Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 800656 times)

rothdigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 588
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1950 on: June 01, 2020, 10:23:58 AM »
Hey Roth, any news regarding NB# returning to Chile?
I'm starting to lose all hope :(
Sorry man, our planned trip down to South America to work on distribution and everything else was in early March and got cancelled due to the virus.  We're just waiting on travel to open back up so we can come down, visit and make plans as needed. 

rothdigga

« Reply #1951 on: June 01, 2020, 10:24:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How are the 213? They Look good.. are they super thin?

being eye off a black pair..  I skate cupsoles usually wondering if it's going to be a mistake
And my feet will hate me
[close]

213's are a bit thin on the upper, it's a mid top but not a bulky mid on the upper.  If you're very used to cupsoles, this isn't going to give you a lot of cushion compared to a cup...that's just the reality of vulc vs cup.  I like thinner shoes and will switch back and forth between vulcs (Foy's sometimes) and cups (288s and 440's are my go to).  We do have a cupsole hi-top coming down the road later this year but not til the Holiday season.
[close]

I bought the 213's anyway and I'm pretty stoked on first impression

I like that they have enough padding and shape to them so they don't have that shitty chuck Taylor look that a lot of high-mid canvas vulcs do

Now if it would only stop raining

Edit: I was ten dollars away from free shipping so I through a new balance athletics tshirt
In the basket for the sake of it you guys make some nice feeling t-shirts

Sorry to treat this thread like customer feedback but I'm pretty happy

I back the customer feedback!  Keep it coming. 

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1952 on: June 01, 2020, 01:07:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I might be in the minority here but I really like the 255. I wish they would bring back the Black/gum color way

[close]
I had the all white leather ones, such a great shoe.
[close]

I had the old 250 which i can imagine is worse than these but it was still a great shoe. skated like a true vulc should

The 255 was the only vulc shoe I have had which kept its original shape for the entire life of the shoe. It was solid. The only complaint is that the sole was a little hard in the forefoot. I have some white/gum on the way.
How much for an order of ribs?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1954 on: June 01, 2020, 09:26:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey Roth, any news regarding NB# returning to Chile?
I'm starting to lose all hope :(
[close]
Sorry man, our planned trip down to South America to work on distribution and everything else was in early March and got cancelled due to the virus.  We're just waiting on travel to open back up so we can come down, visit and make plans as needed.
Thanks for that little light at the end of this extremely long tunnel.
Before moving I was skating only on NB# and damn it was good.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1955 on: June 02, 2020, 10:11:02 PM »
I might be in the minority here but I really like the 255. I wish they would bring back the Black/gum color way

Roth, this is one of the best vulc shoes on the market & it's not allowed to leave the NB# lineup... yep, not allowed to leave.

Best vulc shoe you've got & better than most anything else on the market.

Thin sole w/ a padded upper, perfect for my crumbling mid-30's feet...

Again, Not... Allowed... To... Leave...

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1956 on: June 03, 2020, 12:12:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Roth, this is one of the best vulc shoes on the market & it's not allowed to leave the NB# lineup... yep, not allowed to leave.

I second this. 255 is a fucking gem. Love that little longer than usual tongue.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rothdigga

« Reply #1957 on: June 03, 2020, 02:43:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ross,
Understood and I will pass that along to our designer and product manager.  I have seen the line through all of 2021 and I can confirm it will still be there then, so that's a minimum of another year and a half of that shoe sticking around, but most likely much longer. 

Crabby_Bastard

« Reply #1958 on: June 03, 2020, 06:42:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ross,
Understood and I will pass that along to our designer and product manager.  I have seen the line through all of 2021 and I can confirm it will still be there then, so that's a minimum of another year and a half of that shoe sticking around, but most likely much longer.

And how about some more all suede versions. The canvas/suede doesn't hold up as well.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

SteveStuart

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1960 on: June 03, 2020, 08:47:18 PM »
Is there a set release date for the 1010 yet??!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1961 on: June 03, 2020, 10:00:22 PM »

August now.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

larryhagman

« Reply #1962 on: June 04, 2020, 12:49:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ross,
I really liked my pair and might get another. I especially liked the heel construction and material where it's easy to put on and doesn't wear out but locks you in without biting your achilles, same as was with the #358 which I really liked as well.
Recently I got a pair of #379 which don't have that but I haven't skated them yet so no premature judgment.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1963 on: June 04, 2020, 12:40:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ross,

Roth,
Always Appreciated
<3<3<3

Crabby_Bastard

« Reply #1964 on: June 04, 2020, 01:00:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ross,
[close]
I really liked my pair and might get another. I especially liked the heel construction and material where it's easy to put on and doesn't wear out but locks you in without biting your achilles, same as was with the #358 which I really liked as well.
Recently I got a pair of #379 which don't have that but I haven't skated them yet so no premature judgment.

The heel construction is the top feature of the shoe. I suffer from chronic Achilles tendonitis and these shoes help keep it in check.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1965 on: June 04, 2020, 03:42:53 PM »
Currently in the 306, the 255 going to be the same size?

I will say the info about the heel has me intrigued. I get really bad heel pain after a session in almost all shoes, for the westgates and the heel is too high and I can tell I won’t be able to skate them for long periods because of that.  Comfy otherwise
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 03:44:25 PM by Esmith5488 »

Crabby_Bastard

« Reply #1966 on: June 04, 2020, 08:08:50 PM »

I will say the info about the heel has me intrigued. I get really bad heel pain after a session in almost all shoes, for the westgates and the heel is too high and I can tell I won’t be able to skate them for long periods because of that.  Comfy otherwise

I haven't had the 306 but I get the 255 a half size bigger than I get in Lakai, Vans, and Nike vulc shoes.

SteveStuart

« Reply #1967 on: June 04, 2020, 08:24:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

August now.

oh :( I was hoping still July as scheduled

August is confirmed?

I guess I will have to look at some other shoes for the summer

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1968 on: June 05, 2020, 01:50:15 AM »
Being based on a running shoe does anyone know if the 420s have some heel drop and a wide toe box?

Being an old man skater and former minimalist shoe runner, i struggle with having splayed toes and and a temperamental Achilles which I abused over the years. I now generally wear running shoes most of the time, with some arch support, so thought the 420s might be a nice skate alternative. The only shoe which i could wear which didn't need a foot recovery session, or i could wear not skating was the wino G6, but that's about the insole IMHO, and they went floppy very quickly and the  outsole wore through very fast.

I had a pair of the 255s, which were solid and the heel was so comfortable, but the shoe proved to be too narrow, and too flat and i gave up on them. I now like to have some heel to toe drop, which is ironic as i had formerly run MILES in zero shoes (remember the NB Minimus). Tried on the 379s, but the were a bit voluminous in the midfoot. The Arto's look nice (and he is an older chap like myself) but are hard to find at the moment, and again not sure if they offer any kind of drop and arch support.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 09:18:06 AM by JK42 »

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1969 on: June 05, 2020, 05:19:34 AM »
Being based on a running shoe does anyone know if the 420s have some heel drop and a wide toe box?

Being an old man skater and former minimalist shoe runner, i struggle with having splayed toes and and a temperamental Achilles. I generally wear running shoes with some arch support, so thought the 420s might be a nice skate alternative. The only shoe which i could wear which didn't need a foot recovery session, or i could wear not skating was the wino G6, but that's about the insole IMHO, and they went floppy very quickly and the  outsole wore through very fast.

I had a pair of the 255s, which were solid and the heel was so comfortable, but the shoe proved to be too narrow, and too flat and i gave up on them. I like a heel toe drop, which is ironic as i have formally run MILES in zero shoes (remember the NB Minimus). Tried on the 379s, but the were a bit voluminous in the midfoot. The Arto's look nice (and he is an older chap like myself) but are hard to find at the moment, and again not sure if they offer any kind of drop and arch support.

I never wore 420's for a long period, but I ordered a pair online and sent them back due to sizing. In my recollection, there was very little (if any) heel drop. When I sent them back, the NB site didn't have 420's in the size I needed, so I got 440's, and they have a noticeable heel drop. I noticed this because I wear orthotics, so any heel drop puts me on my tippy toes. Little or no arch support in either shoe (I can't think of a skate shoe that has any, though). 440's are pretty popular on Slap, but I wish I had just waited to get the right size in 420's - I didn't like the 440's at all. Toebox was too long, and I found the sole too thin in the forefoot.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #1970 on: June 05, 2020, 05:22:06 AM »

The 306 has a wider toe box, but I still wear the same size in both.  While I'm at it the 255 sole is grippier and more durable.  But the 306 upper is more durable than 255.  The 255 hurts my feet, the 306 doesn't so much.

Being an old man skater and former minimalist shoe runner, i struggle with having splayed toes and and a temperamental Achilles.

I wear minimalist shoes outside of skating too and hate narrow shoes.  Lately I've been doing cupsoles without insoles to reduce height and increase room.  I thought the 420s were narrow and too stiff.  I think the 288S is the best shoe out there currently and wear it 1/2 small with no insole.  Both the Westgate and the 288S have decently wide toeboxes in my opinion.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #1971 on: June 05, 2020, 07:19:02 AM »

Being an old man skater and former minimalist shoe runner, i struggle with having splayed toes and and a temperamental Achilles. I generally wear running shoes with some arch support, so thought the 420s might be a nice skate alternative. The only shoe which i could wear which didn't need a foot recovery session, or i could wear not skating was the wino G6, but that's about the insole IMHO, and they went floppy very quickly and the  outsole wore through very fast.

I had a pair of the 255s, which were solid and the heel was so comfortable, but the shoe proved to be too narrow, and too flat and i gave up on them. I like a heel toe drop, which is ironic as i have formally run MILES in zero shoes (remember the NB Minimus). Tried on the 379s, but the were a bit voluminous in the midfoot. The Arto's look nice (and he is an older chap like myself) but are hard to find at the moment, and again not sure if they offer any kind of drop and arch support.

The 420 only looks the part. It's not especially well cushioned and there are weird striations in the strobel that I could feel through the insole. The 913 is better.

I still preferred The Reynolds Low, which was narrower but I'm out of those.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #1972 on: June 10, 2020, 09:30:10 AM »
Got a pair of 213's in the mail yesterday. Never had any of the NB vulc shoes before these, they feel great right out of the box like they should. I was looking for something that looks similar to the black hightops with white stitching that Gil has been skating in on Insta, but I'm generally skeptical of any cupsole Vans shoes. I went with the 213 Franky Villani colorway instead, black with gray stitching and they come with white laces too. The canvas and suede feel really high quality and they had that amazing new shoe smell too. I went a half size down as per Roth's advice and they fit awesome on my weird wide feet. Highly recommended

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #1973 on: June 10, 2020, 09:39:48 AM »
The suede ollie patch and heel look very cool on those. I think they do a low top version as well. Good for wide feet then?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1974 on: June 10, 2020, 09:44:44 AM »
interested in 212 for sure

if someone has a size 4 or 6 or a gf or wife or something, grab these 440 for $22.49
https://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/product/nm440/nm440dbl

SteveStuart

« Reply #1975 on: June 13, 2020, 10:23:32 AM »
ended up ordering some DC Legacy 98 Vac for very cheap!!

excited to get back in some cupsoles and first DCs in almost 20 years

while I wait for the Tiago 1010!

Can't deal with flimsy 306 vulcs but I'm old now

DaCeLeRyMaN

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1976 on: June 13, 2020, 10:33:45 AM »
Anyone know if there’s an ETA for the 1010’s yet? Or price?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1977 on: June 13, 2020, 11:13:38 AM »

Probably still August. Supposed to be July.

$100.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #1978 on: June 13, 2020, 01:03:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

$100.

Are the Westgate 913s dropping some in price? See them from 89-99 and doesn't make sense having two cups at that PP.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #1979 on: June 13, 2020, 01:46:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

$100.
[close]

Are the Westgate 913s dropping some in price? See them from 89-99 and doesn't make sense having two cups at that PP.
Weren't the Westgates $90 to begin with or were they $100?
Either way, since 913 and 1010 are one tech level apart, I imagine the price will be a $5 or $10 difference between them but idk. Was thinking thecl same as you since they'll almost compete with each other. Wasn't the 868 $100 or $110 when they released it?
Super Champion Fun Zone