Author Topic: Sour Solution III is now live  (Read 19059 times)

sfa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Sour Solution III is now live
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2022, 06:24:39 AM »
TOM SNAPE!!!!
I need a coffee

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2022, 06:42:09 AM »
Does anyone know the song from Martin Sandberg's part?

You already got the song but here is some extra info: in the 60’s there was a filmer in Sweden who made a documentary about two teenagers in Stockholm (dom kallar oss mods) - he did a follow up ten years later and then another one in the eighties following their kids.

They did a lot of alcohol and drugs, and one of the guys dies in the second movie from a heroin overdose. The other guy even though he was a raging alcoholic became famous from the movie, and he released a few songs.

Martin’s song is a cover of one of his songs. It’s also the walking out anthem for one of Stockholm prominent football teams (I’m gonna assume it’s his favorite team, I’ll ask next time I run into him or Björn). The song is also somewhat an anthem for people living on the outskirts of society.

Original:

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2022, 06:50:42 AM »

IpathCats

« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2022, 07:16:12 AM »

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2022, 11:12:00 AM »
Legendary video series, legendary team

disintegration

• Rep: -115
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2022, 01:46:46 PM »
I also found it a bit underwhelming first time watching it but I think thats just because they are all so good.

Tom Snape is not getting enough mentions. He has the best trick selection and might have my favourite frontside flip. He makes the hardest shit look way too easy.

Yea, Gustav has to be the most talented skater on earth, it always amazes that he doesn't get mentioned more on the Bunt's 'most talented skater on planet earth' in their rapid fires. Got to be him or Bob Burnquist lol.

And no Barneys fits are not cute.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2022, 04:46:41 PM »

And no Barneys fits are not cute.

I couldn't stomach the previous footage-ruining energy drink hat,  and now I genuinely think he looks great, especially the free-flowing locks, bit of an AVE vibe. Hats off to Barney!

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2022, 06:59:16 PM »
Tom Snape made that Universitat grate look small somehow, switch 360 flip is so fucked as is the switch heel across the ledge gap. Barney’s part really stood out as well, PiL song worked perfect. Is Oscar Candon injured? Was hoping for a full part, his clips were sick though.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 06:46:39 AM by Tarquin »

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2022, 07:18:43 PM »
yes oscar has been injured

Does sour usually do a raw clips type thing? I hope there's another angle of gustavs fakie nosegrind revert on that downledge next to a wall. His head, shoulders to his hips, legs are so fucked. Never seen it done like that.

yes search "the sour files" for an absolute ton of raw footage from the first videos

SpruceCone

• Rep: -1
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2022, 12:18:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You already got the song but here is some extra info: in the 60’s there was a filmer in Sweden who made a documentary about two teenagers in Stockholm (dom kallar oss mods) - he did a follow up ten years later and then another one in the eighties following their kids.

They did a lot of alcohol and drugs, and one of the guys dies in the second movie from a heroin overdose. The other guy even though he was a raging alcoholic became famous from the movie, and he released a few songs.

Martin’s song is a cover of one of his songs. It’s also the walking out anthem for one of Stockholm prominent football teams (I’m gonna assume it’s his favorite team, I’ll ask next time I run into him or Björn). The song is also somewhat an anthem for people living on the outskirts of society.

Original:

Oh fuck yeah. Thanks for the insight. The original was featured in the new Netflix show about Clark Olofsson that I just finished. Woudnt have been able to put these pieces together without your background information.
Great song. Tho I deffinetly prefer the original.

Tom Snape had the best part by miles.
Alltrough song had a bit outdated feel.. not in a classic way. 

QixHexagon

• Rep: 29
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2022, 04:22:21 AM »
I've been having the worst two days of my life this week, where my life will be permanently changed for worse, contemplating suicide hourly and sleeping 2~3 hours per night.

Watched this yesterday and finally had some temporary relief where I forgot about all my problems. I enjoyed every second of this, everyone was a standout, even the dudes with less clips. Everyone already mentioned lots of guys, so I'll mention Albert Nyberg.

Thank you, Sour Solution team. I hope the orthopedics gods protect you guys from any injuries and that you can film many more videos to come.

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2022, 09:52:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Original:

[close]

Oh fuck yeah. Thanks for the insight. The original was featured in the new Netflix show about Clark Olofsson that I just finished. Woudnt have been able to put these pieces together without your background information.

You should watch the doc, probably enjoy it. Subs seems to work fine.

As for Clark, my stepdad was very much like the guys in the doc - and he hung out from time to time with Clark growing up, so meet him a few times as a kid.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 12:55:22 PM by Mr.Jenkins »

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2022, 11:02:00 AM »
I've been having the worst two days of my life this week, where my life will be permanently changed for worse, contemplating suicide hourly and sleeping 2~3 hours per night.

Watched this yesterday and finally had some temporary relief where I forgot about all my problems. I enjoyed every second of this, everyone was a standout, even the dudes with less clips. Everyone already mentioned lots of guys, so I'll mention Albert Nyberg.

Thank you, Sour Solution team. I hope the orthopedics gods protect you guys from any injuries and that you can film many more videos to come.

I really hope your life will change back for the better again!

There are so many wtf moments in this it is hard to recapitulate. Also everyone rips so hard, instant classic.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2022, 06:47:27 PM »
Tom POLO Snape!!

I’ve been waiting for this part and he delivered big time. Shelltoe’s and Levi’s. Dude is fucked up good. Going Pro really fired him up. 

He would have fit perfectly on MENACE back in the day.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2022, 01:45:16 AM »
Fucking hell. Video of the year so far.
Everyone killed it.
Such a feel good video.
I’ll buy more of their stuff when I get paid.

Gustav Tunasin is god.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2022, 11:37:13 AM »
i must admit this was the first sour video I have watched. wow, i have been slackin

best video i've seen all year, unique skating and the soundtrack was perfect. killed it

Paperclip20

• Rep: 137
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2022, 11:44:24 AM »
i must admit this was the first sour video I have watched. wow, i have been slackin

best video i've seen all year, unique skating and the soundtrack was perfect. killed it

Definitely check Sour solution 2 as well. Legendary vid.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2022, 11:38:00 PM »

I’m honestly jealous that you get to watch Sour Solution ll for the first time
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2022, 05:30:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m honestly jealous that you get to watch Sour Solution ll for the first time
same

Hobochilli

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2022, 11:10:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Original:

[close]

[close]

You should watch the doc, probably enjoy it. Subs seems to work fine.

As for Clark, my stepdad was very much like the guys in the doc - and he hung out from time to time with Clark growing up, so meet him a few times as a kid.
Shit, have to ask you about this next time i see you.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2022, 01:10:37 PM »
Bump. Nisse has not gotten enough love.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2022, 05:42:49 PM »

of the back of ssiii i've rewatched the entire sour videography, and when you sit through it all like that nisse really stands out. not always *quite* as memorable as gustav or simon, but an absolute footage machine of the highest quality.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2022, 05:56:37 PM »

Dang dude. Hope you find a good place mentally. Stuff sounds fucked.  So much good out there Carey all of it yourself.  Find someone : anyone to chill with.   

Whatever is taking you there likely isn’t good.  One thing is for sure, they ain’t Gustav.

Go get a fresh set up and go skate.  That’s it. Don’t make it harder than it is.  If you can’t afford it it get your old deck out and skate that.  Again life is a lot simpler than we make it.  Hope the best. 

Watch Gustav. 
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 56
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2022, 03:45:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

of the back of ssiii i've rewatched the entire sour videography, and when you sit through it all like that nisse really stands out. not always *quite* as memorable as gustav or simon, but an absolute footage machine of the highest quality.

Agree. His body of work in and outside the sour videos is impressive and ages really well

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 442
« Reply #144 on: June 21, 2022, 05:22:11 AM »
Hard bump. How is this thread just 5 pages, c'mon slap

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2022, 05:37:40 AM »
SOUR is the SHIT!

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 112
« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2022, 12:36:54 PM »
still video of the year, last waltz version of i shall be released has been in my head ever since this came out. wish i could skate with half the casual-ness of vincent

QixHexagon

• Rep: 29
« Reply #147 on: June 21, 2022, 01:07:06 PM »
still video of the year, last waltz version of i shall be released has been in my head ever since this came out. wish i could skate with half the casual-ness of vincent

Song has been cathartic in my mind these last weeks

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2022, 01:26:13 AM »
If I posted in this thread every time we watched this video at work it would be 10 pages long by now

Lucky_Basek

• Rep: 56
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2022, 05:23:22 AM »
Hard bump. How is this thread just 5 pages, c'mon slap

Agreed, I've been watching three times a week for the last month.

I recommend intensive repeat viewing.

Also, that closing shot of Simon feeding the reindeer looks like an ad for a fragrance.