Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 985182 times)

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3660 on: October 15, 2019, 07:24:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Don’t really know where to put this I couldn’t find a review/thoughts on products thread.

For what it’s worth I’m about 5 sessions in on my  aves and yesterday I noticed they got a hole seemingly out of no where on the inside of the foot where it’s mesh. It’s in my front foot so it can’t be from scooping the board. Suede and sole still holding up. Just wanted see if anyone else had similar issues or maybe it happened from taking a spill.

Still skate and feel great but I thought they had Duracap under the mesh or something but they don’t.
[close]
I don't get how vans has the gall to charge 100 retail and not put duracap under the weakest material of the shoe.

Dude I totally agree. I don’t know how that got past them, every person who’s had those shoes that I have talked to have ripped it in the same spot.
I threw shoe goo on it but I would have been more pissed had I paid full price.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #3661 on: October 15, 2019, 09:32:14 AM »
Daddies had 10 percent off hard goods and i was drunk at 230am so I got a Christmas complete. Good excuse to give my old trucks to some kid.

Thunder titanium raw 148
F4 tablets 53mm (stoked to try this shape)
G3 ishod
Theories deck on sale at tactics

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #3662 on: October 15, 2019, 10:07:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don’t really know where to put this I couldn’t find a review/thoughts on products thread.

For what it’s worth I’m about 5 sessions in on my  aves and yesterday I noticed they got a hole seemingly out of no where on the inside of the foot where it’s mesh. It’s in my front foot so it can’t be from scooping the board. Suede and sole still holding up. Just wanted see if anyone else had similar issues or maybe it happened from taking a spill.

Still skate and feel great but I thought they had Duracap under the mesh or something but they don’t.
[close]
I don't get how vans has the gall to charge 100 retail and not put duracap under the weakest material of the shoe.
[close]

Dude I totally agree. I don’t know how that got past them, every person who’s had those shoes that I have talked to have ripped it in the same spot.

So, you want a piece of rubber under the mesh? How would that work?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3663 on: October 15, 2019, 12:29:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

The same way they fit under the suede or canvas in other vans pros. They have the duracap in that same area on my old skool pros and slip on pros. And if they can't do that, then maybe don't make that area fucking mesh of all materials. 

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #3664 on: October 15, 2019, 03:54:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
The same way they fit under the suede or canvas in other vans pros. They have the duracap in that same area on my old skool pros and slip on pros. And if they can't do that, then maybe don't make that area fucking mesh of all materials.

Maybe i'm saying some dumb shit, but wouldn't you be ruining the purpose of the mesh by blocking the breathability with rubber? Maybe they should use another material. But having skated the first ave pro rapidweld i would prefer some destroyed mesh instead of a sweaty, hot as hell floppy shoe.

What a find

« Reply #3665 on: October 15, 2019, 05:22:15 PM »

lol

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3666 on: October 16, 2019, 08:37:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Maybe i'm saying some dumb shit, but wouldn't you be ruining the purpose of the mesh by blocking the breathability with rubber? Maybe they should use another material. But having skated the first ave pro rapidweld i would prefer some destroyed mesh instead of a sweaty, hot as hell floppy shoe.
Maybe a perforated duracap or mesh in non wear areas thats not at the toe? Either way, this seems like an issue that should have been caught at the sample stage. Their marketing for this shoe is "demand perfection." I'm just demanding perfection before I spend the 100 on the kicks.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3667 on: October 16, 2019, 09:06:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Maybe a perforated duracap or mesh in non wear areas thats not at the toe? Either way, this seems like an issue that should have been caught at the sample stage. Their marketing for this shoe is "demand perfection." I'm just demanding perfection before I spend the 100 on the kicks.

Vans was marketing as “unrivaled durability” and I thought I saw a vans slogan of something like most durable shoe. I def thought duracap was under mesh. That’s on me for assuming but just wanna say if you’re thinking about grabbing them get them on sale.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3668 on: October 16, 2019, 09:37:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Vans was marketing as “unrivaled durability” and I thought I saw a vans slogan of something like most durable shoe. I def thought duracap was under mesh. That’s on me for assuming but just wanna say if you’re thinking about grabbing them get them on sale.
Honestly, I'm in the market for a vans cupsole but I might just go ahead and get the Berle's instead. Probably on sale if I can.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3669 on: October 16, 2019, 10:04:12 AM »

I felt like trying this out. I'll let you know how it holds up in about 9 years, because that's how long I've had my unit tool.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #3670 on: October 16, 2019, 11:53:06 AM »

I felt like trying this out. I'll let you know how it holds up in about 9 years, because that's how long I've had my unit tool.

Made the same switch - for someone who likes to tinker, the ratchet part of this tool is a game changer.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #3671 on: October 16, 2019, 12:07:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Made the same switch - for someone who likes to tinker, the ratchet part of this tool is a game changer.

Does it work on venture?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #3672 on: October 16, 2019, 04:31:19 PM »
Yes. It really is the best tool.

bucketoftruth

• Rep: 12
« Reply #3673 on: October 17, 2019, 09:00:16 AM »
Woke up early and got lucky

Birthday board:

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #3674 on: October 17, 2019, 10:06:02 AM »
Contemplating buying another one already, but trying hard to wait for the first one to deliver to make sure I like the shape.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3675 on: October 17, 2019, 10:22:35 AM »
Woke up early and got lucky

So nice. hand sprayed, what 100 pairs? Cool box too

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #3676 on: October 17, 2019, 10:56:41 AM »
I got some tensor mag lights. Besides the obvious lightness, I can say they actually turn ok. In comparison I had Destructo d2s before and the tensors have been able to turn about the same without having to be as loose. This is with stock bushings vs the destructos which had Indy aftermarket bushings. Grinds feel good just like the destructos.

Been pleasantly surprised with the new tensors, moved from aces and I prefer the tensors which I never thought would happen.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #3677 on: October 17, 2019, 11:22:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Does it work on venture?

I’m not seeing the image but between ‘ratchet’ and your question about venture I’m guessing this is the silver tool? Yes. Very well. Essential.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3678 on: October 17, 2019, 11:27:32 AM »
Contemplating buying another one already, but trying hard to wait for the first one to deliver to make sure I like the shape.

I bet if you order another and end up not liking the shape you can sell it here and make your money back

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3679 on: October 17, 2019, 11:28:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Does it work on venture?
[close]

I’m not seeing the image but between ‘ratchet’ and your question about venture I’m guessing this is the silver tool? Yes. Very well. Essential.

Not seeing a photo either but that silver tool is CLUTCH

weedgod94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3680 on: October 17, 2019, 12:16:33 PM »
Indy 149 hollows. Perfect trucks for me unless the kick is too fat and steep.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #3681 on: October 17, 2019, 03:47:26 PM »

The only thing that sucks about ordering online on the weekend is it feels like it takes forever for shit to come in the mail.
As an addendum to this, don't buy anything from thedrop.com as they have a skate selection.  Ordered it this weekend from them and they cancelled my order two days later, citing an "inventory miscalculation."  They dragged their heels on the refund but thankfully Skate Warehouse held me down.  Unfortunately my dumb ass forgot to get the free Black Magic grippe that came to it (I am an old) but at least the big boy is on its way.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #3682 on: October 18, 2019, 05:24:36 PM »
I bought a hat and long sleeve from DOA’s fall drop. Will get a board when he gets them in too.

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #3683 on: October 18, 2019, 06:11:25 PM »
Holy fuck. Gonz has officially jumped the shark on releasing the cringiest of "graphics".

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3684 on: October 18, 2019, 06:48:41 PM »
My big boy is in the mail, hoping it will be purple stain. Oh boy, Chico’s shape on DLX wood is going to be epic. Limited AF but I doubt I’ll wall hang it

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #3685 on: October 19, 2019, 10:16:03 AM »
My big boy is in the mail, hoping it will be purple stain. Oh boy, Chico’s shape on DLX wood is going to be epic. Limited AF but I doubt I’ll wall hang it

Damn, I was kinda hoping his guest board was gonna be the 8.75. Much preferable for me, and it seemed like he rode that one more often anyways.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #3686 on: October 19, 2019, 11:58:48 AM »

Got a few pairs of cubas before they're all gone cause they're so cheap. Having the elastic covered so it can't rip like other slip ons is the best shit.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3687 on: October 19, 2019, 12:53:44 PM »
Any place still have the big chico?
No.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3688 on: October 19, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, I was kinda hoping his guest board was gonna be the 8.75. Much preferable for me, and it seemed like he rode that one more often anyways.
it seems like it’s a mix between the. 8.75 and the 9.25 no? It should taper a lot but I’m tad worried on whether or not I can run it with ace 44s

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #3689 on: October 20, 2019, 08:55:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
it seems like it’s a mix between the. 8.75 and the 9.25 no? It should taper a lot but I’m tad worried on whether or not I can run it with ace 44s

The OG Big Boy is 9", and was perfect with 8.5" trucks, so Ace 44 should be fine especially if you push the wheels out. I stopped riding the Big Boy Jr. when they stopped making it, super bummed on Chico and Chocolate after that. Why get everyone hyped on a shape then quit making it?