Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 581463 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #5790 on: October 28, 2022, 05:00:05 PM »
We're already dead.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

m path

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -51
« Reply #5791 on: October 28, 2022, 05:06:06 PM »
We're already dead.
  Easy to say....
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5792 on: October 28, 2022, 06:44:11 PM »
  We're (n America) seem to be heading straight toward WW3, and people have too many other (internet) things to concern themselves with to say anything about it.  People drew lines in the sand 4 or 5 years ago now to prevent them from saying anything about what's presently happening.

I think the same thing.  I was thinking how weird it is that there doesn’t seem to be much of an anti-war effort.  You’d think there would be huge protests all over the place, but I guess everyone is just on board for how things are progressing.

I feel like we are so thoroughly propagandized and sedated (in ways we probably can’t imagine) that people are somehow able to casually shrug off being the closest to nuclear armageddon since the Cuban missile crisis.  It’s actually pretty fucking impressive.

I’d also partially attribute it to the fact that the people of the generation(s) that were around for Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the more tense moments of the cold war are dying off and are replaced with a generation for whom all that is just some shit that happened a long time ago, and certainly nothing to worry about nowadays.

It was so disheartening and alarming when that little group of senators put together that extremely tepid suggestion that we might consider pushing for a diplomatic end to the war and got ripped so hard (by both democrats and republicans) that within a few hours they renounced everything they said in the letter and blamed it on their staff for releasing it without their knowledge.  Are dissenting opinions just a no-go anymore?

Every time I see Biden get completely lost trying to walk away from a podium, trying to shake someone’s hand that doesn’t exist or does that creepy whisper-into-the-mic thing, I just can’t believe that this is (supposedly) the dude in charge.  His brain is turning into a ball of wet newspaper before our eyes.

Could you imagine if he were the president during the Cuban missile crisis instead of JFK?  We’d be fucked.

I guess one good thing is that if a global nuclear war happens, at least we won’t have to wonder what it would be like.  And if you somehow survive the blasts and radiation, you could get the chance to assemble a tribe of fellow disfigured survivors to live in the sewers battling and enslaving rival sewer tribes, eating crickets and drinking irradiated rats milk.  Could be kinda cool.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

m path

« Reply #5793 on: October 28, 2022, 07:02:48 PM »
Expand Quote
  We're (n America) seem to be heading straight toward WW3, and people have too many other (internet) things to concern themselves with to say anything about it.  People drew lines in the sand 4 or 5 years ago now to prevent them from saying anything about what's presently happening.
[close]

I think the same thing.  I was thinking how weird it is that there doesn’t seem to be much of an anti-war effort.  You’d think there would be huge protests all over the place, but I guess everyone is just on board for how things are progressing.

I feel like we are so thoroughly propagandized and sedated (in ways we probably can’t imagine) that people are somehow able to casually shrug off being the closest to nuclear armageddon since the Cuban missile crisis.  It’s actually pretty fucking impressive.

I’d also partially attribute it to the fact that the people of the generation(s) that were around for Hiroshima and Nagasaki and the more tense moments of the cold war are dying off and are replaced with a generation for whom all that is just some shit that happened a long time ago, and certainly nothing to worry about nowadays.

It was so disheartening and alarming when that little group of senators put together that extremely tepid suggestion that we might consider pushing for a diplomatic end to the war and got ripped so hard (by both democrats and republicans) that within a few hours they renounced everything they said in the letter and blamed it on their staff for releasing it without their knowledge.  Are dissenting opinions just a no-go anymore?

Every time I see Biden get completely lost trying to walk away from a podium, trying to shake someone’s hand that doesn’t exist or does that creepy whisper-into-the-mic thing, I just can’t believe that this is (supposedly) the dude in charge.  His brain is turning into a ball of wet newspaper before our eyes.

Could you imagine if he were the president during the Cuban missile crisis instead of JFK?  We’d be fucked.

I guess one good thing is that if a global nuclear war happens, at least we won’t have to wonder what it would be like.  And if you somehow survive the blasts and radiation, you could get the chance to assemble a tribe of fellow disfigured survivors to live in the sewers battling and enslaving rival sewer tribes, eating crickets and drinking irradiated rats milk.  Could be kinda cool.
   I hate being cold so I'm afraid it will be massively uncool.    It seems obvious from his apparent state that Biden does not make any decisions but perhaps this assertion will get me labeled as 'c--------y theorist'.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #5794 on: October 28, 2022, 09:35:02 PM »
I think in the future they will look back at now and be puzzled why so many leaders were so fukn old. They will think it's a novelty like the Roman feasts where they are until they vomitted then kept eating. Just like lol wtf were they doing back then fukn idiots. (Or however they talk in the future)

m path

« Reply #5795 on: October 29, 2022, 06:59:17 AM »
I think in the future they will look back at now and be puzzled why so many leaders were so fukn old. They will think it's a novelty like the Roman feasts where they are until they vomitted then kept eating. Just like lol wtf were they doing back then fukn idiots. (Or however they talk in the future)
   Old age = vomit   -gotcha

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5796 on: October 29, 2022, 07:25:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
People staying in charge way beyond when they should stop = people eating way beyond when they should stop

m path

« Reply #5797 on: October 29, 2022, 08:09:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
People staying in charge way beyond when they should stop = people eating way beyond when they should stop
     Perhaps fair in some cases for sure but the same could be said about some younger people.  Not assuming you're on about Biden, but I'd say it's pretty naive  to believe he's 'in charge' or makes decisions.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #5798 on: October 29, 2022, 03:12:40 PM »
How this show never got made into a real show.

half staff

• Rep: -11
« Reply #5799 on: October 31, 2022, 06:31:10 AM »
hi guys, i'm trying to find a video. i forget if it's jordan something or other but someone skates to chief keef "war" in a bronze video but i can't figure out which one. anyone remember that?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5800 on: November 02, 2022, 04:49:04 AM »
In the future what will our age be called?
Like stone age, bronze Age, iron age and so on. Plastic age? I guess 70ish years isn't really age, maybe be a hundred by the time we stop using plastic shit if at all

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5801 on: November 02, 2022, 05:00:47 AM »
Like stone age, bronze Age, iron age and so on. Plastic age? I guess 70ish years isn't really age, maybe be a hundred by the time we stop using plastic shit if at all

I don’t think it would continue along the crafting material theme.  I’d have to imagine that it would involve the internet since that has so thoroughly altered basically every facet of our lives and doesn’t seem to be letting up any time soon.  Maybe “The Network Age” or something.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5802 on: November 02, 2022, 11:34:57 AM »
Is anyone calling Andrew Reynolds 'Andy'?

m path

« Reply #5803 on: November 02, 2022, 11:35:31 PM »
 The questionable assumption (imo) isn't whether the felled tree, with no witnesses to the event, made a sound.  The questionable assumption is that the tree in fact, 'fell'.  No more ludicrous to question the nature of the event itself if there is no witness then to ask whether there were perceived 'normal' repercussions like sound.   That's always troubled me.

m path

« Reply #5804 on: November 03, 2022, 12:03:45 AM »
What if rollerblading is cool? I mean honestly I doubt it, I've always been mostly neutral towards it they're just people with a hobby like skateboarders just their hobby is dorkier BUT I watched a couple snowboard videos recently and I'm guessing because of that was recommended skiing videos thought fuck it and watched one and I think skiing is better looking than snowboarding. Rollerblading is just skiing without snow really.
Got a bit of a Schrodinger's cat scenario if I never watch a rollerblade video I know it's still that goofy thing I kinda remember from the 90s but if I watch one who knows...
   I'm not sure if rollerblading is cool but I have found that rollerbladers are cool.  Much respect for the ones I bump into at the park -generally they are vets.  Its prolly cool just to get off the couch.  (tbf I have never determined how exactly cool anything is except vulnerability I guess which isn't always easy.)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5805 on: November 03, 2022, 12:20:04 AM »
Expand Quote
What if rollerblading is cool? I mean honestly I doubt it, I've always been mostly neutral towards it they're just people with a hobby like skateboarders just their hobby is dorkier BUT I watched a couple snowboard videos recently and I'm guessing because of that was recommended skiing videos thought fuck it and watched one and I think skiing is better looking than snowboarding. Rollerblading is just skiing without snow really.
Got a bit of a Schrodinger's cat scenario if I never watch a rollerblade video I know it's still that goofy thing I kinda remember from the 90s but if I watch one who knows...
[close]
   I'm not sure if rollerblading is cool but I have found that rollerbladers are cool.  Much respect for the ones I bump into at the park -generally they are vets.  Its prolly cool just to get off the couch.  (tbf I have never determined how exactly cool anything is except vulnerability I guess which isn't always easy.)
Lol since that post I decided fuck it and watched a couple shorter videos and not that embarrassed to say yeah it's kinda cool. Obviously there's a lot of tricks I don't like and I don't understand all the intricate differences between grinds or whatever but overall it's totally fine. Skateboarding still #1 but for a bit of a change like bmx it's  pretty ok

m path

« Reply #5806 on: November 03, 2022, 12:32:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Lol since that post I decided fuck it and watched a couple shorter videos and not that embarrassed to say yeah it's kinda cool. Obviously there's a lot of tricks I don't like and I don't understand all the intricate differences between grinds or whatever but overall it's totally fine. Skateboarding still #1 but for a bit of a change like bmx it's  pretty ok
  Omg bmx    - Yumi Tsukuda is very artful worth a watch.  He can legit skate too.  The S and M videos lately are feel gooders.  I can only do fakies myself and go around the pump track. Tried blading around a track with my ex just this year.  I like to jump on a scooter for 5 mins at the park whenever I can cause they're fun and its a flamboyant move.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #5807 on: November 03, 2022, 07:32:01 PM »

this is cool. we're both in australia and i pondered the same thing on the same day - i came to no conclusion but it's nice to know the thought was being shared.

something i am pondering is how so many dudes i know get their girlfriends or whatever pregnant by "accident". maybe i'm sterile, but what's the deal? it's like they don't understand how sex works or something.

anyone who ever unintentionally/accidentally got someone pregnant got any further info/light to shed?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 07:43:54 PM by Prince »
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5808 on: November 05, 2022, 08:27:20 PM »

The gasoline age is coming to a close

I ponder how fast is this?
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5809 on: November 06, 2022, 07:14:17 AM »
Also I was told that Andy Roy owns Violet. How do we find out?
(A)pl(E)

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5810 on: November 06, 2022, 10:02:36 AM »
hi guys, i'm trying to find a video. i forget if it's jordan something or other but someone skates to chief keef "war" in a bronze video but i can't figure out which one. anyone remember that?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5811 on: November 09, 2022, 03:45:48 AM »
How did animals evolve to be poisonous? Like venomous sure that's a fukn classic but what benefit is being deadly after you've already been eaten? And then there's animals so poisonous they could kill thirty people etc like it doesn't even make sense you aren't hunting and mating more because you're so poisonous it's all fukn bullshit. 

girlfriendplease

• Rep: -22
  • i can shuv it, 5050, bslide, kickflip, and nocompl
« Reply #5812 on: November 09, 2022, 04:57:16 AM »
why is everyone in Quora so smart?
i care

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #5813 on: November 09, 2022, 03:59:39 PM »
I was inhaling my lunch today and this dude cruised by and did the coolest looking ollie over a manhole cover. It was cool shifty style and he was going fast. It reminded me of when i was young and didnt know what skateboarding was.

Anyway, I ponder on how many others got the spark from seeing something like this? Like if thats what you saw one day and was like thats what i wanna do.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5814 on: November 09, 2022, 07:40:38 PM »
How did animals evolve to be poisonous? Like venomous sure that's a fukn classic but what benefit is being deadly after you've already been eaten? And then there's animals so poisonous they could kill thirty people etc like it doesn't even make sense you aren't hunting and mating more because you're so poisonous it's all fukn bullshit.

Long story short: Selective pressures based off of an initial radiation event followed by successful breeding for the trait.

Becoming a natural resources scientist removes all fun from nature. 10/10 would and would not recommend.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #5815 on: November 11, 2022, 10:56:26 AM »
Did Dill find Jesus when coming down on drugs? I noticed that some FA pants have a patch with a cross on it, and some shirts have a crucifix zippers.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #5816 on: November 11, 2022, 12:47:28 PM »
why is everyone in Quora so smart?

"If a women has starch masks on her body does that mean she been pargnet before?"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5817 on: November 11, 2022, 01:04:01 PM »

How should I repair this? It's driving me crazy. I don't always wanna be going full tilt to get through the divot
(A)pl(E)

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5818 on: November 13, 2022, 08:52:16 PM »
If aliens come and visit us, I think it would be really cool of them if they just played along with all of the classic alien clichés.

If they make it here, they probably also have the technology to present themselves however they please. 

And they’d certainly be able to research what we think they might be like. 

And if they didn’t opt for our immediate annihilation/sexual subjugation, there’s a good chance that they’re pretty chill.

So I just think it would be nice if, for our benefit, they went through a list of the greatest hits: abductions via tractor beams, landing on the White House lawn and coming out and saying “take me to your leader”… that kind of shit. 

Also, after they adjudicate all the other, more important intergalactic political shit, I’d be curious to know what they think about skating.  I bet they’d be into it.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #5819 on: November 15, 2022, 09:36:41 AM »
I wonder just how long I could keep my job by doing absolutely no work but still attending all meetings and dropping excuses about having to push out deadlines due to just being way too busy.

I'm pretty sure it could be months... with subtle effort probably a couple years