Author Topic: 2022-23 NFL Season  (Read 11621 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1426
Re: 2022-23 NFL Season
« Reply #360 on: December 11, 2022, 04:43:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Congrats to the lions
[close]

Vikings are good, but not that good lol.  We're used to having a really tough division and being pretty good for a team that goes 9-7.  With our whole division being under .500 this year, our record is so padded.

This is how I feel. They're having a good year but they're very beatable. Especially with teams like the niners, bills, eagles and Cowboys looking dominant

PatrickSkateman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -214
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #361 on: December 11, 2022, 05:23:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Congrats to the lions
[close]

Vikings are good, but not that good lol.  We're used to having a really tough division and being pretty good for a team that goes 9-7.  With our whole division being under .500 this year, our record is so padded.
[close]

This is how I feel. They're having a good year but they're very beatable. Especially with teams like the niners, bills, eagles and Cowboys looking dominant

The Cowboys did not look dominant today.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

thebacker

« Reply #362 on: December 11, 2022, 05:36:01 PM »
go birds

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #363 on: December 11, 2022, 06:12:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Congrats to the lions
[close]

[close]

[close]

The Cowboys did not look dominant today.

True, could be an off week though. Football is weird

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #364 on: December 12, 2022, 06:57:24 PM »
This game is a goddamn bloodbath

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #365 on: December 13, 2022, 12:02:50 AM »

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 843
« Reply #366 on: December 13, 2022, 03:07:48 AM »

I really need Rhamondre to not be out beyond next week for fantasy purposes. He's been one of the most solid rb2s I've had in a while. Every week he either scores or racks up ppr points, so losing him round one of the playoffs is going to be tough.

That Pierre Strong kid looked nice though. Dunno if it was just AZ playing shitty defense but he looked like he was a step ahead on a few of those runs. Maybe NE is just going to be like Denver used to be where they just put whoever in and they look like a pro bowler.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #367 on: December 13, 2022, 03:19:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I really need Rhamondre to not be out beyond next week for fantasy purposes. He's been one of the most solid rb2s I've had in a while. Every week he either scores or racks up ppr points, so losing him round one of the playoffs is going to be tough.

That Pierre Strong kid looked nice though. Dunno if it was just AZ playing shitty defense but he looked like he was a step ahead on a few of those runs. Maybe NE is just going to be like Denver used to be where they just put whoever in and they look like a pro bowler.

I've got him too, but luckily I have Jerrick Mckinnon to replace him.  RB's are what I try to get somewhat early since it's hard to have good healthy rb's all season long.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 680
« Reply #368 on: December 13, 2022, 04:49:28 AM »
So does Kingsbury get the axe after the season…?
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
« Reply #369 on: December 13, 2022, 06:17:20 AM »
So does Kingsbury get the axe after the season…?
Of all the new hot shot young coaching hires lately, he certainly seems to be the most underwhelming, that's for sure.

Get hungry on it!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #370 on: December 13, 2022, 06:33:32 AM »
I could see the cards cleaning house, Kliff is pretty mid, Steve kime got a dui last summer or the summer before.
Trade Deandre hoptkins and release kyler, he's not the answer.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 891
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #371 on: December 13, 2022, 07:21:03 AM »
I think they should fire Kingsbury, but no need to release Kyler. He’s been pretty good and might as well give him a chance to recover. Tank next year reset with a new staff.

They probably won’t tho, I think ownership is cheap and they have Kliff through 2027….

But if they’re trading D Hop send him to the Bears plz and thx.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #372 on: December 13, 2022, 09:26:31 AM »
I think they should fire Kingsbury, but no need to release Kyler. He’s been pretty good and might as well give him a chance to recover. Tank next year reset with a new staff.

They probably won’t tho, I think ownership is cheap and they have Kliff through 2027….

Nuk would be huge for the development of fields

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #373 on: December 13, 2022, 09:34:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bears are tied to Saquon this offseason.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #374 on: December 13, 2022, 09:42:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Interesting idea, crazy three headed rushing monster if they have fields, saquon and either Herbert or dmont

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 891
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #375 on: December 13, 2022, 09:53:54 AM »
Monty is a free agent this year too, so I’d assume they get Saquon instead? Id rather stick with Montgomery if we can sign him to a decent deal, he’s a solid runner and blocker without too many injuries. Really adding a WR and O line should be priority, should be easy to attract since they have a ton of cap space too.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #376 on: December 13, 2022, 10:14:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Interesting idea, crazy three headed rushing monster if they have fields, saquon and either Herbert or dmont

Or Kareem Hunt.

No Hopkins, the Bears have always been where WR’s go to die.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #377 on: December 13, 2022, 11:42:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That was just Graziano talking out his ass in a "man wouldn't it be cool if..." kinda way from what I remember, not an actual rumor from a credible source.

Also it would be stupid as fuck if they did, they have holes at damn near every position except RB and already have one of the best run games in the league.  There's far more pressing issues in Chicago than adding another rusher. Don't forget they need basically a whole new defense and also pissed away their second rounder on Claypool.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 07:58:27 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #378 on: December 13, 2022, 12:01:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Or Kareem Hunt.

No Hopkins, the Bears have always been where WR’s go to die.

Hunt would be great for fields. Can catch passes on check downs, hasn't taken a ton of damage playing behind chubb. they should throw a bag at tee higgins, Bengals aren't gonna be able to afford all those skill position players

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #379 on: December 13, 2022, 08:59:11 PM »
Monty is a free agent this year too, so I’d assume they get Saquon instead? Id rather stick with Montgomery if we can sign him to a decent deal, he’s a solid runner and blocker without too many injuries. Really adding a WR and O line should be priority, should be easy to attract since they have a ton of cap space too.

My money is on either bringing Montgomery back on a frontloaded 3-4 year or riding Herbert's rookie contract for another year or two and either bringing in UDFA or practice squad darlings for depth.

You don't see a lot of resources thrown at the rb position the way you used to since A) they get hurt a ton,  B) there's a bunch of unemployed or underused talented ones and C) more and more "rushing yards" these days are being racked up by qbs and by wrs catching laterals or passes behind the line. Obviously you don't want to sign the next Leveon Bell deal when you can get the same or better production from a rookie for a tenth the price.

And you could absolutely argue its the right approach. Look at the teams who do go out and invest in superstar backs.. When's the last time one won a ring? The last one I can think of is the steelers with Bettis and he was basically just a figurehead by the time it happened. The Pats won all their rings without a notable running back on the roster.

As someone much smarter than me once pointed out, running backs win fantasy games while Qbs and defenses win real life rings.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #380 on: December 15, 2022, 07:01:21 PM »
I put a stream of the game tonight on and they led into a commercial break with this song. 

Must be pandering to the San Francisco fans, thought it was weird.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: December 15, 2022, 09:04:02 PM »
Glad I threw Kittle in the captain spot for the single game showdown tonight. $$$$

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #382 on: December 16, 2022, 05:20:06 PM »
I put a stream of the game tonight on and they led into a commercial break with this song. 

Must be pandering to the San Francisco fans, thought it was weird.

I like it when Amazon/NFL try to appeal to younger demographics like that and then we get the ancient Al Michaels and his weird eyebrows on commentary.

This Purdy kid is a better Mac Jones than Mac Jones. It's hard to declare someone legit after 2 games (especially with my Duck Hodges PTSD) but he sure does pass the eye test. Outside of the dropped pick I didn't really see any huge mistakes. He ran that offense very confidently and was really effective when and where he needed to be. Great coaching too, perfect game plan. Really, really, really over the RTP penalties. Such a stupid actual double standard.

DK Metcalf is slowly but surely turning into Dennis Rodman circa 97.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #383 on: December 17, 2022, 01:10:30 PM »
Oh my God this is the worst officiating I have ever seen. I would legit be ready to riot if I was a vikes fan.

Edit - this is the most bonkers game I've ever seen

Edit 2 - Can we maybe give Kirk his due now? He just executed the craziest comeback in NFL history, and had to basically do it twice because the refs made two of the worst calls I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 02:59:44 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #384 on: December 17, 2022, 03:21:23 PM »
Oh my God this is the worst officiating I have ever seen. I would legit be ready to riot if I was a vikes fan.

Edit 2 - Can we maybe give Kirk his due now? He just executed the craziest comeback in NFL history, and had to basically do it twice because the refs made two of the worst calls I've ever seen.
Yeah that officiating crew should be fired TODAY.  This team just can’t let me relax.  I briefly turned off the game at the half because I was so pissed at how awful they were playing.  But then I said fuck it, I’m going down with the ship. Despite the refs ruining TWO scoop and scores they managed to pull off the biggest comeback in NFL history.  I’ll take it.

Get hungry on it!

thebacker

« Reply #385 on: December 18, 2022, 05:14:27 PM »
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cky enthusiast

« Reply #386 on: December 18, 2022, 05:49:11 PM »
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: December 18, 2022, 07:34:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yeah that officiating crew should be fired TODAY.  This team just can’t let me relax.  I briefly turned off the game at the half because I was so pissed at how awful they were playing.  But then I said fuck it, I’m going down with the ship. Despite the refs ruining TWO scoop and scores they managed to pull off the biggest comeback in NFL history.  I’ll take it.

One of my most vivid memories of being a kid and falling in love with Football is the famous Frank Reich comeback game from 1993. I was like 9 years old and the Bills were my team. Thurman Thomas was (and still is) my favorite player ever. That game was pure magic for me and I was stoked they showed some clips from it during the comeback.

There's probably a bunch of 9 year old kids who just had the same experience today that I had 30 years ago and in a few decades when they're watching the national flag football league they'll be able to sit down and remember exactly how they felt. That's pretty cool.

Matt Ryan could fuck up a wet dream though man. I've always thought he was kind of overrated and honestly not much better than like a Wentz type. I never really saw the "Matty Ice" shit and thought that the fact he had a top 5 WR (first Roddy White, then Julio, with a few years of both) to just heave it up to for his entire career in Atlanta was responsible for a good bit of his success.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #388 on: December 21, 2022, 10:10:29 AM »
RIP Franco Harris.

This has truly been one of the worst years to be a steelers fan in the last few decades. If you don't know how much of a hero Franco is here - when you get off a flight at Pittsburgh international, the first thing you see on your way to get your bags is a life size statue recreating the immaculate reception. The Italian Army will be flying their flags at half mast this Christmas.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: December 22, 2022, 03:18:55 PM »
RIP Franco Harris.

This has truly been one of the worst years to be a steelers fan in the last few decades. If you don't know how much of a hero Franco is here - when you get off a flight at Pittsburgh international, the first thing you see on your way to get your bags is a life size statue recreating the immaculate reception. The Italian Army will be flying their flags at half mast this Christmas.
Was shocked today to learn that Ronnie Hillman died also. 31 years old.. way too young, RIP

Get hungry on it!