Author Topic: Skateboarding is the most "diverse" and becoming "inclusive" activity on earth!  (Read 3513 times)

I-HATE-YOU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
Skateboarding has always been "diverse". Look back to late 80s and early 90s videos. Every team had non white people on it.

There is even people with no legs skating in contests! Talk about "inclusive". There was even professional females in the 90s.

Get over your fake outrage. When supply does not meet your demand, you need to create your own supply!

Bitches.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Who is outraged? Looks like you. Sorry nazi boy lost his paycheck, but with time you’ll learn to enjoy life again
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
Well, that's a good thing let's spread the positivity

artskool

• Rep: 31
You can't fake being good at skating, and pretty much anybody who rips has always gotten a pass. I'd venture that skateboarding has the most racial diversity at the pro level of any "sport" in America. I'd add to that economic and even geographic diversity. Skateboards are cheap, no matter how much skaters bitch about the price. Most everybody has had do move to Cali to make it in the media world, but amazing skaters have come from practically every corner of this fucked up country.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
So,you're mad that skateboarding is too "diverse" and "inclusive"? If that's the case, then you can kick rocks.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Yeah it's pretty rad

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Skateboarding has always been "diverse". Look back to late 80s and early 90s videos. Every team had non white people on it.

There is even people with no legs skating in contests! Talk about "inclusive". There was even professional females in the 90s.

Get over your fake outrage. When supply does not meet your demand, you need to create your own supply!

Bitches.

you are so

right now. what a poosey.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
So,you're mad that skateboarding is too "diverse" and "inclusive"? If that's the case, then you can kick rocks.

i think his argument is that no one in skating can be a bigot, since such a diverse group of people skate? 

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -65
There was even professional females in the 90s.

No fucking way, bruh!
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

bo golden

Bitches.

^^^^When JJ 2 Hatz and Patlanta create a joint SLAP account^^^^

*edited
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:11:39 AM by bogolden »

Eds_gallerist

Bitches.

If you sign your little "letter" like this I am inclined to believe that this might be your name. So, please go on and focus your account Bitches.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 468
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
Bummer. I thought for a second we might have an actual conversation about diversity and inclusivity in skateboarding (of which we are way behind, in my opinion), and all we get is some damn fool with an fresh account he signed up for two weeks ago inciting sassy comebacks.

There should be some time or posts prerequisite before a Newbie can start a topic.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
questioning being the bitches of a select few actors of an industry that to this day still print ads promoting "diversity" and "inclusion" as totally embodied by the exemplary Highway Murderers in magazines mostly read by kids definitely makes us bitches, yes. we've got it all wrong, PALS; let's all turn our backs to modernity and progress in order to irresponsibly consume, surrender our loot to fossils of companies that really need to keep milking skateboarding so bad, and worship I-HATE-YOU's almighty word (apparently consisting in recycling real values into "commercial" "gimmicks") instead.

I-HATE-YOU

Bummer. I thought for a second we might have an actual conversation about diversity and inclusivity in skateboarding (of which we are way behind, in my opinion), and all we get is some damn fool with an fresh account he signed up for two weeks ago inciting sassy comebacks.

There should be some time or posts prerequisite before a Newbie can start a topic.

So instead of starting a "actual conversation about diversity and inclusivity in skateboarding " you do the opposite. Tell me how I am wrong, explain to me how what I said is not accurate.

So starting a new account is the same as your day of birth? In your mind, my freedom of speech should be oppressed because I do not say what you think I should? That's a pretty hypocritical statement.You claim to want "diversity" but all opinions should be the same? If I dare think differential I need to be shut down? Classic!

I-HATE-YOU

How did you possible come to that conclusion? That statement was to contrast all of the recent posts about nazis, racism and white supremacy stuff.

I-HATE-YOU

Expand Quote
[close]

i think his argument is that no one in skating can be a bigot, since such a diverse group of people skate?

I would not go that far. There is bigotry, racism, group think and tribalism everywhere. I am just saying that skateboarding has been accepting of people from all walks of life from pretty much the beginning.

I-HATE-YOU

questioning being the bitches of a select few actors of an industry that to this day still print ads promoting "diversity" and "inclusion" as totally embodied by the exemplary Highway Murderers in magazines mostly read by kids definitely makes us bitches, yes. we've got it all wrong, PALS; let's all turn our backs to modernity and progress in order to irresponsibly consume, surrender our loot to fossils of companies that really need to keep milking skateboarding so bad, and worship I-HATE-YOU's almighty word (apparently consisting in recycling real values into "commercial" "gimmicks") instead.

What are you even talking about? You are making arguments for words I did not even say. Do you need to virtue signal that bad? 

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
You are very unclear in your argument. Please provide us with some sources which inform your opinion. Preferably some Reddit or YT links. *tips fedora*
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3342
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
It's funny how bummed people are that Jason Jesse's calculatedly offensive gear was, indeed, offensive.

I-HATE-YOU

You are very unclear in your argument. Please provide us with some sources which inform your opinion. Preferably some Reddit or YT links. *tips fedora*

I would say its more of a statement to contrast the recent influx of the (insert buzz words) posts.

Hopefully you tipped your fedora into the trash.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
This thread reminds me of a video Vice did on the new Wolfenstein game some months back. When they released a trailer for it, a bunch of people came out of the woodwork saying they were disappointed in the developer for "getting political" and were boycotting the game. Hilariously, the only political statement the game was making was that Nazis are bad (given that the premise of the game is to kill Nazis). There's literally no way to be offended by the game unless you like Nazis, and yet somehow people managed to get offended by it.

I-HATE-YOU

It's funny how bummed people are that Jason Jesse's calculatedly offensive gear was, indeed, offensive.

I am not familiar with the offensive gear, but sounds like its having its intended effect. We are in an outrage culture
where people look for reasons to be outraged, offended, victimized and if lucky can claim all of the above. All while thinking it will make them look "woke". My favorite is when they claim to be "inclusive, anti bigotry, hate" blah blah blah....but will wish death upon anyone with a different opinion.

I-HATE-YOU

This thread reminds me of a video Vice did on the new Wolfenstein game some months back. When they released a trailer for it, a bunch of people came out of the woodwork saying they were disappointed in the developer for "getting political" and were boycotting the game. Hilariously, the only political statement the game was making was that Nazis are bad (given that the premise of the game is to kill Nazis). There's literally no way to be offended by the game unless you like Nazis, and yet somehow people managed to get offended by it.

Sounds like an interesting video.

So me pointing out how skateboarding has been accepting and inclusive equals me being a nazi?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
I am not familiar with the offensive gear

This is good trolling. Refer to the reactions, yet feign ignorance when confronted with the cause for reaction. Nice!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

shark tits

peggy oku and shogo kubo.
jesse the mess martinez.
gonz.
tommy gorilla on the hills of sf.
a lot of the first and second wave heros were minorities.
chocolate and world made me think california was a melting pot [which it kinda is compared to east coast when i grew up].
skating has been really inclusive except for tim von werne getting kicked of birdhouse for putting from the rough.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
Expand Quote
[close]

Sounds like an interesting video.

So me pointing out how skateboarding has been accepting and inclusive equals me being a nazi?
This is good trolling.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26

They had also been making Wolfenstein games for 20+ years, all about killing Nazi's, no one gave a shit because Nazi's are the default bad guy, but since the rise of the alt right and the mobilization of gamers as a political bloc.

There's currently a big curfuffle about the new battlefield game letting you play as a woman, which is not realistic. Not a peep about the armored horses or the ability to sit on the wings of fighter planes from the last battlefield game.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Why did you make two threads about this topic? Are you not sponsored yet?.. everyone and their baby is getting sponsored. I ride for Walgreens now but was hoping to get on Rite Aid instead, was talking to the manager there and trying to show him my Instagram but he keeps running away from me. Any advice slap pals?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125

^^^^When JJ 2 Hatz and Patlanta create a joint SLAP account^^^^

*edited

When their mixtape dropping?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

MadPanda

• Rep: -5
  • "Don't give up on your dream. Keep sleeping."
Skateboarding really does help individuals and changes them for the better. Changes in one's self is the only effective way to making the world better.