Author Topic: The Berrics version of SOTY  (Read 9640 times)

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
Re: The Berrics version of SOTY
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 01:28:48 PM »
Expand Quote
No one really gives a shit about this.
[close]

A lot of people don't give a shit about Thrasher's SOTY either.

you really think so? theres like 25 different soty threads on slap throughout each year, and if anyone is too cool to give a shit about awards, its definitely slap.

this berrics award on the other hand, i bet the person who gets it wont even give a shit.

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 722
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 01:40:18 PM »
I regret opening this thread.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2015, 06:14:53 PM »
I don't know about this Steve Berra guy. Seems like a bit of kook. Also, why is everything a competition on the berrics?

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2015, 08:05:55 PM »
Brazilians always fuck up every vote. Hate berrics' pretensions to democracy.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you really think so? theres like 25 different soty threads on slap throughout each year, and if anyone is too cool to give a shit about awards, its definitely slap.

this berrics award on the other hand, i bet the person who gets it wont even give a shit.

I could see everyone of those dudes being stoked if they got it, except maybe wes. Theberrics is more popular than thrasher, its sad but true. If anyone one of those dudes get it, their social media will go through the roof and honestly that's what everyone cares about now a days

Custom skater

• Rep: -80
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2015, 03:38:07 AM »
Guys, the top 3 are currently luan, daewon and t-pud

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2015, 04:25:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I could see everyone of those dudes being stoked if they got it, except maybe wes. Theberrics is more popular than thrasher, its sad but true. If anyone one of those dudes get it, their social media will go through the roof and honestly that's what everyone cares about now a days

Thrasher is way more popular than Berrics, and web polls just show who have the most obsessed fans

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 08:28:56 AM »
This is a joke, you have to register by giving your email to vote. No chance i'm giving berra my contact info to get Zenu pamphlets and DC ads.

logan chase

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2015, 03:01:28 PM »
Scientology mailing lists are infamously hard to get off

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2015, 11:34:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thrasher is way more popular than Berrics, and web polls just show who have the most obsessed fans

if you think thrasher is "way more popular" than theberrics you are living in a different reality

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2015, 02:54:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

if you think thrasher is "way more popular" than theberrics you are living in a different reality

I don't know what you base your claim on, but Thrasher facebook likes 1,4m while berrics 660k and thrasher instagram follows 930k while Berrics 620k.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2015, 06:16:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't know what you base your claim on, but Thrasher facebook likes 1,4m while berrics 660k and thrasher instagram follows 930k while Berrics 620k.

I don't know you are probably right though but i just see kids more obsessed with the berrics than i do with thrasher.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2015, 06:34:03 AM »
Luan will take it again, brazilians votes sucks

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2015, 02:57:13 PM »
I remember a while back Berra bragged about how they were bigger than all the mags then at one point they took down the number of Facebook likes from their videos. I assume it was around the time that thrasher videos started doing way better than theirs. I'm going to vote luan. It'd be funny if he just won every year.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2015, 08:43:49 PM »
Daewon Song won, Nyjah can't catch a break!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2015, 12:20:20 AM »
I back Daewon hard, but no one should ever be named a skater of the year in this era without dropping a legit part (i know he did the berric's transition thing). Him and Nyjah shouldn't even of been on the list. I wonder if Daewon won though cuz Felipe and Luan somehow split the brazillian vote.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2015, 01:58:31 AM »
I back Daewon hard, but no one should ever be named a skater of the year in this era without dropping a legit part (i know he did the berric's transition thing). Him and Nyjah shouldn't even of been on the list. I wonder if Daewon won though cuz Felipe and Luan somehow split the brazillian vote.

It's not a skater of the year award, it's the who gets the most votes award.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2015, 03:06:42 AM »
Dae Wonwon  :D

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2015, 03:11:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's a skater of the year award which people vote on. Its not like people could vote for whoever they wanted, they voted on who they thought was skater of the year based on the Berrics list of candidates, two of which didn't drop a legit part this year.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2015, 06:49:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It's a skater of the year award which people vote on. Its not like people could vote for whoever they wanted, they voted on who they thought was skater of the year based on the Berrics list of candidates, two of which didn't drop a legit part this year.

ben has a point. plus, it's is even called the populist. even if berra meant it to be a rival to thrasher's soty, i don't think it could ever be considered a competitor. skaters are generally not objective and will just vote for their favorite skater instead.

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2015, 11:27:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't know you are probably right though but i just see kids more obsessed with the berrics than i do with thrasher.

and how many dollar this kids spend to read/watch content from the berrics?

in the beginning berrics was really hyped by all the kids, but for the long shot thrasher wins 1000 times.
also the online content from thrasher was very good the last year, how many fullparts?
concerning SOTY, sometimes the final pick of the mag is little obscure because you
see another frontrunner, and some business shit is involved, or you miss some all time favorite.
but at the end all of them stand the test of time.

GoodguyEh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2015, 04:19:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The amount of people on slap is much smaller than the berrics fan base. On their insta theres tons of 14-18 year old kids that eat up all the shit the berrics put out. People seem to think that because something isn't popular on here then it isn't successful. Everyone on here thinks the Plan B video was a waste and will be forgotten about meanwhile it was one of the best selling skate videos on iTunes. You think kids really care about no PJ?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:14:59 PM by GoodguyEh »

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »
Not sure if you guys care, but Bobby W got awarded skater of the month by Nike SB!

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/c/skateboarding

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2015, 05:41:20 PM »
Pjs a perennial finalist in battle at the berries. If kids are stoked on the berrics it seems they'd be bummed on him not having a part.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 12:13:11 AM »
i'm continually amazed at how many mid-twenties, non-kook guys i meet who's only view of skate media is via the berrics