Author Topic: Diy round bar. Let's hear your ideas for non slip feet.  (Read 842 times)

Bold

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
Diy round bar. Let's hear your ideas for non slip feet.
« on: May 11, 2021, 07:44:09 AM »

I salvaged some metal from a scrap lacrosse goal and fashioned it into a round bar. I want to try to put some sort of non-slip material on the bottom of the feet. I thought about maybe gluing some scrap carpet on there but that didn't seem like the best idea.

Maybe a layer of silicone adhesive could make a nice rubber non-skid surface?

What are your ideas? What would make good non-slip feet?

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
Re: Diy round bar. Let's hear your ideas for non slip feet.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 05:44:25 PM »
I did silicone caulk on the bottom of a portable pole jam I made. It works good on regular concrete and black top. Polished dusty concrete, not so much. Put it on super thick, spread it out so it’s fairly even and build it up in layers until it’s about 1/8-3/8” thick. Saw Blockhead Dave use inner tubes on a pvc slider that seemed to have worked as well.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 101
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 06:04:50 PM »
I did silicone caulk on the bottom of a portable pole jam I made. It works good on regular concrete and black top. Polished dusty concrete, not so much. Put it on super thick, spread it out so it’s fairly even and build it up in layers until it’s about 1/8-3/8” thick. Saw Blockhead Dave use inner tubes on a pvc slider that seemed to have worked as well.
Came here to mention the inner tube. Thought that looked cool. I’ve also heard of people cutting soles off old skate shoes and sticking em on the bottom of concrete stuff. You could probably glue or bolt some on the metal.
I only skate prime numbers, so it's either 53s or 59s, feast or famine

Bold

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 12:24:14 PM »
Thanks.
I'm going to try out whatever silicone adhesive type stuff home Depot has on hand as a start. Cheap enough if it craps out quickly I'll try something else.

Bold

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 11:15:06 AM »

I tried some concrete sealer filler type caulk but it never really set up and wouldn't stick to the metal well so that came off and on went the black silicone.

As long as it stays stuck to the metal that thing isn't going to slip anywhere.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 11:20:17 AM »
The real answer is go to a bike store and ask for a few popped tubes. Take em and tie them around the feet. Works amazing.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 03:56:02 PM »
bike tubes or a nicely shaped sillicone hot handle holder. could bind with liquid nail.

similar topic, anyone got advice on cementing a flatbar into asphalt?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 04:38:58 PM »
The real answer is go to a bike store and ask for a few popped tubes. Take em and tie them around the feet. Works amazing.
This. We do that here at the end of the world. Trust me, we're cavemen
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.