Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 793586 times)

chris., G_Money and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #5580 on: May 06, 2023, 06:45:57 PM »
All in on 440 v2. That is excellent news.

No one is doing it better right now.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5581 on: May 06, 2023, 07:08:11 PM »

dunc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #5582 on: May 06, 2023, 10:05:43 PM »
440s are perfect.  Just need to improve the endurance of the sole.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

rikki

• Rep: 293
« Reply #5583 on: May 07, 2023, 12:05:14 AM »
People who raw dog 440s with the stock insoles are maniacs!

But I'm also old and broken....

Funnily enough, I'm closer to 50 than 40, and was skeptical about the 440 insole before trying the shoe. No problems so far, amazingly.

Having said that, I do agree with the posters who would like to see a proper insole and some more cushioning for the v2. Make it even better!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #5584 on: May 07, 2023, 12:08:35 AM »
Wish I could find that original white green colorway.  Didn’t realize I had to go down a full size and got cold feet and just returned instead of exchanging

truthislie

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5585 on: May 07, 2023, 12:35:50 AM »
Roth - I take it NB are happy with how the Tiago’s are selling but were they surprised that they would sell SUPER well like they have?

I Wonder about this too. Obvs it’s not janoski level where a lot of non skaters wear it but among skaters it’s very popular. I hope Tiago made/makes a lot of money off of it. That being said I think NB in general right now are the best cupsole on the market. Never tried their vulcs so I can’t comment on that.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5586 on: May 07, 2023, 12:42:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Roth - I take it NB are happy with how the Tiago’s are selling but were they surprised that they would sell SUPER well like they have?
[close]

I Wonder about this too. Obvs it’s not janoski level where a lot of non skaters wear it but among skaters it’s very popular. I hope Tiago made/makes a lot of money off of it. That being said I think NB in general right now are the best cupsole on the market. Never tried their vulcs so I can’t comment on that.
Hope that 808 will remain Forever on their catalogue, is the perfect shoe.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #5587 on: May 07, 2023, 03:45:44 AM »
Zumiez has the wheat 808s for $63. How do they fit in comparison to the 440s? Of course my size 13 is the highest size so I can’t go up 😖

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5588 on: May 07, 2023, 07:29:50 AM »
Zumiez has the wheat 808s for $63. How do they fit in comparison to the 440s? Of course my size 13 is the highest size so I can’t go up 😖
Get them, same.sizing for me
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #5589 on: May 07, 2023, 11:13:47 AM »

Good looks just grabbed my size for $69 I went to TTS or same size I get in 1010 , hoping they fit fine

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #5590 on: May 07, 2023, 12:48:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Coincidently, I’ve been watching tons of old Bonds movies on Hulu recently.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #5591 on: May 07, 2023, 01:54:05 PM »

440s and 1010s fit me perfectly but my big toe is too cramped on size 13 808s so they're not an option for me. 13.5 would probably work well. If you dont have a long ish big toe its probably ok

IpathCats

« Reply #5592 on: May 07, 2023, 02:25:26 PM »
Will 100% try an updated/beefed up 440/440 high if one comes out.

That shoe fit great, but it was just so thin thin that it sort of negated the point of getting a cupsole.

Vans pro/skate series provided more cushioning than the 440s

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #5593 on: May 08, 2023, 05:55:50 AM »

I though I was just being a biiish. Everyone raved how comfy they were. They hurt me feet so damn bad after one sesh they've been in my truck since then. Great looking shoe tho.   

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5594 on: May 08, 2023, 06:22:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I though I was just being a biiish. Everyone raved how comfy they were. They hurt me feet so damn bad after one sesh they've been in my truck since then. Great looking shoe tho.
I'm skating the high ones with an extra crappy insole (the ones form Spanky G6) and it helps a little. Idk how people can skate those stock.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

uesty

• Rep: 95
« Reply #5595 on: May 08, 2023, 08:07:02 AM »
Please don't mess up the 440. It's an amazing shoe as it is.

does v2 have the new "N" i've kind of seen floating around?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #5596 on: May 08, 2023, 09:13:24 AM »
I have arthritis in my knees and the 440 insoles are fine. IMHO, third party ones are kinda overrated and change the fit of shoes. So I don’t bother with them.

With that said, I’m also not jumping down anything. Just skating all flat, mostly cruising and popping ollies.

rothdigga

• Rep: 579
« Reply #5597 on: May 08, 2023, 09:37:55 AM »

I'll be 51 this weekend and I raw dog them!  But then again, I rarely skate anything higher than my local curb spots so I'm not really doing any jumping at all aside from flatground.  But I do enjoy them right out the box. 

rothdigga

• Rep: 579
« Reply #5598 on: May 08, 2023, 09:40:49 AM »
This is a great question and obviously we're super pumped at how well it did.  I think design wise, Jeff saw that a more built up, bulkier shoe was probably overdue in the market and he went for it.  Probably the appeal is that it's so different than what was the trend at the time, so a lot of times doing the opposite of what everyone else does works wonders.  Tiago helps immensely having his name and skating attached to it, so it's an easier leap for people to try and then they get hooked.  I think the best thing is that a ton of skaters have made it "their shoe" that they skate and it's the only shoe they will buy currently, so that's amazing to see. 

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5599 on: May 08, 2023, 09:46:15 AM »
Shame on all of us for not asking this sooner: 417 = new Franky part?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #5600 on: May 08, 2023, 10:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
images of the vegan 440 are not displaying for me. any chance someone could repost or describe? also wondering if it has been disclosed which vulcanized model is getting a vegan colorway?
[close]
hope this works for you

[close]

yes, i see it now.  thank you!
That’s not the vegan one unfortunately, that one is just made using chrome free suede and recycled materials. The vegan 440 is black and gum and so is the vegan 272, the vulc option
Get litty.....

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #5601 on: May 08, 2023, 10:17:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm seeing that NB# are doing a V2 of the 440, but does anyone know what the differences are supposed to be? I didn't get accepted into that test sadly.
[close]
Hopefully the same but with an actual insole and not that napkin
[close]

This!!!! and maybe the bottom of the sole not wear out so quick.
[close]
You're both on to something here...if we were playing a game of hot/cold I would say you're both hot!
[close]
happy to see a brand taking something that works and improving on it, not something that happens anymore. so easy for a shoe company to keep that stat quo or scrap it after a while.
[close]

It probably won’t be, but I hope it’s a little wider of a shoe
You’ll be able to get some color ways of 440v2 in 2E wide width 😉
Get litty.....

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #5602 on: May 08, 2023, 10:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
images of the vegan 440 are not displaying for me. any chance someone could repost or describe? also wondering if it has been disclosed which vulcanized model is getting a vegan colorway?
[close]
hope this works for you

[close]

[close]
That’s not the vegan one unfortunately, that one is just made using chrome free suede and recycled materials. The vegan 440 is black and gum and so is the vegan 272, the vulc option
Ah that makes sense. Vern was wearing the black/white/gum ones in a recent ig reel

LebowskisRug

« Reply #5603 on: May 08, 2023, 11:16:12 AM »
I have arthritis in my knees and the 440 insoles are fine. IMHO, third party ones are kinda overrated and change the fit of shoes. So I don’t bother with them.

With that said, I’m also not jumping down anything. Just skating all flat, mostly cruising and popping ollies.

I use the same Superfeet that NB sells and they only change the fit a tad in the midfoot since they support my arch more. The forefoot is almost identical but much higher density. I highly recommend them and know many people that now use them in 440s. I don't think I know a single person that rolls the stock insole anymore actually.

hayduke lives

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5604 on: May 08, 2023, 11:23:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
hope this works for you

[close]

[close]

thanks for info! i am even more stoked for black and gum 8)

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • Get bent
« Reply #5605 on: May 08, 2023, 12:29:37 PM »
Reynolds posted some screenshots of what looks like his own NB on his insta earlier today, I’m tech illiterate and don’t know how to upload shit otherwise I’d repost it
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

eSK3

« Reply #5606 on: May 08, 2023, 01:10:42 PM »
Reynolds posted some screenshots of what looks like his own NB on his insta earlier today, I’m tech illiterate and don’t know how to upload shit otherwise I’d repost it

Nope not his shoe. Potential leaks not coming until the design is finalized…still 18 months out. RELAX.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #5607 on: May 08, 2023, 01:12:09 PM »
Also came here to post this. It's just a sketch, but shows what he's thinking at least 

eSK3

« Reply #5608 on: May 08, 2023, 01:17:49 PM »
As long as it has NO a resemblance to anything soletech I’ll support. One slight emerica vibe and I’m retiring MF’ing everything NB, even runners.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #5609 on: May 08, 2023, 01:23:28 PM »
Unreasonably excited about 440 v2 and the Reynolds shoe (and whatever overlap there may be)