Author Topic: Blondey McCoy of Palace  (Read 36858 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 791
Re: Blondey McCoy of Palace
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2019, 02:45:20 AM »
Blondey McCoy is skateboarding’s Billie Eilish.

winecrab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2019, 02:50:34 AM »
He wasn't good enough to be on one of the most popular board brands.  I think he's doing the right thing by sticking to modeling and fashion.  He's not getting another board sponsor.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2019, 02:55:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i like palace a lot more now
[close]
yeah, now they just need to loose that lobster loser
[close]

fuckin forgot he was still on. literally the only two things they’ve ever done wrong.
[close]

Why? They fit there image so damn well even if they aren’t people that are the greatest, they fit palace so well
[close]
in 100 words or less please describe the appeal of that lobster headed idiot being on palace, his skating sucks and anything outside of that induces full-body cringes
[close]

I mean sp's not putting footage together to appeal to 45 year old former punk ex-pats
[close]
salty tabs you got going there mate!
(For future reference I’m 40)
[close]

I think what he meant was sp's not putting footage together to appeal to 40 year old former punk ex-pats
woah, harsh burn brah!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 97
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2019, 03:58:05 AM »
I live under a rock but what's with skateboarders trying to look pretty/metrosexual these days? Shits the fucking worst.  Is this dude good looking? He looks like a raccoon to me. Good for him though $$$

Anyways we need more people like James Hardy in skateboarding

jexe

• Rep: -4
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2019, 04:20:39 AM »
Rumor has it, you can smell Billie Eilish’s breath when listen to her music.

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2019, 04:43:14 AM »
I got a bad feeling about this...

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2019, 06:45:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Blondey McCoy is skateboarding's Billy Elliot

jexe

« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2019, 07:05:02 AM »
Except Billy Elliott’s family were poor as fuck....

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2019, 07:06:23 AM »
Skateboarding's Billy Idol, then?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2019, 07:15:17 AM »
He wasn't good enough to be on one of the most popular board brands.  I think he's doing the right thing by sticking to modeling and fashion.  He's not getting another board sponsor.

Youre pretty wrong. Palace wished Rodrigo Tx on the team, but he said no because he supposed Miles Silvas on the team too. Palace team manager said Miles level was too high for Palace.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2019, 08:39:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Youre pretty wrong. Palace wished Rodrigo Tx on the team, but he said no because he supposed Miles Silvas on the team too. Palace team manager said Miles level was too high for Palace.

Definitely calling bullshit on this

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2019, 09:59:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

are you saying that palace thought miles was too good for them, but rodrigo isn't? also, what brand has ever turned someone down because they thought the skater was too good for their brand?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1341
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2019, 10:21:46 AM »
Also Lucas Puig is on the team so I think that blows the "no, they're too good for us" theory out of the water.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

datura

• Rep: 23
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »
I live under a rock but what's with skateboarders trying to look pretty/metrosexual these days? Shits the fucking worst.  Is this dude good looking? He looks like a raccoon to me. Good for him though $$$

is it really the fucking worst? some of us like looking pretty, ain't nothing to worry about.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2019, 11:28:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

are you saying that palace thought miles was too good for them, but rodrigo isn't? also, what brand has ever turned someone down because they thought the skater was too good for their brand?

brits have a weird thing about people that are 'too good'
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2019, 11:35:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeap...its from Tx interview. They couldnt put both on the team cause Miles was on another level.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2019, 11:36:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

sounds like some kind of nyjah huston type situation thats more to do with image than skills. rodrigo has more of a hood pass than miles silva, its not that deep.

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2019, 11:37:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Cliche with Arto

There's been a few

[close]

brits have a weird thing about people that are 'too good'
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2019, 11:56:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

People hit up palace all the time to ride for the company and they say no all the time. Lev Tanju talks about his favorite pros of all time hitting him up and him saying no.

"I don’t wanna give some kid boards and for him to think ‘maybe one day I’ll ride for Palace?’ When to be honest with you, you probably won’t unless like you live near London and you’re fucking hilarious and I love you. You know what I mean? If I don’t wanna hang out with you and all the skaters don’t wanna hang out with you, it’s never happening."

This is a quote from Lev from Free Skate Mag. Then in that Palace mag they kind of alluded to Miles asking to be on the team and them not wanting him.

Here's a link to that Free skate mag interview, it's actually a good read: https://www.freeskatemag.com/2018/02/22/palace-skateboards-lev-tanju-interviewed/

Lucas is on the team because everyone on the team likes him. Palace chooses people it's not the other way around. If they don't think you're funny or want to hang out with you, you'll never get on the team. The guy Lev says it pretty much all the time. He makes fun of people in their catalogs for asking to ride for them and stuff.

Seriously for dudes who nerd out on skateboarding all the time, I feel like lots of you don't really get it.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2019, 12:22:19 PM »

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2019, 12:39:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I don’t think Steezus Christ is his real name either
[close]

I also suspect a lot of rappers don't use their real names.  It would be rad if my mom named me, "Ghostface Killer" "Dr. Octagon" or "Silkk the Shocker" but I would be bummed if she named me, "Bow-Wow" or "L'il' anything.
[close]

Dr Octagon was a special case. He was just Mr Octagon until years of schooling paid off.
I believe his birth name is halfsharkalligatorhalfman

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2019, 01:24:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I also suspect a lot of rappers don't use their real names.  It would be rad if my mom named me, "Ghostface Killer" "Dr. Octagon" or "Silkk the Shocker" but I would be bummed if she named me, "Bow-Wow" or "L'il' anything.
[close]

Dr Octagon was a special case. He was just Mr Octagon until years of schooling paid off.
[close]

Call him up and find out at 1800-PP5-1doodoo. (He's in your corner.)

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2019, 01:26:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah thats his uncles name. Mr. Gerble.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2019, 01:29:53 PM »

Billy Madison

meadowsoprano

« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2019, 01:32:01 PM »
He’s starting Thames as a board company and and is putting on a friend of his from NZ who lives in London.

Believe me or don’t x

Jarrad Carlin?

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2019, 02:12:13 PM »
Does that make Palace Generation X in this scenario?

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2019, 02:20:57 PM »
Also Lucas Puig is on the team so I think that blows the "no, they're too good for us" theory out of the water.
hardly art, hardly starving

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2019, 03:08:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

People hit up palace all the time to ride for the company and they say no all the time. Lev Tanju talks about his favorite pros of all time hitting him up and him saying no.

"I don’t wanna give some kid boards and for him to think ‘maybe one day I’ll ride for Palace?’ When to be honest with you, you probably won’t unless like you live near London and you’re fucking hilarious and I love you. You know what I mean? If I don’t wanna hang out with you and all the skaters don’t wanna hang out with you, it’s never happening."

This is a quote from Lev from Free Skate Mag. Then in that Palace mag they kind of alluded to Miles asking to be on the team and them not wanting him.

Here's a link to that Free skate mag interview, it's actually a good read: https://www.freeskatemag.com/2018/02/22/palace-skateboards-lev-tanju-interviewed/

Lucas is on the team because everyone on the team likes him. Palace chooses people it's not the other way around. If they don't think you're funny or want to hang out with you, you'll never get on the team. The guy Lev says it pretty much all the time. He makes fun of people in their catalogs for asking to ride for them and stuff.

Seriously for dudes who nerd out on skateboarding all the time, I feel like lots of you don't really get it.

Need to be hilarious to get on Palace.  Skaters need to step their comedy game up.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2019, 09:38:02 PM »

Sounds like you've been thinking a lot about his appearance
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1382
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2019, 09:53:56 PM »
I’m sure it’s been covered ad nauseam, however Anyone kicking about with a fucking ‘stage name’ needs to have a word.
His lust for associating/aligning with working class culture is jarring and painfully transparent.
He makes surface level art. Toe deep observations that only early twenty somethings that have endured no real strife can think important.
Ultimately he’s searching for his forever identity in the public eye, not enviable.
Lev knows good skateboarding he was given a great opportunity and has prospered. A great impossible and a fantastic back three are tools to get you some where in the twenty teens.

I recall we were discussing if he was a chav sometime back on the forum, but I didn't know the extent of what can make him cringeworthy (i.e. what you've raised here). But to me at least he's fun to watch skate, his Reebok Loop footage is the first I saw of him and I was real hyped on it. His spelling and grammar are also excellent.