Author Topic: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?  (Read 44597 times)

Thebird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 158
Re: aboslute WIDEST toe box skate shoes?
« Reply #270 on: October 30, 2023, 07:29:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shoutout to people who recommended Forums. Wide enough and actual fucking tanks.
[close]

Forum ADVs the current SW daily dose AND 20% bishes

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/dailydose.html
[close]

I have tried the Forums on. I did not find them very wide at all. Judging from this threat my feet are even wide among wide feet. I couldn't make joslins work either. I am currently skating NB 574 all coasts (one size up). At work I wear vans wayvees. They stretched out a bit and feel OK now. I will skate them next.

[close]

You must have some barney rubble ass feet as these jawns are very very wide.

Are these wider than the Tyshawns?  They were definitely too tight around the toes for me.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1009
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #271 on: October 30, 2023, 07:37:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shoutout to people who recommended Forums. Wide enough and actual fucking tanks.
[close]

[close]

I have tried the Forums on. I did not find them very wide at all. Judging from this threat my feet are even wide among wide feet. I couldn't make joslins work either. I am currently skating NB 574 all coasts (one size up). At work I wear vans wayvees. They stretched out a bit and feel OK now. I will skate them next.

[close]

[close]

Are these wider than the Tyshawns?  They were definitely too tight around the toes for me.

I had to go a half size up with the tyshawns and even then the toe box shape was still slim even when broken in.

The forums (especially after you break them in) are so wide and roomy (also FLEXIBLE) so even if they 'fit' there is lots of pliability in the toe box. They're great...the only con to them is the non-gum sole version as Adidas as the slipperiest sole compounds I've ever skated so I don't touch anything but their gum offerings...

Thebird

« Reply #272 on: October 30, 2023, 07:43:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I had to go a half size up with the tyshawns and even then the toe box shape was still slim even when broken in.

The forums (especially after you break them in) are so wide and roomy (also FLEXIBLE) so even if they 'fit' there is lots of pliability in the toe box. They're great...the only con to them is the non-gum sole version as Adidas as the slipperiest sole compounds I've ever skated so I don't touch anything but their gum offerings...

They may just work then.....  I guess I'll have to give them a shot.  Always on the hunt for the perfect fitting shoe.  Thanks for the tip about the sole.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2023, 07:57:36 AM »
If anyone has both Maranas and Joslins, could you compare the width? The insoles lined up on top of each other would give a very good idea of the differences (if any).

This is just my experience with both those shoes, so other people might feel different. I have weird feet, wide in the front, semi wide in the middle and kinda narrow heels. But these shoes fit both very differently. From both of those shoes, the Joslin is definitely wider right out of the box. The Marana is kinda narrow across the toes although it didn't look so. Mid foot area from both shoes is kinda wide, yeah. In the Joslin I would need a 7.75 shoe size and in the Marana it would maybe be a 8.25. Both those sizes don't exist and I am looking for similar alternatives for the Joslin since I really like that shoe and feeling.
IG: @flowterspace

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2023, 08:23:27 AM »
Expand Quote
If anyone has both Maranas and Joslins, could you compare the width? The insoles lined up on top of each other would give a very good idea of the differences (if any).
[close]

This is just my experience with both those shoes, so other people might feel different. I have weird feet, wide in the front, semi wide in the middle and kinda narrow heels. But these shoes fit both very differently. From both of those shoes, the Joslin is definitely wider right out of the box. The Marana is kinda narrow across the toes although it didn't look so. Mid foot area from both shoes is kinda wide, yeah. In the Joslin I would need a 7.75 shoe size and in the Marana it would maybe be a 8.25. Both those sizes don't exist and I am looking for similar alternatives for the Joslin since I really like that shoe and feeling.

This is really good info as someone who hasn't tried the Joslin.  I'm curious if you have experience comparing the width of the toebox to the New Balance 272 or 288 Sport? 

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2023, 12:29:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is really good info as someone who hasn't tried the Joslin.  I'm curious if you have experience comparing the width of the toebox to the New Balance 272 or 288 Sport?

I haven't tried the 288, so I can't help there. But the NB# 272 was surprising. Ankle and mid foot felt really good. But it was way too tight above the toe and the toe room was insanely wide for my feet. Like 1 thumbs width on both sides of my forefoot. A fit like the NB# 306 but as a cupsole would be cool. At least for me.

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 7
  • fresh
« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2023, 05:53:03 AM »
the creagers have a fairly wide toebox
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

Bill Salt

« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2023, 06:52:15 AM »
Blazers?

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2023, 06:56:11 AM »

Bill Salt

« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2023, 07:35:49 AM »
thx for kookin me :D

hikyle2

• Rep: 13
« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2023, 10:12:03 PM »
I've yet to make my way through this entire thread, but has anyone tried the wide vans, on their site they have a few pairs that can be purchased as a wide version.  None of them are the skate models but I figured if they are actually wider I may be buying some shoegoo. 

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2023, 10:58:12 PM »
I've yet to make my way through this entire thread, but has anyone tried the wide vans, on their site they have a few pairs that can be purchased as a wide version.  None of them are the skate models but I figured if they are actually wider I may be buying some shoegoo.
I have wide old skools for daily use. They have plenty of room in midfoot and start of toebox but if you have really wide foot at the top of toebox i could see it being problematic. The insole is also garbage for skating ans glued/stitch so beware.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023, 12:53:28 AM by JugeL »

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #282 on: November 15, 2023, 06:28:07 AM »
Which shoe would be similar to the NB# 306 but as a cupsole? I think it is not a sizing problem for me, but instead a problem of the toe shape. I need something wide and round and the toes. Might get some 306 for everyday use now.

Thebird

« Reply #283 on: November 15, 2023, 07:10:57 AM »
Which shoe would be similar to the NB# 306 but as a cupsole? I think it is not a sizing problem for me, but instead a problem of the toe shape. I need something wide and round and the toes. Might get some 306 for everyday use now.

Based on what you mentioned in the other thread, you may want to try the Etnies Joslin.  Pretty wide, not too long, extremely durable.  Like I said, not sure how you feel about soletech, but these may just work for you.

rikki

• Rep: 292
« Reply #284 on: November 16, 2023, 07:46:00 AM »
The NB# 480 toe is pretty wide. I mean, it's definitely not narrow. Opinions may vary, this is based on my personal experience.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2023, 11:41:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Based on what you mentioned in the other thread, you may want to try the Etnies Joslin.  Pretty wide, not too long, extremely durable.  Like I said, not sure how you feel about soletech, but these may just work for you.

+1 for the Josl1n

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2023, 09:10:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

+1 for the Josl1n

MC Raps (Low and High) are also fairly wide in the toe and have more overall room in general. I'd recommend those from etnies as well
Super Champion Fun Zone

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #287 on: November 21, 2023, 09:46:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thank you! I'll have to get my hands on the Joslins.
Marana Fiberlite ran sligthly smaller than the regular Marana for, but not quite half a size. You could try 8.5 in those. The Fiberlite is all I would need if it only was a bit wider.

intendedreceivers

• Rep: 204
« Reply #288 on: November 21, 2023, 10:13:14 PM »

Have you tried the Puig? Similar silhouette up front with a really nice, secure fit around the heel.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #289 on: November 22, 2023, 07:44:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you tried the Puig? Similar silhouette up front with a really nice, secure fit around the heel.

Are these confirmed for wide guys? Always been curious

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #290 on: November 22, 2023, 10:22:35 PM »
Do you guys think a wider toe box shape negatively affects flick? Is flick really such a thing or that big of a deal? It’s gotta be more about technique than shoe, right?

A wider shoe always feels way more stable and safe. I swear by 212s at this point but I just got some Vans Sports which aren’t as wide. Last Vans I had were Rowans and they were not wide enough. Seems like these Sports/Epochs are okay. Now I’m wondering if I’ll notice any flicking differences.
Like maybe at the start flick would feel off but like everything in life you make some small tweaks and get used to it. I don't think i've ever skated shoe that had awful flick for the whole life of the shoe.

Thebird

« Reply #291 on: November 23, 2023, 07:40:43 AM »
Do you guys think a wider toe box shape negatively affects flick? Is flick really such a thing or that big of a deal? It’s gotta be more about technique than shoe, right?

A wider shoe always feels way more stable and safe. I swear by 212s at this point but I just got some Vans Sports which aren’t as wide. Last Vans I had were Rowans and they were not wide enough. Seems like these Sports/Epochs are okay. Now I’m wondering if I’ll notice any flicking differences.

I think the shape of the toebox has more impact on the flick than the width of it, but plenty of other factors come into play as well.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #292 on: November 23, 2023, 08:44:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Are these confirmed for wide guys? Always been curious
[close]

They don’t look like they’d work, would like to be proved wrong, though.

I never got to try them, but the Puig 1s looked good. I’ve been off Adidas for years, feels like nothing fits properly.

Speaking of Adidas though, can anyone recommend the Campus ADVs? They look a little roomy. The first run of Skate Campuses around 09/10 did me well.

I too enjoyed the original run. Bought the Campus x Pop Trading at a wicked discount on a flyer. Not terrible for chilling but i definitely wont be skating them. Barefoot/thin socks only, the footprint of the sole is contoured for an average foot at most imo. More than happy to grab another pair of forum 84s

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #293 on: November 23, 2023, 09:13:14 AM »
How chunky are the Forum 84s on a guy like you and me? I saw the non skate version on a girl with baggy pants and they looked kinda cool.

freidnly guy

• Rep: 18
« Reply #294 on: November 26, 2023, 12:57:32 PM »
I ordered some cheap Omen hi a while back that turned out to be massive, too long but the widest skate shoe I've put on. I'd have to go down half or a full size to skate them but I suspect they'd still be plenty wide. Short round toe like a 212 or sk8 hi.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #295 on: November 26, 2023, 03:47:30 PM »
How chunky are the Forum 84s on a guy like you and me? I saw the non skate version on a girl with baggy pants and they looked kinda cool.

The forum (skate or non-skate) are a surprisingly trim looking shoe on most people. The tongue isn't supper puffy like SB Dunks. Same with the collar: just enough and not super thick. The overall silhouette is more athletic than it is a thick potato. In smaller sizes they do tend to look pretty proportional, baggy or straight fit pants.

The sole looks thick but doesn't feel too thick and they won't seem be big DC bricks on your feet.

I have a pair of non-skate Mid Forums and I love how they look with jeans
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 11:39:32 PM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2024, 01:59:20 PM »
Having just found a 'wide' x-trainer in the Nike Air Zoom TR 1, that isn't tagged as 'wide' I started poking around and landed on the Leo's show; it has the same forefoot shape as the TR1 and is suuuuper comfy in width (it's a pretty wide shoe even midfoot) and that react foam in teh sole; I'm going to have to wear puffy socks.

They (and the TR1) are on par width-wise with Nike's Downshifter 13 (a runner that comes in wide sizes) in the 10.5 'wide' size; for the record, the Downshifter is the first 'wide' shoe I've ever tried on/used.

If you can get over whatever stigma you might have, I'd highly suggest trying on the leos for wide feet.

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #297 on: January 11, 2024, 09:36:54 PM »
Strike mvmnt just came out with a skate shoe. Ryan Gallant on their instagram

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #298 on: January 11, 2024, 09:52:05 PM »
^^ Looks like shit flik if you ask me

However, as something that wears shit like this for working out, I'm totally down to try them...but not for $150...

I've a recent post that goes over this...skaters won't pay cross-trainer prices for how fast these are gonna wear out via skating.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=128874.msg4139490#msg4139490

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2024, 11:06:24 AM »
Strike mvmnt just came out with a skate shoe. Ryan Gallant on their instagram

^^ Looks like shit flik if you ask me

However, as something that wears shit like this for working out, I'm totally down to try them...but not for $150...

I've a recent post that goes over this...skaters won't pay cross-trainer prices for how fast these are gonna wear out via skating.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=128874.msg4139490#msg4139490

I suppose it will depend on what rubber compound/formula the sole is made of and whether it marries with grip tape. They are expensive though.