Author Topic: I totally understand the Cariuma hate  (Read 103471 times)

Southernmost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 120
Re: I totally understand the Cariuma hate
« Reply #990 on: January 11, 2024, 10:30:26 PM »
I've always thought the reviews are highly suspect and most probly AI generated. Nearly every shoe has over 2000 reviews and 90% are 5stars and nothing below a 3 star rating.

Some of the civilian shows have 19000 reviews...........

How do they seemingly have an endless budget? Do they actually sell that many pairs of shoes to justify everything? They appear to have a decent size team that mostly gets paid, they used to do tons of advertising (SLS, Berrics, Tampa Pro, Social Media, etc.) Are they huge in South America and Asia? I’ve always just been kinda curious how they were able to infiltrate so fast without really growing organically or being “cool”.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #991 on: January 12, 2024, 12:35:50 AM »
Expand Quote
I've always thought the reviews are highly suspect and most probly AI generated. Nearly every shoe has over 2000 reviews and 90% are 5stars and nothing below a 3 star rating.

[close]

How do they seemingly have an endless budget? Do they actually sell that many pairs of shoes to justify everything? They appear to have a decent size team that mostly gets paid, they used to do tons of advertising (SLS, Berrics, Tampa Pro, Social Media, etc.) Are they huge in South America and Asia? I’ve always just been kinda curious how they were able to infiltrate so fast without really growing organically or being “cool”.
Money laundry for the scientology church
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Oog

• Rep: 4
« Reply #992 on: January 12, 2024, 06:54:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Money laundry for the scientology church

I'm in NYC and see a fair amount of normies wearing the non-skate ones so I'm sure that's where most of their profits come from. I bet they are fine with losing money on the skate program because to the mid 30s street style girls in New York who are tired of paying $600 for Golden Goose sneakers think its cool they can wear a "legit" eco friendly sk8r brand. I think that's why most of their skate adverting money has been spent on things like influencers and the Olympics because these are more likely to be seen by non-skaters and create brand recognition with the non-skate demographic than something like thrasher ads or sponsoring core skaters. I think they know skaters are going to reject it but there's not much money in skateboarding anyway. There is way more money in the hands of people who don't skate but think skateboarding is kewl.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #993 on: January 12, 2024, 07:45:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Honestly I think it's as simple as wealthy investors in Singapore attempting to grow a brand from the Global South to rival Nike/adidas/Cons, etc. Cariuma is only a few years old, so it's likely that there is not yet any return on the investment and the major investors are intending to play a long game.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #994 on: January 12, 2024, 02:00:04 PM »
So I assume a ha dful of people on slap like the same kind of skating or content that I do

So I'll ask this question

How many of us are actually on tiktok? And most of these social media YouTube folks have a massive following that probably doesn't frequent slap, so that demo of skateboarder surely must be buying whatever their trusted youtuber is into.

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Shtonk

• Rep: -351
« Reply #995 on: January 12, 2024, 03:31:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Honestly I think it's as simple as wealthy investors in Singapore attempting to grow a brand from the Global South to rival Nike/adidas/Cons, etc. Cariuma is only a few years old, so it's likely that there is not yet any return on the investment and the major investors are intending to play a long game.

Has somebody told these investors about what's happening with DC, Emerica, etc?

Ghost Face

• Rep: 109
« Reply #996 on: January 13, 2024, 01:01:43 AM »
I can see them leveraging the Olympics exposure and using that to sell the whole company for huge money come 2025. "Look at us, we're everywhere, SLS, Olympics, Tampa Am and Pro, we've got 20000 reviews on our website, people love our shoes and this can all be yours for ........".
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

falcon stomp

• Rep: -15
« Reply #997 on: January 20, 2024, 02:12:44 AM »
YO What’s up with this one

Around Christmas me and my family went to one of these “pig” restaurants. https://www.thepighotel.com/our-pigs/

Super fancy like old Manor House style doo very trendy. And all the staff had cariumas like there were fucking loads of em too, clearly mandatory. But they weren’t even plain like a pig green logo ones to go with the otherwise, Old quaint Victorian house keeper vibe. So It didn’t make any sense.

Scientology linked?

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 440
« Reply #998 on: January 20, 2024, 04:08:31 AM »

Around Christmas me and my family went to one of these “pig” restaurants. https://www.thepighotel.com/our-pigs/

Super fancy like old Manor House style doo very trendy. And all the staff had cariumas like there were fucking loads of em too, clearly mandatory. But they weren’t even plain like a pig green logo ones to go with the otherwise, Old quaint Victorian house keeper vibe. So It didn’t make any sense.

Scientology linked?

I’m not entirely sure what you’re talking about, but your conclusion sounds very reasonable to me.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #999 on: January 20, 2024, 07:21:11 AM »
I saw a pair yesterday at the thrift store and they appear to be very well made.

Old SadFat

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1000 on: January 20, 2024, 08:00:54 AM »

Scientology linked?

No. The Pig Chain is 'owned' by Jim Ratcliffe, petrochems billionaire sportwasher behind INEOS. It would appear Cariuma shoes are simply front of house part of the uniform. Which is funny because I always thought they gave off a heavy Shoes For Crews vibe. They might even have been chosen by whoever did the design for the Pig because of their bullshit greenwashery.

So many of these fucking stately home hotels now have some kind of fucked up billionaire backing. Monkey Island out in Bray is owned by YTL which is owned by the totally not sinister Yeoh family. Who also own 100% of Wessex Water. Yay privatisation!   

Shiro417gunpla

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1001 on: January 21, 2024, 08:19:30 PM »
I saw a pair yesterday at the thrift store and they appear to be very well made.

The skating version or regular ones I saw some also but they were women's version super thin and the vulk felt like shitty foam
corduroy emerica ridgemonts

Sterilizeurslf

• Rep: -17
« Reply #1002 on: January 22, 2024, 02:12:38 AM »
Ahh yes this post again..
Change the logo and name.
Poof! I just made them a bil
I want 10% of cariuma's earnings
Dm here to send me money
Look at where fp is rn
Nothing started happening til I said something to the open minded owner of the company.
The owner of fallen footwear owes me some shoes as well and nike still enslaves children while I write this...
Fuc nike

Sincerely ~yours~

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1003 on: January 22, 2024, 05:23:10 AM »
scientology, lame brand and slap. what a great cocktail for a 100 pager of hate here on the forum. I will make coffee.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1004 on: January 22, 2024, 02:54:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The skating version or regular ones I saw some also but they were women's version super thin and the vulk felt like shitty foam

I’m not sure to be honest. They had a minimalist logo, and the insoles had leather in them.