Author Topic: FA cornball activity  (Read 9571 times)

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
Re: FA cornball activity
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2023, 03:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of basic art studies the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
[close]

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2023, 08:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of basic art studies the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
[close]

[close]

No one is saying Michelangelo wasn’t a genius but someone can still have the opinion his art sucked or that they did not appreciate it. 

Im currently riding a drift board with jellyfish on it.  I’m sure someone thinks it ugly AF.  I’ll fight them, but they can still believe this. 

Edit : typos
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 06:51:12 AM by Lessfillingtastegreat »
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

miff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2023, 08:45:00 AM »
my friend dm'd (like a man) Paul Kirchner and he responded saying FA are paying him

“Umm excuse me, sir… did you know that…”