Author Topic: Put together your worst setup  (Read 1792 times)

skateandphotos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
  • I just wanna ollie everyting
Re: Put together your worst setup
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2020, 07:42:42 AM »
Either a Toy Machine price point board or a quasi 8.25 I hate the super small tails
It's probably just me but I always have problems with indy's
Ricta naturals worst wheels I've ever owned flat spotted on tik taks
Andele Marc Johnson bearings lasted maybe 5 weeks and didn't move after that
Mini logo grip not the worst but not great

Bonus shoes Emerica Provost 1's could not break them in at all, tried everything but still felt like bricks on my feet.

animalflesh

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2020, 08:16:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Zoo York deck, 1996-ish. Was never a fan of Chapman but in those days they were abysmal.
Unit trucks, 1997-ish. Pricepoint trucks, the first time I realized good trucks were important.
AWS Clone wheels, got a set like 2 years ago because I liked the shape, unskatable plastic garbage.
Lucky bearings, late 90s. Would explode on flat ground ollies, but the green shields looked cool.
Modus hardware, somehow stripped and allen head for the only time in my life on a new set of these.
[close]

I just remember being 16 and kickflipping a chunk right off the nose of my zoo York and that was the end for me
[close]

Damn, was this around the same time? Mine broke directly over the back truck (only time that has ever happened) when I ollied over a couple stacked boards. I think I remember some Ricky Oyola interview where he talked about how bad the boards were in the early- and mid-90s, but how everyone was just super dedicated and skated them anyway.

2003!! Their boards have always sucked unfortunately

Idk what they even do now after becoming like a Macy’s brand

sadnocomply

• Rep: 144
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2020, 08:48:33 AM »
The worst setup I can scrounge up in gear laying around would be

8.4 deathwish
149 indys
48 mm worn down Bones 100’s
Reds
Grizzly clear grip
Lakai’s

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2020, 09:53:08 AM »

8.4 deathwish
149 indys
Reds
Grizzly clear grip
Lakai’s
Minus the clear grip, i would totally ride that

sadnocomply

• Rep: 144
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2020, 10:41:55 AM »
Expand Quote

8.4 deathwish
149 indys
Reds
Grizzly clear grip
Lakai’s
[close]
Minus the clear grip, i would totally ride that
i ride 8-8.1 these days so it would really fuck me up at this point going that big lol

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2020, 01:09:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Zoo York deck, 1996-ish. Was never a fan of Chapman but in those days they were abysmal.
Unit trucks, 1997-ish. Pricepoint trucks, the first time I realized good trucks were important.
AWS Clone wheels, got a set like 2 years ago because I liked the shape, unskatable plastic garbage.
Lucky bearings, late 90s. Would explode on flat ground ollies, but the green shields looked cool.
Modus hardware, somehow stripped and allen head for the only time in my life on a new set of these.
[close]

I just remember being 16 and kickflipping a chunk right off the nose of my zoo York and that was the end for me
[close]

Damn, was this around the same time? Mine broke directly over the back truck (only time that has ever happened) when I ollied over a couple stacked boards. I think I remember some Ricky Oyola interview where he talked about how bad the boards were in the early- and mid-90s, but how everyone was just super dedicated and skated them anyway.
[close]

2003!! Their boards have always sucked unfortunately

Idk what they even do now after becoming like a Macy’s brand

They make some alright sunglasses. Got a set for like $3 from a Goodwill in Scranton and they're not too bad.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2020, 04:20:00 PM »
I used to be a total crail kid when i was 12
i skated
a 7.75 mike carroll girl deck the shape was awful and it chipped to high hell(same with every chocolate deck ive ever owned)
used to have some powder blue royal trucks that would barely turn even though the kingpin nut would fall off every session.
girl wheels because why not, def the worst i ever road but im not overly picky with wheels
shake junt bearings
shake junt hardware
shake junt grip
i was 12 and wore tall tees and baggy pants so obviously i had a soft spot for shake junt even though it wasnt under crailtap
still love lakai though always will the Manchester is forever one of my top 3 shoes
so worst shoes i ever owned probably ctas pro low or fallen victories,both ripped quick af even with suede and tore apart my heels.

peptobismol

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2020, 04:30:10 PM »
i skated
a 7.75 mike carroll girl deck the shape was awful and it chipped to high hell(same with every chocolate deck ive ever owned)
used to have some powder blue royal trucks that would barely turn even though the kingpin nut would fall off every session.
girl wheels because why not, def the worst i ever road but im not overly picky with wheels
shake junt bearings
shake junt hardware
shake junt grip
i was 12 and wore tall tees and baggy pants so obviously i had a soft spot for shake junt even though it wasnt under crailtap
still love lakai though always will the Manchester is forever one of my top 3 shoes
so worst shoes i ever owned probably ctas pro low or fallen victories,both ripped quick af even with suede and tore apart my heels.
carroll boards were always 7.625-7.63, unless this was after fully flared when he gained about 90lbs and needed extra surface area. but you said tall tees and nobody wore that shit after 2005. now im confused.

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 20
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2020, 07:34:52 PM »
Clear Grip

Any Fiberlam deck

Monster trucks - honorable mention to mid 2000s Ventures

Spitfire cored wheels, the ones with spokes in particular

Lucky Bearings

Adidas Leather Shoes

vhsfisheye

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2020, 09:15:33 PM »
Expand Quote
i skated
shake junt bearings
shake junt hardware
shake junt grip
[close]
carroll boards were always 7.625-7.63, unless this was after fully flared when he gained about 90lbs and needed extra surface area. but you said tall tees and nobody wore that shit after 2005. now im confused.

it probably was a 7.6 it was around 2009 so who knows, and i was basically the only one in my town rocking huge clothes i adapted to krew skinny jeans a lil bit later than everyone else. im from a small town so i was behind on the trends.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2020, 07:03:23 PM »

accessory pack - silver chain, weed leaf beanie and school shooter glasses