Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 359769 times)

STAH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #2220 on: December 08, 2021, 10:37:42 AM »
Are the venture team lows 1mm higher than the regular venture lows? How about WB? IIRC, thunder team trucks bring in the WB ever so slightly compared to the regular raws.

how? Removing material off the baseplate in the forged versions only makes the truck lower. I don't see how that would change wheelbase.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2221 on: December 08, 2021, 11:01:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Are the venture team lows 1mm higher than the regular venture lows? How about WB? IIRC, thunder team trucks bring in the WB ever so slightly compared to the regular raws.
[close]

how? Removing material off the baseplate in the forged versions only makes the truck lower. I don't see how that would change wheelbase.

See below. Most truck brands do a similar thing with forged vs cast plates and there is a few mm wheelbase difference.

the kingpin is at the same angle but a couple of more MM foward. The baseplate as a whole is more foward. I cruise more comfortable with the forged. Manuel better with the standard.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 579
« Reply #2222 on: December 08, 2021, 11:07:30 AM »
Team are not 1 mm higher than standard, team is standard, and is one mm higher than forged plates/lights.

cool thanks for confirming!

STAH

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2223 on: December 08, 2021, 05:00:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

See below. Most truck brands do a similar thing with forged vs cast plates and there is a few mm wheelbase difference.

Expand Quote
the kingpin is at the same angle but a couple of more MM foward. The baseplate as a whole is more foward. I cruise more comfortable with the forged. Manuel better with the standard.

[close]

Oh that's actually quite interesting. I had no idea. Thanks for the photo reference. I just tested this out with some Indy standards against some Indy titaniums (forged baseplate) and they were exactly the same. Perhaps its just a deluxe thing.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 08:25:37 PM by STAH »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2224 on: December 09, 2021, 06:47:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Oh that's actually quite interesting. I had no idea. Thanks for the photo reference. I just tested this out with some Indy standards against some Indy titaniums (forged baseplate) and they were exactly the same. Perhaps its just a deluxe thing.

I always understood it was to keep the pop feel as similar as possible. Since it is going to be a few mm low, to balance that out the axle sits back a few mm. Trying to keep the product consistent I guess?

Others have mentioned it but it would be cool if someone did it but kept the axle in the same place to make it feel even lighter.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #2225 on: December 11, 2021, 04:59:41 PM »
anyone get a pair of ventures within the past year with no sizing on the truck and just 2 little nubs/dots where the numbers would be? i'm sitting on a pair and it's got me curious

antarctica

• Rep: 21
  • why
« Reply #2226 on: December 11, 2021, 09:26:52 PM »
anyone get a pair of ventures within the past year with no sizing on the truck and just 2 little nubs/dots where the numbers would be? i'm sitting on a pair and it's got me curious
Was curious about my two pairs after you said this so I went and checked and my pair of 5.8 standards that I bought around two years ago have those two little nubs you were talking about, however my pair of 5.6 vlights that I bought around 6 months ago have 5.6H marked on em lol. Wonder whats the reasoning behind that

Boog

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2227 on: December 12, 2021, 05:14:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Was curious about my two pairs after you said this so I went and checked and my pair of 5.8 standards that I bought around two years ago have those two little nubs you were talking about, however my pair of 5.6 vlights that I bought around 6 months ago have 5.6H marked on em lol. Wonder whats the reasoning behind that
Maybe the standards have the nubs and the v lights or hollows have the size? I have 2 pairs of standards from the past 3 years that have the nubs but I have a pair of 5.0 v hollows from like 6 years ago that have the size stamped on them.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #2228 on: December 12, 2021, 06:09:43 AM »
Just got the titanium’s…. Light as fuck bois, thanks for the recommendation, no difference except my setup is light as hell
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2229 on: December 12, 2021, 08:32:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Maybe the standards have the nubs and the v lights or hollows have the size? I have 2 pairs of standards from the past 3 years that have the nubs but I have a pair of 5.0 v hollows from like 6 years ago that have the size stamped on them.

i think we solved the mystery! mine with the nubs were definitely a pair of standards, so thanks for narrowing that down as i was just holding hangers in my hand and didn't even consider the vlight factor lol

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #2230 on: December 12, 2021, 09:21:49 AM »
Can someone post a picture of said nubs? I’ve been on ventures for 30 years and I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #2231 on: December 12, 2021, 09:28:05 AM »
Can someone post a picture of said nubs? I’ve been on ventures for 30 years and I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Same.

What’s your favorite venture? Past or present?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #2232 on: December 12, 2021, 09:39:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

i think we solved the mystery! mine with the nubs were definitely a pair of standards, so thanks for narrowing that down as i was just holding hangers in my hand and didn't even consider the vlight factor lol
I got standards and mines say “5.8H” I believe. Got them last year.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #2233 on: December 12, 2021, 10:43:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same.

the 5.2 lows. I didn’t even think about trucks until recently; it was always the same, 3 threads showing each side, whatever ventures from the shop.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2234 on: December 12, 2021, 11:01:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Same.

[close]
the 5.2 lows. I didn’t even think about trucks until recently; it was always the same, 3 threads showing each side, whatever ventures from the shop.

Same.
Thank you.
I’m trying to find the wide 52s to give more terrain options.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2235 on: December 12, 2021, 01:40:40 PM »
i come bearing nubs

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #2236 on: December 12, 2021, 05:07:00 PM »
my 2021 standards have 5.8H no nubs

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2237 on: December 16, 2021, 10:01:31 AM »
holiday drop 2021 (carl pro in bunnyhop?)

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2238 on: December 16, 2021, 12:46:47 PM »
corduroy snap is kinda gas

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #2239 on: December 16, 2021, 04:11:19 PM »
i want a raw 5.8/6.1 with green bushings.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #2240 on: December 16, 2021, 05:59:58 PM »
holiday drop 2021 (carl pro in bunnyhop?)

I’m not really feeling the trucks but I might pick up a pair to support.

What’s a 5.8? Widest I have is a 8.38 and am thinking of setting it up as a cruiser.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2241 on: December 16, 2021, 06:12:22 PM »
8.5 axles on the 5.8
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #2242 on: December 16, 2021, 07:31:30 PM »
8.5 axles on the 5.8
Thanks hommie.
Might just wait for his board after the chocolate video (I might quit skating if he doesn’t get turned pro).

Getgreens

• Rep: 0
  • Big hangers
« Reply #2243 on: December 19, 2021, 04:55:13 PM »
I usually ride stage X 159s with 94a bototm 92a top conical indy bushings on 8.38 flat 14.5 wb with the longer nose/tail ratios than 7''/6.5". Krooked/bakers.

So i saw this 8.38x32.75 habitat marius nasa deck a while back and got/stashed it. Then i paired it with 6.1 kaders which needed a bushing swap day 1 bc of wheel bite on my older 52mm 99a SFW spitfires from when i first started riding 159s on 8.38. Got risers with bones hards just flat top bushing only. Board feels like hell its like the "challange" board in my quiver. Sure it blasts ollies and epic half cabs and switch ollies in transition. Its a mother to flip on flat, but still really fun to flip on tranny and steep bank walls.

The 8.75 axle translation Is a bit hard to compare with that epic sled of an 8.38 i call it the cadillac car. As ill be putting the indys onto it to gain some "familiarity" To run ventures on an 8.38x32 baker with concave. I normally ride flat bakers and krookeds but i havent this past year. I rode two 8.8 shapeds instead. With the indys and tried out the ventures on that  32.75 sled. Chipped it to hell on QP's on bs and fs flips.

The 6.1 standards ride well on the 8.8 shaped now that ive finally swapped the indys i got a 2nd pair with yellow bushings. They turn really good and i even got 56mm conicals and the nut is flush on the kingpin and so far no wheelbite w/o risers im guessing its bc of the shape of the deck.

Im going to hunt down an 8.38 flat with a big non rounded/pointy nose/tail. To run the 6.1 kaders on to really see how they feel vs my indys. Im guessing if i really want to like ventures on the normal shape i ride/flip. Im going to have to run 5.8s vs 159 indys which i can still run at 8.75 on 8.38 decks. Or go for a shorter 14.25" wb. Its those aspects as well as the 8.38 ishod twin tail. to test out before i know i can run ventures for life. Then theres the titanium 5.8s or potentially a titanium 6.1. That really pushes the bar for me.

Indys for me are the gold standard for carving/pool riding and generally riding fast as hell. Especially with my conical bushing setup.

Ventures are also a gold standard to me i learned my first ollies and boned bs 180s on venture 5.0s on a 7.63 way back.
To me nothing beats how ventures feel generally for olllies/halfcabs/bs180s/bs airs/bigspins.
Both hangers have their advantages indy last longer/grind longer etc for pool/crete coping and slappys etc
ventures imo have a larger/wider grinding surface on the hanger once their grinded down which leads to easy flip-in/flip out/pop from grinds. and Lock ins. So it really depends on the type of skating i feel like doing that day or how injured i am and how hindered that session is going to be. For me at least. Ill probably run the 6.1 kaders on a 8.38 ishod twin tail, and if i like the deck as much as i think im going to like the trucks for real street skating. Then ill prob stick with that shape and try 5.8 titaniums as my standard park/street setup. Just how they blast ollies and half cabs has me wanting to main 6.1 ventures if not try lighter ones on the 8.8-9.25 shaped pool/park/slappy slasher as well.

As much as i love indys i have to think of their negatives so i dont feel like im cheating in a relationship
the made in china vs made in us
55mm stage XI vs 53mm stage x/9
barrel bushing even though i have to change the kader 6.1 bushings day 1 too.
They stopped selling conical bushings in like 2017 for a window and just recently brought them back....i only like the stage 9/stage x feel....so i must run indy conicals....or spend 10$ damn near a month on bones bushings. Which made me want to buy aces over indy period....only they dont make 8.75 axle....

then manderson kader and worrest jumped ships and are walking ads for venture...then i saw yutos part and thats when i got my 2nd pair of 6.1s XD. TBH i like the 6.1s on my 8.8 more than the 159s and the 6.1 standards on that 8.8 are running stock bushings haha for that venture scored major points. First toss and jump on the board and first try slappy on red curb. Passing grade in my book...with the epic bs air pop to match. Now i just gotta run my Indy conical bushing combo so when land on bs airs and transfers i can blast/pump and hit wall to wall as fast/hard as i do with indys its the one thing indy takes the crown for me at least.

Ventures also have that added bonus of being able to run those REAL wooden risers that are made for ventures which is pretty cool i just got a couple, one for the cadillac, and just in case the 56s start wheelbiting after the 6.1s break in.
quiver
52mm SFW 159s 8.38x32.75=DITCH witch/park stick
54mm SFW 6.1 standard 8.38x32/32.125/32.25 FLAT baker or krooked=mainstay
56mm Oj hardline 8.8-9.25 shaped templeton cat when ever i can have it or lucero=pool/slappy/park stick.

Dream parts 215's/egg/57mm radial full/58mm 95a natas o's

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #2244 on: December 19, 2021, 05:53:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i come bearing nubs

I've not seen that
All mine are size marked I've had a few different models
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #2245 on: December 20, 2021, 02:05:07 AM »
I find it much harder to tre flip on lows. Everything else is much easier though.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #2246 on: December 20, 2021, 05:54:19 AM »
Landing primo a ton lately, any tips for axle slip?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2247 on: December 20, 2021, 06:20:52 AM »
I find it much harder to tre flip on lows. Everything else is much easier though.

In general, with ventures, I move my popping foot closer to the tip of the tail, less in the pocket. I still try and use a scooping motion, putting pressure on the edge of the tail. That’s what (sometimes, allegedly) ‘works’ for me.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2248 on: December 20, 2021, 07:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
i come bearing nubs

[close]

I've not seen that

interesting! do you stick to one type by chance, or do you have a mixed bag wrt v-light,v-hollow, etc?

i've also emailed them but haven't gotten anything back yet, for anyone curious

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #2249 on: December 20, 2021, 01:01:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
i come bearing nubs

[close]

I've not seen that
[close]

interesting! do you stick to one type by chance, or do you have a mixed bag wrt v-light,v-hollow, etc?

i've also emailed them but haven't gotten anything back yet, for anyone curious

Just checked mine. I have a set of worrest 5.8’s that have the nubs. The set of v-hollows I bought earlier this year have 5.6 on the hanger.