Author Topic: Sewa Kroetkov ‘LATE’ Part  (Read 4943 times)

Rasmus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
Re: Sewa Kroetkov ‘LATE’ Part
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2022, 04:10:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He made the courthouse stage looks so small
[close]

it isnt that high, is it? feel like there has been a good amount of footage with certain angles that showcased it is as smaller than I always thought it is. Did/ Can somebody measure it?
[close]

Maybe it just says something about how embarrassingly bad I am, but that seems very tall for tech tricks. The ledges seem to have perfect height and that four steps stair is strangely low

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2022, 05:37:18 PM »
He’s one of the nicest skaters I’ve met.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2022, 07:11:20 PM »
I’ve been a fan of Sewa since I saw him back in This is Not a Test.” His part was a banger, had a lot of crazy tech and his style was precise but not fake. He’s always been a nice dude, my friend’s company sponsored him for a while and he always provided footage. That being said, this part just seems so sterile and lifeless. It probably has to do with the filming and editing, but even his IOU part was more impressive. And I’ll nitpick for a second: lose the 5 panel strapbacks and joggers, pick some more raw spots and push beyond your normal bag of tricks, and get a better filmer that’ll take you to the right spots and have some good suggestions.

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -97
  • tae-tae
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2022, 03:10:31 AM »
just a park skater who skates perfect spots. very 2010'ish prod trick selection, but way boring. should speed up.

fin.
ohyeahohyeah

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -39
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2022, 04:06:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sewa must really love skateboarding - how long has he been riding blank boards/no sponsor whatsoever?

Shitty trick selection by the way (but who would spend their ammo for a Berrics part anyway).
[close]

What do you mean "shitty trick selection"?
[close]

Nollie varial flip crooked
bs big spin tailslide to nose manual
Most of the manual variations

Guy is talented as fuck, has some of the best hardflips and fs flips, but his trick selection is pretty lame.

I would say neither of those tricks were examples of bad trick selection.  Nollie late flip and sw late flip, definitely illegal

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2022, 05:31:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sewa is one of my guilty pleasures. In many ways he is absolute euro trash but please everyone take note how he has one of the best fs flips and 360 flips there is.

Sewa I know you're lurking so i'm gonna give you some constructive criticism:

- Immediately lose all the double flips, late flips and nollie front foot flips. Those tricks seriously devalue you as a skater.

- You need to take a few more pushes into your tricks. You're skating too slow by today's professional standards.

- You need to switch up your garderobe. Lose the not so loose cargo pants, colorful hoodies and sports caps. Coldpizza is on point when he says you look like the men’s clothing section at Target.

- Obviously you seem to go the gym but on a skateboard it looks stupid with the clothes you wear. If you have muscle, then you need to have really loose clothes. Unless you're busenitz.

- The macho rap tunes you use for your parts are consistently hideous and make you look dumb. Especially considering you are a white dutch/russian dude.

- It's not a bad thing to have not so perfectly executed tricks in your part. On the contrary it would make you look more relaxed and natural, less contrived and calculated. So more speed, less robotics.
[close]

Sorry for derailing the thread but you reminded me of a question I always wanted to ask on slap.

How do my fellow u.s. pals think about people from other parts of the world using american rap music for their skate parts?
[close]

Who gives a shit?
[close]

I do. That's why I asked
[close]

Well, what's your opinion than? Why do you give a shit about it, and is it rap specifically you care about? Is it only America, or do you care when someone skates to any song from a different country than their own? Did you give a shit when Puig skated to The Pet Shop Boys? Come on, lay it on me.
[close]

Haha why are you so agitated by this question? I was just wondering because rap music is often used to make someone look tough or from the street etc. Most e.g. european skaters are so far away from the reality that is showcased in american rap music so I was curious what you guys think about it. You don't have this discrapency with the pet shop boys

Maybe in the late 90's early 2000's. That take is honestly very dated, and definately not something I think people assume. Especially in this day and age of mumble trash rap.  It's just personal preference, its just music.

I'll go as far as to say you might be called racist/ignorant for such a bunt.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2022, 06:06:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sewa is one of my guilty pleasures. In many ways he is absolute euro trash but please everyone take note how he has one of the best fs flips and 360 flips there is.

- Immediately lose all the double flips, late flips and nollie front foot flips. Those tricks seriously devalue you as a skater.

- You need to take a few more pushes into your tricks. You're skating too slow by today's professional standards.

- You need to switch up your garderobe. Lose the not so loose cargo pants, colorful hoodies and sports caps. Coldpizza is on point when he says you look like the men’s clothing section at Target.

- Obviously you seem to go the gym but on a skateboard it looks stupid with the clothes you wear. If you have muscle, then you need to have really loose clothes. Unless you're busenitz.

- The macho rap tunes you use for your parts are consistently hideous and make you look dumb. Especially considering you are a white dutch/russian dude.

- It's not a bad thing to have not so perfectly executed tricks in your part. On the contrary it would make you look more relaxed and natural, less contrived and calculated. So more speed, less robotics.
[close]

Sorry for derailing the thread but you reminded me of a question I always wanted to ask on slap.

How do my fellow u.s. pals think about people from other parts of the world using american rap music for their skate parts?
[close]

Who gives a shit?
[close]

I do. That's why I asked
[close]

Well, what's your opinion than? Why do you give a shit about it, and is it rap specifically you care about? Is it only America, or do you care when someone skates to any song from a different country than their own? Did you give a shit when Puig skated to The Pet Shop Boys? Come on, lay it on me.
[close]

Haha why are you so agitated by this question? I was just wondering because rap music is often used to make someone look tough or from the street etc. Most e.g. european skaters are so far away from the reality that is showcased in american rap music so I was curious what you guys think about it. You don't have this discrapency with the pet shop boys
[close]

Maybe in the late 90's early 2000's. That take is honestly very dated, and definately not something I think people assume. Especially in this day and age of mumble trash rap.  It's just personal preference, its just music.

Lol racist? Why? Slap is so weird sometimes

JoseCansnake0

• Rep: -32
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2022, 07:04:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who gives a shit?
[close]

I do. That's why I asked
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Rap music isn't always about "being from the streets or being tough". Thats what I'm trying to say. I'm definately NOT calling you racist for asking the question, as I'm sure Euro and American translations are different.

In this day and age of woke awareness, and privaleged cancel culture, the youths will find a way to turn it around on you.

Simply my opinion

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2022, 07:54:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who gives a shit?
[close]

I do. That's why I asked
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Rap music isn't always about "being from the streets or being tough". Thats what I'm trying to say. I'm definately NOT calling you racist for asking the question, as I'm sure Euro and American translations are different.

In this day and age of woke awareness, and privaleged cancel culture, the youths will find a way to turn it around on you.

Simply my opinion

Well on the other hand you could accuse some middle class german kid of cultural appropriation if he uses a song from a certified gang banger...
But thanks for all the backfire. I know now that slap does not have a problem with that.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 46
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2022, 12:26:06 PM »
In an parallel universe this would be an Alex mizurov part and sewa would be banned from the berrics

You make me feel old

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2022, 02:12:06 PM »
Overwhelmed by mediocrity

Rein

• Rep: -21
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2022, 02:09:35 PM »
Always have a weak spot for Sewa, just because he is Dutch.
Still think his Damn part is his best one.

https://youtu.be/cqvAHXy_tzc?t=547

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -286
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2022, 12:16:21 AM »
He certainly is talented, but I can’t bring myself to enjoy watching him skate. Sad really, he kinda doesn’t fit anywhere, maybe Primitive would be the best fit, but I absolutely can’t see that happening unfortunately for him. Maybe Plan B - but it probably would have happened for him already.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2023, 09:24:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He made the courthouse stage looks so small
[close]

it isnt that high, is it? feel like there has been a good amount of footage with certain angles that showcased it is as smaller than I always thought it is. Did/ Can somebody measure it?
[close]

[close]

Maybe it just says something about how embarrassingly bad I am, but that seems very tall for tech tricks. The ledges seem to have perfect height and that four steps stair is strangely low

that seems indeed pretty high for technical tricks -- thanks for providing the data (gnarred as well)

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2023, 09:30:28 AM »
shit hella high bruh