Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 562299 times)

skippersoldballs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 72
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #4890 on: February 19, 2023, 07:15:07 AM »
Chivalry 2 has kept me sane during this nasty winter. Awesome online medieval battle game, similar to battlefield but with swords n shit. If you have an xbox you can get it for free with gamepass, 10/10 best game i’ve played in years.

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #4891 on: February 21, 2023, 11:22:00 AM »
Chivalry 2 has kept me sane during this nasty winter. Awesome online medieval battle game, similar to battlefield but with swords n shit. If you have an xbox you can get it for free with gamepass, 10/10 best game i’ve played in years.

shit I didn't know it was on gamepass. I've been playing mordhau a ton the past few years but chiv 2 looks like it takes itself way less seriously. I love how deep the gameplay is in mordhau but honestly chiv 2 looks like it'd scratch the itch I have for a game to play faded as fuck and kick the shit out of mfs monty python style. do you know if it's on gamepass for pc or just console?

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #4892 on: February 22, 2023, 01:58:17 AM »
Played hades the last couple of weeks and I’m having a lot of fun. Builds vary a lot between runs. Controls are tight. Gameplay has bullet-hell aspects, but is still manageable for someone with slow hand-eye coordination.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #4893 on: February 24, 2023, 09:10:33 PM »
Played hades the last couple of weeks and I’m having a lot of fun. Builds vary a lot between runs. Controls are tight. Gameplay has bullet-hell aspects, but is still manageable for someone with slow hand-eye coordination.
I remember when I saw Hades I was like, how is this game getting GOTY hype when Last of Us part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima were both amazing. Then I got it when it was ported to PS5, and I absolutely loved it, a true masterpiece of a game.

Since then I have a built a pretty good gaming PC, and my steam account has Hades 2 wishlisted, and I'm buying it the day it enters early access. As for games I've played recently, I beat Hi-Fi Rush on PC gamepass last week, and am now finally playing Halo: Infinite campaign mode.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #4894 on: February 24, 2023, 11:35:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I remember when I saw Hades I was like, how is this game getting GOTY hype when Last of Us part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima were both amazing. Then I got it when it was ported to PS5, and I absolutely loved it, a true masterpiece of a game.

Since then I have a built a pretty good gaming PC, and my steam account has Hades 2 wishlisted, and I'm buying it the day it enters early access. As for games I've played recently, I beat Hi-Fi Rush on PC gamepass last week, and am now finally playing Halo: Infinite campaign mode.

I hope hades 2 gets ported to ps5 or switch at some point. No way I’m gonna build myself a gaming computer.

I reacted the same way to hades, when it came out. Especially since i didn’t like supergiant other games Transitor or Bastion - And the art style looked kind of the same to me. Snagged it during a sale and wanted to find out what the hype about it was. I was extremely surprised how amazing and addictive it is.
My ten year old son is also extremely hooked. Already made it out for the first time.
Such a killer game

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #4895 on: February 25, 2023, 10:35:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I hope hades 2 gets ported to ps5 or switch at some point. No way I’m gonna build myself a gaming computer.

I reacted the same way to hades, when it came out. Especially since i didn’t like supergiant other games Transitor or Bastion - And the art style looked kind of the same to me. Snagged it during a sale and wanted to find out what the hype about it was. I was extremely surprised how amazing and addictive it is.
My ten year old son is also extremely hooked. Already made it out for the first time.
Such a killer game

Not a chance in hell Hades 2 doesn't come to PS5, whether it'll come to Switch or not I guess depends on whether Switch 2 rumors come true or not and how soon but it'll definitely be on whatever the flagship Nintendo console is... maybe not at launch but I'd bet it likely will.

First game was kind of a surprise but it did extremely well so they'll be ready this time around

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #4896 on: February 25, 2023, 10:49:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Such a killer game
[close]

Not a chance in hell Hades 2 doesn't come to PS5, whether it'll come to Switch or not I guess depends on whether Switch 2 rumors come true or not and how soon but it'll definitely be on whatever the flagship Nintendo console is... maybe not at launch but I'd bet it likely will.

First game was kind of a surprise but it did extremely well so they'll be ready this time around
It will likely come to every platform at some point. I just believe it's only going into early access on PC, which I believe it did for the original game.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4897 on: February 25, 2023, 04:35:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Such a killer game
[close]

[close]
It will likely come to every platform at some point. I just believe it's only going into early access on PC, which I believe it did for the original game.

For sure, consoles aren't really a stable platform to do an early release build on (Not to mention devs have to pay Sony and Microsoft to push updates through for them so there's a real financial reason not to update the game continually)

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #4898 on: February 25, 2023, 07:09:28 PM »

Hades is so good. I played it a little over a year ago and couldn’t stop once I started. Very satisfying to fugue out builds that work and learn the bosses.

leafman4000

• Rep: 29
« Reply #4899 on: February 25, 2023, 09:06:49 PM »
started a new Minecraft world with some of the homies today, forgot how much fun it is. I remember seeing someone talk about slap needing a Minecraft server while I was lurking like a year or two ago, would be sick if one got running
I thought skaters were tough and got laid. Way off

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #4900 on: February 26, 2023, 06:44:12 AM »
Fuckin hogwarts legacy is taking over my life

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4901 on: February 28, 2023, 07:01:03 PM »
late to the chat but RDR2 is incredible

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4902 on: March 09, 2023, 07:08:40 AM »
Been playing the Resident Evil remake games... Beat 1 over the weekend and then been plugging through 2 the last couple nights. Played these games as a kid but for whatever reason in my adulthood I've been too scared to play horror games so I'm trying to be brave and get through them. First two are terrific games though, never played 3.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #4903 on: March 09, 2023, 07:56:34 AM »
Been playing the Resident Evil remake games... Beat 1 over the weekend and then been plugging through 2 the last couple nights. Played these games as a kid but for whatever reason in my adulthood I've been too scared to play horror games so I'm trying to be brave and get through them. First two are terrific games though, never played 3.
fwiw, the RE3 remake was disappointing in comparison to RE2 remake. Play it if you want, but I wouldn't recommend spending money on it.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4904 on: March 09, 2023, 09:56:31 AM »

Still playing this. Ithis car kinda sucks. It doesn't slide
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4905 on: March 09, 2023, 09:57:36 AM »

This is a boss run right here. I kill
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #4906 on: March 09, 2023, 11:55:30 PM »
Resident evil 7 and subnautica are the scariest games I’ve ever played. I still haven’t fully beat subnautica because it’s so terrifying.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4907 on: March 10, 2023, 07:47:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fwiw, the RE3 remake was disappointing in comparison to RE2 remake. Play it if you want, but I wouldn't recommend spending money on it.

It's only $10 on Steam so I feel like I can't go wrong but yeah I've heard nothing outstanding about it. I never played the original so feel like I might as well on the road to the 4 remake.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4908 on: March 10, 2023, 07:47:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Resident evil 7 and subnautica are the scariest games I’ve ever played. I still haven’t fully beat subnautica because it’s so terrifying.

Not gonna lie I tried to play 7 but it was too much for me lol, I think being first person is inherently scarier imo

That's crazy to hear about Subnautica because it just looks like a cute exploration/underwater sim but I never looked at it too closely

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #4909 on: March 10, 2023, 08:31:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Not gonna lie I tried to play 7 but it was too much for me lol, I think being first person is inherently scarier imo

That's crazy to hear about Subnautica because it just looks like a cute exploration/underwater sim but I never looked at it too closely

I just got the PSVR2 and people say that Village is good fun, honestly haven't played RE since #5 on ps3 and will give it go in the next few weeks

I also signed back up to PS plus and have been fucking around with F1 manager 22

Bill Salt

« Reply #4910 on: March 10, 2023, 08:40:21 AM »
Double Dragon in 1988.I started skating after that.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #4911 on: March 10, 2023, 12:52:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It's only $10 on Steam so I feel like I can't go wrong but yeah I've heard nothing outstanding about it. I never played the original so feel like I might as well on the road to the 4 remake.
Eh, at least you didn't fall victim to paying full price like I did. It's worth a playthrough at a $10 price tag.
Also highly recommend RE7 and RE:Village. Both are incredible.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4912 on: March 10, 2023, 01:06:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Eh, at least you didn't fall victim to paying full price like I did. It's worth a playthrough at a $10 price tag.

I'm gonna give 7 another shot one of these days, I got too spooked in the intro but I think if I make it out of that first house I'll be alright

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #4913 on: March 10, 2023, 01:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'm gonna give 7 another shot one of these days, I got too spooked in the intro but I think if I make it out of that first house I'll be alright

I couldn’t deal with the first person perspective of re7. Tried twice but ended up dropping it. RE2 remake was outstanding, re3 remake was…4 hours long. Pretty fun for a quick game, once I realized you can “down” the big fucker. I was just running away from him slaughtered before I realized that. OG RE4 is amazing, played it a few years ago. Remake should be dope, but honestly the original still holds up once you get past the lack of strafing

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4914 on: March 11, 2023, 01:24:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I couldn’t deal with the first person perspective of re7. Tried twice but ended up dropping it. RE2 remake was outstanding, re3 remake was…4 hours long. Pretty fun for a quick game, once I realized you can “down” the big fucker. I was just running away from him slaughtered before I realized that. OG RE4 is amazing, played it a few years ago. Remake should be dope, but honestly the original still holds up once you get past the lack of strafing

Played this new RE4 remake demo last night and man it feels and looks great. The dagger parrying is so fun.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #4915 on: March 13, 2023, 06:08:39 AM »
Been playing Metroid Prime Remastered over the last couple weeks. I never played the original so it's all new to me. Having a pretty good time.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #4916 on: March 13, 2023, 06:32:01 AM »
Been playing more Guilty Gear Strive now that they’ve added cross play.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4917 on: March 13, 2023, 08:50:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Played this new RE4 remake demo last night and man it feels and looks great. The dagger parrying is so fun.

The original RE4 was the most satisfying game to beat for me… RE5 was meh. OG Resident evil 2 still my favorite.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #4918 on: March 21, 2023, 03:04:35 PM »
late to the chat but RDR2 is incredible

I agree. I just finished the main story the other day.

The first few hours really engaged me even though it was slow as all hell. I played it just charging through the story cause I wasn't really wanting to put 100hrs into another open world game.

Kinda regret that, but I also don't want to restart a new campaign. Maybe come back to it in a year or two play the bad honor side.

Is the epilogue story for RDR2 decent? I've put a couple hours in, but it seems even slower than the beginning....

SPOILER

SPOILER

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #4919 on: March 22, 2023, 05:17:30 AM »
Is the epilogue story for RDR2 decent?

100% yes. It picks up steam after the farmhand bit.