Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1893299 times)

Steely Daniel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24990 on: February 23, 2023, 07:19:34 AM »
My grandmother Cheryl Campbell died. I loved her very much. She recently taught me to read and write music.

I'm in a dark place. I was the second to last person to know. All I got was a sorry. I was crying and crap. She was getting better. I needed more visits with her. Once I brought

Life is hard.

Be thankful for the time you did have together and what they chose to pass on to you. Reading and writing music is a valuable skill. Not everyone gets to inherit more than a physical or monetary possession when their grandparents pass.

Still, though it is hard. And it must be particularly difficult when you are one of the last to know. Stay strong, keep playing and put what she taught you into your music and she will always be with you.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #24991 on: February 23, 2023, 09:58:38 AM »
Got a speeding ticket for going 40mph in a 35mph school zone. Can you guess my race?

i dont know a race that sees speeding in a school zone as a cultural thing but maybe im cracked

Banned from the room

« Reply #24992 on: February 23, 2023, 10:45:15 AM »
Expand Quote
My grandmother Cheryl Campbell died. I loved her very much. She recently taught me to read and write music.

I'm in a dark place. I was the second to last person to know. All I got was a sorry. I was crying and crap. She was getting better. I needed more visits with her. Once I brought

Life is hard.
[close]

Be thankful for the time you did have together and what they chose to pass on to you. Reading and writing music is a valuable skill. Not everyone gets to inherit more than a physical or monetary possession when their grandparents pass.

Still, though it is hard. And it must be particularly difficult when you are one of the last to know. Stay strong, keep playing and put what she taught you into your music and she will always be with you.

Thanks yo. It hurts. I'm worried about my car too.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 06:04:33 PM by Uncle Flea »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #24993 on: February 23, 2023, 11:52:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Got a speeding ticket for going 40mph in a 35mph school zone. Can you guess my race?
[close]

Cry about it elsewhere blackie.

Understood.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #24994 on: February 23, 2023, 03:06:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Cry about it elsewhere blackie.
[close]

Understood.

thats pretty much the opposite of what i mean- im saying cry about it elsewhere but none of the black folks i know would say speeding in a school zone is "a black thing", maybe its different where youre from idk

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #24995 on: February 23, 2023, 03:38:24 PM »
I’m saying getting pulled over and ticketed for being 5mph over the speed limit during rush hour is some black people shit lol. Speeding is something everyone does.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #24996 on: February 23, 2023, 03:53:29 PM »
idk breh i didnt even say black initially, i just said i dont know any race of person who would be like "you know me, my people are always speeding in a school zone". i get what you mean tho

cky enthusiast

« Reply #24997 on: February 23, 2023, 03:59:22 PM »
Something I am not stoked on is being accused of bigtory against PoC in the "Things You Are Not Stoked On" thread on Slapmagazine.com

Jebediah

• Rep: 115
« Reply #24998 on: February 23, 2023, 09:32:19 PM »
I'm a stagnant piece of shit lately

LUGR

• Rep: 51
« Reply #24999 on: February 23, 2023, 10:54:09 PM »

Race car?

School zone, zero tolerance for any miles over regardless of skin color.

I just got one in a school zone a few months ago too.

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #25000 on: February 24, 2023, 01:18:04 AM »
Wow, TIL the creator of the "Dilbert" comic strip is a fucking kook.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #25001 on: February 24, 2023, 05:13:19 AM »
I just pulled a tick off my nuts. I haven't exactly been wading through the bush so I'm kind of worried about where it came from. Will I get another randomly?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #25002 on: February 24, 2023, 03:22:22 PM »
Applying for state licensure for lab science, and I’ve got to disclose that I was once arrested for skateboarding 25 years ago.  Ridiculous that I have to self report something so stupid, and that some power tripping asshole can still affect my life so far down the road

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #25003 on: February 24, 2023, 04:51:51 PM »
I'm a stagnant piece of shit lately

man i feel this hard. 35 and just wondering wtf. job is good. life is alright. but no motivation to do anything else. cheers!

Jebediah

« Reply #25004 on: February 24, 2023, 05:25:19 PM »
Cheers Brother. Hopefully spring will bring us both some motivation.

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #25005 on: February 24, 2023, 08:14:30 PM »
Recieved new Shorty's hardware but they arrived chipped and damaged.  :'(

What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

Acid Drop

• Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #25006 on: February 24, 2023, 10:10:08 PM »
Missing the delivery for your trucks and then being charged 5 dollars for saturday delivery that never happens. :(

Buying a blank deck using vip account to get free grip. Ordered board, picked up, no free grip. The employee was rude to make me wait while they made a phone call to confirm purchase. The deck is, good but the plastic wrapping partially ripped, no biggy. Realised I needed to enter a code for the free grip I think. I paid for the price of the grip in the delivery fee that I didn't need.

Thank you for listening to my tales of woe.

Tomorrow will be a brighter day.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 10:39:00 PM by Acid Drop »
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #25007 on: February 24, 2023, 10:42:25 PM »
Applying for state licensure for lab science, and I’ve got to disclose that I was once arrested for skateboarding 25 years ago.  Ridiculous that I have to self report something so stupid, and that some power tripping asshole can still affect my life so far down the road

What country is this? And was it trespassing too?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #25008 on: February 25, 2023, 11:58:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What country is this? And was it trespassing too?

US.  it was technically "destruction of property" and it was dropped, but still have to report.  you even need to report things that were expunged.  having something come up on a background check that you didn't report is worse than just admitting to it. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Jebediah

« Reply #25009 on: February 25, 2023, 02:39:28 PM »
Missing the delivery for your trucks and then being charged 5 dollars for saturday delivery that never happens. :(

Buying a blank deck using vip account to get free grip. Ordered board, picked up, no free grip. The employee was rude to make me wait while they made a phone call to confirm purchase. The deck is, good but the plastic wrapping partially ripped, no biggy. Realised I needed to enter a code for the free grip I think. I paid for the price of the grip in the delivery fee that I didn't need.

Thank you for listening to my tales of woe.

Tomorrow will be a brighter day.

I hope you're having a brighter day today.

I'm not stoked on getting kicked out of the parking lot spot right by my place today. It's clear and dry from the weekly snow before anything else and it's been great for skating flat ground without anyone bothering me until today. The dude asking me to leave was super nice though. I need to branch out to find more spots anyway.

Acid Drop

• Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #25010 on: February 25, 2023, 02:47:21 PM »
Yes sir, indeed I am. Thank you very much for your well wishes. No point getting hung up about things you can not change. All the best in finding some new spots to skate. Sounds like a battle with the weather more than anything else.

Jebediah

« Reply #25011 on: February 25, 2023, 03:12:01 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate it. Soon enough the snow will chill out. I'm on the hunt for a parking garage now. You have a good attitude about your situation which can make all the difference. I've definitely been burned on some purchases in the past but thankfully it's rare.

Acid Drop

• Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #25012 on: February 26, 2023, 04:21:56 AM »
Where there's a will, there's a way. Skateboarding is a necessity. If you find somewhere good let us know. Snow would be rough going and you need to skate for mental health. Something I have to remind myself to do sometimes.

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #25013 on: February 27, 2023, 06:37:45 PM »
I just pulled a tick off my nuts. I haven't exactly been wading through the bush so I'm kind of worried about where it came from. Will I get another randomly?

Once they get a taste for ya…

quackquack

• Rep: -422
« Reply #25014 on: February 27, 2023, 09:24:25 PM »
Might have just lost one of our two cats.

She was a doll, and it's been a tough start to the year. Fuck me
Oh, the places you'll go.

LUGR

• Rep: 51
« Reply #25015 on: February 27, 2023, 09:58:13 PM »

Man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it is not the case and when you say “might”, there is still a chance she can somehow be reunited with you.

My dad lost one of his cats for over a year and then he found her through an online app. We had totally thought she was gone and it was really sad. She had been surviving outdoors and getting feed by random people and one of them posted a picture of her on the app.

Hope it works out for you and yours.

quackquack

• Rep: -422
« Reply #25016 on: February 27, 2023, 10:44:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it is not the case and when you say “might”, there is still a chance she can somehow be reunited with you.

My dad lost one of his cats for over a year and then he found her through an online app. We had totally thought she was gone and it was really sad. She had been surviving outdoors and getting feed by random people and one of them posted a picture of her on the app.

Hope it works out for you and yours.

Thanks for the words of hope LUGR. I've become a complete loner, to the point that the words of the stranger are some of the only words I'll hear about this.

I will keep my hopes up, and keep searching.

-------

EDIT
She has been found, fucking shithead
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 11:37:21 PM by quackquack »
Oh, the places you'll go.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25017 on: February 28, 2023, 02:31:42 AM »
Glad to hear kitty is home safe. Sounds like you really needed that happy ending.  I too know the feeling of only being able to interact with strangers about these kinds of things.

I could post a lot of the same shit I have before but Ima just suck most of it up and absorb it into these stomach ulcers or stomach/bowel cancer that is rotting my insides out.

I'm mostly just bummed I don't know what to get my daughter for her 4th birthday coming up at the start of March. She told me she wants a "hockey" and a doctor barbie. No idea who introduced her to hockey lol but not super pleased about that. Her mom doesn't want her to have barbies which I certainly have no qualms against either. Thinking about something that promotes creativity in some kind of art like dancing, drawing or singing, but coming up blank at exactly what that might be.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 870
« Reply #25018 on: February 28, 2023, 02:54:12 AM »
Glad to hear kitty is home safe. Sounds like you really needed that happy ending.  I too know the feeling of only being able to interact with strangers about these kinds of things.

I could post a lot of the same shit I have before but Ima just suck most of it up and absorb it into these stomach ulcers or stomach/bowel cancer that is rotting my insides out.

I'm mostly just bummed I don't know what to get my daughter for her 4th birthday coming up at the start of March. She told me she wants a "hockey" and a doctor barbie. No idea who introduced her to hockey lol but not super pleased about that. Her mom doesn't want her to have barbies which I certainly have no qualms against either. Thinking about something that promotes creativity in some kind of art like dancing, drawing or singing, but coming up blank at exactly what that might be.
What about a basic whatever Barbie but a bunch of cardboard and art supply shit so they can make it into hockey or a doctor or whatever. Was looking after my niece who's 5 today and she has a couple Barbie's but also just all the other stuff (altho none of it at my place) the Barbies don't seem to cause too much damage but I guess kids all do shit differently. I have this little stand thing that's a black board on one side and you can clip paper to the other side for painting and they seem to like that. (Just make sure you have chalk and paper/paint)

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25019 on: February 28, 2023, 03:14:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What about a basic whatever Barbie but a bunch of cardboard and art supply shit so they can make it into hockey or a doctor or whatever. Was looking after my niece who's 5 today and she has a couple Barbie's but also just all the other stuff (altho none of it at my place) the Barbies don't seem to cause too much damage but I guess kids all do shit differently. I have this little stand thing that's a black board on one side and you can clip paper to the other side for painting and they seem to like that. (Just make sure you have chalk and paper/paint)

Those are some good ideas for sure but my kids are so damn spoiled it feels impossible to get them meaningful gifts. We already have a couple of chalkboard/whiteboard easels at each of the places they reside. She has a lot of baby dolls she likes to care for but I can understand her mom's backlash to the Barbie stuff. Mostly due to the body image and sexualization side of it. I hate how I'm so willing to accept any of her stipulations but when I say I don't want my 7-year-old son and 4-year-old daughter watching YouTube it just falls on deaf ears. There are so many poorly behaved spoiled children on there being pimped out by their parents to play with free promotional toys and various other forms of garbage content that it's kind of scary to me. Feeling powerless in how your children are being raised has got to be one the most frustrating feelings in the world. I appreciate the thought though but I'm not sure if I'm even soliciting advice or just screaming into the abyss.