Author Topic: How a Sexual Predator infiltrated Atlantas skate scene  (Read 18341 times)

cuckflip

Re: How a Sexual Predator infiltrated Atlantas skate scene
« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2019, 06:06:36 PM »
Expand Quote
In the early 90s there was a indoor park in Hagerstown Maryland.  Some guy who I'm pretty sure didn't skate, he definitely never skated with us at the park, but him and his elderly father would just sit watch us young kids all day.  It was a weird set up, and looking back, I wonder what was really going on. They definitely weren't making money off the park or shop attached. Sad that I now think back and wonder because of stories like these.
[close]

All good on the need to question shit, but can't write off every old dude as an automatic pedo cuz if you do it means that 99% of all skateparks are owed by kiddie diddlers since aint that many young dudes who can afford to build out and maintain a park.  That the problem with these articles too is they just make some alarmist shit that can tangle up good peeps and fuck they reputations up just for wanting to have a place for kids to skate.  And that ain't helping stop no real pedos, that shit just means older dudes who genuinely wanna do some nice shit for kids aint never gonna fuckin do shit for em no more.
Shifty just seems like they’re doing pondering to me.

I don’t think anyone is being alarmist here but it does make you think about these types of situations.

Bateskorder you had a point up there about kids still doing shit/ hang out with people even after being told not to, which you are right about. I think this article is more so for adults to evaluate other adults, especially in the skate scene. Kids will always be vulnerable unfortunately.

Bateskorder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -28
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2019, 01:04:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Appreesh
[close]

Haha, I don’t think you’ll be handing out any form of an ass whoopin’ to anyone over 11.
I’ll talk to your ass when I need some new wipers, yo.  I won’t bother you unless it’s what you specialize in, don’t wanna confuse a nigga by takin hm out his comfort (auto) zone.

Bateskorder

• Rep: -28
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful
« Reply #122 on: November 09, 2019, 01:14:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
In the early 90s there was a indoor park in Hagerstown Maryland.  Some guy who I'm pretty sure didn't skate, he definitely never skated with us at the park, but him and his elderly father would just sit watch us young kids all day.  It was a weird set up, and looking back, I wonder what was really going on. They definitely weren't making money off the park or shop attached. Sad that I now think back and wonder because of stories like these.
[close]

All good on the need to question shit, but can't write off every old dude as an automatic pedo cuz if you do it means that 99% of all skateparks are owed by kiddie diddlers since aint that many young dudes who can afford to build out and maintain a park.  That the problem with these articles too is they just make some alarmist shit that can tangle up good peeps and fuck they reputations up just for wanting to have a place for kids to skate.  And that ain't helping stop no real pedos, that shit just means older dudes who genuinely wanna do some nice shit for kids aint never gonna fuckin do shit for em no more.
[close]
Shifty just seems like they’re doing pondering to me.

I don’t think anyone is being alarmist here but it does make you think about these types of situations.

Bateskorder you had a point up there about kids still doing shit/ hang out with people even after being told not to, which you are right about. I think this article is more so for adults to evaluate other adults, especially in the skate scene. Kids will always be vulnerable unfortunately.

Problem is, adults ain’t actin very adult these days, they either suspicious about everything or are being full on stupid about dangerous situations and make excuses for shady shit.  No middle ground means either being negligent or going overboard.  Both can be a problem.

But yeah, the bigger issue is kids still doing stupid shit when they know better and letting they asses get in WAY too deep even when they know shit is going the wrong way.  It’s like they afraid of of bailing when they start to sense bad for fear that admitting to themselves they was wrong about they first instincts and decide to commit to see the full outcome even when they know it’s gonna be fucked up if they ride it out.

Best question is, how do we get those kids to stop thinking they know best and listen to what the grown-ups have been saying and stop thinking they should say fuck it to take our advice just because we ain’t as young as they is?  That’s how you stop bad shit from happening, get kids to know you’re not trying to stop them from having fun, but from making life-fucking-up choices must to be edgy dudes who don’t listen to anyone over 20.

Autozone

• Rep: 61
« Reply #123 on: November 09, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »
You deserve one of these, Bateskorder. You’re on the case!

Alex4rmNYC

• Rep: -25
  • SHEEEESH
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2019, 11:10:06 AM »
Gross. Wonder if anyone on here ever met this asshole? Probably too old by the sound of it. Jenkem has some skate "journalists" for sure.

I met this guy and had no idea until I read this article. I was there on a trip in 2011. only met the guy for a few minutes bc he unlocked the gates for us. no one was there and we skated it alone. I remember wondering why this older dude who didnt look like he skated AT ALL had the keys. lol but also didnt care either.
You're not locked in a backtail unless you see the slidemarks go under your wheels

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2019, 09:46:41 PM »
Nice story.

'Bob' had me wary though because some old Slap banter regarding a certain Vov and teen girls...

i was thinking the same thing... way back
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2021, 05:06:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Am I the only one who has never given kids/minors alcohol and/or drugs?   I mean, I’ve never been a successful skateboarder, but I’m not passing a joint to some kid and I’m not taking one from him either.
[close]
  Me neither but years ago I remember this punk rocker skateboard kid who would hook me up with (of age) weed customers.  He was 14 and looked it but he was a fuckin character.  I saw him 3 oclock in the morning one night with a rich hottie who was in her 30s (resort town).  He was taking somewhere to bang and she looked like she was having the time of her life.  I thought, "right on dude".

this is a thread about a pedo

but you see a 30 year old lady about to molest a 14 year old and your reaction is "right on dude"?

you are a piece of shit

Shawneeg215

• Rep: -3
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2024, 08:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote
There was a guy in Minnesota who used to drive around in a van and bring little kids around to the skateparks.  Everyone would joke about him being a pedo.  Years went by, and turns out he actually was and went to prison for it. Drawing a blank on the guys name and his skate club, but if you grew up in the Twin Cities, and were skating in the late 90's early 2000's, you know who I'm talking about.
[close]

There was a guy in Philly who fit this description. I don't think he ever got busted for anything but it was a weird vibe.
He got busted heavy, Rodney something.  Black bull that would have car loaded if underage boys driving around w him.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1343
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2024, 12:24:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There was a guy in Minnesota who used to drive around in a van and bring little kids around to the skateparks.  Everyone would joke about him being a pedo.  Years went by, and turns out he actually was and went to prison for it. Drawing a blank on the guys name and his skate club, but if you grew up in the Twin Cities, and were skating in the late 90's early 2000's, you know who I'm talking about.
[close]

There was a guy in Philly who fit this description. I don't think he ever got busted for anything but it was a weird vibe.
[close]
He got busted heavy, Rodney something.  Black bull that would have car loaded if underage boys driving around w him.
https://6abc.com/skateboarding-club-rodney-watkins-powerfulnailya-sexual-abuse/14402050/
I'm only posting this because, some years ago, even before he was charged, these allegations were posted here and it sent me down a rabbit hole where I never found any concrete info about anything including a name. Just so nobody ever uses these events to throw shade on anybody else's name; this is the guy who was convicted of that crime.

Black bull is a pretty gross way to characterize somebody though
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DirtyCheddarKids

• Rep: 43
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2024, 12:34:15 AM »
So let me get this straight, the name of his pedo skateboarding club was powerful nail ya? You can’t make this shit up.
Quote from: Uncle Flea
4 shoes is impressive AF. I could barely sell drugs.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -199
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2024, 01:40:07 AM »
Atlanta's fourth ward skatepark has some sketchy people that hang out under that pavilion every single time I've gone

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2024, 12:05:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
https://6abc.com/skateboarding-club-rodney-watkins-powerfulnailya-sexual-abuse/14402050/
I'm only posting this because, some years ago, even before he was charged, these allegations were posted here and it sent me down a rabbit hole where I never found any concrete info about anything including a name. Just so nobody ever uses these events to throw shade on anybody else's name; this is the guy who was convicted of that crime.

Black bull is a pretty gross way to characterize somebody though

it's often spelled boul, it's a way we talk in philly. it just means "guy" or "dude" or something. i know that addendum isn't the important part of your post, but i figured why not dive into some linguistics while i wait on a call-back at work

Shtonk

• Rep: -431
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2024, 03:03:28 PM »
I hadn't come across this article before and it's so dark yet important. Restored some of my respect for Jenkem. Further lessened my respect for Thrasher et al, they had to have known about it. But even Jenkem it's hard to imagine they'd run this today? Either way I hope in some way or other it's helped to prevent at least some similar things going down elsewhere.

fuck_that_guy

• Rep: 327
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2024, 03:09:05 PM »
fuck that guy