Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798764 times)

cornman, Paperclip20 (+ 3 Hidden) and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Theme For A Jackal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #6300 on: August 16, 2023, 08:01:40 AM »
Anyone know when the Reynolds 480 comes out?

Which colorway exactly is the Reynolds one? Keep seeing people mention it but not sure which it was

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #6301 on: August 16, 2023, 08:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Which colorway exactly is the Reynolds one? Keep seeing people mention it but not sure which it was
Brown and black ones. Third in lineup, which means they could be the next to drop 🤞🏾
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 08:31:06 AM by OhioGuy »

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #6302 on: August 16, 2023, 08:08:07 AM »
I am on my first pair of 508s and I love them. They are quite narrow but skate incredible. Just wanted to leave that here.

Very fond of them as well.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6303 on: August 16, 2023, 08:31:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dropping for Xmas 🎄
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #6304 on: August 16, 2023, 08:45:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dropping for Xmas 🎄
kinda hoping they drop in the next month or so. That’s a perfect fall colored shoe

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #6305 on: August 16, 2023, 08:47:08 AM »
Xmas is so far away lol. Hope some other colors drop before then, or the current two get restocked. 'Cause some more dedicated skaters will blow through their first pair by September. Should I just hoard a few pairs now?

Praying for monthly or bi-monthly drops 🙏🏿

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #6306 on: August 16, 2023, 10:06:31 AM »
What are the indoor soccer looking shoes Tom K wears in the new WKND video? Kinda got green reflective n, possible k detail on toe

On the treadmill at 7:42

I watched this back 4 times it appears to be a black leather 272 with WKND imprinted on the toe panels. @rothdigga care to explain?

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6307 on: August 16, 2023, 12:39:48 PM »
I've got 2 sessions in the 480 so far using the stock insole and I'm not sold yet.

Overall they're comfy and very, very grippy. I find the sole to be stiffer than expected and they haven't softened. I feel a well broken in 1010 is more flexible in the forefoot, but the 480 are less bulky. I'm not getting much ankle/foot relief compared to a 440/superfeet combo with the stock insoles. They don't offer as much arch support and I think the thick gel material leads to the more muted board feel. I'm going to try my Superfeet with them next session as I've had more ankle and foot soreness than I expected especially coming off 440s.

I give everything new 5 sessions or so to normalize so we will see how things progress. Flick feels fine, but all my NB tend to flick well and perform well so this is nitpicking. At this point in time I wouldn't choose them as my only shoe and they won't replace 440s or 1010s as I like both more. In a way they are a better fitting version of the Asics Japan S, but the Japan skate better for me due to their flexibility

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #6308 on: August 16, 2023, 12:59:10 PM »
Expand Quote
What are the indoor soccer looking shoes Tom K wears in the new WKND video? Kinda got green reflective n, possible k detail on toe

[close]

I watched this back 4 times it appears to be a black leather 272 with WKND imprinted on the toe panels. @rothdigga care to explain?

I’d DM Tom K.   He’s pretty nice on IG

rothdigga

• Rep: 585
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6309 on: August 16, 2023, 05:20:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’d DM Tom K.   He’s pretty nice on IG
Dare I say "DM Tom K like a man!" ha.  I can't explain what those shoes are...but they sure are something!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #6310 on: August 16, 2023, 05:56:12 PM »
What are the Red & White Low Tops Tom K is wearing? They look fuckin' sick.  NB is killing it atm.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6311 on: August 16, 2023, 10:27:54 PM »
I've got 2 sessions in the 480 so far using the stock insole and I'm not sold yet.

Overall they're comfy and very, very grippy. I find the sole to be stiffer than expected and they haven't softened. I feel a well broken in 1010 is more flexible in the forefoot, but the 480 are less bulky. I'm not getting much ankle/foot relief compared to a 440/superfeet combo with the stock insoles. They don't offer as much arch support and I think the thick gel material leads to the more muted board feel. I'm going to try my Superfeet with them next session as I've had more ankle and foot soreness than I expected especially coming off 440s.
That's worrying for me. 440 already kills my feet :(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6312 on: August 16, 2023, 11:54:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
sheeeet, i'm looking at going to 440s from Vans Era Skates for my feets sake, thinking they'd give em a rest

rikki

• Rep: 302
« Reply #6313 on: August 17, 2023, 12:06:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
sheeeet, i'm looking at going to 440s from Vans Era Skates for my feets sake, thinking they'd give em a rest

440 has been good to my feet, and the 508 even more so. Best shoes in my personal history so far, and I've been through many kinds. Won't go back to e.g. Vans, ever.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 02:07:31 AM by rikki »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6314 on: August 17, 2023, 12:49:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
My case is a special one I'd say since nobody had issues with 440. Don't take my word on this one.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Trilogy

• Rep: -289
« Reply #6315 on: August 17, 2023, 01:56:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dropping for Xmas 🎄
[close]
kinda hoping they drop in the next month or so. That’s a perfect fall colored shoe

This ones look pretty cool, like a suede single color suede Jordan 1, I like it!

Pasta Monster

« Reply #6316 on: August 17, 2023, 03:28:33 AM »
What are the Red & White Low Tops Tom K is wearing? They look fuckin' sick.  NB is killing it atm.

The NJ Skateshop collab?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6317 on: August 17, 2023, 05:50:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The NJ Skateshop collab?

nah these shits

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6318 on: August 17, 2023, 05:56:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

The NJ Skateshop collab?

[close]

nah these shits

They look like 272 to me
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6319 on: August 17, 2023, 06:01:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

They'll be thinner, a bit stiffer, and a much better shoe. You won't go back.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6320 on: August 17, 2023, 06:11:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

Sick!  When I tried them on they fit incredibly well from the get go, dunno whether to go with the highs or lows though.  And these Vans are making my feet ache, but I'm just waiting till they wear through.

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 111
« Reply #6321 on: August 17, 2023, 06:55:51 AM »
Expand Quote
@dstrytruitt - wish you hadn’t called attention to that lace job, that unfortunately cannot be unseen.  Scarring.
[close]
Y’all bullied me into “fixing” them now 😅😋

My bad, man...you do you!

Overall I'm digging the 480s a ton after one session. I would liken them to Dunks but more streamlined/thinner as previously mentioned. Much quicker break-in than Dunks; I actually skated them out of the box. Really grippy shoe and I like the support that the sole provides. 480 isn't as thick as 1010 so the boardfeel is better; again, very similar to a Dunk in this regard. Looking forward to skating these for a while and already leaning toward another pair. Sizing I'm a 11.5 in the 480 and 1010 while an 11 in Dunks and Blazers.

FakieFlipCG

• Rep: 36
« Reply #6322 on: August 17, 2023, 07:37:07 AM »
Just gotta say that NB may not be “core” but it is a brand of my childhood. So many riders getting pro models; Franky’s shoe got its own sole even it’s probably identical to Foy’s performance-wise; fact that they’re remastering popular shoe (440s) and it’s doesn’t feel like cutting costs (janoskis, tyshawn’s); and quality videos. This is fresh and yet more nostalgic than sole tech’s and dc’s reissues.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #6323 on: August 17, 2023, 08:07:41 AM »
NB# 306, from all the models I tried (440, 417, 508) these fit my feet the best. But I don't like the insole with the heavy arch support. Any recommendations there?

And I am not totally sure if I got the right size. They are a US 7 and my left big toe pushes a tiny bit against the inside gum of the shoe. On my right foot it fits perfect. I fear, if I go a half size up the 306 would be too big.
I would really like to support NB# but it is hard to find the right shoe for me.

I am Goofy, so I want my right shoe to feel very snug.
And my left (pushing) foot is like 5mm longer as my right foot. Help.
IG: @flowterspace

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6324 on: August 17, 2023, 08:41:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Sick!  When I tried them on they fit incredibly well from the get go, dunno whether to go with the highs or lows though.  And these Vans are making my feet ache, but I'm just waiting till they wear through.

The lows feel moderately stiffer than the High and fit tighter in the toebox for me, but it's really marginal. I'd chose whatever color you like best and next time when you want your 2nd pair because they're the shit, try the other one.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #6325 on: August 17, 2023, 08:44:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
@dstrytruitt - wish you hadn’t called attention to that lace job, that unfortunately cannot be unseen.  Scarring.
[close]
Y’all bullied me into “fixing” them now 😅😋
[close]

My bad, man...you do you!

Overall I'm digging the 480s a ton after one session. I would liken them to Dunks but more streamlined/thinner as previously mentioned. Much quicker break-in than Dunks; I actually skated them out of the box. Really grippy shoe and I like the support that the sole provides. 480 isn't as thick as 1010 so the boardfeel is better; again, very similar to a Dunk in this regard. Looking forward to skating these for a while and already leaning toward another pair. Sizing I'm a 11.5 in the 480 and 1010 while an 11 in Dunks and Blazers.

I only agree about the grip. I've got a 3 session pair of 1010 that are easier to flex in the forefoot with your hand and the boardfeel is better. You can take the insole out and feel that they're thinner in the forefoot by a tiny amount. For me the board feel is not what I'd hoped for yet, but I think some of that is the stock insole. I tried them again with my Superfeet and thought it was a tiny bit better. Overall I'm really liking the aesthetics and comfort, but the sole stiffness has been a bit of a let down.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #6326 on: August 17, 2023, 10:09:07 AM »
chiming in on the 480s too

so far i only wore them for work/ my day twice or so. they are still on the stiffer side wich i will probably like skating wise. somehow didn't think that shoe will feel so protective when it comes to the sole. they do not fit my feet perfectly but not that i have heel slip either.....kinda weird, i thought they would be very different. fuel cell midsole feels so good though!

will have time to skate them saturday and will likely report back

Edit: regarding @LebowskisRug: Totally understandable that they feel like "too much sole" to you since 1010s as well as 440s are way more flexible. as much as the 1010s look as a shoe, the really nailed the toearea on the sole when it comes to the fine line between protection and boardfeel/ flex
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 10:27:07 AM by chillclinton87 »

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #6327 on: August 17, 2023, 12:30:50 PM »
I got some 480s. I have medium/wide feet and wear a size 10 in the 440 low, 1010, 306, 255 and my toes were getting squeezed for the first week. The 480 is the first NB# shoe I got in my actual size of 9.5. They fit perfectly. Plenty of toe room.

Skated them right out of the box. They are stiff, especially since I came from skating half cabs for the last couple years with the occasional Dunk. The first session was mostly to break them in but I am surprised at how good the grip is right out of the box. The best part, My feet were not sore after the 2.5 hour session. I had the first session in years without experiencing pain in my forefoot.

Once they break in I expect them to be great. The only complaint is that the outside of the toe cap will probably fall apart relatively quickly. If they would do a turn and stitch on the toe cap like the SB Dunks it would be more durable. 30 minutes in I took a quick break to superglue the stitching. This should help a lot. The only other improvement I hope they make would be to add tongue straps.

The 480 is much better than a Dunk in my opinion so far. Looking forward to seeing how they skate and hold up.
How much for an order of ribs?

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6328 on: August 17, 2023, 03:55:25 PM »
I need a pair

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #6329 on: August 17, 2023, 04:20:21 PM »
very lovely shoe, no pinching or feeling of being too big in any areas. i got tts (same as what i wear in 440s if it matters) and find the lacing job i do on these is not too tight or too loose to get the right snugness i like.