Author Topic: Do you wear the same size in all skate shoes?  (Read 7812 times)

imuseless

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: Do you wear the same size in all skate shoes?
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2020, 07:56:24 AM »
In your opinion, how much space between the tip of your toes and the tip of the shoe is too much? How much is too little?

I know many people like to skate snug fitting shoes, but your big toe should not be touching the tip wall of the shoe while walking. Didn't believe until ingrown shoenail and chronic paronychia.

Edit. I guess half inch of wiggle room is about right.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 08:03:52 AM by imuseless »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1973
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2020, 07:57:48 AM »
I'm mostly a Vans and Converse guy. For years I wore 10.5/11 in Vans and then "sized down" to 10 in Converse until one day I tried a pair of Vans in 10 and realized they were perfect.

TumKayo

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2020, 08:15:06 AM »
11.5 here in Nike, Adidas, eS, DC and more.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2020, 09:00:13 AM »
In your opinion, how much space between the tip of your toes and the tip of the shoe is too much? How much is too little?

I guess half inch is about right, but sometimes you gotta have a little more than that bc the 1/2 size down is too small (or maybe that shoe model just isn't right for you). One could maybe get away with a little less, but again, that is a little less than a 1/2 inch when you are standing up straight with your weight centered and someone else is checking it and its the evening (when your feet have expanded to their largest size). Checking the size of a shoe sitting down is useless and misleading.

Also keep in mind that the big toe isn't the longest toe for some people. I have a morton's toe, so my second toe is longer than the big toe. Honestly though its hard to use my second toe for measure so typically I still measure with the big toe but I keep in mind that the second is a little longer. Every shoe has a different shaped toe area. Some are more square, others are pointy. Some are sharply slanted to toward the big toe and these shoes I cannot wear at all due to having a morton's toe. I look for more square shaped toe boxes.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:06:58 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2020, 12:25:13 PM »
Something that I don't think anyone has said yet is that not all shoe companies make shoes equally - fit, size, volume, insole type, etc.  They all use different lasts on what they think the "normal" foot shape is.
You'd think a size 10 would be roughly the same but it's not, for some reason.

I'll range anywhere from a 10.5 up to a 12, but this is not because I don't know my shoe size, but because brands don't fit the same in the same number size. I don't know actual measurements of my feet. Never really done that.i should do that soon, actually.

My normal size: 11. Not sure if anyone shares similar size differences

- Cons CTAS Pro low/high, One Star Pro, One Star CC Pro, Louie Lopez (some people say LL are TTS but not me), and Jack Purcell Pro: 10.5
- Cons Fastbreak Pro, Checkpoint Pro, Breakpoint Pro, Pro Leather: 11

- NB 212/213: 10.5
- NB 288, 440, 868, 379, 358, 255: 11.5 (even on the newer lasts that are supposed to be "TTS")
- NB 598, 533 v1 and 533 v2: 12 (v2 I could probably do an 11.5 in hindsight)

- Vans Vulc/Cup: 11
- Vans Ultratange 1 and 2: 11.5 (could almost do 12, that shit is narrow)

- Adidas Tyshawn, Liberty Cup, Seeley, Adiease (regular and premiere), Superstar (old vulc one and new pro cupsole one), Suciu 1 & 2, Buzenitz Pro (cup), 3st 3 and 4: 11
- Adidas Buzenitz Vulc 1/2: 11.5

- Lakai Newport (cup and vulc), Atlantic, Proto, Bristol, Griffin, Sheffield, Cambridge: 11

- Emerica most models: 11
- Emerica Figgy Dose, Romero Americana: 11.5

- eS Accel Slim, Accel Slim Plus, Silo, all vulcs, Accel OG, Contract (reissue), SLB (slim reissue), SLB Mid (reissue), SLB '97 (reissue), Tribo, Scheme: 11
- es Evant, Symbol, Omega, Sparta, Quattro: 11.5

- etnies vulcs: 11
- etnies Veer, Veer Slip, Score, Marana/Marana Mid, Joslin 1, Joslin 2, Swivel, Lo-Cut, Cartel, and Senix Lo, pretty much any current cup: 11.5

- Nike: nearly everything 11
- Nike Dunk high elite, Koston hyperfeel 3, Air Force 2: 11.5

- DC Lynx, Kalis OG, Evan Smith's, TFunk, most vulcs: 11
- DC Maswell, Penza, Manteca, Kalis S, Legacy Slim, Pure, and Syntax: 11.5

- Fallen: 11

- Proper: 11

- State: 11 (some of the best stock insoles in shoes on the market right now)

That's all for now. I can tell when shoes don't fit right because of shape or the last they use is smaller/bigger than my normal size. After reviewing all of this, I have a bunch of shoe sizing knowledge sitting in my brain for so many shoes I'll never buy or never buy again (let alone skate) because of my experience trying them on or buying a certain size online based on reviews. I hope this post helps others on sizing for some model, though!

This is actually incredibly helpful and jives with what I've experienced on the few of those I've skated. I have a 10" foot and skate a 9 in everything just to be safe. I think I can use this to go down to 8.5 on some shoes for a more proper fit. How long is your foot?