Author Topic: shoe review  (Read 367 times)

mrselfdestruct

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • fresh
shoe review
« on: May 02, 2024, 10:34:59 AM »
wanted to make a thread for slappers that wanted to post skate shoe reviews. i think skate shoe review vids are flat ad repetitive so why not try it here.
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

Dad Board

• Rep: 88
Re: shoe review
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 10:41:11 AM »
The Ave 2.0 is a great skate shoe I like it and it’s cool looking

Thanks to vans for sponsoring this post

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 7
  • fresh
« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:10:11 AM »
The eS muska reissue skates super well. Has a fair amount of board-feel and good impact protection. laces are nice and havent ripped because of the little rubber lace guards. after getting the rubber on the sole worn down from kickflips and the toe guard, flick is super nice and consistant. the lace lock makes the shoe super convienient as well. 10/10 if you want a tank of a shoe that isnt too bulky.
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

beautifulcannolis

• Rep: -6
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:24:26 AM »
Thanks for starting. Anyone have anything to say about fastbreaks? Tempted to grab a pair on sale right now.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:05:31 AM »
Thanks for starting. Anyone have anything to say about fastbreaks? Tempted to grab a pair on sale right now.

They're solid shoes. Great for someone who is used to skating vulcs but wants to try out some cupsoles. They have good ankle support and the flick is amazing once you break it in. Took me about 5 kickflips and nollie flips to break them in. I actually prefer them over the NB 440.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • sup dog
« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:08:48 AM »
The Ave 2.0 is a great skate shoe I like it and it’s cool looking

Thanks to vans for sponsoring this post
That’s quite Meta. Bravo.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • sup dog
« Reply #6 on: Today at 08:11:29 AM »
If you read Kyle Beachy’s book, the most fun thing, you will find that the fast break is the best shoe ever.

Personally, I think the Joslin is the best shoe ever for cup soles. I can’t skate vulcs anymore, but I really really enjoyed the ave 1 with shoe goo on the Ollie area. (And I don’t do heelflips, so the back area was never a concern)
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

lincoln

• Rep: 8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7 on: Today at 08:17:02 AM »

Excellent excellent shoe! If you feel that half-cabs can be a bit sloppy maybe this shoe is for you. It has that classic basketball shoe feel. Bit wider toebox, laces up super comfortably without restricting your ankle too much and has better than average impact protection. Available in various materials which will play a huge part how the shoe feels. IMHO the best combination is the suede or suede front with the nylon mid-part. Put some shoe goo on the nylon and you're good. Leather ones are more sturdy. Converse should take more colorway risks with this shoe. And more suede options!