Author Topic: John Fitzgerald AWS life splicing  (Read 17843 times)

shitmeister

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: John Fitzgerald AWS life splicing
« Reply #150 on: January 05, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »
it amazes me how kids can talk shit on this stuff. so goddamn picky. shut the fuck up, who cares what the fuck hes wearing, he fucking RIPS and if you cant see it GTFO

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #151 on: January 05, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
it amazes me how kids can talk shit on this stuff. so goddamn picky. shut the fuck up, who cares what the fuck hes wearing, he fucking RIPS and if you cant see it GTFO

these slap kids are fucking faggots

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 642
« Reply #152 on: January 05, 2013, 09:16:31 PM »
He was far from the one who brought impossibles back, people were already doing them. He just did one over that bench.

but

He took something trendy (boat shoes)

took them to the Nth degree (dress shoes) to the point of where it became laughable

and ran the trend into the ground, resulting in this being the new trend

We've gone from boat shoes, to high fashion, back to vans and dickies.

I think this is the dumbest shit I've ever heard on slap

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2013, 09:27:48 PM »
Expand Quote
He was far from the one who brought impossibles back, people were already doing them. He just did one over that bench.
[close]

Yeah, he was doing them before too.

There's two in this part, this was the first I ever saw of him. It came out before Time to Shine which was like '06. I guess the point is he was always doing them, but grew into being able to do them really well (in my opinion probably the best all time) and that made them "trendy."

got this video with a rasa libre board back in the day.  it was the first time he kind of broke out of the birdhouse/yosiris little kid rail jockey persona and kind of did his own thing.  those black and red dunks were the best.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

zoltan

« Reply #154 on: January 06, 2013, 12:00:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, he was doing them before too.

There's two in this part, this was the first I ever saw of him. It came out before Time to Shine which was like '06. I guess the point is he was always doing them, but grew into being able to do them really well (in my opinion probably the best all time) and that made them "trendy."

that song sucks, its all about this version

Clintmott lover

• Rep: -3
« Reply #155 on: January 06, 2013, 12:27:13 AM »
not bad

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2013, 03:46:28 AM »
1) Doing impossibles does not make you original unless you are Ed Templeton. Even if it did, doing one trick before it was popular doesn't mean you are a trend setter. Also, I feel like there was somebody else who was bringing impossibles back before Dylan.
2) Dylan. is the biggest trend jumper there has ever been. When rails were big he skated rails, when parks suddenly started coming back he was suddenly skating transition all the time, New York skating becomes popular and guess who moves to NYC? I'm not saying he isn't talented or stylish or that doing something like impossibling over that bench in New York isn't sick, but I am saying he's not original and seems to have an approach to skating that reflects whatever type of skating is popular at the time. Also, he dresses like a trendy hipster doofus.
3) People were defending Terpening after one of my posts, that's a misinterpretation, I love that dude's skating and wasn't trying to knock him.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2013, 05:33:39 AM »
1) Doing impossibles does not make you original unless you are Ed Templeton. Even if it did, doing one trick before it was popular doesn't mean you are a trend setter. Also, I feel like there was somebody else who was bringing impossibles back before Dylan.
2) Dylan. is the biggest trend jumper there has ever been. When rails were big he skated rails, when parks suddenly started coming back he was suddenly skating transition all the time, New York skating becomes popular and guess who moves to NYC? I'm not saying he isn't talented or stylish or that doing something like impossibling over that bench in New York isn't sick, but I am saying he's not original and seems to have an approach to skating that reflects whatever type of skating is popular at the time. Also, he dresses like a trendy hipster doofus.
3) People were defending Terpening after one of my posts, that's a misinterpretation, I love that dude's skating and wasn't trying to knock him.

When rail skating was big he was a little kid doing what was popular because thats what little kids do. When parks and shit were coming back he was what like 16-17? getting older trying different things, pretty healthy attitude for somebody that age, no? Moves to new york when he is what like 20-22 or something? seems like a pretty understandable thing for somebody of his age and interests to want to do. I'm not saying he is some GREAT ORIGINAL but your argument is just putting such a willfully negative spin on the facts. Do you expect the dude to be like "I'd love to move to new york and I have friends there and It'd probably be great for my career but fuck, I don't wanna be biting the millions of people that live in new york, shots played out" I think you probably coulda just reduced your argument to "I don't like Dylan Rieder cus of clothes he wears"

SheepShagger

« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2013, 08:25:44 AM »

How dumb are you?  Hipsters don't dress trendy because then they wouldn't be hip. What you probably think is hip was hip a few years ago already. Like people that think hipsters wear trucker hats.  Furthermore, the most trendy shit right now is work/"heritage" wear. Dylan doesn't dress in either. He's stylish. What do you wear? Orange t-shirts and Old Navy cargoes? Seriously I'd like to know how you dress and are "above" style.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:29:55 AM by SheepShagger »

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2013, 10:35:28 AM »
some gnarly spots for sure, but the comparisons to BA are a joke.  BA oozed flow and style from the beginning, skates switch fluently, flips the board beautifully. this dudes arms  are a little too funky chicken.  he's kinda gangly and spastic whereas BA had the slo-mo floaty-ness for days.  But he is a tall white man so i'll give you that. 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2013, 02:20:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When rail skating was big he was a little kid doing what was popular because thats what little kids do. When parks and shit were coming back he was what like 16-17? getting older trying different things, pretty healthy attitude for somebody that age, no? Moves to new york when he is what like 20-22 or something? seems like a pretty understandable thing for somebody of his age and interests to want to do. I'm not saying he is some GREAT ORIGINAL but your argument is just putting such a willfully negative spin on the facts. Do you expect the dude to be like "I'd love to move to new york and I have friends there and It'd probably be great for my career but fuck, I don't wanna be biting the millions of people that live in new york, shots played out" I think you probably coulda just reduced your argument to "I don't like Dylan Rieder cus of clothes he wears"
I actually didn't even say I don't like Dylan Rieder. Your argument could have been "I love Dylan so much that I am willing to rationalize anything and everything he does."  You made up a fake quote attributed to him and then asked me too argue against it. It was a reverse strawman and it was incredible. I'm curious how moving away from the center of the skateboard industry to the latest trendy skate town is good for a skateboarder's career. Also,  Its amazing how he manages to be at the exact age where you think it would make sense for him to switch things up 6 months after the way he changes himself to be becomes popular. The kid is a trend hopper, it doesn't mean he isn't talented, it does mean he is completely unoriginal.

Can somebody take care of banning annoying little sheep shagger? He's just kind of aggressively stupid. Kinda like strike a pose, but more intentional.

my pregnant head

• Rep: 13
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I actually didn't even say I don't like Dylan Rieder. Your argument could have been "I love Dylan so much that I am willing to rationalize anything and everything he does."  You made up a fake quote attributed to him and then asked me too argue against it. It was a reverse strawman and it was incredible. I'm curious how moving away from the center of the skateboard industry to the latest trendy skate town is good for a skateboarder's career. Also,  Its amazing how he manages to be at the exact age where you think it would make sense for him to switch things up 6 months after the way he changes himself to be becomes popular. The kid is a trend hopper, it doesn't mean he isn't talented, it does mean he is completely unoriginal.

Can somebody take care of banning annoying little sheep shagger? He's just kind of aggressively stupid. Kinda like strike a pose, but more intentional.

Ok, to take a play out of your book. I didn't even say I loved dylan rider so much. I think tucking your cold-wave band tshirt into your black jeans and mincing around with a skull ring is lame, I also think impossibling over benches is gnarly. Dude is a great skater but I wouldnt say "one of my favorites".

If he continues to produce footage of the quality he has been doing I don't think moving away from L.A will do him much harm and I more meant if he continues to fuck around with fashion shit and like peddling alligator skulls with some other dudes with slick-back hair-do's (which he is clearly into, more power to him) then maybe its the better place for him. I was more saying how absurd it was you were hating on somebody in their mid-twenties for moving to new york. There are ten thousand reasons for somebody to do that other than being a "trend-hopper"

I was speculating about the ages, I just thought they sounded about right. I didn't fact check because I don't invest nearly as much of myself to this site as you do and probably more importantly don't have such a terrible fear of and reaction to somebody having the gall to correct me. I'm not intending on dragging on this bitching match even after you make your dipshit self satisfied reply as I know you are just so petty you would never concede an inch no matter what I said. Love the idea of the ban though, man. What's the charge? Just disagreeing with you?

And sheepshagger?? Where do you think I'm from?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »
its funny when people write essays about how they don't put any effort into their responses.

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2013, 06:34:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Ok, to take a play out of your book. I didn't even say I loved dylan rider so much. I think tucking your cold-wave band tshirt into your black jeans and mincing around with a skull ring is lame, I also think impossibling over benches is gnarly. Dude is a great skater but I wouldnt say "one of my favorites".

If he continues to produce footage of the quality he has been doing I don't think moving away from L.A will do him much harm and I more meant if he continues to fuck around with fashion shit and like peddling alligator skulls with some other dudes with slick-back hair-do's (which he is clearly into, more power to him) then maybe its the better place for him. I was more saying how absurd it was you were hating on somebody in their mid-twenties for moving to new york. There are ten thousand reasons for somebody to do that other than being a "trend-hopper"

I was speculating about the ages, I just thought they sounded about right. I didn't fact check because I don't invest nearly as much of myself to this site as you do and probably more importantly don't have such a terrible fear of and reaction to somebody having the gall to correct me. I'm not intending on dragging on this bitching match even after you make your dipshit self satisfied reply as I know you are just so petty you would never concede an inch no matter what I said. Love the idea of the ban though, man. What's the charge? Just disagreeing with you?

And sheepshagger?? Where do you think I'm from?

Amen.

SheepShagger

« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I actually didn't even say I don't like Dylan Rieder. Your argument could have been "I love Dylan so much that I am willing to rationalize anything and everything he does."  You made up a fake quote attributed to him and then asked me too argue against it. It was a reverse strawman and it was incredible. I'm curious how moving away from the center of the skateboard industry to the latest trendy skate town is good for a skateboarder's career. Also,  Its amazing how he manages to be at the exact age where you think it would make sense for him to switch things up 6 months after the way he changes himself to be becomes popular. The kid is a trend hopper, it doesn't mean he isn't talented, it does mean he is completely unoriginal.

Way to avoid the question. When people complain about others being "hipsters" it's always because they themselves feel inferior. As someone with no sense of occasion or personal style or taste, you should refrain from commenting from such matters in the future, catamite.  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:45:39 PM by SheepShagger »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: January 06, 2013, 07:46:41 PM »
shhhhhhhhhh

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
I think tucking your cold-wave band tshirt into your black jeans and mincing around with a skull ring is lame,

lol
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

foureyedjim

« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2013, 12:24:09 AM »
Dylan Reider Trend Splicing

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2013, 06:33:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

but

He took something trendy (boat shoes)

took them to the Nth degree (dress shoes) to the point of where it became laughable

and ran the trend into the ground, resulting in this being the new trend

We've gone from boat shoes, to high fashion, back to vans and dickies.

[close]
2:03 is still the best Impossible variation done since the trick was created.

[close]
Shave my ass and call me Curly!  FUCK I can't believe I've never noticed that trick before. 
Impossible Noseblunt?!?!?!  FUCK!  Gnar Boots!  Has anyone else ever done that???  I can't fuckin' think of any.
Bert Wootton does one on a handrail in the new Cosmic Vomit
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2013, 07:03:46 AM »
how did a thread about a rad little video clip turn into yet another bout of crying about dylan. Fuck off with that shit dudes..

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2013, 07:56:46 AM »
It's slap.....

I like this kid more than his girl/choc counterpart Elijah......

TheRealDeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
    • TMKF VIDEO avatar image
« Reply #171 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:21 AM »

What do you wear? Orange t-shirts and Old Navy cargoes?
[/quote]

That made me chuckle.  I watched the movie "Norman" last night and now I can't help but picture The Gipper as the English teacher.

But this is a John Fitzgerald thread at 6 pages so we should be discussing the Civil War or the Council on Foreign Relations ...too much of the same shit has been said about Dylan.

e.d.

• Rep: 65
« Reply #172 on: January 07, 2013, 10:21:50 AM »
this thread is horrible. if i delete it (i started it) will all these dumb posts disappear as well? ???

Brent212

• Rep: 1
« Reply #173 on: January 07, 2013, 01:59:10 PM »
When people complain about others being "hipsters" it's always because they themselves feel inferior. As someone with no sense of occasion or personal style or taste, you should refrain from commenting from such matters in the future, catamite.  

Ha ha, style is the last thing hipster clowns have. No one could possibly feel inferior to a group of people who, in general, have such an embarrassing appearance.

SheepShagger

« Reply #174 on: January 07, 2013, 02:07:57 PM »
Expand Quote
When people complain about others being "hipsters" it's always because they themselves feel inferior. As someone with no sense of occasion or personal style or taste, you should refrain from commenting from such matters in the future, catamite.  
[close]

Ha ha, style is the last thing hipster clowns have. No one could possibly feel inferior to a group of people who, in general, have such an embarrassing appearance.

::)

I bet you couldn't describe a hipster.

Phil

• Rep: -48
« Reply #175 on: January 07, 2013, 03:53:51 PM »
Woah the ghost of Pappalardo in this clip. (2:42)

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2013, 05:41:03 PM »
this thread is horrible. if i delete it (i started it) will all these dumb posts disappear as well? ???

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »
You know I've made an accurate point that pisses people off when it becomes an ad hominem pile on.

TheRealDeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
    • TMKF VIDEO avatar image
« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2013, 09:12:28 PM »
Ah, The Gip that keeps on Gipping.

Every time I see you respond with your  "ad hominem" catch phrase I cringe like I do when I'm flipping through a mag and see a Red Dragons or TORK TRUX ad.

Even though I like fucking with you, I wasn't trying to pile on, I was trying to move on.  But I guess we can keep on track with the hipster thing if you don't want to talk about gun control or something else...

You back Lee Yankou real hard ...and indeed he rips like a motherfucker...but is he a hipster?  He might not tuck his shirt in, but those cuffs are something else..his impossibles are alright, too.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #179 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:09 PM »
This thread isn't fun to read anymore

nothing's been the since same