Author Topic: Legendary tales about skaters  (Read 60027 times)

paraquat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Legendary tales about skaters
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2014, 09:44:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anybody else remember Derek Gertz? He posted on skateperception from '04 until he passed away after hitting his head while skating a stair set alone. He was always robo-tripping and posting stories of his adventures. I consider this dude to be pretty legendary.

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?/topic/100238-the-derekg-story-thread/

[close]

Well that was the most interesting google search in some time. RIP.
His box tricks were really good in that day in the life. My inner Stacey Peralta was witnessing some potential.

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2014, 04:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anybody else remember Derek Gertz? He posted on skateperception from '04 until he passed away after hitting his head while skating a stair set alone. He was always robo-tripping and posting stories of his adventures. I consider this dude to be pretty legendary.

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?/topic/100238-the-derekg-story-thread/

[close]

Well that was the most interesting google search in some time. RIP.
[close]
His box tricks were really good in that day in the life. My inner Stacey Peralta was witnessing some potential.
the story of this kid is just sad

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2014, 12:35:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Met TK once in like 2003 in like the first x games. It was when his compton ass terry fame was pretty wild, I randomly spotted him and asked if he would sign this big Vans sticker they were giving out. While he was doing it he was wearing some Nikes and asked "wait are you still on Vans?" and he replied " Yeah but i only wear em when i skate" then he handed me the sticker and left. I thought that was weird at the time and didn't know sponsored pros could do that. But then i remembered seeing Koston with his huge collection of Nikes while he was still on Es. Idk i just always found that weird, like your down for the company but not all of time.
[close]

That really is the stuff of legend. I had always pondered if TK wore Nike to chill in.

haha

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2014, 04:15:40 AM »
A few gems from Shorty's Steve Olson.

1) Doesn't "believe" in paying taxes.
2) Once signed over an entire months pay/royalties to the Hare Krishna's next door to his house.
3) Once saw him take the slam of a lifetime on a triple kinked rail straight to his back on the rail.  Thought dude was dead.  He proceeded to put his hands together and basically started to bust out a backspin on the ground.  Got back up, waxed his board and made it next try.  Most insane thing I've ever seen.  Later asked him what happened and he said he "just channeled a bunch of energy and fixed myself."
4) At one point in time Steve spent pretty much all his loot on weed.  Dude would smoke a half ounce on the daily.  Saw him 6 months later smoking a cig and he said he quit smoking weed.  Then saw him about a month after that and he was blazed out of his head.  Asked him what was up and he said he was meditating on the beach and found a freshly rolled fatty.  Took that as a sign that he should always be smoking weed.
5) Did the infamous boardslide off the roof in PB at 6am with his girlfriend filming.

AMAZING! always loved me some steve olson

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

PEEP GAME

• Rep: 4
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2014, 09:41:47 AM »
Reynolds gets worked by Gershon leaving him short a few front teeth. I'd enjoy the full scoop. Been a hot minute since I heard that one.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2014, 10:02:57 AM »
Reynolds gets worked by Gershon leaving him short a few front teeth. I'd enjoy the full scoop. Been a hot minute since I heard that one.

Reynolds acts like an immature asshole
Gershon punches him

or just read this

http://www.48blocks.com/gershon/gershon.html
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

skinnypimp211

• Rep: -34
« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2014, 01:45:46 PM »

rip my boy

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 404
« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2014, 01:52:36 PM »
Expand Quote

2) Once signed over an entire months pay/royalties to the Hare Krishna's next door to his house.
3) Once saw him take the slam of a lifetime on a triple kinked rail straight to his back on the rail.  Thought dude was dead.  He proceeded to put his hands together and basically started to bust out a backspin on the ground.  Got back up, waxed his board and made it next try.  Most insane thing I've ever seen.  Later asked him what happened and he said he "just channeled a bunch of energy and fixed myself."
4) At one point in time Steve spent pretty much all his loot on weed.  Dude would smoke a half ounce on the daily.  Saw him 6 months later smoking a cig and he said he quit smoking weed.  Then saw him about a month after that and he was blazed out of his head.  Asked him what was up and he said he was meditating on the beach and found a freshly rolled fatty.  Took that as a sign that he should always be smoking weed.
5) Did the infamous boardslide off the roof in PB at 6am with his girlfriend filming.
[close]

MORE PLEASE!!!

I always wondered what happend to him. Penny, Muska and Smolik are still out there... where is he ?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2014, 03:17:24 AM »
Didn't Dane Burman go raw dog on Waterloo Chantelle?

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2014, 03:59:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

MORE PLEASE!!!

I always wondered what happend to him. Penny, Muska and Smolik are still out there... where is he ?

I've never met the g but it appears he is a very spiritual MC.

https://www.facebook.com/CrazyMonk1?fref=ts
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

EricF

« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2014, 08:42:33 AM »
I used to skate with some dudes who rode on substance NYC and rumor has it that Ragdoll was in the city staying with one of the team riders. I guess the dude has a huge penchant for blow but couldn't find any as quick as he wanted it so he settled for crack.

An old co-worker of mine used to date Scott Johnston. Could be some good stories coming.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: June 18, 2014, 08:45:14 AM »
I walked into that skateshop Maximum Hesh (of recent robbery fame) and the owner Todd was just looking at a piece of paper kind of awestruck.  I inquired as to the contents of the page and he explained that Colin Fiske had just come in, drawn a spiral and scrawled the words, "Kill The Internet" and walked out.

Kevin Malone

• Rep: -31
« Reply #222 on: June 18, 2014, 08:54:34 AM »
Dane burman is a fuckin kook.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2014, 08:15:37 PM »
James Brockman getting dropped from Osiris for calling Shuriken the n-word.

Kalis getting bummed when Grant didn't say hi to him at the pyramid ledges.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2014, 10:17:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bill Pepper also fought Phelps & a few other heads at the Thrasher office after getting their "Most Annoying Skater Award" #4
http://www.skateboardermag.com/features/15-things-you-didnt-know-about-element/

Also I think it might of been Andy Roy (I'm really not sure) talking about how Harold Hunter ate out a hooker in some hallway while he watched. I'm surprised there ain't more Harold stories actually.
[close]
What about the one where Harold passed out in the Zoo York office bathroom after jerking off, only to be found by Jeff Pang or Robbie Gangemi or whoever.
[close]
i read the one recently puddy but that's nothing to eating a creampie out of hooker that andy roy just left in there. harold you gross beast!

You gotta be familiar with NY state to get this, but ... I was talking to Harold once and he asked me where I was from. "Long Island," I said. He asked, "That's upstate, right?"

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2014, 01:33:49 AM »
^ A friend of mine met Stevie williams and after telling him hes from israel stevie asked where is it, my friend said "the middle east" and stevie replied with "like right next to florida?"
Geography is hard.

Cristiano Ronaldo's Ego

• Rep: 5
  • "I don't like being alone"
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2014, 04:43:04 AM »
Didn't Dane Burman go raw dog on Waterloo Chantelle?

Antwuan went there as well...

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2014, 05:42:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

MORE PLEASE!!!

[close]

a weekend buzz with Smolik, Muska, and/or Olson would be the shit. I will suggest this combo in the weekend buzz thread along with the other million requests.
Charlie don't skate

zippy z

« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2014, 06:49:44 AM »
Friend of mine heard from his friend that he saw Olson slam super hard on something a long time ago.  When Olson got up he started touching the ground then touching himself in different places.  Someone asked him what he was doing and Olson replied, "I'm picking up my chakras."

Apparently you can knock your chakras out of your body.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

MORE PLEASE!!!

[close]

[close]

a weekend buzz with Smolik, Muska, and/or Olson would be the shit. I will suggest this combo in the weekend buzz thread along with the other million requests.

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2014, 06:06:13 AM »
Expand Quote
And the other story was tom being so high watching a skatevideo , during the flick tom said something like " woooh , this guy is really good " and muska or tim said " tom , thats you "

[close]

I'm sorry but I have to quote this again

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2014, 10:29:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Met TK once in like 2003 in like the first x games. It was when his compton ass terry fame was pretty wild, I randomly spotted him and asked if he would sign this big Vans sticker they were giving out. While he was doing it he was wearing some Nikes and asked "wait are you still on Vans?" and he replied " Yeah but i only wear em when i skate" then he handed me the sticker and left. I thought that was weird at the time and didn't know sponsored pros could do that. But then i remembered seeing Koston with his huge collection of Nikes while he was still on Es. Idk i just always found that weird, like your down for the company but not all of time.
[close]

That really is the stuff of legend. I had always pondered if TK wore Nike to chill in.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 386
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2014, 10:05:24 PM »
James Brockman getting dropped from Osiris for calling Shuriken the n-word.

And shitting on a pyramid during a demo and bumming everyone out.

mr.mcgoo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2014, 08:20:44 AM »
Forget where I read this but Darren Navarette once jerked off on a tree during an acid trip.

mr.mcgoo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2014, 08:24:12 AM »
I mean it's not really legendary but figured I'd post it anyway

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2014, 05:04:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
And the other story was tom being so high watching a skatevideo , during the flick tom said something like " woooh , this guy is really good " and muska or tim said " tom , thats you "

[close]

[close]

I'm sorry but I have to quote this again

This.

I read in one of the old 15 things you didnt know about ___ Tom Penny that he was trying to learn 540s on a vert ramp and he would drink a beer after each try. He landed it 18th try. Not only did he make a 540 in under 20 tries but he did it 18 beers deep....

ALL HAIL

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #235 on: June 25, 2014, 06:25:48 PM »

i think this was 98??

anyway, he had been completely off the map then and to see him skate in person was a trip.

he looked fucked. his teeth were black and looked so strung out.

my friend said he had some weed and Penny almost smiled... smoked... then did this pop-shuv it.

not legendary at all. put seeing him skate was awesome.  i wanted to get my copy of High 5 signed but i couldnt find it before the demo.

:( 

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »

i think this was 98??

anyway, he had been completely off the map then and to see him skate in person was a trip.

he looked fucked. his teeth were black and looked so strung out.

my friend said he had some weed and Penny almost smiled... smoked... then did this pop-shuv it.

not legendary at all. put seeing him skate was awesome.  i wanted to get my copy of High 5 signed but i couldnt find it before the demo.

:( 

For some reason that makes it 1,000,000, times better.

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #237 on: June 26, 2014, 12:34:54 AM »
pretty poor in comparison to the other stories but..
there was a demo at bercy in 2007. I think the girl dudes were there as well as baker. somebody mentioned that reynolds wasn't skating at all. he overheard this and went up and frontside flipped the 4 block first try. think this is the footage

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #238 on: June 26, 2014, 02:29:51 AM »
pretty poor in comparison to the other stories but..
there was a demo at bercy in 2007. I think the girl dudes were there as well as baker. somebody mentioned that reynolds wasn't skating at all. he overheard this and went up and frontside flipped the 4 block first try. think this is the footage

Well, that's actually pretty boss.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 127
« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2014, 03:08:16 AM »
once in like 2003 in like the first x games.

the fuck are you talking about?
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie