Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720720 times)

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #5820 on: March 18, 2024, 11:12:57 AM »
I thought I had a fever dream about 93 F4 samples on IG. Woke up and looked everywhere but couldn’t find it. It was secretape now that I’m here in this thread. Thought my wheel madness was complete with the 97 F4s and Dragons.  Now you tell me it’s true? And they’re coming in April? 
Or am I still dreaming?

rikki

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #5821 on: March 19, 2024, 12:45:19 AM »
I thought I had a fever dream about 93 F4 samples on IG. Woke up and looked everywhere but couldn’t find it. It was secretape now that I’m here in this thread. Thought my wheel madness was complete with the 97 F4s and Dragons.  Now you tell me it’s true? And they’re coming in April? 
Or am I still dreaming?

Check the previous page.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #5822 on: March 19, 2024, 04:52:00 AM »
hope they make them in a 56 or 58 or 60 even and without reynolds' name on em.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #5823 on: March 19, 2024, 07:06:13 AM »
Radial shape has 56 and 58

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
« Reply #5824 on: March 19, 2024, 07:11:01 AM »

it's just radial, not a radial full right? i don't really like the wide ass wheels

DinnerDog425

• Rep: 15
« Reply #5825 on: March 19, 2024, 07:23:13 AM »
Likely will be a radial full. I feel your pain as a conical rider. Don’t even have an option for a 97a at the moment.

rikki

« Reply #5826 on: March 19, 2024, 07:57:18 AM »
I just hope the wide wheel fad dies soon.

smg1138

• Rep: 42
« Reply #5827 on: March 19, 2024, 08:03:55 AM »
I really wish Spitfire would make standard Radials in 97a. That's my favorite shape, but the 99's are just too hard sometimes for slick indoor parks and outdoor crust. I have a set of Bones X-97's for that, but I prefer Spitfire Radial and Classic Full shapes over everything.

overwaxed

• Rep: 92
« Reply #5828 on: March 19, 2024, 08:45:43 AM »
why do companies insist on only making even numbered wheels for new runs? I know it's insane but my madness is real and only odd numbered diameters for this fool.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5829 on: March 19, 2024, 02:42:54 PM »
Likely will be a radial full. I feel your pain as a conical rider. Don’t even have an option for a 97a at the moment.

They still do Conical Full 97 duro in 54, 56 and 58 mm, as well as Conical and Conical Full in most sizes in 99 and 101.

Often they don't put all their offerings on the current catalogs, but I think those wheels will still be a very common size and shape, most people going with 54 or 56 mm sizes, from what I have seen.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5830 on: March 19, 2024, 02:46:19 PM »
Classic and radial shapes will be available early next month.

Expand Quote
[close]

it's just radial, not a radial full right? i don't really like the wide ass wheels

I think you will find they are just normal Radial shape wheels.

People in the know would have said Radial Full if they were that shape, but at least two people have said Radial shape on here, so I am guessing it is just a normal Radial.

* I can see wide wheels having a place, but yeah, I am more keen on just a normal Radial shape too, especially in a very unique wheel option.

** I know I have been wrong before with thinking the Radial Full was just a big diameter version of normal Radials, so I really don't know either way, but I think that would make more sense overall, just normal Radials, not the Full version.

DinnerDog425

• Rep: 15
« Reply #5831 on: March 19, 2024, 05:08:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They still do Conical Full 97 duro in 54, 56 and 58 mm, as well as Conical and Conical Full in most sizes in 99 and 101.

Often they don't put all their offerings on the current catalogs, but I think those wheels will still be a very common size and shape, most people going with 54 or 56 mm sizes, from what I have seen.
That’s the thing I don’t mesh well with wide wheels like conical fulls, but I’d like a 97du conical option which isn’t available.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 953
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5832 on: March 19, 2024, 08:00:32 PM »
Said post:

I like this wavy version of the full size swirl. I would rock those on the outside no issue.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5833 on: March 19, 2024, 08:31:51 PM »
Not gonna lie, I film a lot and a lot in areas with hills so a sliding filmer wheel is a fucking necessity, which is why I have been riding Dragons like a year and a half ago and those are amazing. But not gonna lie that I sanded down the graphics in both sets I've had because I'm not really a Bones/Powell fan and the Dragon graphics suck.

I only skate Spitfires on my normal board so having a Spitfire that does the sliding cruiser wheel thing which Powell definitely re-defined shit over with is amazing! I'm so glad we now have the Spitfire version!!

Couldn't agree more. Bones stuff is sick. Powell stuff especially of late is wah wah wahhhhhhhhh. I like the dragons. Still wanna try an Andy board but it's never gonna happen.

Im in a different world. Dlx has always understood me. They've always been on my board. Definitely after the tfour it's been constant.

I'm a Thrasher baby. Poweredge too. I like TWS had a script forever but thats ramp local shit. So is Powell.

Bones is sick. Those graphics dagger a little.
(A)pl(E)

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5834 on: March 20, 2024, 07:03:59 AM »
Just radial, not the full version.
I rode some conical full samples so they are coming potentially.
Classic Reynolds 52/53/54
Radial 56/58

MC3

• Rep: 136
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #5835 on: March 20, 2024, 08:35:38 AM »
imma get some 53 or 54 classics for the slappy setup i've been scheming in my head
(Cool Trick GIF)

rikki

« Reply #5836 on: March 20, 2024, 08:46:45 AM »
Glad they chose Classics and Radials and not some uber-fat shapes.

texastoast

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5837 on: March 20, 2024, 09:19:45 AM »

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5838 on: March 20, 2024, 09:29:55 AM »
Have they tweaked the formula for these 93s then?

As lots of people (here) don’t find F4 97s easy at sliding, or fast on smooth stuff?

Wouldn’t a F4 93 be even stickier and gummier and not much like an F4 at all? If they have improved the lower duros… can kind of see them dropping the 97s eventually  as a stop-gap.

(me - I ride the F497, think they slide and roll fine, tiny bit gripper but the serviceability on crust makes up… but Dragons x97 -and- 93a are has to be said -much- faster ‘one push’ on wood & smooth park out the gate).

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #5839 on: March 20, 2024, 09:32:30 AM »
Still no idea what the “Sapphires” were meant to be for, and nobody gone be buying their OJ3 knock off shapes…

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5840 on: March 20, 2024, 11:28:25 AM »

As lots of people (here) don’t find F4 97s easy at sliding, or fast on smooth stuff?

Wouldn’t a F4 93 be even stickier and gummier and not much like an F4 at all? If they have improved the lower duros… can kind of see them dropping the 97s eventually  as a stop-gap.

(me - I ride the F497, think they slide and roll fine, tiny bit gripper but the serviceability on crust makes up… but Dragons x97 -and- 93a are has to be said -much- faster ‘one push’ on wood & smooth park out the gate).

The 93 definitely slides more than the 97 and really well on rough ground. They are exceptionally fast also. I was able to skate spots that would bring me to a stop on my traditional 99s, I know it doesn’t make much sense how softer wheels could slide more, but the properties in the materials they use to make wheels can be manipulated I’m assuming to create different responses, adding a little more of this, taking away a little of this causes the wheels to respond differently.
I’ve talked with a few people in the industry about urethane and the other compounds brands like Powell use to make wheels and this option has always been there, but it wasn’t in demand so no one was pursuing it until now.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5841 on: March 20, 2024, 11:57:53 AM »

That's what I was thinking, surely if it's 'better' than the 97s it's tweaked (I'm not a fan of the F4 97s as they didn't retain anything that makes an F4 an F4 - could have easily just ridden a 95 Nomad); they were soft and slow and didn't really slide.

F4 branding is too big for DLX to call them something different (different formula or not); BONES STF has been withering on the vine for years so 50/50 chance using STF would be better for the brand...I would have opt'd for STFx or some shit.

Wonder if they'll revamp the 97s - or maybe go 95....with the recent whiter F4s there's def some chemistry going on.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5842 on: March 20, 2024, 12:59:41 PM »
 ???
I'm feeling like I should hurry up and buy a bunch of 97s 56 and above before they get discontinued.

Cuz I think it's perfection. Like absolutely perfect.

If lived out there I'd walk right to the office rn and say I need a shoe string of 97a 58s got any work that needs done?

I got house paint. Y'all wanna trade?

Cuz I'm feeling it. Feeling it way way harder than anything I've ever owned probably

One wheel. The clear blue SPF formula which I think was+84b. Super hard shit.

My beloved and gravely missed homie had a set. 58s or 60s. There's a video of him bombing the Lynch bridge during a One Gig race. Idk how he pulled it. He was doing 35 easy and screaming look out! Right around a 4 skater pile up and almost took out 2 bystanders one with a baby carriage who refused to move when i asked.
Never got to see the warned the.m.

Drew is the fastest skater I've ever seen. He ate it in Dorchester blowing a stop sign and got hurt. Once you break 30mph it's best not to put a foot down . sometimes the ground with just say NOPE! Get you wobbles. Maybe just a single jerk and you run over you pushing foots heel.

He was road rashed from head to toe. I almost secured the wheel in trade but he lost that board.

That wheel reminded me of the nicotine age for some reason. I don't think they had a tall clear blue skinny wheel tho so it must've been Drew's style.

He's 110% the real screaming deal. A tru king of hill bombs
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 01:11:59 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5843 on: March 20, 2024, 01:05:37 PM »
Yep radials are the ones. Need to grab, getting the itch

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #5844 on: March 20, 2024, 01:27:01 PM »

...and radial slims become available again.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5845 on: March 20, 2024, 01:32:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

...and radial slims become available again.

Preach!

Even STF are scarce in v1/3 these days if you want a slim wheel; V2s (pretty much a radial slim as opposed to a tablet) doesn’t exist anymore. Ricta have a slim but it kinda isn’t (underrated wheels imo)- miss the super slim nyjah wheel his recent footage at prods park has him on some old ass yellow slims.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5846 on: March 20, 2024, 01:47:53 PM »
I put my 52 classics on again after only riding 54 and 56 conical fulls and og classics for the past 2 years and I could not stay locked into crooks on them. I may have unknowingly converted fully to big chonky wheels. Not having to push as much is also a nice plus.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5847 on: March 20, 2024, 03:58:52 PM »
Yeah turn out I prefer OG/Conicals.

Everything works but those just work the best for me. I love F4

I went from like regular old wheels to DTF bones in like 2002? Bought them at Brick House. The original one. Lost um. Went and got these local soft wheels called Super balls. Rode those every day till 2012-3. Ripped the core out Infront of the Wreck Ctr on Rugg Rd one night. Replaced those with natural 80hd classics.
I loved um.
Rode those almost every day still got them. They're like 48 mm down from 53. When in 2016 I bought my first set of 56mm 99a Conicals fulls. I loved the blue graphics.

I'm head over heels.

F4 and modern Venture are the best skater products I've ever had. I've had literally everything.
(A)pl(E)

Zane

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5848 on: March 20, 2024, 06:15:50 PM »
Just radial, not the full version.
I rode some conical full samples so they are coming potentially.
Classic Reynolds 52/53/54
Radial 56/58

No radial in 54? In the spitfire instagram post, it shows a non-Reynolds wheel labeled “54”. So I assumed that was the radial graphic

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5849 on: March 20, 2024, 07:43:22 PM »

Couldn't help but laugh as someone posted "Dragon slayers" in the Spitfire comments.

Fukin gold!!!!!