Author Topic: Clive Dixon - Prine  (Read 12199 times)

City of Drunken Totems

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Clive Dixon - Prine
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2022, 09:45:41 PM »
i fuck with front bigspin lipslides

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2022, 10:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Why don't people just release parts with no music. Someone needs to make A new RUBBISH HEAP video.
[close]
pj in really sorry. that part was a game changer having been in such a heavy full length with a wild variety of music. the ‘silence is golden’ just came out of nowhere. i think that made his part much more crisp than it would have had he used any song, no matter how perfect of a fit.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 442
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2022, 02:30:08 AM »
Is he out of the game? I get that he's not everyone's favourite stylewise but how hard can it be for someone to please pay this guy to keep producing.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2022, 03:17:36 AM »
I actually DMd him while drunk, back when he quit Birdhouse. He responded that he will still skate, for the love, but as for being an actual pro for a company, he seemed no that interested in it.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 442
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2022, 05:50:31 AM »
^ Got damn it. Clive's out, Cole Wilson is out... how are companies not taking care of these guys. I don't want to have to  turn to Midler or Nyjah to get my hammer fix.

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2022, 06:33:49 AM »
The kit was a bit wonky and not a huge fan of coco but with X wing preflight steez. With that being said I back this dudes part and skating.  Super gnar. The front shuv lip was dope.

I recall hearing a story of his pops passing and he just went bezerk from there. 

I would easily back this dude over a lot of the trash that gets pumped out daily. 
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

dannyprovolone

« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2022, 09:59:58 AM »

I would easily back this dude over a lot of the trash that gets pumped out daily. 

Have to agree here. This dude went hard enough have a board/shoe.

Mediocre skateboarding wrapped up in a trendy package is what sells in this era. I like watching the stuntman stuff more.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 168
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2022, 02:40:58 PM »
Clive on Disorder would actually make a lot of sense, except it seems like he and his gf have a positive and loving relationship

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2022, 02:58:26 PM »
he definitely has stuntman vibes on some of those clips. wow. it's been said before but he'd be good on Emerica. sad to hear he's over sponsorships for the most part.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2022, 06:21:47 PM »
I actually DMd him while drunk, back when he quit Birdhouse. He responded that he will still skate, for the love, but as for being an actual pro for a company, he seemed no that interested in it.

It probably has something to do with him doing like 10 of the gnarliest tricks of his generation and still not getting a legitimate shoe sponsor out of it.

nevrwasben

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2022, 10:37:31 PM »
Watched this when it came out, and again just now, wow-ed me both times.
I know this guy mashed a bunch of kook-buttons, but his skating is sick as fuck and he came across as a very down to earth, sincerely nice person in whatever interview I read of his.
He’s a reminder to me of how this world can be a cruel, unfair place.
It is what it is and we just gotta roll with the punches; he seems to have.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 168
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2022, 10:51:38 PM »
Watched this when it came out, and again just now, wow-ed me both times.
I know this guy mashed a bunch of kook-buttons, but his skating is sick as fuck and he came across as a very down to earth, sincerely nice person in whatever interview I read of his.
He’s a reminder to me of how this world can be a cruel, unfair place.
It is what it is and we just gotta roll with the punches; he seems to have.

Never understood the Clive hate, is it just because he was on Birdhouse and hung out with Clint?  I feel like Jaws and Ben avoided taking too much scorn when they were in a similar position.  Maybe he just showed up at the wrong time, skating should always have a place for someone like him, in my opinion

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2022, 08:15:50 AM »
Never understood the Clive hate either. He seems like a smart normal dude that rips. Didn’t he write a book? He isn’t trendy and I think that some can’t see past his clothes to see how much he rips.

Even if he’s off sponsorship I hope he still films. If I could pick his sponsors. He’d be on emerica and metal or Uma.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2022, 07:17:04 AM »
he definitely has stuntman vibes on some of those clips. wow. it's been said before but he'd be good on Emerica. sad to hear he's over sponsorships for the most part.
I was thinking something similar but toy machine as a board sponsor. I feel like hes a couple decent sponsors away from getting the respect he deserves.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2022, 07:42:11 AM »
Holy shit, just rewatched that vid and had my mind blown. Forgot just how insane it was. I think the song went well with his part and scratching my head on people hating on his style. I think he looks good on a board. Trick for trick one of the heaviest parts ever put out. Dude is such beast.

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2022, 11:24:39 PM »
this guy is so insanely talented