Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 318570 times)

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #1650 on: April 12, 2022, 06:04:59 PM »
John Fitzgerald tomorrow. Stoked on this one, hoping they mentioned that “One In A Million” he was in with Forest Edwards

I hope not, talk about beating a dead horse.

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #1651 on: April 12, 2022, 06:07:52 PM »
Expand Quote
John Fitzgerald tomorrow. Stoked on this one, hoping they mentioned that “One In A Million” he was in with Forest Edwards
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcRMKZGJBL2/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
[close]

I hope not, talk about beating a dead horse. Nothing good will come out of doing that.
Dont think ive read or seen any other interview of his since then so i guess it’s been talked a bunch probably in past ones?

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1652 on: April 12, 2022, 06:29:20 PM »
His Pals Questions was good.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1968
« Reply #1653 on: April 13, 2022, 03:40:20 PM »
Shaq breached! Shaq breached!

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1654 on: April 13, 2022, 04:56:33 PM »

That and the bed story had me dying.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #1655 on: April 13, 2022, 05:04:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That and the bed story had me dying.

Yes.
Also, I really enjoy the sound of both of their voices, and hearing Cephas’ cackle, fuck, so good.
The Weef episode was a favorite. Rapid Fires with the young folks, before they get all ‘political’ trying to hold onto a career, or have real money in the mix…anyways, weef was very good
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 12:53:15 AM by Ok »

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #1656 on: April 15, 2022, 11:42:21 AM »
john fitzgerald episode was great

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #1657 on: April 15, 2022, 11:44:23 AM »

Man, I was crying at that hahaha

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -289
« Reply #1658 on: April 16, 2022, 01:24:51 PM »

This was amazing haha!

SmilingBoy

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1659 on: April 16, 2022, 05:16:21 PM »
So good lol.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -289
« Reply #1660 on: April 18, 2022, 02:37:45 AM »
when john was rattling all the names of guys who left jamie for alien it made sense for him to be bitter.. it must hurt watching something you have put your life into just be a stepping stone.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #1661 on: April 18, 2022, 04:36:32 AM »
when john was rattling all the names of guys who left jamie for alien it made sense for him to be bitter.. it must hurt watching something you have put your life into just be a stepping stone.

also how fucking stupid are dill and ave?  "you have to quit but you can't say you're going to alien" as if a one month lull after quitting without reason is going to make everyone forget about him riding for and quitting zero.  surely nobody would put together that together.  what a bunch of dumb, spineless jerk offs
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #1662 on: April 18, 2022, 05:18:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

also how fucking stupid are dill and ave?  "you have to quit but you can't say you're going to alien" as if a one month lull after quitting without reason is going to make everyone forget about him riding for and quitting zero.  surely nobody would put together that together.  what a bunch of dumb, spineless jerk offs

Gilbert had quit and so did Donovon in close proximity, and this feels like it wasn't far off that, so I get what they are trying to say. They are skaters though, not actual business men, there's no formula to this, and John wasn't going to wait once he got the green light.

Great episode, probably the best in a while. John spoke very well, and the stories were hilarious. Good season so far.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #1663 on: April 18, 2022, 05:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Gilbert had quit and so did Donovon in close proximity, and this feels like it wasn't far off that, so I get what they are trying to say. They are skaters though, not actual business men, there's no formula to this, and John wasn't going to wait once he got the green light.

Great episode, probably the best in a while. John spoke very well, and the stories were hilarious. Good season so far.

alien was clearly the better fit and it was obviously something they had done multiple times already, but that doesn't stop that they put john in a spot to have a weird conversation with jamie dancing around something that was just eventually going to come out.  if you don't see that you must handle situations similarly?
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #1664 on: April 18, 2022, 05:41:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

alien was clearly the better fit and it was obviously something they had done multiple times already, but that doesn't stop that they put john in a spot to have a weird conversation with jamie dancing around something that was just eventually going to come out.  if you don't see that you must handle situations similarly?

I'm pretty sure there was a lot of clapback from Jamie when Gilbert quit, so it was something they didn't really want to deal with again, and I get that. That's all I'm really saying. Def agree they put John in an awkward position since he doesn't seem to find it that easy to talk or convey himself properly at that age.

and no I've never been in a situation where I've told someone to quit something, but if I do, I'll try not to do it like Ave & Dill did  :P

Just watched this for the first time, which I think would've been his Cold War part. Part looks like it was lifted from Black & White. Great stuff.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1968
« Reply #1665 on: April 18, 2022, 05:56:59 AM »

These stories always make me feel bad for him for a brief moment, and then I remember all the stories of him treating people like shit and that sorta eclipses my sympathy.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #1666 on: April 18, 2022, 11:17:39 AM »
Didn’t he get traded for Boserio?

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #1667 on: April 18, 2022, 11:28:59 AM »
Life splicing era was fire

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1668 on: April 19, 2022, 07:59:30 AM »
I was really hoping they were going to ask him about his recent arrest when a house he was at got raider for making hash oil and he was in federal prison for a long time. 

Glad that got all sorted out, but I was very curious what happened there.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1669 on: April 19, 2022, 08:21:55 AM »
alright cuvey puck butt spill the beans you've fished yourself into this

thebacker

« Reply #1670 on: April 19, 2022, 08:32:33 AM »
I was really hoping they were going to ask him about his recent arrest when a house he was at got raider for making hash oil and he was in federal prison for a long time. 

Glad that got all sorted out, but I was very curious what happened there.

?????

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #1671 on: April 19, 2022, 11:04:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

These stories always make me feel bad for him for a brief moment, and then I remember all the stories of him treating people like shit and that sorta eclipses my sympathy.

Classic case of the common denominator.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #1672 on: April 19, 2022, 03:09:44 PM »
Jimmy Gorecki up tomorrow. Big hat energy on the bunt. Here for it.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #1673 on: April 20, 2022, 05:37:17 AM »
Jimmy Gorecki up tomorrow. Big hat energy on the bunt. Here for it.

Best dude

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1674 on: April 20, 2022, 12:08:18 PM »
the bunt remains the best skate podcast

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1675 on: April 20, 2022, 06:54:00 PM »
the bunt remains the best skate podcast
nine club doesn’t even come close

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1676 on: April 21, 2022, 11:17:45 AM »
jimmy's episode was awesome, love when the guests are well spoken

kind of a testament to how much i've grown to love cepha and dono
while i understand where jimmy lies in the skate world i wouldn't be going out of my way to listen to an interview from him
but the chemistry flowed really well and it made me like jimmy and revisit his skating

bummed this season is almost coming to a close

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #1677 on: April 21, 2022, 12:05:16 PM »

I would pay just to have a weekly Bunt episode year round.

Dono and Cephas, I know ya'll are lurking this thread. Let's make it happen, ya dig?!

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #1678 on: April 21, 2022, 03:59:39 PM »
jimmy's episode was awesome, love when the guests are well spoken

kind of a testament to how much i've grown to love cepha and dono
while i understand where jimmy lies in the skate world i wouldn't be going out of my way to listen to an interview from him
but the chemistry flowed really well and it made me like jimmy and revisit his skating

I know there’s often a lot of negative feelings about the Nine Club on here but if you haven’t listened to it (and are interested) Jimmy’s original Nine Club interview was definitely one of the best ones.  He’s super genuine and insightful.  Worth a listen for Jimmy, his skate stories, and his life experiences. 

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 252
« Reply #1679 on: April 21, 2022, 10:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I would pay just to have a weekly Bunt episode year round.

Dono and Cephas, I know ya'll are lurking this thread. Let's make it happen, ya dig?!

on paper this sounds good but honestly i think the quality would inevitably dwindle. besides, it being released in seasons makes me appreciate it a bit more than other podcasts. I don't ever skip episodes