Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798832 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6630 on: September 12, 2023, 03:05:36 PM »
Looks like the Reynolds 480s drop on 9/15 at skateshops and on 9/18 on NB's website

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/nb-numeric-480/NM480V1-46050.html?dwvar_NM480V1-46050_style=NM480BOS

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #6631 on: September 12, 2023, 04:45:07 PM »
how rare is this colorway going to be in the future, is it a bite the bullet and stock up situation?

OhioGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #6632 on: September 12, 2023, 04:50:57 PM »
how rare is this colorway going to be in the future, is it a bite the bullet and stock up situation?
Do they ever go back and make more of a certain colorway? I feel like when they’re gone, they’re gone.

With that said, I think you’ll be able to find them a month after release. You can still get the other two colors with a quick Google search.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6633 on: September 12, 2023, 04:58:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Do they ever go back and make more of a certain colorway? I feel like when they’re gone, they’re gone.

With that said, I think you’ll be able to find them a month after release. You can still get the other two colors with a quick Google search.

yeah the only one off the top of my head is the beef & broccoli 1010 that got a second run. maybe one of the other nb models has but i can't think of any
fingers crossed for my wallet

marcusbutler

• Rep: 40
« Reply #6634 on: September 12, 2023, 05:01:12 PM »
440 heads> just copped some black synth ones and while there is wiggle room for my toes, they still feel mad tight, do they loosen up a bit after breaking in? I feel like +0.5 size up would be too baggy from the get go…

Skating in them right now. The synthetic part just rips off lol. Worst pair i've skated in yet. Just due to the synthetic part.
We rode 7.5's" and didn't complain.

disparatethoughts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #6635 on: September 12, 2023, 05:51:53 PM »
How are the 1010s compared to the 440 high? I really like the 440 but would like to try a more traditional cupsole

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6636 on: September 12, 2023, 06:43:19 PM »
Tbh I don’t think the reynolds colorway will last. The orange and blue 480’s are sporadic sizes around shops still at best

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6637 on: September 12, 2023, 08:58:29 PM »
How are the 1010s compared to the 440 high? I really like the 440 but would like to try a more traditional cupsole

They're quite different. The 1010 has actual foam in the forefoot and more of a midsole as well as much more padded heel. The shoe is just bulkier all around, however, it softens up a lot and becomes decently flexible.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6638 on: September 12, 2023, 10:00:59 PM »
440 is basically a vulc shoe in the forefoot. Hate it took me so long to realize it. My knees hurt a lot less skating the 480. I do a lot of pushing and need cushioning while striking the ground.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6639 on: September 12, 2023, 10:04:53 PM »

Both have large N’s on them…..that is close to the only similarity…..

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #6640 on: September 13, 2023, 05:36:40 AM »
Expand Quote
440 heads> just copped some black synth ones and while there is wiggle room for my toes, they still feel mad tight, do they loosen up a bit after breaking in? I feel like +0.5 size up would be too baggy from the get go…
[close]

Skating in them right now. The synthetic part just rips off lol. Worst pair i've skated in yet. Just due to the synthetic part.
really? I’m not harsh on shoes at all so it probably won’t be an issue but I just find them a tad tight even though lengthwise I shouldn’t … did you go the same size as other pairs you’ve purchased?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

disparatethoughts

« Reply #6641 on: September 13, 2023, 08:55:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're quite different. The 1010 has actual foam in the forefoot and more of a midsole as well as much more padded heel. The shoe is just bulkier all around, however, it softens up a lot and becomes decently flexible.

440 is basically a vulc shoe in the forefoot. Hate it took me so long to realize it. My knees hurt a lot less skating the 480. I do a lot of pushing and need cushioning while striking the ground.

Expand Quote
[close]

Hm. So essentially it's a bulkier, more padded shoe, cool. Last question then, how's the boardfeel? 440s have a good boardfeel to support tradeoff ratio I can live with.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #6642 on: September 13, 2023, 09:43:19 AM »
I went from skating a pair of the 440 highs to a pair of the 1010s. The 1010s have much less board feel, especially when you first start skating them, but I got used to it very quickly. It was a very good tradeoff to have way more support and cushioning versus being able to fee my board as much.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6643 on: September 13, 2023, 10:42:34 AM »
I went from skating a pair of the 440 highs to a pair of the 1010s. The 1010s have much less board feel, especially when you first start skating them, but I got used to it very quickly. It was a very good tradeoff to have way more support and cushioning versus being able to fee my board as much.
For me is the opposite. 1010 have much more boardfeel coming from 808 😅
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6644 on: September 13, 2023, 11:26:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hm. So essentially it's a bulkier, more padded shoe, cool. Last question then, how's the boardfeel? 440s have a good boardfeel to support tradeoff ratio I can live with.

At first it will feel wack, but as they break in and become flexible its actually pretty damn good for a shoe that thick. It's not 440 sensitive, but IMO its more than a Blazer, more than 808, and more than the new 480. In terms of NB cups that I. have tried on or skated it would go 508, 440, 1010, 480, 808 and for me better than a Dunk or Jordan.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6645 on: September 13, 2023, 01:28:23 PM »
Tried the 1010 insole in the 480s trick today someone mentioned today and it makes the shoe feel a lot more like the thickness I would like for skating in than the 480 Abzorb insole does if anyone is wondering. Thanks for that suggestion whoever made it.

Also it did take me quite a bit of break in time on my 480s where at first they felt a little stiffer and snug on my foot than I liked but swapping out to longer laces that I could tie them looser and breaking them in good goddamn are they feeling nice right now.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
« Reply #6646 on: September 13, 2023, 01:54:07 PM »
Looks like the general consensus is tts on the 480s right? I'm going to buy the reynolds colorway from my local but will do it online to ensure I get a pair...

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6647 on: September 13, 2023, 02:37:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah the only one off the top of my head is the beef & broccoli 1010 that got a second run. maybe one of the other nb models has but i can't think of any
Don't forget the Slap edition of the 440! That was a reup of previous season's colorway.

What part of the west side?  Brooklyn Projects is not very close
Sorry @Atiba Applebum I somehow got unsubbed to this thread. I am technically in Helms but I dunno if that rings any bells. Culver City art district adjacent as in across the street is a CC zip and I am on the other side in an LA zip. If you know of any decent shops over here that I am overlooking please let me know!
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6648 on: September 13, 2023, 02:48:06 PM »
Tried the 1010 insole in the 480s trick today someone mentioned today and it makes the shoe feel a lot more like the thickness I would like for skating in than the 480 Abzorb insole does if anyone is wondering. Thanks for that suggestion whoever made it.

Also it did take me quite a bit of break in time on my 480s where at first they felt a little stiffer and snug on my foot than I liked but swapping out to longer laces that I could tie them looser and breaking them in good goddamn are they feeling nice right now.

How long was your break in time?

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6649 on: September 13, 2023, 03:19:47 PM »
Here's a look at the Reynolds 480:

https://youtu.be/nFdn-2AZwK8?si=_Ht0311eWHHYtklr

Edit: I still don't understand the embed system on this forum. It's so janky, like this place hasn't been updated in decades lol

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #6650 on: September 13, 2023, 03:21:47 PM »

If this isn’t enough to get og NB# rider Tom K a shoe, I don’t know what is

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #6651 on: September 13, 2023, 03:25:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Don't forget the Slap edition of the 440! That was a reup of previous season's colorway.

Expand Quote
[close]
Sorry @Atiba Applebum I somehow got unsubbed to this thread. I am technically in Helms but I dunno if that rings any bells. Culver City art district adjacent as in across the street is a CC zip and I am on the other side in an LA zip. If you know of any decent shops over here that I am overlooking please let me know!

I think they’re some Xtreme Boardshops in Culver that carry NB.   Never been there in person, just looked at their IG, so I don’t know if it’s more Zumiez than Pharmacy

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6652 on: September 13, 2023, 03:36:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

oh wow yeah my bad, seems like so long ago now haha

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #6653 on: September 13, 2023, 04:08:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I think they’re some Xtreme Boardshops in Culver that carry NB.   Never been there in person, just looked at their IG, so I don’t know if it’s more Zumiez than Pharmacy
That one is at Fox Hills Mall so it's pretty Zumie. I think that may be the problem; that mall had, last time I went there pre-Covid, Xtreme, a Zumiez and a Vans store so maybe if you look at it on paper, the area is overserved. Xtreme reminds me of the mall stores I shopped at in Texas in the late 80s. Pretty lifestyle oriented and corporate but at least they have this season's gear and the people working the counter skate/d.

It does blow my mind that there's not at least one core shop over here. Tons of kids skate in my neighborhood. We got an ice cream truck that sells bearings and hardware because we don't have a core shop. It's weird. I do appreciate your help though!
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

disparatethoughts

« Reply #6654 on: September 13, 2023, 05:55:56 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

At first it will feel wack, but as they break in and become flexible its actually pretty damn good for a shoe that thick. It's not 440 sensitive, but IMO its more than a Blazer, more than 808, and more than the new 480. In terms of NB cups that I. have tried on or skated it would go 508, 440, 1010, 480, 808 and for me better than a Dunk or Jordan.

Tight, thanks guys, much appreciated

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
« Reply #6655 on: September 13, 2023, 06:15:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How long was your break in time?

Pretty long to get them feeling exactly how I wanted. I'd say like 8 full days at work walking around. Haven't skated them yet just because I'm feeling the shoes I'm currently skating but yeah took awhile. Not saying they weren't good before, but now they're starting to feel perfect for how I like them.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6656 on: September 13, 2023, 10:20:51 PM »

If this isn’t enough to get og NB# rider Tom K a shoe, I don’t know what is
I agree, a Tom K pro model would be nice.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6657 on: September 14, 2023, 06:42:39 AM »
But how many pro models de we need? It’s a balance between the mainline models and pro models

Franky
Foy
Tiago
Westgate
Tom Knox (soon)
Reynolds (on the way)

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6658 on: September 14, 2023, 07:24:02 AM »
But how many pro models de we need? It’s a balance between the mainline models and pro models

Franky
Foy
Tiago
Westgate
Tom Knox (soon)
Reynolds (on the way)

struggling to see the logic in this post

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6659 on: September 14, 2023, 07:42:33 AM »
There hasn't been a bad NB pro model shoe so I say bring em on.