Author Topic: 2023 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 174005 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1089
Re: 2023 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #3180 on: December 14, 2023, 06:40:45 AM »
Honestly I’m fine with nearly any apple which isn’t a Red Delicious.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

JM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • sup dog
« Reply #3181 on: December 14, 2023, 08:51:02 AM »
Red delicious is like munching on geriatric gums.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 7
  • fresh
« Reply #3182 on: December 14, 2023, 08:57:02 AM »
Arguing about what musick you like isn’t sick.
It’s sick. You have ego problem and can’t hear the vibes. Can I eat chocolate ice cream? Is that ok with you? Do you have control all senses? Do we have to like alive and chains and can’t like nirvana? What if it’s 50/50 or I don’t give a fuck cuz OutKast speaks to me more then either one of then and I’m not wearing no bib overalls and leaning the flute I’m just saying that’s what I like. Why you got to make a list is you Santa Claus and checking it twice? Truthfully I talk hella shit but I lie all the time too. I’m sorry. Happy new years.
im a huge fan of both and have bought CDs cassettes and vinyls from both. just think one is better than the other. talking about music is just fun theres no ego issue when talking abt music unless you take it too seriously. this jinn post i read is interesting.
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #3183 on: December 14, 2023, 08:58:09 AM »
also granny smith is an amazing apple to munch on. especially if they cold and perfectly ripe. tart>sweet anyday for me.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #3184 on: December 14, 2023, 11:36:31 AM »
Im into the apple discussion. I moved from michigan about five years ago and one of the main things I miss is apple orchards with cider and donuts. Anyone here fw cider mills and fresh cider (and/or fresh hard cider)?

Even the apples at the grocery store are better in MI vs CO.  Envy and red delicious are the worst, all others it just depends on the day what I want.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -433
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3185 on: December 15, 2023, 01:23:09 AM »
Oh boohoo. I drink Yoo-hoo too. Call your therapist.
Yoo-hoo is a fantastic beverage. Would never be chagrined seeing a man enjoy a succulent chocolate milk. Peace and blessings to you my brother.

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #3186 on: December 15, 2023, 05:22:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Braeburn all the way. Big enough to still a decent hunger, thirst-quenchingly juicy, perfect sweet-tart balance, and so crisp you risk losing your teeth when you don't focus on your bite. Cox and Elstar are a decent stand-in option, if needs must.

Granny Smith's are nice, but only in the summer of course (I'm not an animal).

Goudreinet is an exciting bit of Russian roulette; the sour and tartness can hit some spots that you didn't know needed to be hit, but there's a chance of it getting all too much. In any case; don't go overboard, only eat one every couple of weeks.

Golden Delicious, and every bland, unimaginative and tired old soul that counts them as their favorite, can fuck right off. The same goes for Pink Lady, but for entirely different reasons; you're not a child, you don't need nice colours and overbearing sweetness, you just need a kick up your tastebuds.

I've never had a Red Delicious that was actually nice, but I do enjoy them in theory.
[close]
Pink Lady's have a higher rating than Braeburn at applerankings.com.  86 vs 73
https://applerankings.com/sour-apples/

How bout dem apples?  8)
[close]
Applerankings.com
The ONE website for all of your British & Jamaican Ska, Rocksteady, Dancehall & Dub needs!

you've got my attention Lou

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #3187 on: December 15, 2023, 05:27:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Braeburn all the way. Big enough to still a decent hunger, thirst-quenchingly juicy, perfect sweet-tart balance, and so crisp you risk losing your teeth when you don't focus on your bite. Cox and Elstar are a decent stand-in option, if needs must.

Goudreinet is an exciting bit of Russian roulette; the sour and tartness can hit some spots that you didn't know needed to be hit, but there's a chance of it getting all too much. In any case; don't go overboard, only eat one every couple of weeks.

Golden Delicious, and every bland, unimaginative and tired old soul that counts them as their favorite, can fuck right off. The same goes for Pink Lady, but for entirely different reasons; you're not a child, you don't need nice colours and overbearing sweetness, you just need a kick up your tastebuds.

I've never had a Red Delicious that was actually nice, but I do enjoy them in theory.
[close]

How bout dem apples?  8)
[close]
Applerankings.com
The ONE website for all of your British & Jamaican Ska, Rocksteady, Dancehall & Dub needs!
does 311 count as jamacian ska

breezy_again

« Reply #3188 on: December 15, 2023, 05:36:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

How bout dem apples?  8)
[close]
Applerankings.com
[close]
does 311 count as jamacian ska

fuck no

breezy_again

« Reply #3189 on: December 15, 2023, 05:36:50 AM »
i had to let an elf go one time because 311 was her favorite band, its been a red flag ever since

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #3190 on: December 15, 2023, 05:43:42 AM »
i had to let an elf go one time because 311 was her favorite band, its been a red flag ever since
it was joke. i own 0 311 albums. come back breezy i love you  :'(

Chickenparmesan

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3191 on: December 15, 2023, 04:03:20 PM »

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -449
« Reply #3192 on: December 15, 2023, 07:15:56 PM »
Some of you never pushed around an actual city and it shows by your hatred of big wheels. Your post smell like skateparks and your reference to a scooter confirms that.
i live in new york city lmfao i skate literally everywhere. difference between you and me is that i can flip the board in the street when i feel like it...let's be real if you see a rando riding big wheels it means they have zero flatground skills. it's a pathetic statement that you've given up on flip tricks. since you're defending big wheels so hard if anything you're the skater trapped in a park...

52 classics for life and I be skating shitty east coast spots all the time. It's not that hard lol.
i didn't expect to upset anyone but yeah could be a self esteem/confidence issue with them. like a fear that if your wheels are too small you won't be able to do shit, or they're fundamentally insecure and maybe big wheels makes them feel more manly hence the dick measurement comparisons. all I'm pointing out is that a setup with big wheels is a chosen handicap and it looks disgusting.

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #3193 on: December 15, 2023, 07:56:29 PM »

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #3194 on: December 15, 2023, 08:03:17 PM »
y'all sound like a bunch of cluckin' hens...

burntout

• Rep: -46
« Reply #3195 on: December 15, 2023, 10:33:45 PM »
thrasher lost credibility after giving tyshawn soty last year

lurkluke

• Rep: 180
« Reply #3196 on: December 15, 2023, 11:29:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Some of you never pushed around an actual city and it shows by your hatred of big wheels. Your post smell like skateparks and your reference to a scooter confirms that.
[close]
i live in new york city lmfao i skate literally everywhere. difference between you and me is that i can flip the board in the street when i feel like it...let's be real if you see a rando riding big wheels it means they have zero flatground skills. it's a pathetic statement that you've given up on flip tricks. since you're defending big wheels so hard if anything you're the skater trapped in a park...

Expand Quote
52 classics for life and I be skating shitty east coast spots all the time. It's not that hard lol.
[close]
i didn't expect to upset anyone but yeah could be a self esteem/confidence issue with them. like a fear that if your wheels are too small you won't be able to do shit, or they're fundamentally insecure and maybe big wheels makes them feel more manly hence the dick measurement comparisons. all I'm pointing out is that a setup with big wheels is a chosen handicap and it looks disgusting.

This is the weirdest fuckin take I've seen on Slap.

Big wheels = self esteem issues?  Fried brain behaviour

thanksgiving

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #3197 on: December 16, 2023, 12:36:37 AM »
to get in on the apple discussion:

apple pears >

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #3198 on: December 16, 2023, 06:34:17 AM »
People need to stop filming at the muni handrail until someone comes even remotely close to matching Blake carpenter’s sw flip back tail. Nobody else has even come close that I’m aware of.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -300
« Reply #3199 on: December 16, 2023, 06:39:29 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't like the skating of dick rizzo
[close]
I’m lukewarm on Rizzo. Sometimes I’m like “that was sick”, but a lot of the time I’m like “I (or my homie) could do that”. His tricks are a little too easy/basic for me to really be hyped on him.

Oh and re: big wheels, if you’re riding 56s and aren’t Kader, I assume you don’t flip your board

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #3200 on: December 16, 2023, 07:31:10 AM »
I ride 56s and have a big dick so there

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1089
« Reply #3201 on: December 16, 2023, 07:53:14 AM »
Does anyone else just buy wheels in the 53-55mm range and then I skate them until they're sub-~50mm, and otherwise never think about wheel size?
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #3202 on: December 16, 2023, 09:04:56 AM »
i don’t really like mark humaniac’s skating, like the tricks are good on paper but his style is too pointy or something, just doesn’t hit for me

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
« Reply #3203 on: December 16, 2023, 09:09:40 AM »
I’m okay with black wheels

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #3204 on: December 16, 2023, 10:19:35 AM »
I’m okay with black wheels
I think I've said it in every years trend watch and been wrong but I think they're still getting more popular. I skate asphalt a lot so white wheels always look like shit and I'd def consider just getting black wheels if a set was available

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #3205 on: December 16, 2023, 11:18:06 AM »
Does anyone else just buy wheels in the 53-55mm range and then I skate them until they're sub-~50mm, and otherwise never think about wheel size?
Also this. But I’ll definitely be like - ok now they’re too small at some point

Chickenparmesan

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3206 on: December 16, 2023, 07:25:24 PM »
I do this as of recently. 53’s then just not care for a long time. I personally know a couple pros with full Spit sponsorship that skate old ass wheels. Probably pushing 46s now. I get it, it’s nice to not be overly concerned with

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #3207 on: December 16, 2023, 07:54:59 PM »
if you wear nike or adidas you are a poser

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 267
  • often correct
« Reply #3208 on: December 16, 2023, 08:28:33 PM »
poser is a meaningless word in 2023

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #3209 on: December 16, 2023, 09:50:59 PM »
i don’t really like mark humaniac’s skating, like the tricks are good on paper but his style is too pointy or something, just doesn’t hit for me
He skates kinda wimpy