Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 174026 times)

Acid Drop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #810 on: February 18, 2023, 06:53:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I can't hold my shit at all. If the bathroom is occupied I will take poo in my room on a handy towel and then flush the parcel after the fact.
[close]

While pooping onto a paper towel in your bedroom, do you ever pause and wonder “Where did it all go wrong?”
[close]

I used to live with 3 other people and we had one bathroom. One morning my roommate was taking a shower and I had to shit really bad. I was trying to get him out of the bathroom but he was being an asshole and not cooperating. I had to go so bad I started looking around for a reasonable place to relieve myself, and spotted and empty pizza box from the night before
[close]

I lived with this married couple when I was 21 and one of them would frequently walk in the shared bathroom while I was showering and just take a shit and talk to me throughout the process.

I miss that crazy old bastard. RIP Jeff.
[close]

I would totally not be fucking okay with that.

Steam vapours are a hell of a drug.
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -433
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #811 on: February 18, 2023, 07:05:12 PM »
Probably my weirdest quirk is that I find it very demeaning to be like “occupied! busy!” when somebody is trying to get into the bathroom so like the last three times it happened I just let them walk in and make eye contact until they leave. I was staying in a hostel where you had individual rooms and a shared bathroom about a month ago, this guy walks in while I’m getting naked about to shower (unbeknownst to me the lock was broken), he’s like “oh shit my bad dude” I’m like “haha don’t worry man it’s cool” he starts to walk in then stops and asks me to hand him something from the shower, it’s a fucking rubber kitchen spatula. Like the kind you use to spread icing on a cake. Idk how that dude worked it into his shower routine but he was cool

switchfakie

« Reply #812 on: February 18, 2023, 08:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Skate park bowls are meh. Idky everyone wants to build those. Waste of street course space. Who the fuck wants to hang up on a front side slash fall to flat at the concrete park when you can build a back yard ramp and get good fast.

I'm too old to steal wood but I'd definitely steal some coping for someone else's build. Go out rob a work sight. Build a ramp with your homies.

Maybe you can get a vert guy as soty in a few years. Definitely not going to happen if kids ain't building ramps.
[close]

how many skaters do you know who have space for a backyard ramp? hell most don't even have a backyard.

i sometimes jealous of those who are really good at transition because it means they got to grow up with the privileges of having ramps/parks to skate

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #813 on: February 18, 2023, 10:19:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Skate park bowls are meh. Idky everyone wants to build those. Waste of street course space. Who the fuck wants to hang up on a front side slash fall to flat at the concrete park when you can build a back yard ramp and get good fast.

I'm too old to steal wood but I'd definitely steal some coping for someone else's build. Go out rob a work sight. Build a ramp with your homies.

Maybe you can get a vert guy as soty in a few years. Definitely not going to happen if kids ain't building ramps.
[close]

how many skaters do you know who have space for a backyard ramp? hell most don't even have a backyard.
[close]

i sometimes jealous of those who are really good at transition because it means they got to grow up with the privileges of having ramps/parks to skate

why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #814 on: February 18, 2023, 10:21:29 PM »
Everyone would rip tranny if there was more wooden ramps. Especially spines.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #815 on: February 18, 2023, 10:45:44 PM »
Everyone would rip transition more if they didn’t outgrow being 9….

roll_dog

« Reply #816 on: February 19, 2023, 08:18:51 AM »
Everyone would rip tranny if there was more wooden ramps. Especially spines.

nah I agree with this one, slamming on wood is preferable to concrete. takes some of the fear out for pooseys like me.

Terminal

« Reply #817 on: February 19, 2023, 09:20:25 AM »
Kris Markovich is ripping at the moment. Been really enjoying the footage he's been putting out.

IpathCats

« Reply #818 on: February 19, 2023, 10:14:42 AM »
Everyone would rip transition more if they didn’t outgrow being 9….

Haha, I love this take.

Transition skating is a child's game.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #819 on: February 19, 2023, 10:29:34 AM »
Kris Markovich is ripping at the moment. Been really enjoying the footage he's been putting out.

The more he skates the less shitty mask art he makes and the less he talks. Win win win lol

nothing's been the since same

Terminal

« Reply #820 on: February 19, 2023, 11:08:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The more he skates the less shitty mask art he makes and the less he talks. Win win win lol
The mask art doesn't bother me. If it makes him happy, go for it. No troll, genuine question. What warrants the strong dislike among Slappers with Markovich. What'd he say/do?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
« Reply #821 on: February 19, 2023, 12:00:53 PM »
Skating is more about your pants than your setup.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 267
  • often correct
« Reply #822 on: February 19, 2023, 04:18:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why put street obstacles in a skatepark when you have a whole city of streets? Skate parks are for tranny
why put quarterpipes in a skatepark when there are whole suburbs full of backyard pools?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #823 on: February 19, 2023, 04:18:43 PM »

I agree with this. I don't feel on on with out my short shorts.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #824 on: February 19, 2023, 04:20:57 PM »
While no doubt a joke this is pretty accurate as far as it's all in your head/more about how you feel than actual scientific measurements

vinithebr

• Rep: -20
« Reply #825 on: February 19, 2023, 05:43:32 PM »
I miss having a backyard, well my family still has one but I'm only there once a week, fuck apartments. I remember learning so much so fast.

I don't use 80% of the skateparks near me but others do so it's understandable, I almost died trying to bs slash once so I'm keeping my distance from ramps.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #826 on: February 19, 2023, 06:09:53 PM »
yup...I can't say I subscribe to any of those points....

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1187
« Reply #827 on: February 19, 2023, 06:15:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
While no doubt a joke this is pretty accurate as far as it's all in your head/more about how you feel than actual scientific measurements

Sort of half joking.  But now that I think about it, I’d much rather ride a completely busted setup than try to skate in some Andy Schrock lookin-ass skinny jeans.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #828 on: February 19, 2023, 07:02:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Sort of half joking.  But now that I think about it, I’d much rather ride a completely busted setup than try to skate in some Andy Schrock lookin-ass skinny jeans.

Imagine growing up now and your millennial dad wears skinny jeans

nothing's been the since same

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
« Reply #829 on: February 19, 2023, 07:06:19 PM »
Andy's style would improve if he wore baggies because then you wouldn't see the bow leggedness as much. I'm not sure t would help when it comes to falling though because he falls in a kind of unusual way.
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #830 on: February 19, 2023, 07:31:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
While no doubt a joke this is pretty accurate as far as it's all in your head/more about how you feel inseam & leg width than actual scientific measurements

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #831 on: February 19, 2023, 09:29:07 PM »
I know you guys are tired of my incessant Reynolds hate but the man filmed an amazing magnum opus borderline retirement part for Stay Gold and picked a fucking Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes song. This is your GOAT?

Current Capeless

« Reply #832 on: February 19, 2023, 11:46:33 PM »
bitching about transistion in a skatepark is the dumbest take, learn how to carve a bowl its fun

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #833 on: February 20, 2023, 01:59:13 AM »
bitching about transistion in a skatepark is the dumbest take, learn how to carve a bowl its fun

Hence it’s inclusion in this thread.
You remember which thread this is, right?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Current Capeless

« Reply #834 on: February 20, 2023, 02:01:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hence it’s inclusion in this thread.
You remember which thread this is, right?

seems kind of unpopular

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #835 on: February 20, 2023, 06:57:46 AM »
bowls and transitions usually eat most of the budget......it' sucks when a bunch of old heads insist on a big coping bowl and they just skate it the first year the park is in, then it sits empty.....nice legacy....vs. a flat open area with a bunch of mellow stuff to skate. 

doublesteveburger

« Reply #836 on: February 20, 2023, 07:12:45 AM »
I know you guys are tired of my incessant Reynolds hate but the man filmed an amazing magnum opus borderline retirement part for Stay Gold and picked a fucking Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes song. This is your GOAT?

You're 100% entitled to your unpopular opinion in this thread but I'm starting to see a pattern in your opinions in that they're lacking context. First Muska, now this Reynolds take.

That song, on its own, is fucking so ass, but in the context of the Stay Gold era and how anticipated that part was it totally worked. Sidenote I'm pretty sure Andrew originally wanted to use the Nick Cave song Dustin used in Let's Live. Wonder if that would've changed any perception at all.

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 27
« Reply #837 on: February 20, 2023, 07:14:17 AM »
bowls and transitions usually eat most of the budget......it' sucks when a bunch of old heads insist on a big coping bowl and they just skate it the first year the park is in, then it sits empty.....nice legacy....vs. a flat open area with a bunch of mellow stuff to skate.

ok unpopular opinion thread...

street eat the most space - which is inner city much more budget then construction cost flat/street vs Flow/Bowl.
300-400m2 you can get a phantastic bowl you can skate for the next 20years.
Streetwise you fit a flatrail and a ledge on it.  Which is ok for warm up before street skating -but will not hype you
to spend the full day skating the park- which shoud be the purpose of a skatepark.

My real opinion is - if you want build a proper skatepark today - you need both. Not Street vs Transition anymore.
At least minimum 800m2 street  better 1200m2 to have 4-5 proper and separated lines - so you can use the park with 20 people without getting in trouble + 300-400m2 Bowl.
Everything below is just a weak compromise and will not be a complete skatepark being able to satisfy all future users.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #838 on: February 20, 2023, 07:16:57 AM »
I grew up never skating a legit bowl, and only saw emptied backyard pools in videos. When we got our first all concrete skate park, you bet your ass I learned how to skate the big bowl as opposed to skating another ledge that I can find anywhere in the streets.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #839 on: February 20, 2023, 07:58:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're 100% entitled to your unpopular opinion in this thread but I'm starting to see a pattern in your opinions in that they're lacking context. First Muska, now this Reynolds take.

That song, on its own, is fucking so ass, but in the context of the Stay Gold era and how anticipated that part was it totally worked. Sidenote I'm pretty sure Andrew originally wanted to use the Nick Cave song Dustin used in Let's Live. Wonder if that would've changed any perception at all.

If that’s a polite way of saying I don’t actually shit about skating you’re 100% right, just like to poke a little fun at tHe bOsS that part was magical when it came out, I think I actually cried a bit

Longboarding may be corny but i long boarded at night on three tabs of acid once when I was 17 and it was probably the best feeling I’ve ever had on a skateboard, can’t highly recommend enough