Author Topic: Fast Food  (Read 7278 times)

Mr. Pickles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 39
Re: Fast Food
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2023, 04:11:30 PM »
Do you guys fuck with Sonic? I had never had a burger from there despite living near one, until today. I thought it was great; old school walk up burger spot kind of double cheeseburger.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1067
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2023, 05:59:18 PM »
Do you guys fuck with Sonic? I had never had a burger from there despite living near one, until today. I thought it was great; old school walk up burger spot kind of double cheeseburger.

Sonic burgers are nice. Their hotdogs are gross.

Tater tots are nice and mozzarella sticks are fire.

Mr. Pickles

« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2023, 08:05:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mozzarella sticks are indeed. I never thought of it as a place to get a meal, just the drink/ice cream/snack spot.

swellbowed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2023, 09:11:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. Plus a cherry limeade. One of my all time favs

Jebediah

• Rep: 116
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2023, 08:04:31 AM »
I love the sonic cookie dough blast, one of my favorite ice cream treats for the summer.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2023, 08:06:43 AM »
It’d be nice if Culver’s were on the west coast.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -430
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2023, 08:19:30 AM »

I fuck with any eating establishment that serves a good chili dog. Truly one of the most underrated foods of all time

caiiro

• Rep: 3
  • you'd prefer an astronaut
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2023, 09:33:41 AM »

i always remembered them more for their shakes and ice cream rather than anything else they got

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2023, 09:43:17 AM »
It’d be nice if Culver’s were on the west coast.

It'd be nice if Culver's were on the east coast.

(Just checked the map, looks like a bunch are down south but nothing north of Carolinas)

But I also kind of appreciate the concept of regional chains, makes it nice whenever I go to midwest to hit a culver's, just like it used to be with chic fil a only in the south

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1099
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2023, 10:20:52 AM »
Went to a vegan fast food restaurant yesterday that is running with the whole McDonald's steez. It's called Mr. Charlie's.

Instead of the Big Mac, they have the Big Chuck. Frowny Meals, that sort of thing. They have double doubles too. But everything is plant-based.

I asked them how long they've been open, figuring it was a couple weeks of a pop up and they will be shut down by McDonald's in a month....but evidently, they've been open for 9 months now. I guess they change the fonts and colors just enough to ride the wave.

It was pretty good, felt like I was in a WacArnold's. A tad expensive tho.

I look forward to the day when vegan food is popular enough that it can have an established pipeline and be a big enough industry that it won't be so expensive. The idea that it is cheaper to literally maintain livestock than grow some soy is insane to me.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Mr. Pickles

« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2023, 01:15:46 PM »
Went to a vegan fast food restaurant yesterday that is running with the whole McDonald's steez. It's called Mr. Charlie's.

Instead of the Big Mac, they have the Big Chuck. Frowny Meals, that sort of thing. They have double doubles too. But everything is plant-based.

I asked them how long they've been open, figuring it was a couple weeks of a pop up and they will be shut down by McDonald's in a month....but evidently, they've been open for 9 months now. I guess they change the fonts and colors just enough to ride the wave.

I look forward to the day when vegan food is popular enough that it can have an established pipeline and be a big enough industry that it won't be so expensive. The idea that it is cheaper to literally maintain livestock than grow some soy is insane to me.
Pretty strong words from some dudes that LOVE McDonald’s.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2023, 03:24:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mozzarella sticks are indeed. I never thought of it as a place to get a meal, just the drink/ice cream/snack spot.

Recently tried their pretzels… surprisingly good. Mozzarella sticks are the go to tho..

For shakes and ice cream usually it’s Dairy Queen.   
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2023, 04:04:33 PM »

We have something similar to that here in SoCal called Plant Power. They have their version of the Big Mac called the Big Zac.

Overall, the food is good and they have some tasty drinks. But you like you said, its a bit on the pricey side.

https://www.plantpowerfastfood.com/menu

Worth checking out if you're ever in the area

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2023, 04:11:15 PM »
Nice, thx, there is a Plant Power right down the street from me in S.D.

Looks like they have one here in Hollywood too.

Excited to give it a shot.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 04:18:07 PM by EdLawndale »

noselid

• Rep: -40
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2023, 04:23:07 PM »
i was on vacation and in the past 5 days ive eaten bojangles, burger king, popeyes, zaxbys, mcdonalds along with some restaurants. i have a very visible protruding gut now and ive gained probably 15-20 pounds. suprisingly burger king one on this round, the fries were crispy and the burger had the signature bk taste going on wonderfuly with perfecty carbonated soda.   

noselid

• Rep: -40
« Reply #165 on: July 03, 2023, 04:29:40 PM »
damn i really spelled won "one"

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2023, 03:15:49 PM »
Okay, I tried Plant Power and rather enjoyed it. Probably on the same level as Mr. Charlie's in all respects. Thanks for the recommendation, GrayCellGreen.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2023, 03:53:18 PM »
Okay, I tried Plant Power and rather enjoyed it. Probably on the same level as Mr. Charlie's in all respects. Thanks for the recommendation, GrayCellGreen.

Not a problem, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now I'm going to have to try Mr. Charlie's next time I'm in LA.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -64
« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2023, 12:39:40 PM »

Cheddar bites and a Fritos chili cheese wrap or two is a major guilty pleasure meal for me.

...actually, nah I don't feel guilty at all, that shit slaps.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2023, 04:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cheddar bites and a Fritos chili cheese wrap or two is a major guilty pleasure meal for me.

...actually, nah I don't feel guilty at all, that shit slaps.

I had it yesterday lol… Moz and tots. Carb overload..
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

companguero

• Rep: 250
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2023, 10:40:56 PM »

after passing through every local drive through in recent weeks...( except KFC & Popeye's )
- McD
- Jack in the Box
- Wendy's
- Carl's Jr
- Taco Bell
- Del Taco
- El Pollo loco
I decided to cap off this depressive episode with a last hurrah at Burger King

So far im loving the fries, onion rings and spicy nuggets. their bbq tubs are really hitting a high note.
the taco is holding its own but I prefer Jack's.
this whopper jr is a great nostalgic flavor but the big king's sauce is too sweet. 
Big Fish is on deck followed by the italian BK royal crispy sandwich ( since my work has a chicken parm I'm obligated to compare )
for dessert we'll (royal we) be having the hershey's pie

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2023, 10:52:36 PM »

after passing through every local drive through in recent weeks...( except KFC & Popeye's )
- McD
- Jack in the Box
- Wendy's
- Carl's Jr
- Taco Bell
- Del Taco
- El Pollo loco

So far im loving the fries, onion rings and spicy nuggets. their bbq tubs are really hitting a high note.
this whopper jr is a great nostalgic flavor but the big king's sauce is too sweet. 
Big Fish is on deck followed by the italian BK royal crispy sandwich ( since my work has a chicken parm I'm obligated to compare )
We get it you're a millionare

companguero

• Rep: 250
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2023, 11:01:04 PM »
Expand Quote

- McD
- Jack in the Box
- Wendy's
- Carl's Jr
- Taco Bell
- Del Taco
- El Pollo loco

[close]
We get it you're a millionare

* A $42.50-aire to be honest

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2023, 11:15:05 PM »
I'm hooked on the coffee frappé from Mcdonalds... I'm not even sure why. It's nothing too remarkable but tastes a lot better than an iced capp from Tim Horton's.  I try not to buy the food but got a 1/4 pounder tonight and added a bunch of mushrooms to it when I got home.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2023, 08:36:19 AM »
Just tried BK’s new butter chicken poutine and ketchup flavoured nuggets.  Both were surprisingly really good!

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2023, 11:48:32 AM »
Not fast food but frozen foods considered, anyone else fuckin love these things? Grew up with them and still buy a bag once a year or so and they fuckin slap

Mr. Pickles

« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2023, 11:53:27 AM »
I'm hooked on the coffee frappé from Mcdonalds... I'm not even sure why. It's nothing too remarkable but tastes a lot better than an iced capp from Tim Horton's.  I try not to buy the food but got a 1/4 pounder tonight and added a bunch of mushrooms to it when I got home.
When those frappe things came out I was hooked too. My wife is convinced those are why I got fat. I’ve had maybe a dozen or so over the last 15 years, but 10 of them were in the first few months. I guess they used cream for the milk. Still fat.

Not fast food but frozen foods considered, anyone else fuckin love these things? Grew up with them and still buy a bag once a year or so and they fuckin slap

You pair these with Doroitos and it’s almost a death row quality meal. I ate so many of these as a kid.

FUBAR

• Rep: 237
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2023, 03:51:48 PM »
Im bummed because I no longer can handle Taco Bell. Getting old sucks. Turns me into a shit machine.

LUGR

• Rep: 48
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2023, 07:50:36 PM »
I rarely ever have fast food, but had Arby’s for the first time since probably around 1999 today. Just had the regular plain sandwich with curly fries and it was surprisingly good. I kind of want another one and get cheese on it.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2023, 09:47:23 AM »
I rarely ever have fast food, but had Arby’s for the first time since probably around 1999 today. Just had the regular plain sandwich with curly fries and it was surprisingly good. I kind of want another one and get cheese on it.

sounds good as hell right now and adding to my recent arby's cravings. i like to get a cup of the cheese sause and i can dip the fries and sandwich instead of just having it on the sandwich. or both.