Author Topic: Legendary tales about skaters  (Read 60036 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Re: Legendary tales about skaters
« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2014, 03:58:55 AM »

i think this was 98??

anyway, he had been completely off the map then and to see him skate in person was a trip.

he looked fucked. his teeth were black and looked so strung out.

my friend said he had some weed and Penny almost smiled... smoked... then did this pop-shuv it.

not legendary at all. put seeing him skate was awesome.  i wanted to get my copy of High 5 signed but i couldnt find it before the demo.

:( 

That photo is fucked, eh?

If it was an just ollie it would be pretty mad.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2014, 05:43:41 AM »
heroin or no heroin that pop shuv is epic
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2014, 08:45:56 AM »
Expand Quote

i think this was 98??

anyway, he had been completely off the map then and to see him skate in person was a trip.

he looked fucked. his teeth were black and looked so strung out.

my friend said he had some weed and Penny almost smiled... smoked... then did this pop-shuv it.

not legendary at all. put seeing him skate was awesome.  i wanted to get my copy of High 5 signed but i couldnt find it before the demo.

:( 
[close]

That photo is fucked, eh?

If it was an just ollie it would be pretty mad.

I hate pop shuvs 99.9% of the time they're done but this is just some god tier shit. Amazing.

Cold Pizza

« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2014, 08:56:16 AM »
did we go over when at an osiris meeting james brockman went into the bathroom, shot heroin into his dick, then called shurikan the n word and quit the team?

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2014, 09:16:23 AM »
did we go over when at an osiris meeting james brockman went into the bathroom, shot heroin into his dick, then called shurikan the n word and quit the team?
In soviet Russia dick shoots heroin into you.

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #245 on: June 26, 2014, 09:24:30 AM »
I got one, but its a legendary tale that has finally been confirmed. Bastien, full cab flip front board down Gold rail. Could you imagine doing that so long ago and not many people believing you? Never seeing that footy. There's even a guy shooting a sequence, where the fuck is the sequence?

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2014, 11:14:25 AM »
I got one, but its a legendary tale that has finally been confirmed. Bastien, full cab flip front board down Gold rail. Could you imagine doing that so long ago and not many people believing you? Never seeing that footy. There's even a guy shooting a sequence, where the fuck is the sequence?

I could totally believe that without seeing footy. Whoever wasn't buying it pre-proof is just a fucking hater.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2014, 11:17:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I could totally believe that without seeing footy. Whoever wasn't buying it pre-proof is just a fucking hater.
The sequence was an Etnies ad for his pro shoe

SlayerKiller

• Rep: -37
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2014, 12:24:54 PM »
pretty poor in comparison to the other stories but..
there was a demo at bercy in 2007. I think the girl dudes were there as well as baker. somebody mentioned that reynolds wasn't skating at all. he overheard this and went up and frontside flipped the 4 block first try. think this is the footage

that's an awesome story

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anybody else remember Derek Gertz? He posted on skateperception from '04 until he passed away after hitting his head while skating a stair set alone. He was always robo-tripping and posting stories of his adventures. I consider this dude to be pretty legendary.

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?/topic/100238-the-derekg-story-thread/

[close]

Well that was the most interesting google search in some time. RIP.
[close]
His box tricks were really good in that day in the life. My inner Stacey Peralta was witnessing some potential.
[close]
the story of this kid is just sad

if you really read up on this kid's posts youd know that he was a genuinely insightful dude that was surrounded by untrustworthy people with only a semblance of the charisma he had. This drove his own neurosis insane because all he wanted was to be around people that werent weird, schemers, or brainwashed cult members. i feel for him because i know the depression that comes when you lose your real friends and are stuck surrounded by a bunch of kooks, and you start thinking that 95 percent of people are just weirdos who want to use you for whatever personal reasons. All my friends are drugged out, in hospital or jail, so i reallly really feel for him now after going back and re-reading some of his older posts. the kid just wanted to live in a world where you werent a slave to society, and felt expressing yourself creatively and trading, along with genuine consensual friendships through skating or whatever is the only way to live your life to the fullest.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:05:12 PM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote
pretty poor in comparison to the other stories but..
there was a demo at bercy in 2007. I think the girl dudes were there as well as baker. somebody mentioned that reynolds wasn't skating at all. he overheard this and went up and frontside flipped the 4 block first try. think this is the footage

[close]

that's an awesome story

Fuck yea it is

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #251 on: June 26, 2014, 03:54:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anybody else remember Derek Gertz? He posted on skateperception from '04 until he passed away after hitting his head while skating a stair set alone. He was always robo-tripping and posting stories of his adventures. I consider this dude to be pretty legendary.

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?/topic/100238-the-derekg-story-thread/

[close]

[close]
His box tricks were really good in that day in the life. My inner Stacey Peralta was witnessing some potential.
[close]
[close]

if you really read up on this kid's posts youd know that he was a genuinely insightful dude that was surrounded by untrustworthy people with only a semblance of the charisma he had. This drove his own neurosis insane because all he wanted was to be around people that werent weird, schemers, or brainwashed cult members. i feel for him because i know the depression that comes when you lose your real friends and are stuck surrounded by a bunch of kooks, and you start thinking that 95 percent of people are just weirdos who want to use you for whatever personal reasons. All my friends are drugged out, in hospital or jail, so i reallly really feel for him now after going back and re-reading some of his older posts. the kid just wanted to live in a world where you werent a slave to society, and felt expressing yourself creatively and trading, along with genuine consensual friendships through skating or whatever is the only way to live your life to the fullest.

You hit the nail on the head man, I don't think it could be put any better for that.  It really sucks how shit went down for him but at least he died doing what he loved the most.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #252 on: June 26, 2014, 04:09:51 PM »
Expand Quote
once in like 2003 in like the first x games.
[close]

the fuck are you talking about?

Excuse my broken English, I meant before you were born kid.

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #253 on: June 26, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »
That Gertz kids family was heavy into that cult the Moonies, and he was always posting shit about it on the internet and trying to get out. Heard some shady shit about that kids death.

The Claw

• Rep: -9
« Reply #254 on: June 26, 2014, 11:21:12 PM »
I worked with Steve at a skateshop outside of Tacoma, Washington for a few years and then recently he moved back to cali to pursue a music career. He was such a rad and mellow dude and as far as i know he has been pretty sober in the past couple of years.

Friend of mine heard from his friend that he saw Olson slam super hard on something a long time ago.  When Olson got up he started touching the ground then touching himself in different places.  Someone asked him what he was doing and Olson replied, "I'm picking up my chakras."

Apparently you can knock your chakras out of your body.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A few gems from Shorty's Steve Olson.

1) Doesn't "believe" in paying taxes.
2) Once signed over an entire months pay/royalties to the Hare Krishna's next door to his house.
3) Once saw him take the slam of a lifetime on a triple kinked rail straight to his back on the rail.  Thought dude was dead.  He proceeded to put his hands together and basically started to bust out a backspin on the ground.  Got back up, waxed his board and made it next try.  Most insane thing I've ever seen.  Later asked him what happened and he said he "just channeled a bunch of energy and fixed myself."
4) At one point in time Steve spent pretty much all his loot on weed.  Dude would smoke a half ounce on the daily.  Saw him 6 months later smoking a cig and he said he quit smoking weed.  Then saw him about a month after that and he was blazed out of his head.  Asked him what was up and he said he was meditating on the beach and found a freshly rolled fatty.  Took that as a sign that he should always be smoking weed.
5) Did the infamous boardslide off the roof in PB at 6am with his girlfriend filming.
[close]

AMAZING! always loved me some steve olson
[close]

MORE PLEASE!!!

I always wondered what happend to him. Penny, Muska and Smolik are still out there... where is he ?
[close]

I've never met the g but it appears he is a very spiritual MC.

https://www.facebook.com/CrazyMonk1?fref=ts
[close]

a weekend buzz with Smolik, Muska, and/or Olson would be the shit. I will suggest this combo in the weekend buzz thread along with the other million requests.
[close]

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • the moon rules
« Reply #255 on: June 26, 2014, 11:58:03 PM »
tom penny and steve olson. the past few posts of those two alone made me lose it
fuck you bama

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 127
« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2014, 02:01:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

??? I was just confused that you would call what had to have been the eighth or ninth year they did the xgames the first one (only you can claim any responsibility for directing any attention toward your shitty grammar)

I was hyped as fuck on the xgames when they brought it to san diego when I was 11 (seeing as I'd been pushing around on a board for all of about 4 months....), but by 2003 it was already one of those "wait a minute? espn still does that shit?!" things for kids my age though. my only point was that it seems impossible to me that someone could not know it existed before they brought it to LA, when it already seemed like an outdated property and was a source of barely-remembered nostalgia for kids my age by then.

[as for your 'before you were born' statement: I can't expect you to know that I was shaking down a Bagel Bites spokesman for his autograph minutes after his vert doubles run with Andy Mac 6 years before you would do the same to a dude who would later beef with Lupe Fiasco, but your presumed seniority creates two possibilities: you are being condescending to what you genuinely thought was a nine year old over the internet, or you asked TK to autograph a fucking sticker when you were already a grown ass man?]
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2014, 03:52:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

??? I was just confused that you would call what had to have been the eighth or ninth year they did the xgames the first one (only you can claim any responsibility for directing any attention toward your shitty grammar)

I was hyped as fuck on the xgames when they brought it to san diego when I was 11 (seeing as I'd been pushing around on a board for all of about 4 months....), but by 2003 it was already one of those "wait a minute? espn still does that shit?!" things for kids my age though. my only point was that it seems impossible to me that someone could not know it existed before they brought it to LA, when it already seemed like an outdated property and was a source of barely-remembered nostalgia for kids my age by then.

[as for your 'before you were born' statement: I can't expect you to know that I was shaking down a Bagel Bites spokesman for his autograph minutes after his vert doubles run with Andy Mac 6 years before you would do the same to a dude who would later beef with Lupe Fiasco, but your presumed seniority creates two possibilities: you are being condescending to what you genuinely thought was a nine year old over the internet, or you asked TK to autograph a fucking sticker when you were already a grown ass man?]

too funny

Richie Jackson

« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2014, 11:45:32 AM »
This is more about a certain pro being a legendary douchebag.  So a friend of mine and his gf are at Black Bar (Atiba's bar in LA) when a pretty intoxicated Richie Jackson approaches them.  So they have a few more drinks together, my friend is really into all that circus-y shit so he's loving it.  Last call rolls around and as my friend is leaving to head to a party, Richie jumps in the car with them.  Not wanting to tell him no, they end up bringing Richie Jackson to this party where he walks right in, opens up the wine cabinet of the homeowners, and drinks a bottle of some top shelf shit.  When approached about the liquor poaching, the pirate simply responded "if you didn't want this kind of stuff to happen, you shouldn't have people over."  What a cock smooch.

I'm Richie Jackson. Who else was going to drink it? Some loser?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2014, 05:34:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

too funny
It was a joke yeshhhh!. I meant the first one in LA. I was about 14 then, not quite a man i guess but still stupid enough to think for that one point of my life TK was cool probably the same way you thought Tony was cool and probably begged him to autograph your bagel bite. I had only started skating like a year or 2 before then. So no i wasn't part of or followed the first few xgames before it came to LA. I guess i wasn't as cool as you to think i was too good or grown to go watch those skaters skate at that time specially when it was free that year.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 05:36:57 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Jack Klompis

• Rep: 53
  • you want the pen??
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »
Expand Quote
This is more about a certain pro being a legendary douchebag.  So a friend of mine and his gf are at Black Bar (Atiba's bar in LA) when a pretty intoxicated Richie Jackson approaches them.  So they have a few more drinks together, my friend is really into all that circus-y shit so he's loving it.  Last call rolls around and as my friend is leaving to head to a party, Richie jumps in the car with them.  Not wanting to tell him no, they end up bringing Richie Jackson to this party where he walks right in, opens up the wine cabinet of the homeowners, and drinks a bottle of some top shelf shit.  When approached about the liquor poaching, the pirate simply responded "if you didn't want this kind of stuff to happen, you shouldn't have people over."  What a cock smooch.
[close]

I'm Richie Jackson. Who else was going to drink it? Some other loser?
look who's eating dinner at 6 o'clock

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2014, 08:56:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm Richie Jackson. Who else was going to drink it? Some loser?

RockForLight

• Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2014, 03:52:02 AM »
That Gertz kids family was heavy into that cult the Moonies, and he was always posting shit about it on the internet and trying to get out. Heard some shady shit about that kids death.
Damn. I knew about the cult shit but I'm not trying to stir up controversy about a guy I respect. I would have loved to have been friends with Dex.

Speaking of shady shit, I have been all CSI recently about trying to figure out what really happened with the "It's Fern" dudes. Sorry for being so grim.

Fern allegedly ran and jumped through a glass window in a hotel while on acid. Seemed like an alright guy. But what's weirder is what happened later.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?19581-Randy-Rush-%2822%29-Michaelle-Richardson-%2829%29-killed-in-home-invasion-as-retaliatio
This singer guy
was apparently stabbed and thrown off a balcony into a dumpster, then possibly as retaliation, the filmer of "It's Fern" was gunned down in a double homicide that occurred at a police officers daughter's apartment.

There are some pretty sketchy comments here about the killings.
 http://www.topix.com/forum/city/inola-ok/TP19PARFSLPM2I0DR
Not legendary, I know. But what the fuck. Something seems off.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2014, 05:39:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Damn. I knew about the cult shit but I'm not trying to stir up controversy about a guy I respect. I would have loved to have been friends with Dex.

Speaking of shady shit, I have been all CSI recently about trying to figure out what really happened with the "It's Fern" dudes. Sorry for being so grim.

Fern allegedly ran and jumped through a glass window in a hotel while on acid. Seemed like an alright guy. But what's weirder is what happened later.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthread.php?19581-Randy-Rush-%2822%29-Michaelle-Richardson-%2829%29-killed-in-home-invasion-as-retaliatio
This singer guy
was apparently stabbed and thrown off a balcony into a dumpster, then possibly as retaliation, the filmer of "It's Fern" was gunned down in a double homicide that occurred at a police officers daughter's apartment.

There are some pretty sketchy comments here about the killings.
 http://www.topix.com/forum/city/inola-ok/TP19PARFSLPM2I0DR
Not legendary, I know. But what the fuck. Something seems off.

Damn that is some shady shit right there.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #264 on: June 28, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »
Wow, I never knew about that shit.  Pretty crazy.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »
lol @ mydeathspace.com

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2014, 11:26:48 AM »
sean youngs hill bomb on acid in the rain

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »
Heard a story recently about how Dylan. kept snaking at Venice so one of the older locals grabbed his board and flung it out of the park and onto the sand. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

You hit the nail on the head man, I don't think it could be put any better for that.  It really sucks how shit went down for him but at least he died doing what he loved the most.

thanks bro, i appreciate ur posts as well. he just seeme like so many of my genuine friends growing up, such a literate smart dude, that chose to take his own road and perspective into anything he considered or did. i remember reading his posts, just wishing to god he would write a book one day, because the kid had so much creativity for how zonked out he was at the time
try to remember, forget

Dicksneeze

• Rep: 0
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2014, 07:18:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Chris Pontius sayin in his BB interview that Danny Way would go to the border and shoot the mexicans jumping over the fence. Said Danny would drive around too and grab holda a dude on a motorcycle then gun it and push the dude over.
[close]
I could see that. Or Danny Way in a helicopter shooting a border jumpers.
[close]

http://scienceversuslife.tumblr.com/post/87281426469/not-british-but-worth-seeing-chris-pontius-talks

good read! hes tight does party boy still skate?
[close]
[close]
That was a rad read. He was straight up calling out Danny Way. Wish more mags today were like Big Brother.

I was there the night that shit happened with Swindell. I'm from Diamond Bar, and they were always around: a little homo posse of Swindell, Steve Mateus, Steve's brother Marc, this dreadlock skater fool Kevin Johnson and Mark and Scott Weber. Everyone jocked Swindel because he rode for Think, everyone else was flow for Poorhou$e. That night in Azusa, this kid named Jason Peters, who went by "2kan" was rapping, with D.J. Ro (Rolando Chavez) playing the beats on his DAT player. Danny Way didn't kill that dude, just punched him. Swindell and Mateus kept drinking, and thinking they were cool gangsters, took dude outside. Mateus kicked him in the back to knock him down, and, after punching him repeatedly in the face, Swindell picked up a giant brick and threw it over the wall were dude was already laying, crushing his skull. Mateus and Kevin Johnson testified against Swindell, then after court we were blazing in the garage talking about it. Steve Mateus served like 2 years of 6 then came home like he was a hard cholo, wearing dickies and his shirt unbuttoned except for the top collar button. I'm surprised he didnt get a teardrop tattoo. Now he's the team manager for Rockstar and just as big a punk as he was then. They were total rich, spoiled "wiggers" who thought they were hard ass. Completely regular and gay.