Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 712077 times)

EdwardVsShark, jakeumms and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

baegis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #6180 on: Today at 01:04:00 PM »
I got my 93's f4's today. Crazy that they retain for €75 in France (thank fuck I got a discount). Cannot wait to skate them. I feel bad for teen aged kids gear is getting crazy expensive.
Crazy price. Here in Finland they are 59 euros and that's still expensive. 99d/101d are 49 euros.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6181 on: Today at 01:34:56 PM »
I been watching sapphire and 93 videos again.

How the fuck do they get um to sound like that? There's gotta be a 101a core. My 97s seat tolerance was insanity tight too. I was looking for cracks to form for about a week but DLX has urethane down af.

Bones is supposed to super science but I feel like dlx is actually that Edward scissor hands looking kid frying frogs with a with a Bunsen burner in the back of the room. They secretly already going to Harvard Med in their off time between band practices...

You know like Acid wheel company looks.

Fuckin DLX is actual king.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

CarcassToss

• Rep: 26
« Reply #6182 on: Today at 02:49:41 PM »
Expand Quote
If wheelbite is an issue it sounds like you gotta hit Jim T up for some Ventures and awaken yourself vs. those Thunders. Between Thunders and Aces that are in your videos you have been on trucks that definitely can end up with a lot of wheelbite.
[close]

I never had an issue on 54mm even on forged thunders or super loose AF1’s. I’d sooner switch to a smaller 93 than ride ventures. No shade to venture enjoyers they’re just not for me.

I like your reviews and content a lot and thought maybe you had reviewed Ventures, but didn't see a video of them. Have you tried them recently? I thought that there was just a ton of hype around them and I hadn't ridden them since the SC days and was pleasantly surprised when I tried them again recently. I can run them effectively looser feeling than Thunders or Indys and still have good stability. Given you have Ace, Thunder, Slappy, and I think Indy (maybe I saw wrong) on the channel that could round out the top tier.

Dad Board

• Rep: 88
« Reply #6183 on: Today at 04:42:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If wheelbite is an issue it sounds like you gotta hit Jim T up for some Ventures and awaken yourself vs. those Thunders. Between Thunders and Aces that are in your videos you have been on trucks that definitely can end up with a lot of wheelbite.
[close]

I never had an issue on 54mm even on forged thunders or super loose AF1’s. I’d sooner switch to a smaller 93 than ride ventures. No shade to venture enjoyers they’re just not for me.
[close]

I like your reviews and content a lot and thought maybe you had reviewed Ventures, but didn't see a video of them. Have you tried them recently? I thought that there was just a ton of hype around them and I hadn't ridden them since the SC days and was pleasantly surprised when I tried them again recently. I can run them effectively looser feeling than Thunders or Indys and still have good stability. Given you have Ace, Thunder, Slappy, and I think Indy (maybe I saw wrong) on the channel that could round out the top tier.

Hey thanks, dude! I’m just not trying to mess with my WB anymore since I feel like I’ve finally found the sweet spot and tbh I’m just not a fan of the triangle shaped hanger on them. Also they carry a bit of a negative connection for me personally because about a year ago another youtuber who I thought I was cool with started a bunch of drama saying I was biting his style, totally caught me off guard. He had recently switched to ventures and in his DM to me he said something along the lines of “what are you gonna do next, ride ventures?” Lmao. Super dumb but it only solidified me not wanting to ride ventures. That guy sucks. Maybe I’ll give them a shot if they come out with something new but right now I’m looking forward to the new design Thunder is rumored to be working on.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1007
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6184 on: Today at 05:01:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I am still using my 99a setup for skateparks / perfect ground spots. i gotta just have 2 setups lol. i would actually have to choose the 99a setup if i had to pick one still i guess too.
[close]

Just swap wheels spot to spot?
[close]

That’s true!
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://streamable.com/nebsx6
https://streamable.com/1eef1t

I am on the 56mm Radials
I am sliding pretty well on them I have to say, not hanging up on feebles on double siders or anything.
They dont feel slow at all to me. And I dont feel like I am wheelbiting on these Indy standards. The setup sounds like absolute shit though. Rattley as fuck with rails, wheels hardly make any sound, and the indy squeak ;D
For shitty spots this feels so much better than skating 99a to me.

I am still using my 99a setup for skateparks / perfect ground spots. i gotta just have 2 setups lol. i would actually have to choose the 99a setup if i had to pick one still i guess too.
[close]
do you ever try Scotch padded mounting tape under the rails? Works really well to dampen the noise.

[close]

Definitely going to try that!

Putting thin 3M tape under your rails is a game changer. Let's you line them up before screwing down, helps them stay put if a bolt breaks free (not for long) and for sure helps the rattles if your application/screwing down was off in anyway,

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6185 on: Today at 05:22:00 PM »
Yeah 97s dawgs. This day was insane. I got a sick dinner and help with the tire out of being a good brother.

Now I'm going for a cruise to burn of this crazy ass burger I just got.

Yo village tavern if you're ever at the mall in Salem. They got a lil dancing going on on weekends. I'm not invited tho. No spikes allowed on the dancefloor. Not after the last time

Hit me up tho. I can see it out my window. It's attached to my curb. An two covered spots. One has granite ground. The other Isa parking garage.

(Visit yo)
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)