Author Topic: jerry hsu is overrated  (Read 417 times)

fatfuckingfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
jerry hsu is overrated
« on: June 14, 2021, 10:32:49 PM »
Look there’s no good way to say it. I’m well aware of his popularity and his video parts. I’ve watched all of them. But I have to say the guy is severely overrated.

His NBDs are weak. His “goofy tricks” are outdone by people like Louie Barletta. He’s known for his flat ground sorcery, but the best trick in his arsenal is a nollie backside flip late flip, which was done by Koston a decade before.

His photos are weak. He’s not Ed Templeton. I get that he’s “brooding and deep” but come on. It comes off as wildly pretentious.

His style is similar to Jeff Dechesare. Wacky slinky man style, holds his wrists out like some kinda emo kid, and does a lot of slow moving fakie tricks. I don’t get what the hype is. For people not from California, his video parts were repeated by random ass kids the very next day. Every “NBD” he did was redone the very next day by some 12 year old.

Enjoi is a solid team and they have fun parts with fun songs. But anyone thinking Jerry Hsu is a good skater is misled. He was lucky to ride the hype when it came out. Right place, right time. If he came out today he wouldn’t even be sponsored. Stop idolizing him.