Author Topic: The house you want  (Read 1888 times)

backinaction

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
The house you want
« on: May 20, 2022, 06:06:04 AM »

"Separating the units is a pro-style indoor skate bowl, add a few bean bags to make it a funhouse. Head outdoors to find a private ski hill, mountain bike run, and pump track. A covered Trex deck and bridge lead you to a wired hot tub pad overlooking the landscaped fire pit. 20 minutes to the Bavarian town of Leavenworth & Stevens pass, a quiet road you to local restaurants and Lake Wenatchee is up the street. What's missing?"

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/16871-Lupine-Dr-Leavenworth-WA-98826/2063245613_zpid/

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: The house you want
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 06:14:10 AM »
ummm the only house i want is the one from the angry beavers ty

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 06:15:54 AM »
sweet bowl, but where's the shooting range?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 06:20:42 AM »
Oh wow, IIRC, Leavenworth WA is also a strange but awesome little Bavarian style town in the mountains near Steven’s Pass.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -215
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 06:24:43 AM »
Leavenworth is a tourist trap in the middle of nowhere. It’d be all loud in your house. Plus, you’d have to kick stragglers out all the time. No thanks.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 642
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 06:25:48 AM »
Gotta dig a fishing pond first and use the excess dirt to build up a backstop.

Get hungry on it!

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2022, 06:27:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Gotta dig a fishing pond first and use the excess dirt to build up a backstop.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2022, 06:34:33 AM »
Leavenworth is a tourist trap in the middle of nowhere. It’d be all loud in your house. Plus, you’d have to kick stragglers out all the time. No thanks.

It’s true. You’d have to deal with past-self 20 year old me, drunk as shit, stinking of sauerkraut, passed out in the bowl. It’s not worth it.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2022, 06:37:52 AM »
anybody here with an actual bowl like this know how much of a pain in the ass they are to upkeep?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2022, 06:39:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s true. You’d have to deal with past-self 20 year old me, drunk as shit, stinking of sauerkraut, passed out in the bowl. It’s not worth it.

Right? And you’d have bowl trolls tryna #2 in your bathroom. Lowcard stickers and cans of Milwaukee’s Best popping up in random places.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 06:55:20 AM by PatrickSkateman »

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2022, 06:55:54 AM »
is the house vacated right now? does the listing say?

it’s about to be my house 8)

Looks like it's it was an Air BNB

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/30201950?source_impression_id=p3_1653052928_E0jIZVQ5br1zqkad

QixHexagon

• Rep: 29
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2022, 07:02:18 AM »
the house that heaven built

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2022, 07:07:22 AM »
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 07:15:51 AM by PatrickSkateman »

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2022, 07:09:48 AM »
lol i was thinking about this film

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2022, 08:18:12 AM »
How goes it Deputy? Wish my work would let me make a shooting range lol. I have one close by but the difference in shooting by yourself in the open and at a range is huge in terms of fun.

I have a house from my employer, its one bedroom and an open floor plan. There is a loft that has a wooden ladder you climb to get into it and that thing has crank windows you can open in two directions for wildlife viewing. I'm about to do two things to the loft.
1. I am about to get a cat so I have company on more than just weekends, I'm going to run some cardboard or fabric up the ladder so he can run up there, he will have a bed or hammock somewhere up there.
2. I'm gonna move my computer up there, get a telescope, a CB radio setup, a mini tv, some posters and decorate it kind of like a an old ranger station look. But it will be dark and have some lights in the right spot to give it a kind of Friday the 13th vibe.

OMSK

• Rep: 39
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2022, 08:39:09 AM »
anybody here with an actual bowl like this know how much of a pain in the ass they are to upkeep?

Depends on how well the bowl was built at the beginning. Did they use the proper wood for templates, did they space the 2 x 4s at the correct spacing, how's the coping set.... (things I would look at if I am buying that house with the bowl as a selling feature). Looks like they used masonite which wears out quick if the under-layers aren't supported properly. Masonite is also super dusty which would require frequent cleaning of the space (if one is worried about cleanliness).

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2022, 09:00:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
How goes it Deputy? Wish my work would let me make a shooting range lol. I have one close by but the difference in shooting by yourself in the open and at a range is huge in terms of fun.

I have a house from my employer, its one bedroom and an open floor plan. There is a loft that has a wooden ladder you climb to get into it and that thing has crank windows you can open in two directions for wildlife viewing. I'm about to do two things to the loft.
1. I am about to get a cat so I have company on more than just weekends, I'm going to run some cardboard or fabric up the ladder so he can run up there, he will have a bed or hammock somewhere up there.
2. I'm gonna move my computer up there, get a telescope, a CB radio setup, a mini tv, some posters and decorate it kind of like a an old ranger station look. But it will be dark and have some lights in the right spot to give it a kind of Friday the 13th vibe.

cheers 50, everything here sounds absolutely splendid. i've been looking at 10 to 20 acre lots of "recreational" land here in Michigan, exactly for getting the fuck out of dodge regularly on, which will include pouring a little concrete on, setting up a humble range to do some plinking on (i really am over indoor ranges), and eventually building something to dwell in on...

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2022, 09:32:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

cheers 50, everything here sounds absolutely splendid. i've been looking at 10 to 20 acre lots of "recreational" land here in Michigan, exactly for getting the fuck out of dodge regularly on, which will include pouring a little concrete on, setting up a humble range to do some plinking on (i really am over indoor ranges), and eventually building something to dwell in on...
I think I'll be out here a couple more years. We have done a lot of expansion up north, and now into Oregon so I'm gonna try to get out of the desert myself and transfer up there possibly in the future. Who knows. I just think its gonna get too hot eventually.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2022, 10:00:51 AM »
That's rad but honestly there a 90% chance that whole complex burns down in the next 5-10 years. The eastern Cascades seem to be in a permanent drought thanks to climate change and the fire season keeps getting longer and more brutal.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 807
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2022, 10:04:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That song still is great. Now it's stuck in my head.

Why does that house look like a workshop/barn on the outside?

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
    • swarm life avatar image
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2022, 10:04:57 AM »
that is a cool spot. stevens pass is a fun resort, especially the night riding.

if i wasn't also into surfing and street skateboarding, it'd be a great escape
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 11:31:23 AM by tkp »

lilboosie

• Rep: 227
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2022, 10:10:19 AM »
if i was secluded id want a glass outhouse.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2022, 10:13:39 AM »
Some friends and I stayed here one time when it was an Air bnb. It’s a good 30 minutes from town at least with no neighbors. You are quite literally alone out there. The living area itself is cozy and has a nice kitchen. Pretty fun time. Weird seeing a Slap thread about it lol

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2022, 10:13:58 AM »
That's rad but honestly there a 90% chance that whole complex burns down in the next 5-10 years. The eastern Cascades seem to be in a permanent drought thanks to climate change and the fire season keeps getting longer and more brutal.
I'd try to go northwest because I think my Organization is going to keep expanding preserves/reserves. But yeah its a few years away and all that is something I will be watching. Ill at least have some first hand ideas of what the future looks like from the science heavy guys we also staff that aren't just grunts like me.

If it got to the extreme I think I'd try to do a different job within my organization that would allow me more flexibility in where I live. We are about to start doing video production. The manager of our area is an amazing photographer, and has worked on a lot of professional video production stuff. He's been wanting to get a video production thing going consistently for a while and one day I saw all this gear when I visited his location and we got talking. Even though he has professional experience I have a really good mind for video production. I used to make and edit stuff every single day just for fun, I was uploading online before youtube, reading skate perception every day. So when we spoke two days ago he brought up video production and how me and him are going to get cracking on it. We talked for about 15 minutes and he was trying to break down philosophy or some of the nuance to doing a video project, I cut in and started extrapolating on that and adding more things we would need to take into consideration and he seemed really motivated from that because he realized I understood this to a pretty granular level.

Long story just to say, if the climate is too fucked to want to live on site and work in the field, maybe we will have video production ramped up enough to the point I can slide into that when I feel the manual labor is now too hard on my body. I love the organization I work for, and they have done some really nice things to help me out, including lending me money to get my car repaired. They are the real deal and something that is hard to find in an employer so I want to find a way to stick around.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2022, 10:22:15 AM »
Oh wow, IIRC, Leavenworth WA is also a strange but awesome little Bavarian style town in the mountains near Steven’s Pass.

Really fun little park in Leavenworth and the Evergreen park nearby in Cashmere is all right too.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2022, 10:28:45 AM »
My mom just texted this to me.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2022, 10:35:01 AM »
My mom just texted this to me.

My coworker texted to to me yesterday lol.

Seems like it used to belong to a pro bmxer

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2022, 10:35:20 AM »
Ah shit, I’m just short of $728k to afford that.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2022, 10:43:00 AM »

Truth.  I'm in Bend and for most of the last 6 years we have had super bad smoke almost the entirety of August. 

I moved here in '99 and between 99-15 there were a handful of days that the AQI was even into the 200s.   In the last few years we have had it in the 500s, which often is the worst in the world for that day.   

Fucking fires.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2022, 11:32:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Truth.  I'm in Bend and for most of the last 6 years we have had super bad smoke almost the entirety of August. 

I moved here in '99 and between 99-15 there were a handful of days that the AQI was even into the 200s.   In the last few years we have had it in the 500s, which often is the worst in the world for that day.   

Fucking fires.

I was born and raised in Maple Valley and then spent 8 years living in Seattle. Its insane how much things have changed especially with the fires/smoke. I miss parts of the PNW but I dont miss that.