Author Topic: Venture 2020  (Read 359795 times)

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 236
Re: Venture 2020
« Reply #3450 on: November 05, 2022, 01:33:15 PM »
I’m stoked to see the Kaders actually hitting shops. Those are my next truck.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3451 on: November 05, 2022, 01:54:10 PM »
I was a team thunder guy and went to forged ventures and didn’t really notice a difference but liked it was a hair lower than the cast.  I’d namely consider the cast to put in an IKP, but even that’s kinda unnecessary because of the clearance is fine.  For the most part cast plates look better, that’s why I’d skate them.  It’s good they are mixing it up though because some nut jobs care…..

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #3452 on: November 05, 2022, 03:26:39 PM »

Is there a release date? I'm gonna get a set

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3453 on: November 05, 2022, 07:16:15 PM »
I got my board back today!

The most noticable thing that I missed about my ventures is the way they pop out of a balanced 5oh. On my Aces I hit the curb almost every time.

On my ventures I can really pow that shit every single time. Even if I'm off balance an whiff the pop a little. I always get the Ollie foot to make full contact.

Pow. I'm so stoked my board is back.

Being on my super old cast trucks again is pretty sick my 58mm wheel too.

It really doesn't take much to make my day. I just need to pop out of a grind a few times and I'm happy af
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1940
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3454 on: November 05, 2022, 10:30:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They are already in stores, but SWH only has them in 5.2
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3455 on: November 05, 2022, 10:52:03 PM »
I’m not buying that the shape or geo has anything to do with how they grind….it feels like a harder alloy. 

Lepanto

• Rep: 6
« Reply #3456 on: November 06, 2022, 02:34:58 AM »

What they got special? I am curious about that OG base plate? Different geometry?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3457 on: November 06, 2022, 07:12:28 AM »
I’m not buying that the shape or geo has anything to do with how they grind….it feels like a harder alloy.

Seems like it but once I get a groove going it feels regular.

Ventures sounds different rolling too tho. Thunder and ventures I'm pretty sure are basically the same.

Indy is obviously a pile mousse dung bullshit.

Can I have a job Andrew Cannon? I want to subvert freedom and enslave!!! I want to be an NHS Master
(A)pl(E)

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3458 on: November 06, 2022, 08:02:13 AM »
I went a mm from the axel on my last set and it to me at least the thunders still felt like they grinded better…I’d say thunders grind normal, Aces grind well….Indy is Indy….the standard.  It depends what you’re skating like shitty angle iron, I definitely feel they don’t grind well.  Skatepark coping, can’t really say much difference.

That said, I think ventures last longer than thunders, obviously because they have more meat on them but of the material. 

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #3459 on: November 06, 2022, 09:27:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What they got special? I am curious about that OG base plate? Different geometry?

it's an 'official' hollow axel & kingpin w/ a cast baseplate, so no more having to have a piece together a similar truck with 2 sets + a hollow kingpin without having to DIY

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3460 on: November 06, 2022, 12:31:47 PM »
It’s acknowledgement as we reckon with our broken relationship with trucks…..

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #3461 on: November 07, 2022, 11:00:33 AM »
Got some 5.6 v-cast over the weekend.  They are everything i've wanted for years. 

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #3462 on: November 07, 2022, 11:52:20 AM »
Did we ever figure out the difference in casting marks under the hangar?

My 5.2 and 5.6 both have the number, while my newly acquired 5.8 just have two dots there.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3463 on: November 07, 2022, 04:13:34 PM »

My 5.2 and 5.6 both have the number, while my newly acquired 5.8 just have two dots there.

I think it was because 5.8 only come in one height, whereas the smaller trucks come in Hi or Lo so they put that on there too.

I could be wrong, but they haven't changed the mold for them so don't need to have that info under them like the other ones do.

I do have a set of 5.8 coming in the next day or so which would be newer ones, not old stock, so will check and see what is under them.

Should check my 6.1 set and see if there is anything under them while I am at it.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #3464 on: November 07, 2022, 05:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it's an 'official' hollow axel & kingpin w/ a cast baseplate, so no more having to have a piece together a similar truck with 2 sets + a hollow kingpin without having to DIY
I want them bc I am due new trucks, want v hollow lights, want to try cast…this checks all the boxes and looks cool to me. I most def will put harder bushings in them tho.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3465 on: November 07, 2022, 05:43:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it was because 5.8 only come in one height, whereas the smaller trucks come in Hi or Lo so they put that on there too.

I could be wrong, but they haven't changed the mold for them so don't need to have that info under them like the other ones do.

I do have a set of 5.8 coming in the next day or so which would be newer ones, not old stock, so will check and see what is under them.

Should check my 6.1 set and see if there is anything under them while I am at it.
my 6.1s say 6.1H under em
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3466 on: November 07, 2022, 05:56:19 PM »
Could it be because they are expanding the lows to more sizes…

Yeh…no.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #3467 on: November 08, 2022, 09:30:47 AM »
First session on those 5.8s, also first session on Ventures in probably a year? today.

I was trying to fully commit to Independent, but I have two Baker boards that I absolutely could not skate on Independents. The tail is so damn mellow. I bought these 5.8s for cheap to see if I could salvage those two boards.

It worked perfectly. Took an unskateably mellow board and made it feel great. I missed the crack of Venture pop- very satisfying. I think I'll keep em around if I ever end up with other super mellow decks in the future.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 11:54:57 AM by hiljentaa »

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 177
« Reply #3468 on: November 08, 2022, 07:10:59 PM »
Have just been browsing a shop online and came across these. I’m unsure if they fit or anything like that was more just curious if they did and if anyone has tried them.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1088
« Reply #3469 on: November 08, 2022, 07:33:09 PM »
Which one of you freaks is gonna try Tracker bushings and report back to us?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 08:04:15 PM by manysnakes »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 177
« Reply #3470 on: November 08, 2022, 07:50:47 PM »
I'm due for some new ones soon enough so if nobody has tried them, I'll do one for the team and grab a set and put them on once mine are fully dusted and report back. 

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1485
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #3471 on: November 08, 2022, 08:01:11 PM »
I can report that Fury Super Sport bushings fit in the venture lows just fine. It actually feels a little soft but they were new before I shoved them in some new plain old 5.2 low just to see if they were an improvement. They are only alright for now. Nothing groundbreaking.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #3472 on: November 09, 2022, 06:20:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

TGM has them from 5.2s til 5.8s

IpathCats

« Reply #3473 on: November 09, 2022, 06:30:19 AM »

It's both. Like @Uncle Flea said, it gets better when you get a groove going and have them worn in which is evidence of the shape affecting the grind.

The alloy is def different though too. harder, tinny

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3474 on: November 09, 2022, 06:32:17 AM »
Have just been browsing a shop online and came across these. I’m unsure if they fit or anything like that was more just curious if they did and if anyone has tried them.

Those really REALLY soft ones would be interesting for people who are light as a feather or want the "almost no bushings at all" feeling.

Even the Venture low 90 duro still wouldn't be quite as soft or mushy feeling as the 75s and the white aftermarket Indy bushings - super soft are 78 duro and feel like I was sitting on not much at all, so it would definitely be a good set or so if that was what you were after.

That said, if the bushings were an extra mm or two taller, they would have to compress a whole lot more just to get the nut on, so might feel way firmer than other harder duro bushings in lower heights.

Hope that makes sense, but it is interesting to test taller or shorter bushings in some trucks just to see what the difference is, eg Ishod using two tops in each of his Thunder trucks to really get way more turn out of them, or someone else I know who used two bottoms to really firm up the trucks completely, not to mention how hard it was to get the nut on too.

They are the two extremes and both work for those individuals too, but I would be keen to see them in person, or at least get a mm height measurement from them before buying online.  That's just me though.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3475 on: November 09, 2022, 07:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
my 6.1s say 6.1H under em

Checked my other trucks and same, with 6.1H under this one set I have.

The package arrived today and these 5.8 pro editions - all standard polished with a small V wing logo for Max Geronzi - have 5.8H under them too, compared to just the two dots on the last set of 5.8 polished I got a while back.

I guess moving forward all the trucks will have that info on them, which makes sense.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3476 on: November 09, 2022, 09:42:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's both. Like @Uncle Flea said, it gets better when you get a groove going and have them worn in which is evidence of the shape affecting the grind.

The alloy is def different though too. harder, tinny

Ben only said they were both aluminum, but there are many alloys of aluminum and his answer didn't negate that they could be using a harder one.

I've done 50-50's long enough to get grooves and the grind never changes. His explanation seems bogus.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3477 on: November 10, 2022, 06:22:45 AM »
That’s just he answer Ben got, I don’t think he’s buying it either.  I agree, I’ve skated them down to the axel almost and to me the grind felt similar all the way through. 

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3478 on: November 10, 2022, 07:12:21 AM »
I mean. It's could be just the methods?

I have old USA thunders. Two eras. My favorite set are from around 97. No better grind designed than that.

Cut bushings frickin 7.6 or worse and they're the low teams.

In 2016 when I went to orchard in the North End location to get proper gear for my return to tricks.

The kid with the long hair and glasses? (I'm sorry I forget the name) ((also I might be pulling kids from Guitar Ctr into this memory))) was like WTF! Those are the lowest trucks I've ever seen.

You'd be surprised how big a wheel fits in there. I ride 53 up.

Those are pretty close to my venture's grind.

The newer small USA stamp I haven't skated much because they're so big.

Painted black with the bigr grenade print in black.

They stick out too far on 8.5s and I ride.38 down to 8s. So I never get to use them.  I hate cross lock grinds. It's the worst of all flat bar feelings for me.

Very beautiful trucks tho.

I assume it's the last run of USA Thunders. They are sticky AF.

I'm not going to front. I'm too upset to continue editing this post. I'm not having a good time rn.

All of my gear is fucked. Im too pussy to send in the trucks. I can't afford to send in the trucks.

I have bad dreams about my fucking skateboard almost every night.

I'll be skating and poof! The board is gone.
Do I go to the shop for a new one? Nope.

Every time this happens I gotta go to the County Jail I built in my mind as a child to get it.

When I arrive at what looks like an escape from NY set x1000 there's a pile of orange jumpsuits next to subway style turnstiles.

I get dressed hop over the bars and boom I'm in the labyrinth. Jail in voluntary in my dreams.

All manner of vice is in side their. I get my board and have to escape because the system doesn't want me in the jail.

My ways are bad for business and I start riots and free people who aren't there voluntarily.

I have the skate. I'm on top of my world when I'm spotted by Deputy Dog. There's a long ass dust cloud coming in the distance. It's the posse time to fly.

I say goodbye to my hooker friends who live in the jail and fly out the window.
I'm not a good flyer. It's like in that movie Lost Boys. I gotta hang on to trees and shit. It's more like swimming.

I forgot my board tho and the posse has my ventures. Fuck.

Anyway I'm having a tough time dealing with my situation. I wish my brain was ok. I wish humans would stop being violent.

I need a boy or girl friend pretty badly.

There's something wrong with my sex rn. I can't feel it.
(A)pl(E)

IpathCats

« Reply #3479 on: November 10, 2022, 07:19:06 AM »
Nick Matthews makes me want to skate ventures.

Can't do it.

But he does make me want to.