Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798737 times)

DanRar009

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3930 on: January 30, 2022, 06:01:10 AM »
What’s the sizing like for the 440s? I like a snug shoe, for instance I can wear a size 12 1010 and 288s but I go down to 11 1/2 in both shoes to get the right feel. Can the same be said about the 440s? Thinking about snagging the Tom Knox colorway

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #3931 on: January 30, 2022, 12:34:20 PM »
What’s the sizing like for the 440s? I like a snug shoe, for instance I can wear a size 12 1010 and 288s but I go down to 11 1/2 in both shoes to get the right feel. Can the same be said about the 440s? Thinking about snagging the Tom Knox colorway

They’re true to size. I wear a 12 in all three of those and they all fit comfortably. If you normally size down a half size for that snug feeling, I would imagine you’ll get the same results.

That said, the 440s I’ve had have all been lows. I assume the highs fit the same.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3932 on: January 31, 2022, 05:10:15 PM »
Any updates on the olive Tiagos in the US? Need a pair asap

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3933 on: January 31, 2022, 05:26:33 PM »
It's finally time to bail on NB#. I just can't find a good fit. I'm a 10 in just about everything.

Just returned some 272s. The NB# sizing is just all over the place for me.

1010: 9.5 too tight/10 too big - I want to try the suede/mesh in a 9.5 tho
306: 10 is a snug fit length-wise (big width and shape is perfect), just a pinch of room in the toe. 10.5 too big
508: too narrow, same sizing issue as the 1010s
255: 10 is too small, 10.5 best fit so far but they hurt the ball of my feet, width and shape is perfect; I also want more padding all around
272: 10 is too long, 9.5 too tight width is ok, if a bit narrow

I've never had such discrepancies between shoes within a brand ,though NB# seems to have more variety when it comes to shoe shapes.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #3934 on: January 31, 2022, 05:56:57 PM »

i dmed them on instagram and they said mid march

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3935 on: January 31, 2022, 06:37:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i dmed them on instagram and they said mid march

Hell yeah thanks for the info. Can’t come soon enough

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3936 on: January 31, 2022, 07:08:54 PM »
Any new colors of 22s on the way or are they being phased out?

wheee!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3937 on: January 31, 2022, 07:12:06 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3938 on: February 01, 2022, 07:40:11 AM »
Can anyone compare the 1010 to the new Skate Half Cab 92? I don’t believe in having just chiller shoes and I found the Gray Day ones on sale. I can’t try on locally. Mostly just wondering about the board feel and bulk once they break in.

skateviewer

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3939 on: February 01, 2022, 08:43:53 AM »
Can anyone compare the 1010 to the new Skate Half Cab 92? I don’t believe in having just chiller shoes and I found the Gray Day ones on sale. I can’t try on locally. Mostly just wondering about the board feel and bulk once they break in.

I've skated the skate half cabs (not the 92s) and they're both 'bulkier' shoes, but the similarities pretty much end there. the 1010s are the most comfortable skate shoes ive ever worn, board feel is pretty medium, hold up for a really long time and break in well. ive tried them in leather and suede, and much prefer the suede.

I found half cabs to kinda smoosh out after a month or so, they have better board feel/better grip and wear down quicker.

if you can get the 1010s on sale, highly recommend trying them even if ur not sure. definitely not for the vans slip on enjoyers but theyre one of the best shoes to skate in right now.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3940 on: February 01, 2022, 09:08:43 AM »
I enjoy Slip ons actually, but not because they’re a thin vulc mostly because of the way they fit my foot and flick. I liked the 440s, but the toe shape of the 1010 seems like a perfect blend of the 2 Vans models I skate.

nigga_please

• Rep: -29
« Reply #3941 on: February 02, 2022, 06:23:21 AM »
Nigga please, Tiago did it again! :o

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3942 on: February 02, 2022, 12:52:15 PM »
they look good. i think i prefer 1010s tho personally.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3943 on: February 02, 2022, 01:16:09 PM »

These look very "golden era" in the best possible way.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3944 on: February 02, 2022, 01:44:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s like an adidas puig with a dose of classic era circa designs
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3945 on: February 02, 2022, 03:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It’s like an adidas puig with a dose of classic era circa designs

? ? ? ?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3946 on: February 02, 2022, 04:20:02 PM »
How long do Tiagos take to break in?

Acky Jacky

« Reply #3947 on: February 02, 2022, 04:25:57 PM »

In my opinion no time at all, depending on how thick of a sole you’re used to skating.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #3948 on: February 02, 2022, 07:08:33 PM »
It's finally time to bail on NB#. I just can't find a good fit. I'm a 10 in just about everything.

306: 10 is a snug fit length-wise (big width and shape is perfect), just a pinch of room in the toe. 10.5 too big
255: 10 is too small, 10.5 best fit so far but they hurt the ball of my feet, width and shape is perfect; I also want more padding all around

I've never had such discrepancies between shoes within a brand ,though NB# seems to have more variety when it comes to shoe shapes.
I was having the same problems with the 1010... 10's were too long, 9.5's too tight and narrow, yet still had some heelslip issues. BUT I just got some 9.5 samples of the new black / tan with orange and they're like a completely different shoe. They fit so good.

I compared them to my other 9.5 pair and the whole upper sits a little higher out of the cupsole, especially at the back. The ankle cuff is literally 5mm taller (see pic below)

I guess this just gives my wide feet more room to fill out.
There's no heelslip, and they feel secure enough that i could probably skate them without even using shoelaces. The only other pair i really felt secure in and enjoyed skating was the brown / black, but they're so nice i don't want to ruin them. I'm DEFINITELY going to skate these.

Not sure if this is a modification that applies to all of the new range or if it's just the samples, but would be curious to find out.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #3949 on: February 02, 2022, 07:14:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I was having the same problems with the 1010... 10's were too long, 9.5's too tight and narrow, yet still had some heelslip issues. BUT I just got some 9.5 samples of the new black / tan with orange and they're like a completely different shoe. They fit so good.

I compared them to my other 9.5 pair and the whole upper sits a little higher out of the cupsole, especially at the back. The ankle cuff is literally 5mm taller (see pic below)

There's no heelslip, and they feel secure enough that i could probably skate them without even using shoelaces. The only other pair i really felt secure in and enjoyed skating was the brown / black, but they're so nice i don't want to ruin them. I'm DEFINITELY going to skate these.

Not sure if this is a modification that applies to all of the new range or if it's just the samples, but would be curious to find out.

do samples go through the same production process as mass release? i was thinking maybe it's a bit more 'tailored' and the measurements are more accurate or something along those lines?
but yeah overall, the fit difference between different versions with different materials (see gray day vs beef and broccoli) and mesh toe vs suede toe is something that haunts me about the 1010.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3950 on: February 02, 2022, 07:35:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

do samples go through the same production process as mass release? i was thinking maybe it's a bit more 'tailored' and the measurements are more accurate or something along those lines?
but yeah overall, the fit difference between different versions with different materials (see gray day vs beef and broccoli) and mesh toe vs suede toe is something that haunts me about the 1010.
I examined them thoroughly to find any traces of different materials or production methods but everything seems exactly the same apart from the height. Same country of origin (Indonesia), same size patch in the tongue, just says SS instead of 9.5.

Oh - one other detail, the tongue is longer/taller 

If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #3951 on: February 02, 2022, 07:52:30 PM »

I think based on how shoe companies work i think Jeff Mikut would have done most of the work.
can your shoe designer skate this well?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #3952 on: February 03, 2022, 03:07:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I examined them thoroughly to find any traces of different materials or production methods but everything seems exactly the same apart from the height. Same country of origin (Indonesia), same size patch in the tongue, just says SS instead of 9.5.

just got my green tiagos and the fit on them is waaaaay better than on the OG Black/black colorway and also the white leather with gum sole!

Also felt like the tongue was longer in the newer colorway.....now i have to look at em side by side if they are taller!
I can wear the newly released green ones super loose and the fit very securely and i have no heel slip at all

MikeX

• Rep: 8
« Reply #3953 on: February 03, 2022, 08:21:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

just got my green tiagos and the fit on them is waaaaay better than on the OG Black/black colorway and also the white leather with gum sole!

Also felt like the tongue was longer in the newer colorway.....now i have to look at em side by side if they are taller!
I can wear the newly released green ones super loose and the fit very securely and i have no heel slip at all

This would be a blessing, I tried on the white leather/gum versions and was so bummed to find that my heels would come out unless I yanked down on the laces to the point where it would be too tight walking around in. I even went down half a size and still had this issue. If what you're saying is true then I'll have to go pick up one of the newer pairs

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #3954 on: February 03, 2022, 08:32:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

oh ho, that's super interesting! thanks for the extra info & pic too, 1010/10 post
like @chillclinton87 said, i'm gonna have to try on some newer colorways and see what's up

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #3955 on: February 03, 2022, 10:20:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In my opinion no time at all, depending on how thick of a sole you’re used to skating.
agreed

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3956 on: February 03, 2022, 10:57:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That’s great news! The green are from the same season as the black/orange, so it sounds like they might have sorted it out?!?

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3957 on: February 03, 2022, 06:57:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
That’s great news! The green are from the same season as the black/orange, so it sounds like they might have sorted it out?!?

If you’re talking about the olive green 1010’s, those are from the current season we’re in. The black and orange are from Winter 2021

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3958 on: February 03, 2022, 07:01:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

If you’re talking about the olive green 1010’s, those are from the current season we’re in. The black and orange are from Winter 2021
Ahh ok my bad, thanks for the heads up

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
« Reply #3959 on: February 04, 2022, 07:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I think based on how shoe companies work i think Jeff Mikut would have done most of the work.
can your shoe designer skate this well?

Village Psychic just ran an interview with Jeff

http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/jeff-mikut

hardly art, hardly starving