Re: snacks
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 12:23:36 AM »
Mountain Dew, seriously.

Box of Frogs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »
Snacks? Can a liquid be considered a snack? Is beer a snack? Snacks makes you fat, beer makes you fat.

But how about cheese?

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 02:17:01 AM »

other than that, nuts, fruit, water
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 02:43:57 AM »
Bag of Cheetos and a dollar Brisk and/or Arizona lemon iced tea usually gets the job done.

Jejenhausen

• Rep: -72
  • This is good news
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 03:46:45 AM »
Do y'all have Boost Juice places in the states?
fruit smoothies are the shit when skating when its hot

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 04:33:52 AM »
When I was 12

Nowdays

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 05:08:09 AM »

classic

ThirtyYearsYoung

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2012, 07:07:44 AM »

What country are you in and WTF is a "Fruity Malt Loaf"?

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2012, 03:00:58 PM »
i dont really eat snacks, mostly just water when im out skating. i usually just eat dinner, which is after skating. dinner is pizza and weed and beer.

Dominic Hynard

• Rep: -5
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2012, 03:34:11 PM »
I prefer making a sandwich/sub before going out. Salami, ham, chicken, bacon, you get the idea. 1.5 litre bottle of water/juice and some packets of crisps.

victor333

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 04:22:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
those lil apple dippers from mcdonalds be on 10. get like 2-3 packs of those w/ a free water and you good to go
[close]

You can get an entire apple for cheaper.

I just drink water or eat some light, usually fruit or a granola bar.
[close]

yeah but it isnt like you're going to have a fresh fruit stand right next to the skatespot. mcdonalds are everywhere so if you just happen to be by one and only have a few bucks on you its a good option

I would argue grocery stores are more ubiquitous than McDonalds.

That said, I rarely skate long enough to warrant eating during the sesh. If I'm for a long time with friends, I'll probably just get a sandwich.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2012, 04:24:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What country are you in and WTF is a "Fruity Malt Loaf"?

England, shit is so good with butter.

From Wikipedia, 'Malt loaf is a common snack food in the United Kingdom. Malt loaf has a sweet taste and a very chewy texture like very heavy, soft bread. It is made from malt and often contains fruit such as raisins. Malt loaf is usually eaten sliced and with butter or olive spread.'

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
those lil apple dippers from mcdonalds be on 10. get like 2-3 packs of those w/ a free water and you good to go
[close]

[close]

yeah but it isnt like you're going to have a fresh fruit stand right next to the skatespot. mcdonalds are everywhere so if you just happen to be by one and only have a few bucks on you its a good option
[close]

That said, I rarely skate long enough to warrant eating during the sesh. If I'm for a long time with friends, I'll probably just get a sandwich.

yeah yeah yeah i know you always thirsty to argue somethin. who tha fuck tryna go to the GROCERY STORE before going to another spot? a mcdonalds is usually on the way to the next spot and the drive thru is much faster. remember this is the SNACKS thread, not the "most absolute healthiest choice of food while skating" thread. please dog, if you dont even skate long enough to warrant eating during the session then why are you even in the conversation? oh, i know! cuz you always tryna say somethin with yo irrelevant ass. i often skate for 4-5 hours with a few smoke breaks inbetween, so ima have a valid opinion when it comes to snacks while skating...

also 5 hour energy is the truth! although lately ive prefered 50 cent's Street King energy shot cuz each shot you buy provides a meal for a child in Africa thru the United Nations World Food Program. the taste is alot less tolerable than regular 5 hour energy but at least a nigga can help fight world hunger while drinking SK

victor333

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2012, 04:50:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yeah yeah yeah i know you always thirsty to argue somethin. who tha fuck tryna go to the GROCERY STORE before going to another spot? a mcdonalds is usually on the way to the next spot and the drive thru is much faster. remember this is the SNACKS thread, not the "most absolute healthiest choice of food while skating" thread. please dog, if you dont even skate long enough to warrant eating during the session then why are you even in the conversation? oh, i know! cuz you always tryna say somethin with yo irrelevant ass. i often skate for 4-5 hours with a few smoke breaks inbetween, so ima have a valid opinion when it comes to snacks while skating...

also 5 hour energy is the truth! although lately ive prefered 50 cent's Street King energy shot cuz each shot you buy provides a meal for a child in Africa thru the United Nations World Food Program. the taste is alot less tolerable than regular 5 hour energy but at least a nigga can help fight world hunger while drinking SK

I thought we were arguing price, not health factor?

And it's really hard to skate a parking lot for 4-5 hours, both physically and mentally.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2012, 04:55:10 PM »
lol, all you skate is parking lots?

victor333

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2012, 05:15:52 PM »

well, obviously I skate more than parking lots, but:

1) there is no skatepark here

2) shittiest spots in the world

3) you get kicked out of the shitty spots

4) none of my friends really skate anymore

5) work and school sucks up a lot of time, so the day-long skate excursions are few and far between

6) midwest-living... you know the deal

midwestmiddleman

• Rep: -88
  • Pantheistprowler
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2012, 11:35:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

well, obviously I skate more than parking lots, but:

1) there is no skatepark here

2) shittiest spots in the world

3) you get kicked out of the shitty spots

4) none of my friends really skate anymore

5) work and school sucks up a lot of time, so the day-long skate excursions are few and far between

6) midwest-living... you know the deal

the world is a parking lot-type shit

midwestmiddleman

• Rep: -88
  • Pantheistprowler
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »
walking tacos

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2012, 11:43:55 PM »
walking tacos

these are the fucking best! i usually make mine with a bag of fritos

UncleBobo

• Rep: 64
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »
walking tacos
That shit is the bomb. All you need is a fork some ingredients a bag of chips, and you're set.

Anything with a good amount protein is good enough to keep me shredding for 3-5 hours. I can go for a long time on one bottle on fluid (water, gatorade, etc.) if the conditions are right.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2012, 12:24:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Unless I didn't sleep the night before, I avoid these. They make me shaky as fuck.

I just bring my trusty gallon o water. Sometimes I'll get some orange slices(the sugary as fuck candy) at a gas station.

oneshovel

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 12:34:19 PM »

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2012, 12:47:44 PM »
Expand Quote

5 hour energy is the truth! although lately ive prefered 50 cent's Street King energy shot cuz each shot you buy provides a meal for a child in Africa thru the United Nations World Food Program. the taste is alot less tolerable than regular 5 hour energy but at least a nigga can help fight world hunger while drinking SK
[close]

Unless I didn't sleep the night before, I avoid these. They make me shaky as fuck.

I just bring my trusty gallon o water. Sometimes I'll get some orange slices(the sugary as fuck candy) at a gas station.

ive heard a few people say this as well. personally i dont get the jitters when i take em. i work a 7am-6pm every saturday so i pretty much take these every weekend or else i wouldnt even be able to get up. crazy how that shit works for me. ill usually goto bed at 2-3am, wake up 3 hours later & drink the energy shot, get through the entire 11 hour shift and still end up stayin up til 3 or 4am. i wont even get tired during the day either but im trying not to drink the shit too much to avoid any possible long-term effects of such use. i do drink it frequently tho so maybe ive just gotten used to it. if i drink one & get high as fuck afterwards i always skate my ass off

foureyedjim

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2012, 12:49:13 PM »
I only eat snacks in front of the computer.  I usually forget that I'm hungry when I start skating...hah