Author Topic: How far can you go back into skate video history before you lose interest?  (Read 2832 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
I basically quit when we hit
Slow ass Triple fucking v flips regs or switch nah. 38mm wheels big pants that kinda shit.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Chavo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
Expand Quote
this is stupid. I watched dogtown and z boys skating footage billion times and it gets me hyped to go skate and I can't say the same for nyjah's and co recent footage.
[close]

Totally agree with 1010.

Hey, has anyone seen this:

Would love to see some 70s hill bombs.

It's a great documentary, even though I would consider skate car racing more go-carting than skateboarding. If you think today's skate companies lack ethics, these guys were literally pushing riders down hills into oncoming traffic without any means to brake.

To answer the original question, the history of skateboarding is extremely short and it's all good. It's surprising that the big pants/small wheels seems to be an unpopular era. The innovation of that short period is still the standard of today's street skating. Furthermore, some of the best videos of all time, like Plan B's Questionable, Tim and Henry's Pack of Lies, and 101 WW2 Report came from this era. I guess if someone like's Colt Cannon over early '90s Carroll and Howard, it's their preference.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
What happened to that signal hill doc?. Also barefoot the lee Ralph story?

I feel kinda cheated that that never surfaced. I also think the signal hill one is being treated like it's too cool for me to see for free.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

pbj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
it peaks in 1991 for me because of Video Days and Memory Screen
late 80's was cool but street skating still hadn't evolved yet.