Author Topic: Dekline containment thread  (Read 3587 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Dekline containment thread
« on: January 18, 2014, 04:26:58 PM »
Made the switch a few weeks ago. Currently riding the timtims and they are awesome, and very cost effective.

Take a look at their website, they are killing it... Matt B just got a shoe, probably going to try it next

I never paid attention to this brand, but I'm glad I found them.. VERY good grip (rivals waffle grip) and all lightweight classy shoes. Dekline gets my seal of approval. Compared to other discount brands like Vox, Dekline is KING
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 04:29:02 PM by Tracer »

micky682

Re: Dekline containment thread
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »
I'm here to talk Dekline, not Tracer. And yes the shoes are great for their cost and for being skater owned. The Tim Tims could become a staple shoe for years to come.

david_cas_cas

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »
I have Tim Tims and they're great but run really small for me. The only shoe I've ever had to size up a half.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 10:21:32 AM »
never had a pair, but ive been thinking about it. no local shops carry dekline, so im a bit hesitant to order a pair online since i dont know how they fit.

its kinda funny, one of the shops i go to, when they were first starting out 10 years ago, dekline was the only shoe account they had for months, maybe even the first year. as soon as they had pretty much everything else in their shop, they dropped dekline and havent carried them in probably 6 or 7 years.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
Good thing this thread is contained....it could have gotten out of hand.....

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »
Dekline has always been sick in my book. If I can find a pair of those CT Slip Ons pretty soon I'll buy them. Has anyone skated the slips?

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

mariomister

• Rep: 15
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:12:46 AM »
for sure one of the best skateshoes out there.
skateboarders owned.

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • JACKASS
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:35 AM »
i THOUGHT THEY MADE BACKPACKZ

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »
I have Tim Tims and they're great but run really small for me. The only shoe I've ever had to size up a half.

Glad someone else thinks this. Do all of the shoes run that way? My normal 9.5's i had to stop skating because i was so smashed in there that i was having some ankle pain.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 11:28:46 PM »
Fuck Dekline.  I really hate to be negative towards a "skater-owned" brand.  Especially a "skater-owned" footwear brand of which there aren't many left.  Dekline is no different than any other "corporate" owned company.  They've shown they only care about money or pleasing whoever is dumb enough to give any.  From doing "exclusive" collabs with CCS to having scientologist dick so far up their sphincter that they kicked off Ben Gore when he left Stereo...  Which ironically has turned out to be one of the wisest career decisions he could have made in terms of every single aspect of skating except financially...  But thats how Dekline views skating.  The money.  The only thing separating them from the corporate entities is lesser quality and lack of success.  They've shown they'd sell out just as fast as they could if they were worth a shit.

They're on par or better then MOST shoes companies out there, including nike, for HALF the price. And skater owened? Those are legit reasons that they rule.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 06:55:27 AM »
Fuck Dekline.  I really hate to be negative towards a "skater-owned" brand.  Especially a "skater-owned" footwear brand of which there aren't many left.  Dekline is no different than any other "corporate" owned company.  They've shown they only care about money or pleasing whoever is dumb enough to give any.  From doing "exclusive" collabs with CCS to having scientologist dick so far up their sphincter that they kicked off Ben Gore when he left Stereo...  Which ironically has turned out to be one of the wisest career decisions he could have made in terms of every single aspect of skating except financially...  But thats how Dekline views skating.  The money.  The only thing separating them from the corporate entities is lesser quality and lack of success.  They've shown they'd sell out just as fast as they could if they were worth a shit.

A noble move, yes...but wise...

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 07:40:02 AM »
i'll skate another pair.

foureyedjim

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 11:35:53 AM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=75734.msg2076289#msg2076289 date=1390488927
Expand Quote
[close]

A noble move, yes...but wise...

magenta may be a small company, but I'm pretty sure they at least pay their riders.  to hell with stereo, there are several good skaters that got on stereo then disappeared.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 11:57:53 AM »

i think for this argument its just business at the end of the day.  With dekline being a small shoe brand is it wise to just keep paying and giving shoes to a dude who is not being seen commercially?  I don't think people are buying dekline's with ben gore in mind (as much as it hurts me to say that) It makes sense to do so...They have tim tim and matt b who are constantly plugging their shit all day and the other dudes all live in the same city and skate together a lot with maybe the exception of jaws but he always with yeto dudes anyways.  Sinclair made it pretty clear that he didn't want to but dude is pretty much running dekline out of his pocket what do you expect.  shits a business at the end of the day.  it was posted in sinclairs unofficial slap pal thread thingy or whatever it was but heres a link to read what he wrote. http://mudozine.com/2013/07/15/the-wheel-within-the-wheel/

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 04:15:18 PM »
I skated a pair of Dekline Harper about a year (or so) ago. It wasn't a bad shoe at all, it was just a garden variety vulc mid. But I couldn't get past the fact it was a Dekline shoe and I moved on. That said, I'd definitely give the Tim Tim a try if my local carried them or they were more accessible.

Witcheshit

• Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 09:39:32 PM »

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 09:59:50 PM »
Dekline is one of those brands that I want to buy, but then when I have need or money to buy new kicks I find some Adidas on sale for like $25 and I can't justify buying the Deklines.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 03:27:57 AM »
had a few pairs, never disappointed. plus, its basically run by 2 guys,  and given the current state of the shoe industry i doubt that any of them can make a living of it. there is a difference between "caring for the money" and "trying to keep the ship afloat".

but i agree that kicking ben off was not a very wise move.

Anti-Hetro

• Rep: -49
  • I used to rape guys like you in prison!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 12:17:12 PM »
Buy Habitat then.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 08:36:17 AM »
Dekline is one of those brands that I want to buy, but then when I have need or money to buy new kicks I find some Adidas on sale for like $25 and I can't justify buying the Deklines.
If you're really that frugal about it go to 6pm and get some for like $20

somedudefromnj

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 09:04:21 PM »
??that first pick is of the timtim

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 09:24:37 PM »

These look amazing.
damn those yarys bout those squats

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 09:50:51 PM »
Is the little toecap on the newer TimTim's rubber/etc or just an extra layer of the shoe fabric?

soccer mom

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 03:33:57 PM »
The Matt Bennit shoe's are the best, but I did not see them in the new catalog, I will be bummed if he does not have one anymore

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 06:01:07 PM »

These look amazing.
they look a lot like the gravis arto, which is a very good thing. Hopefully they make a mid.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

SkateViolence

• Rep: 9
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 06:27:06 PM »
Is the little toecap on the newer TimTim's rubber/etc or just an extra layer of the shoe fabric?

On some colorways it's rubber, on others it is suede or canvas, depending on the upper material.

Chinaskis underpants

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 12:40:34 AM »
Dekline to fill Gravis demise