Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 713407 times)

Festivus and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

satan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 38
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2460 on: January 22, 2020, 07:18:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kinetic just re upped
[close]

I don't know if it's just me but I really hate how they open and take the wheels out of the packaging.
[close]

not just you. never understood why any shop would do it
[close]
Thank you. I knew I wasn’t the only one but I’ve noticed a few shops do that now.
Old timers uses to love to hit the wheels together and listen for the clack. Harder wheels sound a lil different, some wheels sound kinda dead. Idk. Some ppl might like to see the shape closer up too.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2461 on: January 23, 2020, 04:12:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kinetic just re upped
[close]

I don't know if it's just me but I really hate how they open and take the wheels out of the packaging.
[close]

[close]
Thank you. I knew I wasn’t the only one but I’ve noticed a few shops do that now.
[close]
Old timers uses to love to hit the wheels together and listen for the clack. Harder wheels sound a lil different, some wheels sound kinda dead. Idk. Some ppl might like to see the shape closer up too.

As far as kinetic goes, it's probably to save room in their case at the shop. And they fulfill online orders from shop stock. Where as some online retailers separate their online and in store stock. Mildly annoying, I have a decent relationship with the crew at Kinetic I typically have them order stuff or toss stuff to the side for me so I don't encounter this much.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #2462 on: January 23, 2020, 12:41:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kinetic just re upped
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

As far as kinetic goes, it's probably to save room in their case at the shop. And they fulfill online orders from shop stock. Where as some online retailers separate their online and in store stock. Mildly annoying, I have a decent relationship with the crew at Kinetic I typically have them order stuff or toss stuff to the side for me so I don't encounter this much.

Just wanted to add, cause I don't want you thinking I'm talking shit on Kinetic, all those guys are super nice and chill everytime I go in there. Been going since since they opened next to the old wawa. Just not into buying opened wheels is all.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2463 on: January 23, 2020, 03:55:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kinetic just re upped
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Just wanted to add, cause I don't want you thinking I'm talking shit on Kinetic, all those guys are super nice and chill everytime I go in there. Been going since since they opened next to the old wawa. Just not into buying opened wheels is all.

Didn’t think that at all. I get it, it drives me crazy they don’t have a tape measure and only have a yard stick. Every skater has some thing that gets to them.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

satan

« Reply #2464 on: January 23, 2020, 07:05:19 PM »
Just remembered that my local Active would unwrap wheels too. Then they'd stack them on wooden dowels in a sliding drawer. Never thought anything of it but some employee must have got a stack of stickers with every wheel order.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #2465 on: January 24, 2020, 09:10:13 PM »
Have the Conical Full embers even made their way to any online skate shops (CCS, Tactics, either Warehouse) yet or did they come and go that quick?

dakara

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2466 on: January 24, 2020, 09:58:49 PM »
I bought 51mm tablets like 2 months ago when I had my Thunders but only rode them for like an hour. I put my Indy's back on with my old ass 54mm conical full's but since going down to 8.38 the other day I feel like the truck is too crowded and I can't get on coping that easy. Even 50-50-s feel hard to sit on, I have to ollie out earlier than I want to. Put the tablets back on today, but I did it after skating all morning so I'm too tired to see how it feels. Tomorrow though.

If you like the conicals over the tablets besides that issue maybe go with a wider truck. Although you may just get used to it. I’m riding Indy 129s( not by choice) on 54mm tablets right now and I’m having the same problem, hard to get into grinds and always feel like the board is gonna tip out on impact even if I get the truck(s) on solid for 50-50 or 5-0.  Not a big issue on ledges but on 2 sided curbs it’s pretty tough. On round rails I imagine it could actually be an advantage but I don’t fuck with those cause I’m a pussy

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #2467 on: January 24, 2020, 10:31:05 PM »
Expand Quote
I bought 51mm tablets like 2 months ago when I had my Thunders but only rode them for like an hour. I put my Indy's back on with my old ass 54mm conical full's but since going down to 8.38 the other day I feel like the truck is too crowded and I can't get on coping that easy. Even 50-50-s feel hard to sit on, I have to ollie out earlier than I want to. Put the tablets back on today, but I did it after skating all morning so I'm too tired to see how it feels. Tomorrow though.
[close]

If you like the conicals over the tablets besides that issue maybe go with a wider truck. Although you may just get used to it. I’m riding Indy 129s( not by choice) on 54mm tablets right now and I’m having the same problem, hard to get into grinds and always feel like the board is gonna tip out on impact even if I get the truck(s) on solid for 50-50 or 5-0.  Not a big issue on ledges but on 2 sided curbs it’s pretty tough. On round rails I imagine it could actually be an advantage but I don’t fuck with those cause I’m a pussy
They actually worked out pretty well for sitting through grinds on curbs. I was already riding 149's and I've had 50-50s so locked for years on ledges and curbs that I know it wasn't me wanting to jump out of the grind. The smaller size for sure helped level out my board and I was grinding this sort of curb ledge at the entrance to the skatepark all the way through the curve it has until it ends so it felt good. I'm more interested in skating a flat round bar. I used to be able to slide feebles a little but I could never figure out why I couldn't just sit on it. I think the tablets and my looser trucks will help. Too much skin on those conical fulls.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #2468 on: January 25, 2020, 03:44:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kinetic just re upped
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Didn’t think that at all. I get it, it drives me crazy they don’t have a tape measure and only have a yard stick. Every skater has some thing that gets to them.
Not having a tape measure in a shop is possibly the worst

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2469 on: January 25, 2020, 06:53:08 PM »
Can’t imagine that, literally just grab a deck to check it out and second nature grab the tape measure to check the wb.
If the shop worker sees me I’d ask em while doing so if they know off the top of their head. Especially on shop decks

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #2470 on: January 31, 2020, 07:54:32 AM »
Have the Conical Full embers even made their way to any online skate shops (CCS, Tactics, either Warehouse) yet or did they come and go that quick?
UPDATE: eBay has some up for a reasonable price and free shipping.  54mm.  Can't wait to get 'em.

satan

« Reply #2471 on: February 06, 2020, 05:03:59 AM »
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/414120128214482746/
Just wanted to put this here
SFW's are the same cut as Conical Fulls

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2472 on: March 09, 2020, 02:24:17 PM »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #2473 on: March 09, 2020, 02:41:36 PM »
Grey wheels? That just looks and feels so wrong :-[

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2474 on: March 09, 2020, 03:44:08 PM »
Grey wheels? That just looks and feels so wrong :-[
That's a big NOPE
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2475 on: March 09, 2020, 04:35:01 PM »

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #2476 on: March 09, 2020, 07:38:24 PM »
More pics here https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Radial_Grey_Blue_99a_Wheels/descpage-SFRB9WH.html

Yep it’s grey. Better than black? Unsure

If they were grey/white swirl, I'd be into those. Had a pair of something similar made by Flip when I was a younging.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1942
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2477 on: March 09, 2020, 07:59:11 PM »
More pics here https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_F4_Radial_Grey_Blue_99a_Wheels/descpage-SFRB9WH.html

I'll take black wheels over grey ones any day.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2478 on: March 10, 2020, 07:32:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Same here. White is always preferred but if I have to choose a colored wheel black is the only choice.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1485
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #2479 on: March 10, 2020, 07:41:48 AM »
I'd like a black, grey, blue swirl.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2480 on: March 10, 2020, 08:07:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Same here. White is always preferred but if I have to choose a colored wheel black is the only choice.
So very wrong, black is by far the worst wheel color.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:35:40 AM by bbk »

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #2481 on: March 10, 2020, 08:25:10 AM »
Damn I like that shape, wish I got those instead of the set of tablets I've yet to skate.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2482 on: March 10, 2020, 08:52:39 AM »
the only acceptable color besides white or potato is orange. i dont know why
🤙

Diocletian

« Reply #2483 on: March 10, 2020, 08:57:39 AM »
Still seems like a F4 shortage is going on. I’ve been wanting to try some radials and they’re nowhere to be found. In general seems like shops are still wiped out on stock besides the few big online retailers.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2484 on: March 10, 2020, 09:04:26 AM »
I know people that will accept colored wheels if thats the only option but rarely every people that actively want a set? Why are they wasting resource on these and not giving people white f4's that most want? Unless I'm extremely misjudging the demand for white f4's in all shapes.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
« Reply #2485 on: March 10, 2020, 09:42:22 AM »
I know people that will accept colored wheels if thats the only option but rarely every people that actively want a set? Why are they wasting resource on these and not giving people white f4's that most want? Unless I'm extremely misjudging the demand for white f4's in all shapes.

I don't think you're misjudging the demand at all. I think it's like other folks have said, there's probably a shortage on the regular F4s in terms of the standard Urethane. They probably still have a crap ton of urethane mixed with other colors churning in the factory, but haven't been getting enough urethane in to make more regular stuff.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2486 on: March 10, 2020, 09:46:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think you're misjudging the demand at all. I think it's like other folks have said, there's probably a shortage on the regular F4s in terms of the standard Urethane. They probably still have a crap ton of urethane mixed with other colors churning in the factory, but haven't been getting enough urethane in to make more regular stuff.
Makes sense if true. I guess it's a relatively good problem to have that your product is so popular production can't keep up. My current set of classics is doing fine but I always have slight anxiety if a thing that works for me isn't readily available if I need another one.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2487 on: March 10, 2020, 10:49:32 AM »
the only acceptable color besides white or potato is orange. i dont know why

I’m with you

Diocletian

« Reply #2488 on: March 10, 2020, 10:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Still seems like a F4 shortage is going on. I’ve been wanting to try some radials and they’re nowhere to be found. In general seems like shops are still wiped out on stock besides the few big online retailers.
[close]

I have some brand new 51mm radial slims I’m trying to sell (or trade for used Ace 55 or 44) if you or anyone else is interested

Thanks but I’m looking for radials, not radial slims, and in a 56-58.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2489 on: March 10, 2020, 10:59:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I have some brand new 51mm radial slims I’m trying to sell (or trade for used Ace 55 or 44) if you or anyone else is interested
[close]

Thanks but I’m looking for radials, not radial slims, and in a 56-58.

Gotcha, no problem!