Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798858 times)

DERBY and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

Smartass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1470 on: December 04, 2019, 12:41:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

That was fucking sick. I picked up the black/gum Foys today and they're essentially an updated, more expensive version of the 255s. They fit absolutely true to size.

Not going to be able to skate them until the days get a bit longer, though they felt pretty good taking out the recycling.
[close]

But...but that plastic strip bro....

What's the toe box look like?
[close]

The Foy has a rounder, flatter, more flexible toe than the Westgate. The Westgates provide stability in the heel and support through the upper to a fault, whereby they're too stiff. The Foys offer superior board feel and seem to build from the 255s with thicker tread, and the promise of better durability.

Hope that's overkill on your question.
[close]

Perfect thanks! The Pic helps - and you're comments on the westgates were right on - they also made my arches ache every time I wore them (probably due to being too narrow).

Give this a try and see if helps.

https://wiivv.com/blogs/keep-going/lacing-techniques-tailored-for-comfort-fit

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1471 on: December 04, 2019, 12:52:06 PM »
was close to grabbing the knox 440s but passed during NB sale, need to wear what i got.. winter sucks

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1472 on: December 04, 2019, 03:19:57 PM »
was close to grabbing the knox 440s but passed during NB sale, need to wear what i got.. winter sucks
I would kill for those
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

7th Chamber

« Reply #1475 on: December 05, 2019, 04:43:51 AM »
I really like the white/green 288 but I can't go to work with fucking 288 on my shoe.
https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-288.html

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
« Reply #1476 on: December 05, 2019, 07:25:08 AM »
hardly art, hardly starving

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1477 on: December 10, 2019, 10:27:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
miami dolphins?

Could Fuck w/ the Black / White / Neon Green

hmmmokay

« Reply #1478 on: December 11, 2019, 11:29:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
miami dolphins?
[close]

First thing that comes to mind, which is funny considering he rides for Red Bull.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1479 on: December 11, 2019, 08:10:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
miami dolphins?
[close]

[close]

First thing that comes to mind, which is funny considering he rides for Red Bull.

Birthday Cake & Monster Energy Drink Colorways....

Fair Statement

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1480 on: December 12, 2019, 02:28:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
miami dolphins?
[close]

[close]

[close]

Birthday Cake & Monster Energy Drink Colorways....

Fair Statement

Miami Vice

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1481 on: December 17, 2019, 08:46:02 AM »
I'm skating the 440's now and they are great. I want to try something that is still a low top but higher cut around the ankle since my previous go-to skate shoes were SB Dunks. I'm looking at the 868's for my next purchase. To anyone who has these... what is the vertical toe room feel like in them? The thing I like about dunks most is the toe, and how the top piece rests completely out of the way of the top of one's toes. When standing there is no contact (for me at least). This also contributes to the type of flick I like. The 440's have alright vertical toe space but not quite as much as I would like.

The 868 looks like it will suite my preferences but there is no way to know for sure unless I try them on. I will say that I typically don't like one piece toe caps but the 868 has a great shape.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 10:24:17 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1482 on: December 17, 2019, 08:46:43 AM »
Possibly the 868 are the best skate shoes ever made.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1483 on: December 17, 2019, 11:41:37 AM »
I'm skating the 440's now and they are great. I want to try something that is still a low top but higher cut around the ankle since my previous go-to skate shoes were SB Dunks. I'm looking at the 868's for my next purchase. To anyone who has these... what is the vertical toe room feel like in them? The thing I like about dunks most is the toe, and how the top piece rests completely out of the way of the top of one's toes. When standing there is no contact (for me at least). This also contributes to the type of flick I like. The 440's have alright vertical toe space but not quite as much as I would like.

The 868 looks like it will suite my preferences but there is no way to know for sure unless I try them on. I will say that I typically don't like one piece toe caps but the 868 has a great shape.

i had a pair of 868s that was a half size too small, but there was enough room above the toes, they hurt bad as fuck on the outer side of my foot and it kind of felt like they were crushing down the side of my feet, which is why i had to stop wearing them. this was before they changed up sizing though. should've gotten half a size bigger for sure, but toe room or flex wasn't the problem. great shoe otherwise, would have loved to skate them, haven't seen them in my size since.

that said i have a hard time breaking in dunks because the crease in the toe area will push down on my toejoints when walking, even if go half a size up. i always have to stretch that fucker out or soften it with leather polish.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #1484 on: December 17, 2019, 02:35:25 PM »
I half size up the 868s or they really hurt. I've been skating them exclusively for years though...there's been other shoes I want to try but I'm happy with them, so... bummed they're no more, where are you seeing them? I stocked up with three pair a year ago and I'm just nearing the end of the second pair, I only have one left. I'm hoping they last until Tiago's 1XXX whatever comes out and it's a solid replacement.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1485 on: December 17, 2019, 08:51:03 PM »
I half size up the 868s or they really hurt. I've been skating them exclusively for years though...there's been other shoes I want to try but I'm happy with them, so... bummed they're no more, where are you seeing them? I stocked up with three pair a year ago and I'm just nearing the end of the second pair, I only have one left. I'm hoping they last until Tiago's 1XXX whatever comes out and it's a solid replacement.

Well there are still some pairs out there but damnit... not in my size...  :( I just realized this. Honestly I think there were a few days ago.

Rothdigga... please tell me this model is not discontinued...

Hopefully a new colorway will come out. It is a beautiful model.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #1486 on: December 18, 2019, 03:34:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well there are still some pairs out there but damnit... not in my size...  :( I just realized this. Honestly I think there were a few days ago.

It was, kinda, and then they released a Surrey colorway. I've always heard that 913 see their replacement but who knows...
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1487 on: December 18, 2019, 06:28:34 AM »
Dom Henry posted a clip skating this older black white gum colorway

I need this damn shoe so bad

Damn

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1488 on: December 18, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
It was, kinda, and then they released a Surrey colorway. I've always heard that 913 see their replacement but who knows...

I also want to know if the 868 is officially dust or if there will possibly be more color ways in the future Rothdigga. It’s for sure my favorite shoe I slept on the Surrey colorway and kind of regret it. I started skating them 2 years ago and just started skating my 5th pair. I have yet to get a full on hole in a pair, the tread on the sole wears out before I get close. I do however have about 7 or 8 more pairs on ice and with their durability that will last me another 2-3 years easy. I recently got 3 more pair off eBay for under $70 each. I periodically look online every few weeks.

TL/DR: love the 868s they skate great and last forever.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #1489 on: December 18, 2019, 11:35:27 AM »
Dom Henry posted a clip skating this older black white gum colorway

I need this damn shoe so bad

Damn

Idk if this site is legit but there are a few pairs in stock here of that color way.

http://www.pellegrinosboca.com/new-balance-numeric-868-men-s-868-classic-shoes-1.html

Edit: I have also had good luck image searching on google for example “New Balance 868 black” and combing through all the links to see if can find a colorway I don’t have in my size. It’s usually fruitless but sometimes I get lucky.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 11:38:38 AM by Michnich191 »

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1490 on: December 18, 2019, 02:12:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I also want to know if the 868 is officially dust or if there will possibly be more color ways in the future Rothdigga. It’s for sure my favorite shoe I slept on the Surrey colorway and kind of regret it. I started skating them 2 years ago and just started skating my 5th pair. I have yet to get a full on hole in a pair, the tread on the sole wears out before I get close. I do however have about 7 or 8 more pairs on ice and with their durability that will last me another 2-3 years easy. I recently got 3 more pair off eBay for under $70 each. I periodically look online every few weeks.

My last pair of 868's are just about dust but my girl just scooped me up a pair of 913's. I think Rothdigga said many pages back that the 913 shares a ton of design with the 868, and I can confirm the feel on the foot, support, and heel lock are very close to the 868. Very similar sole as well, but less of a pebble magnet. Haven't skated them much (winter in Canada) but if they're as un-killable as 868's they'll be a worthy replacement.

Lloyd Braun

« Reply #1491 on: December 18, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

My last pair of 868's are just about dust but my girl just scooped me up a pair of 913's. I think Rothdigga said many pages back that the 913 shares a ton of design with the 868, and I can confirm the feel on the foot, support, and heel lock are very close to the 868. Very similar sole as well, but less of a pebble magnet. Haven't skated them much (winter in Canada) but if they're as un-killable as 868's they'll be a worthy replacement.

I’m just stuck on 868s if it’s not broke don’t fix it type deal. Literally the pebble magnet is my only complaint but it’s such a small thing And doesn’t affect how they skate and last.

913s definitely look sick I’m good on shoes for a good while but when I eventually run out I’ll likely switch to the 913s. Also curious to see what Tiagos rumored shoe will look like.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1492 on: December 18, 2019, 03:21:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I’m just stuck on 868s if it’s not broke don’t fix it type deal. Literally the pebble magnet is my only complaint but it’s such a small thing And doesn’t affect how they skate and last.

913s definitely look sick I’m good on shoes for a good while but when I eventually run out I’ll likely switch to the 913s. Also curious to see what Tiagos rumored shoe will look like.

Understandable. I got on the 868's right before they got axed. Total bummer but it's good to know there's workarounds if needed. Also very curious what Tiago will come up with.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1493 on: December 18, 2019, 04:25:24 PM »
Just because they share features doesn’t mean the 868 should be axed completely. That’s a real bummer. Hopefully I can snag a pair. I’ll try to get one 1/2 size up (which surprisingly is the largest size they made?)

Look at Nike with the AJ1, Dunk, Terminator, AF1... all different variations on the same concept.

I suppose it was an expensive shoe to produce so they diverted the recourses to the Westgate.

I do wanna try the 913 and honestly the 288 as well, which I’m not completely sure but I think I would like it’s toe shape more.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 04:26:55 PM by cricketclub »

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1494 on: December 18, 2019, 04:36:44 PM »
Just because they share features doesn’t mean the 868 should be axed completely. That’s a real bummer. Hopefully I can snag a pair. I’ll try to get one 1/2 size up (which surprisingly is the largest size they made?)

Look at Nike with the AJ1, Dunk, Terminator, AF1... all different variations on the same concept.

I suppose it was an expensive shoe to produce so they diverted the recourses to the Westgate.

I do wanna try the 913 and honestly the 288 as well, which I’m not completely sure but I think I would like it’s toe shape more.

Funnily enough I just thrifed a pair of 288's that weren't skated much. Very similar toe box to the Busenitz pro with a bit more sole thickness up front (much needed), but overall very flexible shoe.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1495 on: December 20, 2019, 11:57:55 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #1496 on: December 21, 2019, 07:31:53 AM »
Those black 868s are the shoes I'm skating now that if I'm lucky have 3 sessions left in them. I'd order another pair, but that site kind of sketches me out.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #1497 on: December 23, 2019, 10:29:11 AM »
Black 288 Sport out now, looks sick

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1498 on: December 23, 2019, 12:37:35 PM »
Black 288 Sport out now, looks sick

wow really really nice

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1499 on: December 25, 2019, 06:58:25 PM »
Those black 868s are the shoes I'm skating now that if I'm lucky have 3 sessions left in them. I'd order another pair, but that site kind of sketches me out.
Anyone know of more shops? Different colorways? 10.5-11..

https://www.tactics.com/new-balance/868-skate-shoes/tyler-surrey-green-brown

https://www.zappos.com/p/new-balance-numeric-868-olive-tan/product/9362075/color/9261