maybe, but doubt it) as for sore? No way...Between 7 day 2hr avg gym workouts AND skating everyday (9among hiking/walking and biking) if I can, I'm a straight up mess...takes me half my skate sessions just to warm up these days :(
[close]

I hear you, it can take friggin' 30 minutes for me before I dare to try my first ollie in a sesh. Skating everyday? Good on ya. I just can't do it. Two-three consecutive days and I'm a wreck.

30min, damn, you're fast! I've always had a weird rhythm, even before I was old and broken, takes me forever to warm up (meanwhile people are going all in out of the gate), but I'm also the last one skating and that's usually where I shine, the latter half of the session after everyone is sitting down.

rikki

« Reply #6245 on: May 10, 2024, 12:52:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

30min, damn, you're fast! I've always had a weird rhythm, even before I was old and broken, takes me forever to warm up (meanwhile people are going all in out of the gate), but I'm also the last one skating and that's usually where I shine, the latter half of the session after everyone is sitting down.

Oh yes, the magic hour, it can be special. I guess that's the feeling we're all chasing and it's what keeps us coming back.

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 66
« Reply #6246 on: May 10, 2024, 08:17:05 PM »

This. Again, would be very interested in either classic full or radial slim 93s.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6247 on: May 10, 2024, 09:41:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. Again, would be very interested in either classic full or radial slim 93s.

What sizes do you guys prefer in the Classic Full wheels?

Given that the smaller sizes are not that much wider, but anything over 55 mm is a lot wider, much like the normal Classics are up to 34 - 35 mm wide to 58 and then jump to 37 - 38 mm wide in the 60 mm diameter.

Going back over the Classic Full wheels I have hoarded, mainly 56 and some 58 mm sizes, more so than the 54 mm or other sizes, they are just nice wide but round wheels, so good for everything for me.

In saying that, I have rounded off bigger Conical Full that feel almost the same now as my Classic Full wheels, in the same way I have rounded down Conical wheels to be about the same shape as Radial Slims, at different times, so for anyone missing either and can't get their hands on more, at least those two options are easy enough, if you get your hands on even a small angle grinder and have a go, maybe on some old wheels first, but it does work.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Bongwater Mojito

• Rep: 66
« Reply #6248 on: May 10, 2024, 11:09:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Classic Fulls at 52mm, same as my Classics. I guess part of it is just that the slightly wider profile looks better, probably very little impact on performance...

I don't know if my interest to Radial Slims is just nostalgy. I have very fond memories of that shape. Radial or Conical Full is bit heavy and impacts my kickflips, and I'm too lazy to adapt.

rikki

« Reply #6249 on: Today at 12:52:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Classic Fulls at 52mm, same as my Classics. I guess part of it is just that the slightly wider profile looks better, probably very little impact on performance...

I don't know if my interest to Radial Slims is just nostalgy. I have very fond memories of that shape. Radial or Conical Full is bit heavy and impacts my kickflips, and I'm too lazy to adapt.

Anything full is just too wide.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6250 on: Today at 01:17:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Don't even tell me, for some reason I got lock in full time ago and they're just sitting in my closet waiting to be never skated.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1011
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6251 on: Today at 09:54:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Don't even tell me, for some reason I got lock in full time ago and they're just sitting in my closet waiting to be never skated.

Regular Lock-ins were way too wide for me...but I like skinny (V1/V2/V3) wheels...even classics but the roundness of them lessens that 'look' to some extent. It's crazy to me that OG classics are thinner than regs classic of the same size yet look MASSIVE due to the square shape of them (I can't ride those either).